PDA

View Full Version : How early does tailgating start at your school?

eiu1999
August 26th, 2011, 02:40 PM
:D

jmufan999
August 26th, 2011, 02:53 PM
JMU lots open at 8AM on gamedays.

Eaglesrus
August 26th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I'm not one of them, but from reading GSUfans.com I can say that some folks arrive with their motor homes (and a few to camp) in our lots on Friday afternoon.

Apphole
August 26th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I'm not one of them, but from reading GSUfans.com I can say that some folks arrive with their motor homes (and a few to camp) in our lots on Friday afternoon.
I think that's where they live anyway

Apphole
August 26th, 2011, 03:08 PM
For a 3:30 kickoff we usually get there between 9-10.

eiu1999
August 26th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I think that's where they live anywayxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

DFW HOYA
August 26th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Probably 90-120 minutes in advance of kickoff. With only 50 surface parking places, no need to start early.

Grizzaholic
August 26th, 2011, 03:59 PM

Your avatar quite possibly is the worst one ever...

Bogus Megapardus
August 26th, 2011, 04:05 PM
On a Lafayette-Lehigh game weekend, tailgating starts in earnest at about 5:00 PM on the Friday beforehand. Otherwise it starts early enough for the caterers to set up so that the Veuve Clicquot can be chilled to about 10° Celsius while tempering the foie gras for about an hour before the Steward places it on its bedding. Since we're all roughing it here, the point-toast duck liver pâté and cucumber sandwiches can be served at any time. No need to fuss when you're out at the country house, after all.

Twentysix
August 26th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I think 6 hours before kickoff, but no earlier than 8am?

I am not positive but i think its along these lines.

Thats for offical lot tailgaiting.

Sader87
August 26th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Not so much "when tailgating starts" but when it's "forcefully ended" by the jack-booted thugs of the WPD that is an issue at Holy Cross.

Grizzaholic
August 26th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Who tailgates. Sounds kinda gay if you ask me. This is supposed to be about the football game and not about the food, friends and drinking.

TheRevSFA
August 26th, 2011, 04:58 PM
8AM...for a game that starts at 6pm :D

Grizzaholic
August 26th, 2011, 05:00 PM
8AM...for a game that starts at 6pm :D

Is that for the players or the fans?

pokefan02
August 26th, 2011, 09:26 PM
:DFor McNeese it starts on Friday afternoon before the first home game and ends on Sunday about noon after the last game of the year...........Good South LA food can't be rushed, it is done when its done;) plus some of this xbeerchugx and this xbeerdrinkx

McNeese72
August 26th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Officially the you aren't supposed to set up before noon on Friday and are supposed to be gone by noon on Sunday but sometimes that gets stretched a little.

Doc

McTailGator
August 26th, 2011, 09:55 PM

At McNeese it's 12 noon on Friday and must be gone by noon on Sunday

TheRevSFA
August 26th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Is that for the players or the fans?

Hiyoooooooooooooo

http://images1.makefive.com/images/entertainment/television/best-sidekick-character/ed-mcmahon-7.jpg

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 26th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Depends on the game for SU. SU vs Jackson state starts Wednesday :D . SU homecoming Thursday after 5pm. Regular home games after 12 Friday xnodx . Now the alltime record for the earliest tailgate has to be Bama St Vs AAMU. I saw a pic of the Lot on a Tuesday game week. I be damn if the lot was packed and sold out 4 days before the game. xthumbsupx

Grizzaholic
August 26th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Hiyoooooooooooooo

http://images1.makefive.com/images/entertainment/television/best-sidekick-character/ed-mcmahon-7.jpg

I hear it is a few days prior for the players so they can survey the ice on the water and the drinking culture with Chris.....

Grizzaholic
August 26th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Hiyoooooooooooooo

Everyone loves you.....

REP THIS FELLA

Grizo406
August 26th, 2011, 10:44 PM
It might have already started at Montana, but I'm not sure yet!

I was on campus about 6 hours ago, and saw a guy that looked an awful lot like Grizfnz settin' up his stuff in Parking Lot P, right outside the Adams Center.

If you haven't had the luxury of eatin' the delicious food this excellent cook puts out at a Griz tailgate, you're missin' one of the finer things in life!

I've gotta' a medical consult to do tomorrow, and I'll be back on campus. So, if it was Grizfnz, I'll report the news in this thread.

Grizzaholic
August 26th, 2011, 10:51 PM
It might have already started at Montana, but I'm not sure yet!

I was on campus about 6 hours ago, and saw a guy that looked an awful lot like Grizfnz settin' up his stuff in Parking Lot P, right outside the Adams Center.

If you haven't had the luxury of eatin' the delicious food this excellent cook puts out at a Griz tailgate, you're missin' one of the finer things in life!

I've gotta' a medical consult to do tomorrow, and I'll be back on campus. So, if it was Grizfnz, I'll report the news in this thread.

Fat Flap holder is not a medical consult......sorry Grizo...

MSUBear42
August 27th, 2011, 09:40 AM
At Missouri State the official tailgate at Bearfest Village starts 4 hours before kickoff, but people start before that usually.

HailSzczur
August 27th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Our "tailgating" starts 4 hours prior to the game time in the VIP lot behind the Pavilion and vistors side of the stadium. Tailgating in the Pike lot starts 3 hours before and tailgating is not allowed in the Main Lot, but usual sees activity when Delaware comes to town

gatadotcom
August 27th, 2011, 02:57 PM
At Georgia Southern, tailgating usually starts the third or fourth week of April.

Blueandwhitefightfight
August 27th, 2011, 03:03 PM
xlolx
At Georgia Southern, tailgating usually starts the third or fourth week of April.

I was unaware we ever stopped...

Grizo406
August 27th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Fat Flap holder is not a medical consult......sorry Grizo...

OK, Dr. Welby, here goes...

EVERY MOTHER F'N TIME I mention something/anything medical, you CONSISTENTLY/WITHOUT FAIL, insert "fat flap", or some variation of those two words!

FYI, it's also called a panniculus, or "fat apron".

In an effort to help you expand your medical vocabulary/delivery, I suggest you change it up a bit, and try one/both of those two terms...at least every once in a while, huh? It'll make the "broken record" not seem so "broke".

Again, thanks for pickin' up the tab at brunch today!xthumbsupx

Anyhoo, after I finished my biz at UM this afternoon, I checked Parking Lot P, and much to my chagrin, it wasn't Grizfnz settin' up his stuff for an early tailgate party...just a few misplaced Eastern Washington fans that thought it was the 17th of September!

Grizzaholic
August 27th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I am sorry Grizo. I will no longer attempt to make jokes about you and your medical job.

gasoutherneagle
August 28th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I'm tailgating RIGHT NOW! xawesomex

Nothin' starts off a morning in the 'Boro like COLD BEER! AHHH!
xbeerdrinkx

FargoBison
August 28th, 2011, 10:08 AM
5 and a half hours for people who pay for reserved tailgating. 5 hours for those who do non-reserved tailgating.

Jaguar79
August 29th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Like TillIDie said, SU starts mid week sometimes, but for regular home games (not homecoming or the "big" game like J-State or someone like that), you are probably looking at late Thursday to Friday morning.

unknown-swac
August 29th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Now the alltime record for the earliest tailgate has to be Bama St Vs AAMU. I saw a pic of the Lot on a Tuesday game week. I be damn if the lot was packed and sold out 4 days before the game. xthumbsupx

http://i56.tinypic.com/9kxfl3.jpg

Appaholic
August 29th, 2011, 12:48 PM
When I was tailgating, we'd try to arrive by 6:30-7a for a 3:30p kick-off to "insure we got a parking space" (that's what we told the wives...we actually had paid reserved spots at the old Warehouse beer store)....made for long days...man, I'm going to miss that....

appfan2008
August 29th, 2011, 12:55 PM
I tailgate year round in anticipation of ASU games...

really we can park at 8 am for 330 games...

49RFootballNow
August 29th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Well we're 2 years away from our first game and one guy has bought an old ambulance to convert into a tailgate vehicle and a few others plan to drink beers out of a truck on next Wednesday and watch stadium construction; so I'd say our tailgating starts 2 years before a game. xthumbsupx

Appaholic
August 29th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Well we're 2 years away from our first game and one guy has bought an old ambulance to convert into a tailgate vehicle and a few others plan to drink beers out of a truck on next Wednesday and watch stadium construction; so I'd say our tailgating starts 2 years before a game. xthumbsupx

That's awesome.....nothing like die-hard football fans....kudos!

Grizo406
August 29th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I am sorry Grizo. I will no longer attempt to make jokes about you and your medical job.

No need to be sorry, I'm only tryin' to help you.

Grizalltheway
August 29th, 2011, 05:09 PM
No need to be sorry, I'm only tryin' to help you.

Are you his friend, maybe even his helper?

Grizo406
August 29th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Are you his friend, maybe even his helper?

The many times I've let you look at, touch, and bask in the glory of 16023...I'm shocked, surprised, and a bit disappointed that you don't know the answer!

bigCasu
August 29th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I get out to App games by 6:30. Nothing like taking your time setting up and watching the town get busy.

Pard4Life
August 29th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Tail-gate?? What is tail-gate? Colgate chics?

bkrownd
August 29th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Tail-gate?? What is tail-gate? Colgate chics?

I dunno, but if you haven't started working on your chicks by midnight you aren't getting any tail.