PDA

View Full Version : What ever happen to ?

Collegefootballfan
August 26th, 2011, 12:14 PM
So with the upcoming football season fast approaching there are some
unanswered questions , some might never be answered, So in the tradition
of soap opera's past .
Will Villanova ever make a decision to accept the invitation to join Big East Football
When will the final decision be made. Is there a drop dead date.
Will the Patriot league ever accept scholarships or expand.
What is the fate for UNH and Maine, will they ever find a true home
Will the NCAA ever take the time or make an effort to solve the mess
of the ever shrinking case of east coast football.
Will the Ivy league come into the future and admit that the glory days are behind
them and that all the perceived evils of big time football are over and allow
there players into the playoffs.
Will the Patriot and Pioneer league supporters ever find common ground.
Will the long suffering fans of B.U. Northeastern, Hoffstra , ever get there teams back.
Will there ever be an answer to these questions only time and a few dedicated fans
will ever know . Till next time ,

bonarae
August 26th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Tough calls, maybe within our lifetimes, we will never get an answer AT ALL. FCS football has long been dominant in the South and the West, with the Midwest teams in the news every once in a while. FCS football's presence in the Northeast has been shrinking with the discontinuation of programs and over the course of a few years, may be nonexistent in the national eye at all.

Will the Ivy league come into the future and admit that the glory days are behind them and that all the perceived evils of big time football are over and allow there players into the playoffs.

Only the Presidents decide on our fate. Unless something radical comes out of their minds, playoffs for us is wishful thinking at best. xsmhx

Will the Patriot and Pioneer league supporters ever find common ground.

I do not know, but PFL posters here are too few and do not frequent either board much.

Will the long suffering fans of B.U. Northeastern, Hoffstra , ever get there teams back.

Maybe never. They are already moving on, and over the next few years, football programs' histories there will all but be forgotten, such as those of Pacific and Wichita State.

DFW HOYA
August 26th, 2011, 12:35 PM
1. Will Villanova ever make a decision to accept the invitation to join Big East Football?
The invitation is on ice pending what happens in the Big 12. I think there is a 50/50 chance Villanova becomes a quasi-I-A independent as a precursor.

2. Will the Patriot league ever accept scholarships or expand.
Probably not and no. Who wants to join this league? No one.

3. What is the fate for UNH and Maine, will they ever find a true home
NEC

4. Will the NCAA ever take the time or make an effort to solve the mess of the ever shrinking case of east coast football.
They. Don't. Care.

5. Will the Ivy league come into the future and admit that the glory days are behind them and that all the perceived evils of big time football are over and allow there players into the playoffs
No.

6. Will the Patriot and Pioneer league supporters ever find common ground.
No

7. Will the long suffering fans of B.U. Northeastern, Hoffstra , ever get there teams back.
No. Where is the interest right now, much less a generation from now?

NHwildEcat
August 26th, 2011, 12:48 PM
1. Will Villanova ever make a decision to accept the invitation to join Big East Football?
No...Nova will be staying right where they are.

2. Will the Patriot league ever accept scholarships or expand?
Yes, they will bring in UNH.

3. What is the fate for UNH and Maine, will they ever find a true home?
PL, NEC respectively.

4. Will the NCAA ever take the time or make an effort to solve the mess of the ever shrinking case of east coast football?
Markets make themselves...thus the NCAA is not going to force football in an area that doesn't fully accept and embrace it.

5. Will the Ivy league come into the future and admit that the glory days are behind them and that all the perceived evils of big time football are over and allow there players into the playoffs
No. But I wish they would...it would be fun to see some of them in the tourney!

6. Will the Patriot and Pioneer league supporters ever find common ground?
I don't have an answer.

7. Will the long suffering fans of B.U. Northeastern, Hoffstra , ever get there teams back?
No, those programs are dead. BU can go and screw for all I care.

crusader11
August 26th, 2011, 01:28 PM
2. Will the Patriot league ever accept scholarships or expand?
Yes, they will bring in UNH.

3. What is the fate for UNH and Maine, will they ever find a true home?
PL, NEC respectively.

I, along with other PL fans, would love for this to be the case. Bring Maine along too! With the addition of scholarships, along with UNH and Maine, there is little doubt in my mind that the PL would become one of the top FCS conferences.

DFW HOYA
August 26th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I, along with other PL fans, would love for this to be the case. Bring Maine along too! With the addition of scholarships, along with UNH and Maine, there is little doubt in my mind that the PL would become one of the top FCS conferences.

Unlikely, but if that were the case, Colgate fans would probably move to expel Georgetown from the conference and set Murray Goodman Stadium as the southernmost boundary of the PL.

NHwildEcat
August 26th, 2011, 02:11 PM

As things keep heading towards a possible move int he future for UNH, this would be the league that I personally would accept due to the proximity of the schools and history.

My most prefered situation would involve some of the other northeast based schools like Albany, Stony Brook etc...

But we shall see how things play out...this move would be a long shot with the rules in the PL...they need to change something for it to ever happen.