PDA

View Full Version : Furman Football enters the SoCon facilities arms race

PaladinNation
August 26th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Furman has officially launched a $20 Million Campaign for Renewing Excellence in Renewing Excellence in Intercollegiate Athletics.

What does this mean for the football program?
Expansion and renovation of facilities, including the football stadium fieldhouse and press box.
Funding to enhance resources for coaching, recruiting and retaining student-athletes.

The link to the football fieldhouse is here… A big thanks to Dr. Smolla

add I wish I could correct the typo in the thread header… :-)

http://www2.furman.edu/sites/becausefurmanmatters/AthleticExcellence/Pages/FootballFieldhouse.aspx

OL FU
August 26th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Good. We have ignored our facilities far too long.

Sly Fox
August 26th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Pony up, Paladins. If all goes as it appears, that could be the nicest facility in FCS once all the step-ups are gones.

Waco Kid
August 26th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Good for you guys. Any chance the restrooms and concession stands will get a face lift? They were showing their age on my last trip in 2006.

The Moody1
August 26th, 2011, 12:23 PM
It's about time. It should look great.

PaladinFan
August 26th, 2011, 12:39 PM
First time I've seen a rendering. I appreciate that they took the effort to blend the new facade in with the rest of the campus.

Is this supposed to fit where the current fieldhouse sits, or over by the scoreboard? You put that thing on the hill where the current facility is and it will "dominate the skyline" so to speak up on that hill.

OL FU
August 26th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Good for you guys. Any chance the restrooms and concession stands will get a face lift? They were showing their age on my last trip in 2006.

Nope, we are borrowing the old Boone Port a potties just for youxthumbsupx

PaladinNation
August 26th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Furman has officially launched a $20 Million Campaign for Renewing Excellence in Renewing Excellence in Intercollegiate Athletics.

What does this mean for the football program?
Expansion and renovation of facilities, including the football stadium fieldhouse and press box.
Funding to enhance resources for coaching, recruiting and retaining student-athletes.

The link to the football fieldhouse is here… A big thanks to Dr. Smolla

add I wish I could correct the typo in the thread header… :-)

http://www2.furman.edu/sites/becausefurmanmatters/AthleticExcellence/Pages/FootballFieldhouse.aspx

The new field house will replace the current field house… so same location. IMO great decision. Hopefully soon we will get a look at the front entrance/press box renderings. I'm hearing it will come all the way up the hill.

JRCA
August 26th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Good deal and congrats, Furman. I know you guys will do it right.

I dreamed of Rhodes Stadium and Southern Conference football for many years while we played NAIA and D-II in Burlington Memorial. It is fun to upgrade!

SU DOG
August 26th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Congrats - Looks Great!!!

AtlantaMountaineer
August 26th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Congratulations Paladins. Facility looks great. Always enjoy coming to Furman for games.