PDA

View Full Version : No interest in SIU at SEMO in week one? Really?

Squealofthepig
August 25th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I'm just surprised not to see any discussion on this game - the MVC has some odd games this week (Indiana State at Penn State, Missouri State at Arkansas), but this looks to be a great game for us voters to figure out how the Salukis are going to do this year, and give us an idea of SEMO and the OVC overall.

ValleyChamp
August 25th, 2011, 10:17 PM
SIU will win.

Redhawk2010
August 25th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Still over a week away..

msupigskin
August 25th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Would love to see SEMO win to help the rest of the OVC. I don't think SEMO will finish better than 3rd in the conference but the OVC will be very interesting this season I have a feeling.

underdawg
August 26th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Should be a heck of a game--probably sold out. Wish Salukis had more OOC games this close--48 miles separates the two team's towns!

I know SEMO returns their QB and a safety> A pretty good RB from the folded D-2 Nebraska-Omaha program transferred in. No matter what they may say on here Saluki fans are nervous to see how their new QB will lead the team.

SIU RBs will be solid behind a great OL and defensively the Dawgs will be much faster.

eiu1999
August 26th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I'm interested to see how SEMO looks this year, but I think SIU is a much better team.

TTUEagles
August 26th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I just think it's hard to guage SEMO for me, because it was such a dramatic, worst-to-first season last year (and great for them!). I thought they represented the OVC very well: a tough place to go to your first playoff game - halfway across the country to the eventual national champion.
For me, they almost HAVE to be down a bit this year simply due to all of the other players lost. Didn't they lose 3 starters on O-line, top RB in the league and several Defensive stars?
It's just hard to really pick them in the OVC higher than 4th or 5th in what I think will be a very tough OVC race this year...
I will pull for SEMO but, pick SIU.

Gil Dobie
August 26th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I'm just surprised not to see any discussion on this game - the MVC has some odd games this week (Indiana State at Penn State, Missouri State at Arkansas), but this looks to be a great game for us voters to figure out how the Salukis are going to do this year, and give us an idea of SEMO and the OVC overall.

The MVC doesn't have football, but the MVFC does. ;)

It should be a game on the radar as SIU is a yearly contender in the MVFC, and SEMO was in the playoff last year.

underdawg
August 26th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Anyone interested in seeing the game free, it's on www.KFVS12.com Saturday night (sept. 3), Kick-ff at 6 pm. enjoy.

Squealofthepig
August 26th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Anyone interested in seeing the game free, it's on www.KFVS12.com Saturday night (sept. 3), Kick-ff at 6 pm. enjoy.

Awesome, thanks!

eiu1999
August 26th, 2011, 12:26 PM

Cool

Twentysix
August 26th, 2011, 05:17 PM
If I wasn't gonna be in the dome watching a game, I would totally partake, assuming the SUU SDSU game isnt the same time aswell.

Redhawk2010
August 26th, 2011, 11:57 PM
If I wasn't gonna be in the dome watching a game, I would totally partake, assuming the SUU SDSU game isnt the same time aswell.

If you want to see it later, it will be archived after the game. KFVS12 does a GREAT job with this broadcast. In fact, I think they did a much better job last year than the NCAA webcast in the playoffs...

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 27th, 2011, 10:08 AM
SIU will be much improved this year. Their defense could possibly be the best in the Valley.

SIU wins going away: 38-14

Houndawg
August 27th, 2011, 11:19 AM
SIU will be much improved this year. Their defense could possibly be the best in the Valley.

SIU wins going away: 38-14

Their D was the best in the Valley last year and is already better this year. Unfortunately most of the league will be much improved too.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 27th, 2011, 03:25 PM
I just think it's hard to guage SEMO for me, because it was such a dramatic, worst-to-first season last year (and great for them!). I thought they represented the OVC very well: a tough place to go to your first playoff game - halfway across the country to the eventual national champion.
For me, they almost HAVE to be down a bit this year simply due to all of the other players lost. Didn't they lose 3 starters on O-line, top RB in the league and several Defensive stars?
It's just hard to really pick them in the OVC higher than 4th or 5th in what I think will be a very tough OVC race this year...
I will pull for SEMO but, pick SIU.

Not discounting the strength of our team or the home-field advantage, but it wasn't that tough. They only had to go halfway across the country, and given they were going from East to West, they were playing the game later in the day which is generally easier. Much harder for a team to go all the way across the country from the West to East, and play 3 hours earlier in the day than they're used to. EWU did that against eventual (3-time) national champion App State in 2007, and we only lost by 3.

With that said, this looks like a good matchup, and I'm curious to see how both teams fare. SIU because they should be a contender in the MVFC once again, and SEMO to see if they can keep up the success they started last year.