PDA

View Full Version : Erk Russell is back

EagleCrusade
April 2nd, 2006, 10:50 PM
Seems that Georgia Southern's patriarch has returned. This should be a red flag to all Eagle opponents. Things are going well up in Statesboro.

He has been attending some spring practices.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/0402gasouthern.html

youwouldno
April 3rd, 2006, 02:09 AM
Is he going to play quarterback? Good to see him back in the fold for GSU, just as a I-AA/SoCon fan, but it's not a W-L thing, at least not in the short run.

catamount man
April 3rd, 2006, 05:43 PM
This should be a red flag to all Eagle opponents. Things are going well up in Statesboro.

He has been attending some spring practices.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/0402gasouthern.html

Well blow me down! Erk attended a practice. Hell, we other SoCon teams might as well turn the equipment in now. No need to play the games!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

ButlerGSU
April 3rd, 2006, 06:25 PM
Well blow me down! Erk attended a practice. Hell, we other SoCon teams might as well turn the equipment in now. No need to play the games!

We've been trying to tell WCU that for years... xlolx

EagleCrusade
April 3rd, 2006, 06:47 PM

It looks as if from that sig pic that your fans feel the same. :D

eagleskins
April 4th, 2006, 12:29 AM
We've been trying to tell WCU that for years... xlolx

And they always seem to listen. Has WCU ever beat GSU?

April 4th, 2006, 01:19 AM
...Has WCU ever beat GSU?1994

ButlerGSU
April 4th, 2006, 09:59 AM

Thanks Ralph, a lot of us can't remember that far back.

Kill'em
April 4th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Believe it or not, this is significant. Erk has a presence that inspires people and this will, if nothing else, create even more anticipation for the upcoming season.

walliver
April 4th, 2006, 09:37 PM
After each practice, he walks across Eagle Creek and then turns it into wine.:D :smiley_wi :D

It's good that Erk is welcomed back, it's always bad when a program's patriarch has a falling out with his "child".

eaglesrthe1
April 4th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Is he going to play quarterback? Good to see him back in the fold for GSU, just as a I-AA/SoCon fan, but it's not a W-L thing, at least not in the short run.

From the article:
With the exception of Herschel Walker, there might be no football name that resonates stronger throughout the state.

Don't think for a minute that this can't translate to a W/L thing.
From $$$, to recruits, to the health of the program in general, Erk means more than you know.

catamount man
April 4th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Glad we can take it all in stride. That picture, I believe, is from the 1999 season, when at 3-8, EVERYBODY stayed away. I do like the scenery though. Believe me, our facilities are a WHOLE lot better now. I'll miss the Eagles-Catamounts this year, as I have to be in a wedding that day. UGH!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

OL FU
April 5th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Glad Erk is back. It is a very good thing for GSU and its fans. :nod:

and now for the obligatory smart ass remark. :eek:

Does this mean that he has grown out of his second child hood:D