PDA

View Full Version : UNH @ Toledo Roll Call

PantherRob82
August 24th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Who's going? Wife and I just bought our tickets and got our hotel for Thursday night. Looking forward to seeing the UNH crew and a new stadium. Trying to lock down tickets and hotel 2 days later in Knoxville for TN vs. Montana!

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 24th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Very interested in this game. Toledo returns 19 starters and are the preseason favorites in the MAC. The Glass Bowl is a pretty cool stadium and offers a legit FBS enviroment. The UT campus is also very nice.

UNHWILDCATS05
August 25th, 2011, 08:39 AM
UNH_Alum_In_CT, yorkcountyUNHfan and myself are going... Our group will be in Lot 25... Come find us. It would be good to see you again!

Wildcat80
August 25th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Who's going? Wife and I just bought our tickets and got our hotel for Thursday night. Looking forward to seeing the UNH crew and a new stadium. Trying to lock down tickets and hotel 2 days later in Knoxville for TN vs. Montana!

Very cool PantherRob!!! After we beat Toledo we'll be cheering the Grizz on!

yorkcountyUNHfan
August 25th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Bring your drinking shoes Rob

PantherRob82
August 25th, 2011, 11:29 AM
UNH_Alum_In_CT, yorkcountyUNHfan and myself are going... Our group will be in Lot 25... Come find us. It would be good to see you again!

Sounds good. We got some tickets, food vouchers, and parking passes real cheap. Not sure where our parking passes are, but I've been in touch with Jim and we will meet up with you when we get there.

yorkcountyUNHfan
August 25th, 2011, 11:30 AM

No Ox?xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

PantherRob82
August 25th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Bring your drinking shoes Rob

I can't find the drinking category on the Nike site. :)

I might bring some special stuff to share with you guys.

Tribe93
August 25th, 2011, 01:24 PM
You guys act like you've beaten a FBS team before. :D

yorkcountyUNHfan
August 25th, 2011, 01:30 PM
You guys act like you've beaten a FBS team before. :D

Welcome Tribe93

yorkcountyUNHfan
August 25th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I can't find the drinking category on the Nike site. :)

I might bring some special stuff to share with you guys.

I’m intrigued, yet mildly apprehensive

PantherRob82
August 25th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I’m intrigued, yet mildly apprehensive

Bourbon barrel aged Russian Imperial Stout. Thoughts? It's a little heavier than Sam Adams. :)

Also, local distillery just ran off a special batch of wheat....whiskey? Not cheap, but tempting to grab a bottle for the weekend.

UNHWILDCATS05
August 26th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Bourbon barrel aged Russian Imperial Stout. Thoughts? It's a little heavier than Sam Adams. :)

Also, local distillery just ran off a special batch of wheat....whiskey? Not cheap, but tempting to grab a bottle for the weekend.

... I'm in

PantherRob82
August 26th, 2011, 10:26 AM
We got some parking passes, not sure what lot they are for, or how any of that works at Toledo. We got a pack of 4 tickets, 4 food vouchers worth $4 each and 4 parking passes. Only need two tickets. Waiting for the stuff to get here.

UNHFan
August 27th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Debating this one... last year I jumped in the car and drove to Pittsburgh.. Im getting the itch as it draws near!

PantherRob82
August 27th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Debating this one... last year I jumped in the car and drove to Pittsburgh.. Im getting the itch as it draws near!

Do it!

yorkcountyUNHfan
August 27th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Do it!

what he said

UNHWILDCATS05
August 27th, 2011, 09:12 PM
You won't do it... <reverse psychology>

PantherRob82
August 29th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Has anyone ever been to the Glass Bowl before? Looks like a pretty decent parking layout.

PantherRob82
August 29th, 2011, 01:07 PM
If anyone needs tickets, I have two that I will sell WELL BELOW FACE. Can't wait for this one. Hope for another UNI-UNH match-up, but in the meantime, I get to catch up with some old friends. This is what AGS is all about. So pumped.

UNHFan
August 31st, 2011, 07:26 PM
Feel horrible I can't pull this off Pitt.. Rutgers I always have. ARMY!!! Guys please text me 603 231 8400 the fun PLEASE!!! Sorry I am a small biz owner and thank god I can't do this... biz has sucked! So please if you can find it in your hearts please text me good times.. I am hosting a great party now at my house though :)

yorkcountyUNHfan
August 31st, 2011, 07:43 PM
Feel horrible I can't pull this off Pitt.. Rutgers I always have. ARMY!!! Guys please text me 603 231 8400 the fun PLEASE!!! Sorry I am a small biz owner and thank god I can't do this... biz has sucked! So please if you can find it in your hearts please text me good times.. I am hosting a great party now at my house though :)

I'm on it

dystopiamembrane
August 31st, 2011, 10:16 PM
This reads as if written by a madman or a Nigerian prince.

OxSoxUNH05
September 1st, 2011, 08:11 AM
No Ox?xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx
So I've become a joke? See you later this year

Uncle Buck
September 1st, 2011, 08:53 AM
I'll be there in spirit watching on ESPN 3! I miss my Dutchmen but thank God it's football season again!

UNHFan
September 1st, 2011, 09:51 AM
This reads as if written by a madman or a Nigerian prince.

Bawoni (Nigerian)

Here is a better version not typed from my iPhone

I feel horrible I can't pull off the trip to Cleveland. I went to Pitt, Army,Rutgers so sad I am going to miss this one Somebody who is going please text me pics from the game 603 231 8400. Sorry I am a small biz owner and thank god I am busy and can't do this trip ... biz has sucked! So please if you can find it in your hearts please me good times.. I am hosting a great party now at my house though Cant wait GO CATS!!
oh dah-boh (Nigerian)

UNHFan
September 1st, 2011, 09:52 AM
I'm on it

Thanks you da man!

OxSoxUNH05
September 1st, 2011, 05:20 PM
xrolleyesx Man I hope UNH starts Decker xrolleyesx

Had to claim the first "Play Decker" post of this year

R3TRO
September 1st, 2011, 05:29 PM
The game doesn't appear to be on the list of the ESPN3 games anymore!?!?

OxSoxUNH05
September 1st, 2011, 05:31 PM
Try refreshing or clicking in the various tabs that say live, upcoming etc. I saw your post and didn't see it and then clicked around and found it again.

WrenFGun
September 1st, 2011, 05:51 PM
IT IS DECKER TIME. DECKERDECKERDECKERDECKERDECKERDECKERDECKERDECKERDE CKER. FINALLY DECKER TIME.

dwtime
September 1st, 2011, 05:57 PM
Go Cats!

dwtime
September 1st, 2011, 06:00 PM
Feed is on for me...........

WrenFGun
September 1st, 2011, 06:10 PM
Ugh, absurd play on 2nd an 10 by UNH for a pretty significant loss; will have to punt. Not a bad first drive, should result in tough field position...hopefully.

dwtime
September 1st, 2011, 06:13 PM
Cmon cats u can't miss that tackle

dwtime
September 1st, 2011, 06:25 PM
Again missed tackles nothing special you have to tackle

dwtime
September 1st, 2011, 06:27 PM
3-0 Toledo

WrenFGun
September 1st, 2011, 06:27 PM
Poor Tackling, but nice hold inside the 10. Toledo settles for a FG, 3-0, late in first. Need to get the O going. Lets go Deckman.

OxSoxUNH05
September 1st, 2011, 06:28 PM
Besides the missed tackles D doesn't look too bad. In Fact D-Line has gotten good pressure at times

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2011, 06:28 PM
UNH got lucky, the Toledo WR should have caught that for a TD.

Mattymc727
September 1st, 2011, 06:31 PM
uh oh

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2011, 06:35 PM
UNH better things together or they'll be in serious trouble.

OxSoxUNH05
September 1st, 2011, 06:38 PM
Flag? Homer CALL. We hit them too hard ;)

Mattymc727
You have got to be kidding me

dwtime
LOL hometown call uh uh ain't gonna let that nice little team from NH score.

Mattymc727
September 1st, 2011, 06:39 PM
worst call in history

WrenFGun
September 1st, 2011, 06:41 PM
This is getting out of hand rapidly..

Mattymc727
September 1st, 2011, 06:41 PM
now the wheels come off

WrenFGun
September 1st, 2011, 06:42 PM
...now this is getting out of hand. 17-0 Toledo.

Probably should be 10-7..

dwtime
September 1st, 2011, 06:42 PM
are you kidding talk about a block in the back and ignored bu=y the refs we aren't playing well beut we are getting jobbed by the stripes

Mattymc727
September 1st, 2011, 06:56 PM
just killing ourselves

WrenFGun
September 1st, 2011, 06:57 PM
Wow. Unacceptable. 3 Critical TO's now. This may be a blowout at this rate.

R3TRO
September 1st, 2011, 06:59 PM
If UNH doesn't turn the ball over 3 times and doesn't get that penalty.. this is a totally different game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2011, 07:00 PM
UNH is getting completely blown off the ball.

Mattymc727
September 1st, 2011, 07:01 PM
Well im done watching this atrocity. Looks like we have a lot of work do to if we want to be playoff contenders. We also look very poorly conditioned

R3TRO
Gettin' ugly..

OxSoxUNH05
Take our lumps and go home.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2011, 07:22 PM
Decker played very well during that UNH scoring drive.

UNH goes for two for some reason and gets it!

UT 27-8 under a minute left in the first half i believe.

WrenFGun
September 1st, 2011, 07:22 PM
TD and 2 Pt Conversion by UNH on a surgical drive..we're a turnover away from this game being interesting. 27-8, Toledo.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2011, 07:29 PM
Bad defense by UNH at the end of the half to give up that FG

WrenFGun
September 1st, 2011, 07:31 PM
Bad defense by UNH at the end of the half to give up that FG

Has nothing to do with bad defense; has to do with a moronic coaching decision to squib to our own 45 with :21 to go. Could've been a bit worse than 30-8, but need a stop to start the second. Offense was pretty good in the 2nd quarter. Hopefully we can cut it to two scores by the end of the third.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2011, 07:57 PM
TD Rockets to start the second half!

37-8 Rockets, 12:08 3Q

R3TRO
September 1st, 2011, 08:14 PM
As bad as the score is... I see a lot of positives. I'm probably the only one. If they don't turn the ball over so much in the early going. Completely different game. But we are getting destroyed because of it.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 1st, 2011, 08:17 PM
As bad as the score is... I see a lot of positives. I'm probably the only one. If they don't turn the ball over so much in the early going. Completely different game. But we are getting destroyed because of it.

Villanova has 5 turnovers against Temple and is getting smacked around. I think the CAA fans seriously underestimate the quality of the better MAC teams.

Wildcat80
September 1st, 2011, 08:22 PM

uhhh...maybe.....we are getting manhandled on both lines.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 1st, 2011, 08:26 PM
Villanova has 5 turnovers against Temple and is getting smacked around. I think the CAA fans seriously underestimate the quality of the better MAC teams.

Maybe a little bit, but 'Nova this year is not the 'Nova of last year or the year before. Still, I was predicting a close game vs Temple and UNH to beat Toledo. We'll have to wait for the season to get underway to see if these games are the result of some great MAC teams or CAA teams going into rebuilding years.

jmufan
September 1st, 2011, 08:31 PM
I don't think any CAA fan underestimated either of the MAC teams. Nova isn't going to be as good as they were last year and UNH has had a bad night. Both teams had multiple turnovers that created points for the other team. Seems like tonight is the night of the blowouts, UNLV is getting creamed by Wisconsin by 31 points.

WrenFGun
September 1st, 2011, 08:33 PM

Blaming this loss on turnovers is a bit tough...the defensive tackles have been frankly awful, and the secondary is as bad as I feared today. Toledo running the ball occasionally is the only reason this game isn't like, 70-15.

Tribe4SF
September 1st, 2011, 09:33 PM
Agree with Wren. UNH defense looked very suspect.

Uncle Buck
September 2nd, 2011, 09:27 AM
I know it's been said, but yeah, the turnovers put UNH in a big hole not only on the scoreboard but momentum as well. Some of the turnovers were just plain old not protecting the ball. I think what stood out the most to me was the speed of a couple of the Toledo guys that was just too much. The times they ran it seemed like they got the corner very easy and the line just wore down the front seven of UNH.

In the end though, you just have to hope everyone came out healthy and you get ready for your next tilt.

NHwildEcat
September 2nd, 2011, 10:08 AM
While I don't expect UNH to go out an beat FBS teams every year...it is nice to at least play a close and tight game. This game has me worried. I am sure I thought less of Toledo...but its hard not to when they split QB duties...I hate that.

But what worries me most is the defense...secondary looked horrible and the DL was poor last night. Maybe its just a matter of Toledo having a superior line which led the way for their formidable run game, I don't know. Also, you are never going to win a game when you give up 5 turnovers on the road...just not going to happen...they need to work on keeping the ball!

Next Saturday will be a much different opponent in Lehigh, and hopefully we will see a different team and result. But they way the boys played last night and the mistakes by coaching, if that were to hapen next weekend we very well could end up 0-2. Gotta clean it up!

UNH72Plus
September 2nd, 2011, 10:42 AM
I agree wih most of replies above and am concerned about the D in general, although Matt Evans came through with 14 tackles. There were a couple of positives. It looks like we finally have a punter, McArthur averaged 47 yards on his four attempts, and Peters looked great on the kick-off returns, averaging 29.6 yards per kick (with he 98-yarder called back!). It was also nice to see Decker taking passes that were open to him instead of trying the long bombs to nowhere.

Next week should give us an idea how the rest of the season will go.

UNHFan
September 2nd, 2011, 02:06 PM
Still very depressed about that showing.. Decker was fantastic in my opinion Manny Asam in my opinion needs his you know what reeeeeemed! He stands out there like he is waiting for a bus! That split second difference of not being in a set/ready position is what got us burned a few times. The above post is right next week we will know what this team is... I am going to drive down to that game I think... I need a UNH road fix :) And cheers to Holy Cross for a putting a great showing against FBS bound Umass & CBS Sports for covering it and doing a FANTASTIC! job

NHwildEcat
September 2nd, 2011, 02:09 PM
Still very depressed about that showing.. Decker was fantastic in my opinion Manny Asam in my opinion needs his you know what reeeeeemed! He stands out there like he is waiting for a bus! That split second difference of not being in a set/ready position is what got us burned a few times. The above post is right next week we will know what this team is... I am going to drive down to that game I think... I need a UNH road fix :) And cheers to Holy Cross for a putting a great showing against FBS bound Umass & CBS Sports for covering it and doing a FANTASTIC! job

See ya next Saturday then!

PantherRob82
September 2nd, 2011, 07:07 PM
I think it's hard to put so much blame on the defense. They were put in terrible positions and there was no way they could hang in.

If UNH hadn't made some big mistakes early I think the game would have gone a lot differently. The TD called back and the INT on the WR getting hit were just as much flukes as they were mistakes.

I'm just as impressed with UNH as I always have been. They young defense looked disciplined early, but once Toledo got up a few scores, they could do things a lot differently than in a game they were still trying to win.

If you didn't watch, ignore the score. If you're still really down on UNH, you're mistaken. :)