PDA

View Full Version : NEW GSU caps

The Cats
August 23rd, 2011, 08:23 PM
Get them quick while they last, I'm sure the demand will be high !!!!!

http://www.kaptainklak.com/gfx/gallery/WTF.jpg xbowx xbowx xbowx

eaglewraith
August 23rd, 2011, 08:59 PM
Yea thanks for stealing my pic asshat

Skjellyfetti
August 23rd, 2011, 09:03 PM
asshat

pretty good description.

eaglewraith
August 23rd, 2011, 09:10 PM
I shake my head at the University Store a lot of the time. They order really strange colors (there's a maroon Under Armour polo in the store, wtf??) and they seem to go for the cheaper shirts instead of bringing more Nike and UA stuff in. Everything I've got from there that's Nike or UA I still have, even 4-5 years later. Plenty of alumni are willing to drop the money on the stuff. Nike T-shirts are not that much and they last so much longer.

I swear the people running that place are morons.

jweaver
August 23rd, 2011, 09:45 PM
Funny thing is that it appears to be missing the U, but that is another discussion altogether...

clenz
August 24th, 2011, 12:55 AM
I shake my head at the University Store a lot of the time. They order really strange colors (there's a maroon Under Armour polo in the store, wtf??) and they seem to go for the cheaper shirts instead of bringing more Nike and UA stuff in. Everything I've got from there that's Nike or UA I still have, even 4-5 years later. Plenty of alumni are willing to drop the money on the stuff. Nike T-shirts are not that much and they last so much longer.

I swear the people running that place are morons.
It's not just Georgia Southern with that problem.

Nike, Adidas, Under Armor, etc... all charge much much more (and it shows in their retail pricing) to get shirts in. Popular designs fade in and out of "hip" so fast that it isn't worth paying Nike or Under Armor to do anything outside of the basic logo stuff. Those companies also have massive initial order quantities, more than most university book stores need/can handle.

When it comes to color, every school has that problem. I will never wear a UNI shirt that isn't purple or yellow (white, black, and grey included I guess). However, I see pink (which I understand to an extent), red, dark blue, light blue, brown, green and maroon UNI shirts around the Cedar Valley area. Who the **** thinks it's a good idea to get a UNI shirt in Southern Illinois colors, or in Drake colors, or Creighton Colors...or ****ing brown?

I'll also never wear a Michigan shirt that isn't navy or maize (I will never wear a black Michigan shirt...some white and grey I guess if they feature a lot of navy and maize.). Thankfully Michigan's fan base, for the most part, feels the same way and those funky colors don't show up as much.

PaladinFan
August 24th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Guess GSU fans can nip it about a team that wears purple, yeah?

appfan2008
August 24th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Purple?

That is not right!

MR. CHICKEN
August 24th, 2011, 07:30 AM
16010............PURPLE?..............AN' AH SPENT....UH LOTTA TIME......ADJUSTIN' MAH SET.........:(....BRAWK!

GA St. MBB Fan
August 24th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Funny thing is that it appears to be missing the U, but that is another discussion altogether...

Yep...that was the first thing I noticed too.

eaglemachine
August 24th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Yep...that was the first thing I noticed too.

1-800-GSU-WINS does not connect you to Ga State...just saying :)

appfan2008
August 24th, 2011, 09:13 AM
1-800-GSU-WINS does not connect you to Ga State...just saying :)

that is probably due to the last four letters!

Eaglesrus
August 24th, 2011, 09:26 AM

So that's two things wrong with that hat, what else?

813Jag
August 24th, 2011, 09:27 AM

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/rimshot.jpg

Side Judge
August 24th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Watch the smack in the discussion board gents...

Back on topic - gotta hand it to GS(U), those are some fine looking ballcaps for the ladies. When are they stocking the men's caps?

OL FU
August 24th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Get them quick while they last, I'm sure the demand will be high !!!!!

http://www.kaptainklak.com/gfx/gallery/WTF.jpg xbowx xbowx xbowx

That God that is Catamount Purplexnodx

eagle07
August 24th, 2011, 03:09 PM
This will go great with my GRIMACE costume!!!!!

http://cdn.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/grimace.jpg

ButlerGSU
August 28th, 2011, 11:27 AM

Ha! Yeah, what's GA State's record vs. NAIA teams?

ChooChoo
August 28th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Ha! Yeah, what's GA State's record vs. NAIA teams?

Why the hate? We aren't the ones selling those hats.

Tribe93
August 28th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I'm not sure why, but teams (college & pro) like so sell clothing with colors that have nothing to do with the team. Is it because they think it's "fresh-n-new?" Terrible. Furman and GSU fans are forever linked by the purple hats. That's cute.

alvinkayak6
August 28th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I doubt they did any research into campus demographics when they launched the purple hat. How much you want to bet those cubbieholes are still completely full in 6 months?