PDA

View Full Version : Revising the 2011 AGS Poll

AGSPoll
August 23rd, 2011, 08:28 AM
Okay, AGS Poll Voters below is the preseason Poll as it was back in May.

Would your rankings be the same now? Would you like to make some tweaks since we have all digested news from football camps ie, injuries, non qualifiers etc. etc. The AGS Poll will hold a Pre Season revision vote this weekend.

With our new voting set-up and popularity and with many new voters signing on to participate, like a football team we want too practice before the season starts. It's our hope this should help us all, work out any bugs with casting votes, signing in issues, etc etc.

The Revised Pre-season poll voting will open on Friday Noon EST and run until Monday Noon EST. Results will be announced soon after the poll closes Monday.

Thanks for your continued support AGS Voters and welcome aboard new voting members. Thank you all for your cotibutions and commitment to your AGS poll!xthumbsupx

Your 2011 Poll Committee members are:

Gil Dobie
Cocky
Dane96
813jag
mvemjsunpx
WileECoyote06
GreatAppSt (AGSPoll)

With TexasTerror and Citdog serving as alternates.

Register Here, to become a voting member of the 2011 edition AGS poll. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dE1vTDlxNExReVYyTHdBQ0JIcXRjRFE6MQ#gid=0)
A voting link will be provided this Friday.

Poll committee members please check in, asap. TY

1 Eastern Washington Eagles 1182 (35)
2 Georgia Southern Eagles 1088 (6)
3 William & Mary Tribe 1081 (4)
4 Appalachian State Mountaineers 1059 (3)
5 Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens 978
6 Montana State Bobcats 884
7 Wofford Terriers 830
8 North Dakota State Bison 749
9 Northern Iowa Panthers 731
10 New Hampshire Wildcats 703
11 Jacksonville State Gamecocks 633
12 Montana Grizzlies 526
13 Villanova Wildcats 513
14 Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks 496
15 Lehigh Mountain Hawks 429
16 Richmond Spiders 375
17 James Madison Dukes 365
18 Chattanooga Mocs 363
19 Liberty Flames 309
20 Cal Poly Mustangs 244
21 South Carolina State Bulldogs 230
22 Southeast Missouri State Redhawks 188
23 Southern Illinois Salukis 187
24 Central Arkansas Bears 163
25 Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 127

Other Receiving Votes:

McNeese State Cowboys 125, Pennsylvania Quakers 114, Western Illinois Leathernecks 100, Southern Utah Thunderbirds 98, Indiana State Sycamores 60, Eastern Kentucky Colonels 57, Old Dominion Monarchs 47, Florida A&M Rattlers 45, Harvard Crimson 44, South Dakota State Jackrabbits 41, Furman Paladins 33, Robert Morris Colonials 27, Jacksonville Dolphins 26, Murray State Racers 22, Weber State Wildcats 19, Elon Phoenix 19

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the current list of voters registered as of yesterday/this morning. Some of you guys have signed up twice or more. Not a big deal, but if you get a confirmtion email you are good to go so there is no need to go hit "submit" agoin. Be patient and give the confirmation about 15 minutes to come in because it's only set to go on that interval.

If you have not gotten a confirmation then check your spam folder and make sure it isn't in there. If it isn't in there you probably put the wrong email in and I will be pming you to check on why it's different from your profile email address.

The list so far:

401ks
813jag
89Hen
andy7171
Anovafan
appattk
appfan2008
Appguy
asknoquarter21
ASUMountaineer
B&G
bigcasu
bincitysioux
Bison_Kent
bjtheflamesfan
blazrdog#1
blueandwhitefightfight
bluehenbillk
BlueHenSinfonian
Blurattler
bojeta
bonarae
breezy
bullseye44
chattownmocs
citdog
clenz
Cmitty
Cocky
CrazyCat
crusader11
cwboyfan
da_Bison
Dane96
Dane96
Dane96
darell1976
ddmann
DJKyR0
DOME
downbythebeach
drpnut
Eagle_77
Eagle16
elonfirefighter
elonfirefighter
FCS Go!
Fear the Bird
footballer23
FTG06'
GeauxLions94
Gil Dobie
GlassOnion
Go Lehigh TU Owl
GoAgs72
GoBlueHens83
GreatAppSt
Green Cookie Monster
Gringer1
Grizo406
Grizzmark
GSU Eagle
gsuhooligan
HailSzczur
Hambone
HensRock
HensRock
horseshoe app
humble steward
iceman4221
Ivytalk
Jacked_Rabbit
JaxStateDSM93
jhanel
jhanel
JMU2K_DukeDawg
jmufan999
JMUNJ08
JSU02
jsubison
kalm
kdinva
KNUTS
LeadBolt
Lehigh Football Nation
Lehigh Football Nation
Libertine
m_olslund - NDSU
MacThor
mcneese75
Milktruck74
molly
MR. CHICKEN
msupokes1
Mvemjsunpx
ngineer
NHwildEcat
OB55
OhioHen
OhioHen
Old Grad
OldApp79
Pard4Life
paward
phoenixphanatic21
pleahy
polsongrizz
putter
rabidrabbit
RattlerFan70
Red & Black
redspider
Redwyn
Redwyn
RichH2
ridgerock
Rob Iola
Saint3333
Screamin_Eagle174
SF State Gaters
sikolec
skjellyfetti
slostang
smallcollegefbfan
Sonuvahenx2
SpeedkingATL
squealofthepig
ST_Lawson
superman7515
T-Dog
TBIRDSFN10
techstate
TexasTerror
THE DANIMAL
The Eagle's Cliff
theasushow
TheDancinMonarch
TheRevSFA
Travelinman67
Tribal
Tribe4SF
tribefan40
TTUEagles
twentysix
Twentysix
UNH_Alum_In_CT
urmite
ursus arctos horribilis
VT Wildcat Fan53
westcoastaggie
WileECoyote06
wmmii
wrenfgun
X-Factor

appfan2008
August 23rd, 2011, 09:09 AM
please confirm that i am registered as i did it just yesterday and have thoroughly enjoyed it in years past and would hate to miss out...

darell1976
August 23rd, 2011, 09:38 AM
Do we have to vote if we want to leave the poll as is??

TheRevSFA
August 23rd, 2011, 09:50 AM
Hooray this is my first year doing this.

bluehenbillk
August 23rd, 2011, 10:02 AM
Like every preseason, it's hard to pick out under-rated teams but I could ratle off a decent list of teams I think are rated too high in that poll.

TheRevSFA
August 23rd, 2011, 10:07 AM
I would put SFA at number 2.....0.

WileECoyote06
August 23rd, 2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks for letting me in for another year. I enjoy participating.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2011, 11:56 AM
please confirm that i am registered as i did it just yesterday and have thoroughly enjoyed it in years past and would hate to miss out...

You should have received a confirmation email? Did that not happen? I will post the voter list as of today so you can all see if you are on it or not but I'm pretty sure I saw your name on there.

TheRevSFA
August 23rd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Actually I didn't get a confirmation email

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2011, 12:25 PM
I added the list of names to agspoll's original post.

THE DANIMAL
August 23rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
Wish there wasn't a number of posts rule to vote. I'm too lazy to post on here but I read the different topics here on a daily basis! :(xbawlingx

StorminASU
August 23rd, 2011, 12:55 PM
Wish there wasn't a number of posts rule to vote. I'm too lazy to post on here but I read the different topics here on a daily basis! :(xbawlingx

Do what Citdog does and just post a lot of stuff that no one really cares about.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2011, 01:04 PM

Go sign up because you've been here more than a year and may get a pass with the poll committee. There are others that have not made the 100 post count thing that have been given a pass before so it's a 50/50 shot.

You do have an opinion on FCS stuff so just share it and that's all it takes to get a few posts under your belt. People are gonna both agree with it and disagree with it so don't be afraid to share it.

citdog
August 23rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
Do what Citdog does and just post a lot of stuff that no one really cares about.

I've been doing that for almost a decade here now. It's a solid plan.

ElonFirefighter
August 23rd, 2011, 02:16 PM
I know im twice as important as anyone on here, but i guess i better point out my name is on there twice. AApparently i registered 2 times

appfan2008
August 23rd, 2011, 02:20 PM
on the list now!

HensRock
August 23rd, 2011, 02:24 PM
OOps. I just re-registered because I wasn't sure if I was on there.
I hope I don't show up twice because I'm only half as important as elonFireFighter.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2011, 02:27 PM
I know im twice as important as anyone on here, but i guess i better point out my name is on there twice. AApparently i registered 2 times
You did. I just wanted to leave a couple on there because I got sick of sorting and thought maybe some of you would see that hitting the submit once will do the trick. I'll pull the duplicates when I verify them.

Anybody that DOES NOT get a confirmation email can just pm me and I'll go see if we have an email problem or something and fix it for ya.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2011, 02:30 PM
OOps. I just re-registered because I wasn't sure if I was on there.
I hope I don't show up twice because I'm only half as important as elonFireFighter.

Are you guys not getting confimation emails?

HensRock
August 23rd, 2011, 02:38 PM
I received email that my registration was received, but no indication whether it was approved or not.
(or if that was a separate email, maybe I just missed it - sorry)

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2011, 02:45 PM
I received email that my registration was received, but no indication whether it was approved or not.
(or if that was a separate email, maybe I just missed it - sorry)

Gotcha. That helps cuz it means you are on the list and if there were any problems with it we will contact you in a pm but it appears the content of the confirmation could be clearer so you know where you stand when you get it?

I'll put that down as something to hone in on for next years registration so thanks for the help.

You are a stalwart HensRock and you are approved.:)

Humble Steward
August 23rd, 2011, 03:04 PM
I just registered. I am excited about voting this year. This will be another great year for FCS football.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2011, 03:20 PM
I just registered. I am excited about voting this year. This will be another great year for FCS football.

Totally agree HS, and very glad to have ya on there!

GeauxLions94
August 23rd, 2011, 03:29 PM
Just registered also. Glad to be back on board

chattownmocs
August 23rd, 2011, 03:41 PM
I know I havent been here a year but I think I should be given a vote. It takes away from the legitimacy if my expert opinion is not included.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2011, 03:45 PM
I know I havent been here a year but I think I should be given a vote. It takes away from the legitimacy if my expert opinion is not included.xlolx

True. I will be an advocate of your canidacy but I'm sure if you are in your vote will be scrutinized.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
Original list edited to show latest information up to 2:30 MST.

4:30 for you EC heatens.

THE DANIMAL
August 23rd, 2011, 04:46 PM
Go sign up because you've been here more than a year and may get a pass with the poll committee. There are others that have not made the 100 post count thing that have been given a pass before so it's a 50/50 shot.

You do have an opinion on FCS stuff so just share it and that's all it takes to get a few posts under your belt. People are gonna both agree with it and disagree with it so don't be afraid to share it.

Thanks for the information and i will definitely try to get some more posts up on this forum.

dgtw
August 23rd, 2011, 05:08 PM
Original list edited to show latest information up to 2:30 MST.

4:30 for you EC heatens.

So you did it at 3:30, Daylight Saving Time?

Jacked_Rabbit
August 23rd, 2011, 06:02 PM
Do we have to vote if we want to leave the poll as is??

Did anyone ever answer this question? I'll probably re-vote anyway, but I was curious about this as well.

yorkcountyUNHfan
August 23rd, 2011, 06:09 PM

PAM thread

Squealofthepig
August 23rd, 2011, 06:44 PM
Just one quick question - do we have a good sampling from all conferences? Looking at the list I can see good numbers from the CAA, SoCon, MVC and BSC (by names and by reputation), but I'm not sure about conferences like, say, the Ivy.

(I bring this up mainly to say, if you're a fan coming from what you view as an under-represented conference, I would encourage you to sign up - it is a lot of fun to comb through all the game notes/threads/box scores on Saturday night/Sundays, and exposes you to a lot more FCS football).

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Just one quick question - do we have a good sampling from all conferences? Looking at the list I can see good numbers from the CAA, SoCon, MVC and BSC (by names and by reputation), but I'm not sure about conferences like, say, the Ivy.

(I bring this up mainly to say, if you're a fan coming from what you view as an under-represented conference, I would encourage you to sign up - it is a lot of fun to comb through all the game notes/threads/box scores on Saturday night/Sundays, and exposes you to a lot more FCS football).

Great post. We can't force involvement from them but if they did get involved it would help their cause.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2011, 07:21 PM
Did anyone ever answer this question? I'll probably re-vote anyway, but I was curious about this as well.

No you do not have to revote. This will be autonomous from the preseason and it is a way for us to get in the groove on something that we haven't done in a couple of months. This is a defferent system (scratch built) than was used in years past and we just want to go through it again to make sure we are streamlined with no issues in the system that need to be corrected.

It won't count against anybody for not voting in this one but I hope as many as can will throw a vote in and help us make sure things are smooth. If you are happy with your original preason vote you could just pull your ranking that was emailed to you and cast antoher ballot of the same choices.

Jacked_Rabbit
August 23rd, 2011, 07:49 PM
Good to know. Thanks for clarifying, Ursus!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 24th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Just updated the list again as of a few minutes ago that who's on the signup sheet.

Pretty decent we are at about 150 voters. Would be cool if we could edge up near 200 so sign up if you have an inclination to vote this year.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 26th, 2011, 10:17 AM
The revision (final test) vote will begin at noon EST. If you want to vote in it today through Monday at noon then hit the registration link in the first post and get on there.

You will still be allowed to register for the regular season vote up until 08-31-2011.

Don't re-register if your name is on the list. Some of you guys have registered 3 or 4 times.xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 26th, 2011, 11:03 AM
The voting link is open.

There is a change from the preseason ballot. Easy check box for you to select the conference your vote is coming from and also the "Most Significant" options.

Just leave those last two with the "--------------------" in the box since there is no gmaes to base this on.

Select "Independent" if you do not have a conference to call your own.

AGSPoll
August 26th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Voting link

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&formkey=dFh0WUUwenZCZVd5a0JRVUV3VDk2d0E6MA#gid=0

Grizzaholic
August 26th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Don't know if this has been said,

Thanks Urpus on getting this going again. I know it takes time and whatnot, but it is a good poll and hopefully participation goes up from here on out.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 26th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Voting link

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&formkey=dFh0WUUwenZCZVd5a0JRVUV3VDk2d0E6MA#gid=0xl olx

Oh yeah.

I figured they'd just hit the link at the bottom of the page and then hit the link in your sig but that is much easier.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Done.

TheRevSFA
August 26th, 2011, 11:18 AM
done..

darell1976
August 26th, 2011, 11:33 AM
done

ursus arctos horribilis
August 26th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Don't know if this has been said,

Thanks Urpus on getting this going again. I know it takes time and whatnot, but it is a good poll and hopefully participation goes up from here on out.

I appreciate it. It was a lot of work and GAS, Tman, KNUTs, & the Poll Committee were also entirely instrumental in getting this to the point is at so a big thanks to those guys from me as well.

Grizzaholic
August 26th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I appreciate it. It was a lot of work and GAS, Tman, KNUTs, & the Poll Committee were also entirely instrumental in getting this to the point is at so a big thanks to those guys from me as well.

Oh ****...KNUT's was involved? This will be an epic fail. You should have used Bandl's committee.

Thanks again folks previously not mentioned

ursus arctos horribilis
August 26th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Oh ****...KNUT's was involved? This will be an epic fail. You should have used Bandl's committee.

He's not on the committee but did help in verifications and so forth that is ongoing.

LeadBolt
August 26th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Updated

Twentysix
August 26th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Updated, my votes definitly changed.

I ranked the conferences according to my top 25 poll. #1 being worth 25 points to the conference and #25 being worth 1 point. Parenthesis contain # of ranked teams.

Conference Rankings top 25 only
1 Colonial Athletic Association 73(5)
2 Southern Conference 67(3)
3 Missouri Valley Football Co 62(5)
4 Big Sky Conference 54(4)
5 (Tie) Ohio Valley Conference 19(1)
5 (Tie) Southland 19(2)
7 Patriot League 15(1)
8 Great West 8(1)
9 Ivy League 5(1)
10 Northeastern Conference 2(1)
11 Mid-Eastern Athletic Con 1(1)

Next year the big sky might be #1 come preseason. So many teams....sheesh.

813Jag
August 26th, 2011, 03:16 PM

bandl is a one man committee. That's pretty much an epic fail xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 26th, 2011, 03:56 PM

How am I doing in that poll? Haven't see it in a while.

Eh, nevermind. Don't want to steer this thread off track.

Grizzaholic
August 26th, 2011, 03:58 PM

I was told that Bandl was only the PUBLIC member of the committee. There were others that had to remain nameless due to their social status.

bojeta
August 26th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Done. Definitely some movement primarily in my pics from 10-25. Key injuries, ineligibility, transfers to/from, and additional info garnered from a variety of sources. Gonna get real interesting next Sat evening!!

redspider
August 28th, 2011, 03:55 PM
So I just submitted my first poll! I thought that the Sports Network poll ranked Villanova too high, still waiting for the season to start to size up their team, and Lehigh too high.

Here is my poll below:

1: Eastern Washington Eagles
2: William & Mary Tribe
3: Appalachian State Mountaineers
4: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
5: Georgia Southern Eagles
6: Northern Iowa Panthers
7: Wofford Terriers
8: Montana State Bobcats
9: North Dakota State Bison
10: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
11: New Hampshire Wildcats
12: Montana Grizzlies
13: James Madison Dukes
14: Richmond Spiders
15: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
16: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
17: Southern Illinois Salukis
18: Chattanooga Mocs
19: McNeese State Cowboys
20: Liberty Flames
21: Villanova Wildcats
22: South Carolina State Bulldogs
23: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
24: Jacksonville Dolphins
25: Central Arkansas Bears

redspider

Twentysix
August 28th, 2011, 04:43 PM
So I just submitted my first poll! I thought that the Sports Network poll ranked Villanova too high, still waiting for the season to start to size up their team, and Lehigh too high.

Here is my poll below:

I rated your conference power according to preseason picks #1 worth 25 #25 worth 1.

1 CAA 91
2 Socon 71
3 bigSKY 57
4 MVFC 46
5 SL 19
6 OVC 16
7 PL 10
etc.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 28th, 2011, 04:51 PM

Here is my poll below:

2: William & Mary Tribe
3: Appalachian State Mountaineers
4: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
5: Georgia Southern Eagles
6: Northern Iowa Panthers
7: Wofford Terriers
8: Montana State Bobcats
9: North Dakota State Bison
10: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
11: New Hampshire Wildcats
12: Montana Grizzlies
13: James Madison Dukes
14: Richmond Spiders
15: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
16: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
17: Southern Illinois Salukis
18: Chattanooga Mocs
19: McNeese State Cowboys
20: Liberty Flames
21: Villanova Wildcats
22: South Carolina State Bulldogs
23: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
24: Jacksonville Dolphins
25: Central Arkansas Bears

redspider

Looks like a pretty strong ballot spider.xthumbsupx

redspider
August 28th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I rated your conference power according to preseason picks #1 worth 25 #25 worth 1.

1 CAA 91
2 Socon 71
3 bigSKY 57
4 MVFC 46
5 SL 19
6 OVC 16
7 PL 10
etc.

Thanks for doing that interesting process. I think it pretty much matches up to my thought process of conference strength.

bjtheflamesfan
August 28th, 2011, 11:44 PM
my revised poll:

2: Appalachian State Mountaineers
3: Georgia Southern Eagles
4: William & Mary Tribe
5: Montana Grizzlies
6: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
7: Montana State Bobcats
8: Wofford Terriers
9: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
10: Northern Iowa Panthers
11: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
12: South Carolina State Bulldogs
13: Liberty Flames
14: James Madison Dukes
15: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
16: Furman Paladins
17: North Dakota State Bison
18: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
19: Cal Poly Mustangs
20: Southern Illinois Salukis
21: Jacksonville Dolphins
22: Pennsylvania Quakers
23: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks
24: Western Illinois Leathernecks
25: Chattanooga Mocs

Twentysix
August 29th, 2011, 02:07 AM
my revised poll:

2: Appalachian State Mountaineers
3: Georgia Southern Eagles
4: William & Mary Tribe
5: Montana Grizzlies
6: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
7: Montana State Bobcats
8: Wofford Terriers
9: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
10: Northern Iowa Panthers
11: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
12: South Carolina State Bulldogs
13: Liberty Flames
14: James Madison Dukes
15: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
16: Furman Paladins
17: North Dakota State Bison
18: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
19: Cal Poly Mustangs
20: Southern Illinois Salukis
21: Jacksonville Dolphins
22: Pennsylvania Quakers
23: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks
24: Western Illinois Leathernecks
25: Chattanooga Mocs

Is my immediate reaction from 2 seconds of looking at the poll. You realize we took the NC to overtime and lost the game on a questionable call on the 5 yd line on 2nd down right? Incase you arent familiar.

We also retain almost all starters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdRyGV0kJuY&feature=related

Tough call, had it been ruled down on the field that wouldnt have been overturned either, imho.

darell1976
August 29th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Is my immediate reaction from 2 seconds of looking at the poll. You realize we took the NC to overtime and lost the game on a questionable call on the 5 yd line on 2nd down right? Incase you arent familiar.

Tough call, had it been ruled down on the field that wouldnt have been overturned either, imho.

Who cares its a preseason poll.

Grizzaholic
August 29th, 2011, 08:25 AM

LET IT GO.

appfan2008
August 29th, 2011, 08:40 AM
wow this is old news...

bjtheflamesfan
August 29th, 2011, 12:47 PM

http://susansternberg.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/8217-hooked-fish.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
August 29th, 2011, 01:18 PM
http://susansternberg.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/8217-hooked-fish.jpgxlolx

appfan2008
August 29th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Can anyone tell me if my top 25 was accepted?... I got an email confirming its receipt but that is it...