Evangel @ Nicholls State
McMurry @ Stephen F. Austin
Delta State @ Northwestern State
Henderson State @ Central Arkansas
Southeastern Louisiana @ Tulane
Texas College @ Lamar
McNeese State @ Kansas

TT's Predictions and Quick Analysis
Western Illinois @ Sam Houston State - Sam Houston State is the home team going up against a nationally-ranked WIU squad. The Leathernecks do not have a returning QB and I think the Bearkats will want to make something happen infront of their home crowd, which will likely tip the scales. SAM HOUSTON STATE

Evangel @ Nicholls State - Loved the jokes on the other thread about Nicholls playing equal competition in Evangel Christian. The Colonels are going to have a pretty solid season this year and could be a darkhorse. It's a shame their financial situation will likely plague them from earning an at-large berth annually since the SLC is not an easy walk. Evangel will be though. NICHOLLS STATE

McMurry @ Stephen F. Austin - Hal Mumme brings his boys to Stephen F. Austin. This game may take awhile with plenty of passing either way. McMurry is transitioning from Div III to Div II. They do not have the full compliment of Div II guys on the roster and this one would have been even uglier if Jeremy Moses was leading the way. See Texas College. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Delta State @ Northwestern State - Outside of WIU-SHSU, this game is probably the next closest game on the docket. Delta State is not going to be a pushover and if this game was in Cleveland, Miss. - I'd likely favor them, even with the Demons being one of the top picks to win the SLC. It's going to be a mountain to climb for the Statesmen to get a win, but just have got to believe that NORTHWESTERN STATE will pull through by 10.

Henderson State @ Central Arkansas - Central Arkansas gets to battle their old Gulf South Conference rival. Da Bears! CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Southeastern Louisiana @ Tulane - Most years, I would flex my SLC homerism and go with SLU. This year, it is going to be hard to do that because the Lions are down (feel bad, worry that Mike Lucas may be out too) and for the 10th straight year, the Greenies got their best team in ages... allegedly. TULANE

Texas College @ Lamar - Arena Ball is going to be in prime gear for the air it out Cardinals. They may be able to quadruple their rushing touchdowns of a year ago in this one game alone. May do what no other school has done in their season opener in that regard. Texas College can't keep up. LAMAR

McNeese State @ Kansas - Rock Chalk Jayhawk. McNeese is going to be in for a tough one on the road in Lawrence, Kan. Just do not feel that there's much opportunity for the Pokes to pick up this win, but look for them to not get run out of dodge as some other SLC teams have when playing Big 12 competition. Pokes' defense may make this entertaining for awhile. KANSAS

jayhawkdaddy
August 22nd, 2011, 04:23 PM
Sam Houston State
Nicholls State
SF Austin State
NW State
Central Arkansas
Tulane
Lamar
KANSAS

blackfordpu
August 22nd, 2011, 04:41 PM
Western Illinois @ Sam Houston State
Evangel @ Nicholls State
Texas College @ Lamar
McNeese State @ Kansas

Catatonic
August 22nd, 2011, 04:42 PM
Evangel @ Nicholls State
Texas College @ Lamar
McNeese State @ Kansas

I flip flopped on a pick I made in another thread. I am going with Sam Houston State based on Texas Terror's persuasive argument.

I stayed with my pick of Delta State over Northwestern though. Delta is a good team and they will have a game under their belts to work out the kinks.

Otherwise, picks seem pretty obvious, barring upsets.

jhanel
August 22nd, 2011, 05:03 PM

I stayed with my pick of Delta State over Northwestern though. Delta is a good team and they will have a game under their belts to work out the kinks.

picks seem pretty obvious, barring upsets.

xbangx xnottalkingx xflamemadx xpissedx

Catatonic
August 22nd, 2011, 05:10 PM
xbangx xnottalkingx xflamemadx xpissedx

Think how sweet it will be to remind me of my foolishness if Northwestern wins.

GeauxLions94
August 22nd, 2011, 05:51 PM
I'm picking early, so here goes ...

RECORD IN 2011: Who Cares
RECORD IN 2010: Who cares, but it probably wasn't good

Western Illinois @ Sam Houston State - Western Illinois finished second last season in the rugged Missouri Valley, but has lost a lot from a team that went to the playoffs last season and is picked to finish seventh in 2011. Sam Houston State has a solid running game in Tim Flanders and year under head coach Willie Fritz under its belt. Look for the Kats to contend for the Southland title and open the season with an impressive win. SAM HOUSTON STATE

Evangel @ Nicholls State - No, Louisiana high school football fans, Nicholls is not facing Evangel of Shreveport ... but they might get a better contest if they were playing the high-octane Eagles. The Colonels look for good things under second-year coach Charlie Stubbs and with LaQuintin Caston and Jesse Turner running the Colonel offense, Nicholls gets off to a good start. NICHOLLS STATE

McMurry @ Stephen F. Austin - To the folks attending this game ... bring a Snickers' bar because you're going to be there for a while. SFA fans will go home happy in a game that features the spread offense versus Hal Mumme's (the former Valdosta State, Kentucky, Southeastern Louisiana, New Mexico State coach) Air Raid. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Delta State @ Northwestern State - Northwestern State showed great improvements in its second year under BDP and opens with a brutal stretch that includes games against DeltaDeltaDelta (can I helpya, helpya, helpya ... if you were in a Fraternity you know what I mean), LSU and SMU. It looks like a win on paper as it's DI vs. DII, but Delta State is coming off a National Runner-up finish and will contend again in the Gulf South Conference. This game scares me, but will stick with the home team in a close one. NORTHWESTERN STATE

Henderson State @ Central Arkansas - An old rivalry on a new rug in Conway. Will the first song played over the loudspeakers be Jimy Hendrix's "Purple Haze" (or the Barney song???). UCA breaks out its new purple and gray surface and will beat up on its old Gulf South Conference rival. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Southeastern Louisiana @ Tulane - The last three games in this series have been decided by 7, 8 and 6 points. Southeastern officially puts the frustration of the 2010 behind it was it opens the season for the second year against the in-state foe that is "Big Boys" in name only. A lot of new faces on both sides of the ball for the Lions, who return one of the best WR trios in the country in Simmie Yarborough, Brandon Collins and Kory Theodore. Getting them the ball will rest upon the arm of returning veteran Brian Young or Ole Miss transfer Nathan Stanley. Look for another close one again in the refurbished Superdome. My heart says SLU, but my mind goes with the Greenies just because it's still FBS vs. FCS. TULANE

Texas College @ Lamar - Lamar comes out in year two looking to make a splash in the Southland Conference. The high-flying Cards should have no problems with TC before a good crowd in Beaumont. LAMAR

McNeese State @ Kansas - The Cowboys are picked by many to win the Southland Conference title (in what years recently have they not been???) and can make a good start by knocking off the Jayhawks in Lawrence. Look for McNeese State to keep this game close before Kansas pulls away late as it looks to improve in year two under Turner Gill. Rock Chalk Chickenhawk! KANSAS

McNeese75
August 22nd, 2011, 10:59 PM
Western Illinois @ Sam Houston State I will go with Sam but if they stumble here they are going to have it rough in conference.
Evangel @ Nicholls State Colonels should handle business
McMurry @ Stephen F. Austin Should be a couple hundred passes thrown in this one but the Jacks will win handily.
Delta State @ Northwestern State - Delta could be dangerous but Demons better win this one.
Henderson State @ Central Arkansas - Could be a good game, we know all about Henderson cranking up the pressure.
Southeastern Louisiana @ Tulane - The Lions are due but not sure this is the year
Texas College @ Lamar - Cakewalk scrimmage
McNeese State @ Kansas - Heart says Pokes but their big Oline and RB's will probably control this game

LIONFAN07
August 23rd, 2011, 12:06 AM
Evangel @ Nicholls State
Texas College @ Lamar
McNeese State @ Kanas

I hope Sam proves me wrong but they are a somewhat young group with alot of pressure this year to contend. This game will tell us alot about them.

NWST Delta: "closer than the experts think"xcoffeex

SLU has been close in their last three meeting against the Wave in the last 6 years. Why not this year. If you read the New Orleans paper you would think Tulane will contend for the National Title this year. They are really getting better but Ive heard that every year under Toledo. Then they win under 5 games. I think it is close the entire way and this time we finally get the bounce our way at the end.xprayxxprayx

I would love to pick the Cowboys and if it wasn't for NDSU knocking off Kansas last year I would say McNeese would be right there. But Coach Gill wouldn't let that happen again. I will root for the Cowboys in this one. But I think Kansas hangs on in a 10 point game.

crossfire07
August 23rd, 2011, 05:45 AM
Western Illinois @ Sam Houston State W.I. has an offensive line from hell and a running back too!
Evangel @ Nicholls State Colonels Good confidence building game for Nicholls
McMurry @ Stephen F. Austin A lot of passes will get thrown in this game!
Delta State @ Northwestern State Northwestern better win this one because it could be awhile before they win again.
Henderson State @ Central Arkansas Central Ark. will play enough to win and open up the playbook at Tech.
Southeastern Louisiana @ Tulane Tulane has been squeaking by FCS teams long enough.I think it is time.
Texas College @ Lamar LOL
McNeese State @ Kansas If we can slow their running game, I like our chances.

msupokes1
August 23rd, 2011, 07:39 AM
Week One Game Listing
Evangel @ Nicholls State
Texas College @ Lamar
McNeese State @ Kansas

TheRevSFA
August 23rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Week One Game Listing
Evangel @ Nicholls State
Texas College @ Lamar
McNeese State @ Kansas

Atta Boy! McNeese can beat Kansas

FormerPokeCenter
August 23rd, 2011, 09:06 AM
McNeese 27
Kansas 24...

msupokes1
August 23rd, 2011, 09:06 AM
Atta Boy! McNeese can beat Kansas

It is certainly a homer pick but you gotta have faith.

TheRevSFA
August 23rd, 2011, 10:08 AM

Absolutely a homer pick, but Kansas isn't exactly the strongest team in FBS. Now..us beating Baylor on the other hand won't happen.

Catatonic
August 23rd, 2011, 10:15 AM

Kansas lost to North Dakota State last year, so it is not like they are invincible. And you have a very good team. An underdog? Sure, but a win is do able imo.

jhanel
August 23rd, 2011, 11:53 AM

McNeese75
August 23rd, 2011, 01:21 PM

http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af266/hanelj/?action=view&current=RoseNSUCOVER.jpg

OK, who is the red X for? :D

jhanel
August 23rd, 2011, 06:38 PM
Bring on Delta State!!! Fork'em...Demons...Demons...Fork'em...Beat the Hell out of Delta State...GO DEMONS GO!!!

http://vimeo.com/27989529

blackfordpu
August 23rd, 2011, 09:04 PM
Absolutely a homer pick, but Kansas isn't exactly the strongest team in FBS. Now..us beating Baylor on the other hand won't happen.

You beating anyone on the other hand(other than yourself with the other hand) won't happen. :p:)xrotatehx

crossfire07
August 24th, 2011, 12:01 PM
JHanel, that intro was awesome. My pc sound card is optically hooked to the entertainment system and the volume was up a bit too much and the whole room vibrated. ha ha You did good a good job!

TheRevSFA
August 24th, 2011, 12:02 PM
You beating anyone on the other hand(other than yourself with the other hand) won't happen. :p:)xrotatehx

That's cute..don't get too excited about your quote though..I don't want to have to hear about you back in the hospital.

wemissELLERSON
August 24th, 2011, 12:47 PM

It depends on where you think McNeese is compared to last year. Where you put them compared to last season?

With how bad Kansas was last season, they have no where to go but up and improve this season. How much the Jayhawks improve is a different story...

TheRevSFA
August 24th, 2011, 01:34 PM
SFA names Brady Attaway starting QB. I think McMurry will be a good way to get him comfortable

dbackjon
August 24th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Evangel @ Nicholls State
Texas College @ Lamar[/B
]McNeese State @ [B]Kansas

TheRevSFA
August 24th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Week One Game Listing
Western Illinois @ Sam Houston State- I would like to see Sam win, but I think a heartbreaker at Bowers
Evangel @ Nicholls State
Texas College @ Lamar - I really want Texas College to win this
McNeese State @ Kansas

wemissELLERSON
August 24th, 2011, 01:56 PM
From Brent Dougherty (co-hosts 3 Hour Lunch on 104.5 The Zone -Nashville):

Good source tells me former #Vols S Janzen Jackson is headed to McNeese St. to play CB.

crossfire07
August 24th, 2011, 02:01 PM
There was talk about Janzen coming on our board but not so much about him coming to McNeese but more about him coming home to get his life straightened out. Helping a hometown kid in that regard is more important than football especially if it is one of your own.

wemissELLERSON
August 24th, 2011, 02:20 PM
There was talk about Janzen coming on our board but not so much about him coming to McNeese but more about him coming home to get his life straightened out. Helping a hometown kid in that regard is more important than football especially if it is one of your own.

Oh ok thanks. I'll have to do some catching up on this board, as I have only read it sparingly in the past.

DG Cowboy
August 24th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I think where he ends up will depend on why he was kicked off at UT. His dad is DC at Western Kentucky. That may be a better place for him, unless he is bringing baggage his dad really doesn't need to deal with right now.

msupokes1
August 24th, 2011, 04:13 PM
It depends on where you think McNeese is compared to last year. Where you put them compared to last season?

With how bad Kansas was last season, they have no where to go but up and improve this season. How much the Jayhawks improve is a different story...

I think McNeese will be better offensively this year then last but I am not sure about the defensive line and linebacker position. We lost alot of starters last year but we play alot of players every year so the ones stepping up already have a considerable amount of playing time. I have high expectations for this year but then again I have high expectations every year. I think we are still a year away from a really good team. And of course injuries are everything. We have lost our best OL and our third team QB, who I expected to get some playing time. We will see where we are at in 9 days.

FormerPokeCenter
August 24th, 2011, 05:59 PM

Offensively, McNeese is going to be scary good. I look for them to be as good or better than they were in 2009 when they outgunned App State in a trackmeet game up in Boone.

Defensively, I think they're going to be better than they were last year. Will they be dominant enough to get through the SLC unscathed? Who knows...but...I like what the staff has done with putting last year's undersized All-Conference DT out at DE where he can use his speed on the edge.

After milling about following the LSU game talking to some of my buddies on the McNeese staff and a friend on the LSU staff, I headed back to the parking lot behind a couple of LSU's offensive linemen....One of them was talking to his dad about being surprised as hell that he couldn't block the smallest DL he was going to see all year. They had high praise for his athleticism, physicality and speed.

I'm anxious to see what he can do in a position that's more suited to his physical gifts than lining up and slugging it out with OL's who outweigh him by 70 lbs.

The McNeese team you guys saw wasn't the same one that went to LSU. I'm not sure why they played like they did against you guys, but it was a terrible effort on our part. That's not to suggest a different outcome or to take anything away from the way your kids played.

I dont' have a problem getting beat when our kids give the effort they're capable of...

I would have loved to have seen the matchup of your best effort versus our best effort. Now, THAT would have been a great football game...

I'm hoping we can rectify that sort of performance against Kansas...

S

FormerPokeCenter
August 24th, 2011, 06:06 PM
From Brent Dougherty (co-hosts 3 Hour Lunch on 104.5 The Zone -Nashville):

Good source tells me former #Vols S Janzen Jackson is headed to McNeese St. to play CB.

Janzen's dad is former McNeese player and coach Lance Guidry, who you may remember from his memorable motivational speech when he was the interim head coach at Miami of Ohio right before their bowl game last year. The speech kinda went viral on YouTube last year...

He's now the DC at Western Kentucky.

Given Janzen's issues, he needs his father's influence, but more importantly, I think he needs time away from the game to get his life in order and focus on things more important than football...Janzen grew up in a split custody arrangement, from what I understand, and while in his teens, moved to live with his father, where he flourished. Being in Tennessee, without that steadying influence proved to be detrimental.

While McNeee would love to have him and views him as one of our own, I'm not sure that going to McNeese would be in his best interest. Hopefully he and his Dad will get it sorted out.

If he DOES end up at McNeese, most of the coaching staff there are people he knows, trusts and who have his best interest at heart. They won't have any problem treating him as if he actually IS one of their children, because they played and worked with his Dad...

jhanel
August 24th, 2011, 10:42 PM
JHanel, that intro was awesome. My pc sound card is optically hooked to the entertainment system and the volume was up a bit too much and the whole room vibrated. ha ha You did good a good job!

Thank you! It was good fun. Yeah the opening sound rumbles a bit. Played it for the players tonight, on the video board, during their last scrimmage and the defense steped up in a big way. Plus it made the whole stadium rumble. Pretty cool. Im just ready for some football!!!!!!!!

Catatonic
August 25th, 2011, 06:24 AM
xhurrayx
Bring on Delta State!!! Fork'em...Demons...Demons...Fork'em...Beat the Hell out of Delta State...GO DEMONS GO!!!

http://vimeo.com/27989529

xhurrayx

Well done.

Hope the Demons are this pumped up going into the Delta State game.

There is a natural tendency to look ahead to games vs BCS big boys and assume a lowly D2 match up is a cupcake game. If this happens, the Demons will be have their little pitchfork shoved up their rear ends.

jhanel
August 25th, 2011, 06:34 PM
xhurrayx

xhurrayx

Well done.

Hope the Demons are this pumped up going into the Delta State game.

There is a natural tendency to look ahead to games vs BCS big boys and assume a lowly D2 match up is a cupcake game. If this happens, the Demons will be have their little pitchfork shoved up their rear ends.

We better be!

Squealofthepig
August 25th, 2011, 08:45 PM
As a Mizzou grad, I have to pick McNeese over Kansas. Anything that prolongs Jayhawk pain I'm all for. Plus maybe this way we can see McNeese Beat hopping on the boards more/again.

McNeese72
August 26th, 2011, 01:36 PM
As a Mizzou grad, I have to pick McNeese over Kansas. Anything that prolongs Jayhawk pain I'm all for. Plus maybe this way we can see McNeese Beat hopping on the boards more/again.

I think he is too busy in Baton Rouge being LSUBeat right now. All kinds of LSU football news to cover right now. Dumbass LSU football players! xpopcornx

Doc

DG Cowboy
August 26th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I think he is too busy in Baton Rouge being LSUBeat right now. All kinds of LSU football news to cover right now. Dumbass LSU football players! xpopcornx

Doc

McNeese 20-Tulsa 16 1976 with 8 Pokes ineligible (5th year seniors) and 8 suspended (discipline). LSU still has 13 to go.

TexasTerror
August 28th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Only Division I games included...

Western Illinois at Sam Houston State (7:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Western Illinois 69.285; Sam Houston State 66.066
Dunkel Line: Western Illinois by 3

McNeese State at Kansas (7:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: McNeese State 67.631; Kansas 73.088
Dunkel Line: Kansas by 5 1/2
Vegas Line: No Line
Dunkel Pick: N/A

Southeastern Louisiana at Tulane (3:30 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Southeastern Louisiana 51.520; Tulane 72.842
Dunkel Line: Tulane by 21 1/2

http://www.dunkelindex.com/NCAA_Football_GamePairing.asp

katstrapper
August 28th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Week One Game Listing

Western Illinois @ Sam Houston State-- WIU QB is gone. Lost plenty of starters on both sides of ball. Kats get revenge with a stingy defense and a balanced attack.. Sam Houston

Evangel @ Nicholls State-- xlolx Why did Nicholls schedule this game?xconfusedx Nicholls St

McMurry @ Stephen F. Austin.. Hal Mumme still cant coach and he has to go to SFA? Stephen F Austin

Delta State @ Northwestern State.. I smell an upset here... Delta State

Henderson State @ Central Arkansas.. Old conference rivals, Bears to strong... Central Arkansas

Southeastern Louisiana @ Tulane.. Lucas and Toledo will be gone after another subpar season.... Tulane

Texas College @ Lamar.. Anybody really care? Lamar

McNeese State @ Kansas... McNeese fans continue with homer picks. Kansas isnt a powerhouse, but will be good enough to beat McNeese... Kansas

crossfire07
August 28th, 2011, 06:06 PM
TT, Vegas has us +14.5. of course those numbers are for entertainment value only. OF Course! Ha ha

GeauxLions94
August 28th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Southeastern Louisiana at Tulane (3:30 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Southeastern Louisiana 51.520; Tulane 72.842
Dunkel Line: Tulane by 21 1/2

http://www.dunkelindex.com/NCAA_Football_GamePairing.asp

The last three games with Tulane have been decided by 7, 8 and 6 points.

crossfire07
August 28th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Most of the places I have seen is SELA +15

TexasTerror
August 30th, 2011, 06:39 AM
More SLU fans wearing 'green' than Tulane fans? LOL

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/tul/graphics/splash-monday-829.jpg

SF State Gaters
August 30th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Southeastern Louisiana @ Tulane.. 1967 Carmelia Bowl Quarterback for the San Francisco State Gaters will lead the Tulane Green Wave to a resounding victory to open the season 1-0

Western Illinois @ Sam Houston State-- Game of the week for the conference. Sam Houston looks the stronger team.

Evangel @ Nicholls State-- Evangel is a great name! Wonder what their mascot is! Nicholls St

McMurry @ Stephen F. Austin.. everyone loves SFA! They have many names in one name. Stephen F Austin

Delta State @ Northwestern State.. Airline State battle royale. Delta

Henderson State @ Central Arkansas.. fun times. Central

Texas College @ Lamar.. Lamar makes their bid to join the WAC by beating a team that sounds a lot like the two teams they just added.

McNeese State @ Kansas... Kansas

TheRevSFA
August 30th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Southeastern Louisiana @ Tulane.. 1967 Carmelia Bowl Quarterback for the San Francisco State Gaters will lead the Tulane Green Wave to a resounding victory to open the season 1-0

Western Illinois @ Sam Houston State-- Game of the week for the conference. Sam Houston looks the stronger team.

Evangel @ Nicholls State-- Evangel is a great name! Wonder what their mascot is! Nicholls St

McMurry @ Stephen F. Austin.. everyone loves SFA! They have many names in one name. Stephen F Austin

Delta State @ Northwestern State.. Airline State battle royale. Delta

Henderson State @ Central Arkansas.. fun times. Central

Texas College @ Lamar.. Lamar makes their bid to join the WAC by beating a team that sounds a lot like the two teams they just added.
McNeese State @ Kansas... Kansas

Awesome.

F'N Hawks
August 31st, 2011, 12:08 PM
Lines are out:

Henderson and Central Arkansas are a PK. That cannot be right, or is it?

Delta State -9 over Northwestern State

SFA -32.5 over McMurry

Western Illinois -3.5 over SHSU

Nicholls -42.5 over Evangel

Thoughts?

DG Cowboy
August 31st, 2011, 01:51 PM
If the fans don't believe, there is no karma for the team, Katstrapper. When the Pokes come out in Natchitoches or Huntsville, and the Blue and Gold is everywhere, the karma envelopes the players. :>)

McTailGator
August 31st, 2011, 02:20 PM
More SLU fans wearing 'green' than Tulane fans? LOL

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/tul/graphics/splash-monday-829.jpg

That will not be difficult.

McNeese out numbered Tulane fans better than 10:1 in 2009. Tulane's support is pitiful.

msusig
August 31st, 2011, 02:30 PM
Evangel @ Nicholls State
Texas College @ Lamar
McNeese State @ Kansas

UofRfan
August 31st, 2011, 04:26 PM
Any particular reason Central Ark is only a 3 point favorite at 5dimes in this Henderson St matchup? Seems like they return some starters but seems like a good year on deck for C Ark

Purple Pride
August 31st, 2011, 04:39 PM
No reason. UCA will stomp a mudhole in HSU and walk it dry.

katstrapper
August 31st, 2011, 10:02 PM
Lines are out:

Henderson and Central Arkansas are a PK. That cannot be right, or is it?

Delta State -9 over Northwestern State

SFA -32.5 over McMurry

Western Illinois -3.5 over SHSU
Nicholls -42.5 over Evangel

Thoughts?

I would take Sam Houston + 3.5. It think Kats are poised for and interesting season.

UofRfan
August 31st, 2011, 10:18 PM
Reading these predictions seems like you guys are surprised Delta St is favored as well....