PDA

View Full Version : Picks to Click in 2011

Professor Chaos
August 22nd, 2011, 12:46 PM
Since most squads have a few weeks of fall practice under their belts and depth charts are pretty well set for those who follow their teams closely let's get a thread going about what players on your team you think the rest of the FCS do not know now but will by the end of 2011.

I'll just list 1 offensive and 1 defensive player but it's not like someone's going to take away your firstborn child if you list more.

For NDSU I'll say:

RB Sam Ojuri: He was ineligible last year and has played as well (and some have said better) than preseason All-American DJ McNorton in spring and fall camps. He'll give NDSU a very formidable 1-2 punch in the backfield and will burn teams if they let up when they see #8 (McNorton) go out of the game.

SS Colten Heagle: He started towards the end of last year as a true freshman and really had some lights out hits. Plays 100 miles per hour every play. He's excellent in run support and should make the highlight reel more than a few times this year with some bonecrunching hits.

AppAlum2003
August 22nd, 2011, 12:52 PM
I really despise Hawk Harrelson.

WrenFGun
August 22nd, 2011, 02:57 PM
UNH:

RB Dontra Peters -- Peters had a pretty good year last year, but had a lot of inconsistent performances. He is a game-changer, though, and you can ask Villanova about that last year, as he ran roughshod over them. I think it's quite possible he'll have better numbers than either Andrew Pierce or Jon Grimes next year, particularly if he's lining up in the slot a bit.

CB Kyle Flemings -- Flemings was the other guy opposite Dino Vasso last year, but he had a pretty solid season in his own right. He'll be the #1 guy this year and if he stays healthy I think he'll do a competent job and yield All-CAA Honors at the CB position. I've also heard DT/NT Jared Smith is a behemoth.

bojeta
August 22nd, 2011, 03:26 PM
If tempers/personalities are kept in check, I think people are finally going to see some consistantly impressive play from Kevin Hess at DE for Cal Poly. Kid has all the tools. I'm pulling for him. Although he's a senior, no one outside of CP probably knows who he is at this point.

JaxStateDSM93
August 22nd, 2011, 03:40 PM
Jacksonville State:

DaMarcus James -RB #32: This kid reeled off a huge run in the scrimmage game on Saturday, that really opened some eyes. He's a freshman with huge potential. HUGE potential.

Ben Endress -OLB #48: Makes up for his lack in size (6'1" 200), with big time tenacity and heart. Really hardnosed, gritty ballplayer.

eiu1999
August 22nd, 2011, 04:29 PM
EIU:

Reggie Box: RB, 6-0, 175. Quickest, fastest I've ever seen at EIU. (Watched him practice twice)

jmufan999
August 22nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
Since most FCS fans will be more likely to "know" skill position players from other schools, I'll choose two that fit that category. I'll let someone else do defensive players if they want.

TE Brian Barlow - Mickey has said numerous times that Brian had the best spring of any JMU player, and he was already very talented. Missed some time last year due to injury but apparently is looking good.

WR Amir Waller - He's a true freshman, but we're thin at the position and I believe he'll start right away. According to those that have seen him, he fights hard for every ball and has excellent hands.

Tribe4SF
August 22nd, 2011, 07:54 PM
W&M

Rfr. RB Keith "Deuce" McBride- The 6' 210 transfer from Navy is going to be a nice compliment to Jonathan Grimes, with real speed and big play ability.

Rfr. WR Sean Ballard- Walk-on from Texas who has all the tools to be a consistent producer in the Tribe offense.

Rfr. SS Ivan Tagoe- Next man on the field for the Tribe secondary can fill many roles, and is 6'2" and 227 with good speed and athleticism.

Jacked_Rabbit
August 22nd, 2011, 08:13 PM
South Dakota St. Jackrabbits

WR Trevor Tiefenthaler - Played in all 11 games last year as a Redshirt Freshman and averaged nearly 30 yards per kick return. This kid can flat out fly. His father, Jeff, still holds a number of SDSU receiving records. There is a ton of hype coming out of fall camp this year that Trevor taken huge steps forward and will be our primary target through the air, replacing Tyrel Kool who was since moved to RB.

DE Zach Bowers - A member of the 2010 MFVC All-Newcomer team, Zach provides a lot of athleticism coming off of the edge. Although he played in a reserve role for the begining portion of the 2010 season, he appeared in all 11 games and ended the season as a starter at DE. There seems to be a lot of buzz that Zach will be a force on the defensive side of the ball for the Jacks this year, drawing comparisons to former All-American and current Buffalo Bill Danny Batten.

heath
August 22nd, 2011, 08:18 PM
Since most FCS fans will be more likely to "know" skill position players from other schools, I'll choose two that fit that category. I'll let someone else do defensive players if they want.

TE Brian Barlow - Mickey has said numerous times that Brian had the best spring of any JMU player, and he was already very talented. Missed some time last year due to injury but apparently is looking good.

WR Amir Waller - He's a true freshman, but we're thin at the position and I believe he'll start right away. According to those that have seen him, he fights hard for every ball and has excellent hands.

Amir Waller wasn't even the player Q Hunter was at Orange Co. How is Q panning out so far? I'd lean toward Dq Scott as a kid that can make a difference