PDA

View Full Version : B-CU adds depth at QB Position

Humble Steward
August 22nd, 2011, 12:36 PM
Ex-Terp to compete to be B-CU's top QB xthumbsupx

By SEAN KERNAN, Staff writer
August 21, 2011 12:56 AM
Posted in: College Tagged:Bethune-Cookman Jamarr Robinson, wearing a No. 6 jersey, sits in the stands during Bethune-Cookman University team photos at Municipal Stadium in Daytona Beach on Saturday. (N-J | David Massey) DAYTONA BEACH -- University of Maryland transfer quarterback Jamarr Robinson posed for pictures Saturday with his new teammates at Bethune-Cookman's Media Day at Municipal Stadium.

Robinson wore a No. 6 gold jersey and was listed on the team's 2011 roster, which was released Saturday. The former Terrapins starter is the most experienced and, at nearly 24 years of age, oldest of any Wildcat vying for the starting QB position.

Junior Jackie Wilson and sophomore David Blackwell also are competing for the starting job. Head coach Brian Jenkins has said Quentin Williams, last year's Florida Mr. Football, might be redshirted this season.

Robinson said family was a big reason why he wanted to go to Bethune-Cookman for his final year of playing eligibility.

"I am happy (to be at B-CU)," Robinson said. "I have family down here (in Daytona Beach) -- cousins."

Robinson started five games in his Maryland career and plans on starting more for the Wildcats in order to showcase his talents for pro scouts.

"I want to be the best I can be, and win, win, win," said Robinson, who plans on pursuing a graduate degree in transformative leadership.

Looking forward to another playoff run. Let's Go Wildcats. The season is almost here.