PDA

View Full Version : Colgate Spring Prospectus

colgate13
March 28th, 2006, 02:17 PM
We don't have any official news release on the website, but we've managed to put out a Prospectus in PDF format. You can download it here (http://www.colgateraiders.com/Pdfs/football/2006/3/28/SPRING%20FOOTBALL%20PROSPECTUS.pdf).

My main take from reading this and following Colgate football is this:

- Saraceno is still the man at QB. The battle among the other 5 quarterbacks is for the #2 spot.
- We've got great depth at the offensive skill positions.
- The center and right side of the line will be a huge strength for us. That said, we might see another freshman (or two?) starting on the left side for the second year in a row. We got a pair of good offensive lineman from FL that I think might compete. Based on how our frosh Jonas did last year, I'm not too worried about a freshman stepping in here.
- The open linebacker spot will be a battle between two talented and touted sophomores, Tupta and Marshall. I'm happy with what we've got here.
- Defensive line may be our weakest spot and the one with the most question marks. I think we'll see a lot of different faces in here until some players emerge.
- Our secondary should be our defensive strength. Hopefully we'll be able to cover well and allow our talented strong safety Geoff Bean help out on the run more often.

chrebet87
March 28th, 2006, 11:59 PM
thanks for the update i can't wait for the season to begin. Will you be making it to all of the games?

Pard4Life
March 29th, 2006, 12:21 AM
We don't have any official news release on the website, but we've managed to put out a Prospectus in PDF format. You can download it here (http://www.colgateraiders.com/Pdfs/football/2006/3/28/SPRING%20FOOTBALL%20PROSPECTUS.pdf).

My main take from reading this and following Colgate football is this:

- Saraceno is still the man at QB. The battle among the other 5 quarterbacks is for the #2 spot.
- We've got great depth at the offensive skill positions.
- The center and right side of the line will be a huge strength for us. That said, we might see another freshman (or two?) starting on the left side for the second year in a row. We got a pair of good offensive lineman from FL that I think might compete. Based on how our frosh Jonas did last year, I'm not too worried about a freshman stepping in here.
- The open linebacker spot will be a battle between two talented and touted sophomores, Tupta and Marshall. I'm happy with what we've got here.
- Defensive line may be our weakest spot and the one with the most question marks. I think we'll see a lot of different faces in here until some players emerge.
- Our secondary should be our defensive strength. Hopefully we'll be able to cover well and allow our talented strong safety Geoff Bean help out on the run more often.

Just the thing Tavani Lafayette likes to take advantage of. Too bad we are not playing you within the first few weeks, I expect Colgate to have the situation ironed out by that point, unfortunately.

March 29th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Just the thing Tavani Lafayette likes to take advantage of. Too bad we are not playing you within the first few weeks, I expect Colgate to have the situation ironed out by that point, unfortunately.Those who are pdf unfriendly can view the Colgate news here:
http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=77305

BTW, Coach Tavani is on this coming week's I-AA WAVES.

colgate13
March 29th, 2006, 07:20 AM
thanks for the update i can't wait for the season to begin. Will you be making it to all of the games?

I typically make it to at least 7 or 8 of them. Usually all the home games, Cornell away, Lehigh if away and Princeton if away. Looking at this year, it will probably be similar. 6 homes games, @ Cornell, @ Lehigh, and if something special is going on, maybe @ Bucknell.

@ Umass isn't going to work for me this year unfortunately. : smh :

colgate13
March 29th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Just the thing Tavani Lafayette likes to take advantage of. Too bad we are not playing you within the first few weeks, I expect Colgate to have the situation ironed out by that point, unfortunately.

I hear that. Besides opening with a heavyweight in UMass (which I don't love our chances at winning, but I think it will be a good game), we then have 4 home games in a row, the first 3 against teams that we should beat. 'Should' of course is the operative word.

6-1 heading into the weekend we host LC is very realistic. The record heading into Lehigh? We'll see. :cool:

carney2
March 29th, 2006, 10:48 AM
6-1 heading into the weekend we host LC is very realistic. The record heading into Lehigh? We'll see. :cool:

Let's see if I've got this right: Since Lehigh follows Lafayette by one week, you seem to be saying that the 10/28 game vs. the Leopards is somehow in doubt. This, despite the following facts: (1) Tavani is oh-fer vs. Biddle; (2) Lafayette is 9 - 36 - 4 vs. Colgate; (3) the game is @ Andy Kerr; and (4) they will play after the leaves are off the trees in upstate New York. You're a "glass half empty" type of guy, aren't you?

Here's my prediction: watch the Penn @ Lafayette game on 9/16. A Lafayette victory means that all curses are temporarily lifted and the 10/28 game is truly up for grabs. A Penn victory, on the other hand, means same-old, same-old, and you can breathe easy. At this moment, in my worthless opinion, the Penn game stands as the 2nd most important date on the Lafayette schedule. Can Tavani actually get the Ivy monkey off his back?!!!!!

Hey, Ralph, if you don't ask about the "monkeys" (the Ivies and Colgate) when you talk to Tavani next week, you are just a slow pitch softball pitcher and..., well you get the idea. :nono:

colgate13
March 29th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Let's see if I've got this right: Since Lehigh follows Lafayette by one week, you seem to be saying that the 10/28 game vs. the Leopards is somehow in doubt. This, despite the following facts: (1) Tavani is oh-fer vs. Biddle; (2) Lafayette is 9 - 36 - 4 vs. Colgate; (3) the game is @ Andy Kerr; and (4) they will play after the leaves are off the trees in upstate New York. You're a "glass half empty" type of guy, aren't you?

I love having all of those things in our favour, but I am a "all things come to an end" type of guy! Streaks were meant to end. I just continue to hope that the current year isn't the year. I've got the Lafayette AND Cornell winning streaks to contend with. It's a bit stressful!

carney2
March 29th, 2006, 02:19 PM
I've got the Lafayette AND Cornell winning streaks to contend with. It's a bit stressful!

I'll trade ya.

Fordham
March 29th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I've got the Lafayette AND Cornell winning streaks to contend with. It's a bit stressful!

http://moblog.co.uk/blogs/2541/moblog_bfb2fc0fd2f37.jpg

colgate13
March 29th, 2006, 02:56 PM
I'll trade ya.

No thanks! But you know you, lafalum, pard94, andy, etc. will all be hooping and hollering at me all over these boards if I took it for granted that Colgate always beats LC and the Pards ended up leaving Hamilton with a 'W'. :smiley_wi