PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's Southland Conference Preview Video

FootballCEO
August 13th, 2011, 06:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNMxN9zD4C4

Good Evening AGS Fans!! Here's my Southland Conference Preview!

Enjoy!

Em

crossfire07
August 13th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I imagine TT's head has swollen up and about to explode. someone get an ice bag. QUICK! ha ha :)
Riley Dodge is our starting qb? really? I'm always the last to know :(
We should have got picked last. I went to the scrimmage today. 4 backs and can't run except up the middle because we lost our d line and backers. Could not even kick extra points. The recievers have frickn concrete in their gloves. I think someone was right, we are ging to lose to the Sioux :(

lionsrking2
August 13th, 2011, 10:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNMxN9zD4C4

Good Evening AGS Fans!! Here's my Southland Conference Preview!

Enjoy!

Em

Jesus Christ that's horrible!!!

FootballCEO
August 14th, 2011, 07:10 AM

Him funny.

Not really, but the toughness of your Lions schedule is what I find to be horrible.. good luck

lionsrking2
August 14th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Him funny.

Not really, but the toughness of your Lions schedule is what I find to be horrible.. good luck

Our schedule is tough but you need to do a little more research.

jhanel
August 14th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Our schedule is tough but you need to do a little more research.

Absolutely! Just from a Northwestern State point of view. Recruiting? Zach Savoie? He's a great kid, and I know his dad very well, but our recruit to look out for? xconfusedxxshakefistxxoopsxxcrazyx

Most NFL ready?

Good try, Im glad you are doing what you are doing. Someone needed to. If you don't know, just ask someone here, or call the University. And your welcome for all of the Northwestern State clips you ripped from my site. xpeacexxsalutex

lionsrking2
August 14th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Absolutely! Just from a Northwestern State point of view. Recruiting? Zach Savoie? He's a great kid, and I know his dad very well, but our recruit to look out for? xconfusedxxshakefistxxoopsxxcrazyx

Most NFL ready?

Good try, Im glad you are doing what you are doing. Someone needed to. If you don't know, just ask someone here, or call the University. And your welcome for all of the Northwestern State clips you ripped from my site. xpeacexxsalutex

That was partly my point as well...he lists Chet Hebert as our top recruit...while Chet is a nice kid and will hopefully make a fine Lion (or Tug Boat captain) one day, he wasn't even our best O-line signee, much less our top recruit. I could argue some other points as well, but will let the season play out...who knows, he may end being right.

TheRevSFA
August 14th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Okay, I was giving him some credit until he said Sam had the best cornerbacks. All credibility went out the window.

TexasTerror
August 14th, 2011, 11:42 AM
As far as recruiting goes - he likely found whomever had some YouTube video and based commentary off that with some 'key words' often used for those particular positions...

ursus arctos horribilis
August 14th, 2011, 12:28 PM

This kind of **** is just god damn stupid. He's doing something here that he could use some constructive criticism on in some cases for sure. Now what you could have done is just point out the mistakes and have a discussion about why you think he is not informed and point out the pluses and minuses as you see them so he can put out a better product next time and do us all (including himself) more good.

But I suppose your approach and others on the board that have taken this approach is probably the way to go because that will be extremely productive and also encourage a guy putting his time into this to keep doing so.

Really strong work there.xthumbsupx

FormerPokeCenter
August 14th, 2011, 12:59 PM
This kind of **** is just god damn stupid. He's doing something here that he could use some constructive criticism on in some cases for sure. Now what you could have done is just point out the mistakes and have a discussion about why you think he is not informed and point out the pluses and minuses as you see them so he can put out a better product next time and do us all (including himself) more good.

But I suppose your approach and others on the board that have taken this approach is probably the way to go because that will be extremely productive and also encourage a guy putting his time into this to keep doing so.

Really strong work there.xthumbsupx

I'm sorry, but when you call yourself the "Czar of the Playbook" and then produce this as though it's relevant, you invite whatever commentary you get..

Moreover, he's not a provider of FCS content exclusively. He's marketing himself as a guru about "all leagues." My suggestion would be for him to start with Pop Warner, then work up from there once he's demonstrated some proficiency.

The bottom line is this guy's a moron with a video camera and Microsoft MovieMaker. But, it's not surprising that he's completely unknowledgeable about quality football. He played in the SunBelch, thus has never been exposed to it ;)

Oh, and as to research, he could have watched the SLC media days online, and at least gotten a feel for the league. Instead, he looked at some statistics and tried to use that to formulate his opinions....

FootballCEO
August 14th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Thanks for watching and feeling so strongly to comment! Continue to do so.

FootballCEO
August 14th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I'm sorry, but when you call yourself the "Czar of the Playbook" and then produce this as though it's relevant, you invite whatever commentary you get..

Moreover, he's not a provider of FCS content exclusively. He's marketing himself as a guru about "all leagues." My suggestion would be for him to start with Pop Warner, then work up from there once he's demonstrated some proficiency.

The bottom line is this guy's a moron with a video camera and Microsoft MovieMaker. But, it's not surprising that he's completely unknowledgeable about quality football. He played in the SunBelch, thus has never been exposed to it ;)

Oh, and as to research, he could have watched the SLC media days online, and at least gotten a feel for the league. Instead, he looked at some statistics and tried to use that to formulate his opinions....

And you commented twice. Would you like a job with Football Gameplan?

Go Cajuns

FormerPokeCenter
August 14th, 2011, 01:17 PM
And you commented twice. Would you like a job with Football Gameplan?

Go Cajuns

I commend you on realizing that you need ediitorial and fact-checking help. It's always encouraging to see somebody who knows their limitations. It would have been nice had you figured those out BEFORE you wasted the bandwidth to upload that video...

So, while I apreciate the offer, I'm afraid I'll have to decline. Given the quality of the production, I doubt you could afford me ;)

FootballCEO
August 14th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I commend you on realizing that you need ediitorial and fact-checking help. It's always encouraging to see somebody who knows their limitations. It would have been nice had you figured those out BEFORE you wasted the bandwidth to upload that video...

So, while I apreciate the offer, I'm afraid I'll have to decline. Given the quality of the production, I doubt you could afford me ;)

Oh I wasn't going to pay you... I just needed someone to look at to keep me going when I feel like stopping for the day. I think you'd excel as the Dir. of Hating..

FormerPokeCenter
August 14th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Oh I wasn't going to pay you... I just needed someone to look at to keep me going when I feel like stopping for the day. I think you'd excel as the Dir. of Hating..

You don't own a mirror? Typical USL grad....

Oh, and FYI, I don't hate you. You'd have to actually have some relevance for that to happen. Add the concept of "disdain" to the long list of things you apparently failed to learn at USL. That's impressive in it's own right...considering that all rational college football fans view USL with disdain...You'd think you'd be familiar with the concept thorugh Osmosis, if nothing else...

But, fret not, if this little venture doesn't work out, you can always take a play from the USL gameplan and change your name to something even more grandiose than "Czar of the Playbook." Who knows, maybe somebody will even buy into that! ;)

FootballCEO
August 14th, 2011, 01:28 PM

Ta! The Northeast Conference video will be out next.. I expect to see your motivational words on that one too. Thanks sweets :)

TheRevSFA
August 14th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Constructive criticism: actually watch the games and teams before attempting to do media work on them.

FormerPokeCenter
August 14th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Ta! The Northeast Conference video will be out next.. I expect to see your motivational words on that one too. Thanks sweets :)

I doubt I'll be watching the Northeast Conference video. And, even if I did, I wouldn't venture a comment because I don't know anything about the Northeast Conference.

From a constructive criticism perspective, I'd suggest you try adopting that tactic. Think of the bandwidth you could save if you limited your comments to things you actually knew about! ;)

FootballCEO
August 14th, 2011, 01:34 PM

Oh, and FYI, I don't hate you. You'd have to actually have some relevance for that to happen. Add the concept of "disdain" to the long list of things you apparently failed to learn at USL. That's impressive in it's own right...considering that all rational college football fans view USL with disdain...You'd think you'd be familiar with the concept thorugh Osmosis, if nothing else...

But, fret not, if this little venture doesn't work out, you can always take a play from the USL gameplan and change your name to something even more grandiose than "Czar of the Playbook." Who knows, maybe somebody will even buy into that! ;)

#Sidebar - The jab at the UL name change is Funny..never liked it either...

#back to our discussion

LOL

FormerPokeCenter
August 14th, 2011, 01:37 PM
#Sidebar - The jab at the UL name change is Funny..never liked it either...

#back to our discussion

LOL

When did the University of Louisville change their name? I guess that got lost in the news about Texas A&M moving to the SEC...

FootballCEO
August 14th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I doubt I'll be watching the Northeast Conference video. And, even if I did, I wouldn't venture a comment because I don't know anything about the Northeast Conference.

From a constructive criticism perspective, I'd suggest you try adopting that tactic. Think of the bandwidth you could save if you limited your comments to things you actually knew about! ;)

Then you're missing your calling as "The Czar of Haterism".. I'd go out and get it copyrighted if I were you! Big Money!

FormerPokeCenter
August 14th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Again, you mistake disdain for hate. You're not relevant enough to hate. It's a simple concept to grasp.... If I were you, I'd ask USL for your tuition money back....

I'll give you this though: It's more entertaining watching your anemic responses on this thread than it is watching your videos....

Ever thought about renting yourself out as a textual pinata? I'm sure you could actually be GOOD at that ;)

Oh, and if you were me, you wouldn't have been reduced to attending USL ;)

crossfire07
August 14th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Why do people have to use the word hate when another person DOES NOT LIKE something? He is not winning no points or respect here. Best thing he could of done was post the video and move on. This is the same guy that basiclly gave us no chance in hell at App State. I knew something was up with this guy when I seen the Rajun Pajun logo on his video. If one is going to do FCS videos, show FCS teams. I am pretty damn curious as to how he knows who our starting qb is when Coach V continually says he does not know yet. He does have one thing I agree with him on but it is old news that Nicholls will be the most improved team.

FormerPokeCenter
August 14th, 2011, 02:12 PM
It comes as no great surprise that a program that has a lifetime .474 win percentage, in 111 years of football produces an "analyst" who's woefully ill-informed and consistently wrong. I bet his win percentage is even lower than USL's...

This is what's wrong with this country. Mediocrity is acceptable if you can fool some some advertisers into supporting it...

Pathetic, but I'm used to pathetic efforts from USL football players ;)

ursus arctos horribilis
August 14th, 2011, 02:14 PM
This is the same guy that basiclly gave us no chance in hell at App State. I knew something was up with this guy when I seen the Rajun Pajun logo on his video. If one is going to do FCS videos, show FCS teams. I am pretty damn curious as to how he knows who our starting qb is when Coach V continually says he does not know yet.

Oh this guy didn't think you'd win that one at App? Shocker since that's what most of the other news outlets and the fans on the boards that watch a lot of FCS also thought huh?

Now as far as your starting QB...that's a lefit point.

BEAR
August 14th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Well, I watched the video.

THere are things that confused me:

1. UCA's team logo changed...a long time ago. Google is your best friend..so is AGS.
2. The product you put out there tells us so much about what the GURU doesn't know about! Mainly the SLC.
3. If you need the LATEST info on each SLC team, CALL THE ATHLETIC ADMIN OFFICES! Believe me, promotions is what they are all about!
4. Worse case scenario, just ask an App fan about the SLC..they won't be able to tell you much past the first round, but they will at least their data will be much more current than what was in that video. xlolx

Don't take this as hate..just take this as your wake up call to put out a product that will actually give your some cred and give the fans something worth watching. Clean it up and quit trying to be a guru and put the work in it that it ACTUALLY requires. xnodx

FootballCEO
August 14th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Why do people have to use the word hate when another person DOES NOT LIKE something? He is not winning no points or respect here. Best thing he could of done was post the video and move on. This is the same guy that basiclly gave us no chance in hell at App State. I knew something was up with this guy when I seen the Rajun Pajun logo on his video. If one is going to do FCS videos, show FCS teams. I am pretty damn curious as to how he knows who our starting qb is when Coach V continually says he does not know yet. He does have one thing I agree with him on but it is old news that Nicholls will be the most improved team.

There's a difference... I don't like the Jersey Shore or its Premise...but, those kids are getting paid doing what they want to do. May not agree with the show & concept, but respect the game.

TheRevSFA
August 14th, 2011, 02:48 PM
But you didn't do anything to get respect off of this video. I hope next year you'll actually do some research, perhaps watch some SLC games and be more informed.

FormerPokeCenter
August 14th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Don't take this as hate..just take this as your wake up call to put out a product that will actually give your some cred and give the fans something worth watching. Clean it up and quit trying to be a guru and put the work in it that it ACTUALLY requires. xnodx

You Sir, know nothing about what it means to be a USL alum.

You can't be expected to actually display mastery of something before you earn your Guru wings. If you're affiliated with USL, you're allowed to become whatever you want to become merely by changing your name and wishing it were so....

BEAR
August 14th, 2011, 03:59 PM
You Sir, know nothing about what it means to be a USL alum.

You can't be expected to actually display mastery of something before you earn your Guru wings. If you're affiliated with USL, you're allowed to become whatever you want to become merely by changing your name and wishing it were so....

xlolx So it isn't just in state SEC teams that are dilusional. xlolx Dilusion is a sickness. xnodx

crossfire07
August 14th, 2011, 04:38 PM

Most NFL ready?

I know when I use someone else's pictures I try to give them credit and sometimes I fail at it but when someone makes a living off of stealing someone else's work that is another thing. He was saying something about the show Jersey Shore which I do not watch but most shows and clips I see and someone else's work gets used, they show what is called credits and thank them. It is just wrong and though I personally don't like the Shemons I appreciate the effort and dedication you show towards them and I look forward to our homecoming date this year.

McTailGator
August 14th, 2011, 06:05 PM
OMG

How on earth does a Ragin Cajun even have a clue what a WINNING program looks like.

You probably thought the Cajuns would have a "Winning Season" or win the Slum Belch every year you were there. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Advice.

Don't give up your day job...

kingkat99
August 15th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I kind of liked what he had to say....lol.

McNeese75
August 15th, 2011, 11:36 AM

xlolx, I am sure he has some more Crimson Kool Aid he can pass along if you like ;)

crossfire07
August 15th, 2011, 01:20 PM

I think TT does too. He only has 1 post on a SLC topic. Who would have imagined such a thing! :)

crossfire07
August 15th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks for watching and feeling so strongly to comment! Continue to do so.

You stated in your video that Riley Dodge was McNeese's starting qb. How you knew that I have no idea but here is the lowdown:

"At quarterback, sophomore Cody Stroud will go in as the starter with Riley Dodge, a transfer from the University of North Texas, as the backup."

http://www.southland.org//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=205241742

LIONFAN07
August 15th, 2011, 04:12 PM
I won't comment on the video and anything said seems to be seen as "Hating"xnonoxxnonox

But I would take the Lion WRS over anybody in the conference. I think that is a spot were we have some good depth coming back not to mention they are very talented.

He didn't even mention Simmie. I wonder if he knows he is even on the team?

McNeese75
August 15th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I won't comment on the video and anything said seems to be seen as "Hating"xnonoxxnonox

But I would take the Lion WRS over anybody in the conference. I think that is a spot were we have some good depth coming back not to mention they are very talented.

I think you just proved the point most posters are trying to make here.

katstrapper
August 15th, 2011, 05:07 PM
So back to football...how many of you disagree that SHSU has the best OL and RB in the conference? show of hands?xcoffeex

blackfordpu
August 15th, 2011, 05:10 PM
So back to football...how many of you disagree that SHSU has the best OL and RB in the conference? show of hands?xcoffeex

Based off of the short time that they got to work together last season, they have to be considered one of, if not the best.

FormerPokeCenter
August 15th, 2011, 05:46 PM

I've got four reasons why you don't have the best running back in the conference. If I list them alphbetically, the argument's over after I list Andre Anderson, who was our third team tailback last year.

Next question please ;)

crossfire07
August 15th, 2011, 06:19 PM
I think Sam is going to ride Flanders until he drops. Unless Flanders gets hurt, I don't think you are going to see many other rb's in the game. He will have to stay healthy. If we can keep our 4 healthy, I think teams will see a healthy dose of them all. I guess I am using my homer vote but I would say my 4 is better to your 1 :) I look for Nicholls to be running the ball a lot better this year. They was not THAT bad last year taking the #3 & 6 spots in rushing. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

McNeese72
August 16th, 2011, 07:50 AM

He didn't say best runningback in singular, he said that Sam had the best runnigbacks as a group. I take exception to that because our four would stack up well against anybody in the conference. And so far they are all healthy this season.

Doc

FormerPokeCenter
August 16th, 2011, 07:55 AM
I'll go you one better, Doc. Any one of our four could start for ANY other team in the conference....

TheRevSFA
August 16th, 2011, 07:55 AM

I think Tim Flanders is the best RB in the conference, buttttt McNeese has the best RB core. Once Flanders gets injured from being ridden by Fritz, what's left in the tank?

katstrapper
August 16th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Kats have a very young, but capable RB group. Ridgeway Frank and and Ryan Wilson can carry the load. And dont look for SHSU to rely solely on Flanders this year. Kats will open up the offense more with Bell at QB and a year under his belt. And no, I dont think SHSU has the best GROUP of backs at this point.

I'll go you one better, Doc. Any one of our four could start for ANY other team in the conference....

Spoken like a true McNeese fan. If that is the case, WHY arent they starting somewhere else then?

TheRevSFA
August 16th, 2011, 09:17 AM

SFA would disagree with you. Simmie is great, but we own the top spot for WRs!

FormerPokeCenter
August 16th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Spoken like a true McNeese fan. If that is the case, WHY arent they starting somewhere else then?

Because they've all started for McNeese at various times....Andre Anderson, all conference last year, for instance, was third on the depth chart and didn't even see any real action until the 6th game of the year ;) When your third team running back can make All-Conference, it DOES sorta give you an indication that perhaps you might be loaded at the position, no? ;)

McTailGator
August 16th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Because they would rather be a 4th string Cowboy than a 1st string anything else. (:

katstrapper
August 16th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Because they've all started for McNeese at various times....Andre Anderson, all conference last year, for instance, was third on the depth chart and didn't even see any real action until the 6th game of the year ;) When your third team running back can make All-Conference, it DOES sorta give you an indication that perhaps you might be loaded at the position, no? ;)

Didnt see any real action until game 6? Stats I saw showed he played in 11 games.

crossfire07
August 16th, 2011, 12:36 PM
The first 5 games he never carried the ball more than a dozen times. That is not considered real action is it?

crossfire07
August 16th, 2011, 12:37 PM

The SFA back didn't get a chance because y'all was too busy slinging the ball all over the damn place :)

lionsrking2
August 16th, 2011, 01:29 PM

Only because you throw the ball just about every down...I'll take Yarborough, Collins and Theodore over your guys any day of the week...if we were still running the Air Raid they would have crazy numbers.

FormerPokeCenter
August 16th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Didnt see any real action until game 6? Stats I saw showed he played in 11 games.

Hopefully you're smarter than the average Kinkajou fan and you can read between the lines on stats.....Try to wrap your head around this: He LED the entire conference with 713 rushing yards in seven conference games, but finished the season with 855 yards...

So, I realize that math isn't a particularly strong suit over in Huntsvegas, except maybe at bedtime when it's helpful to be able to count prisoners to make sure everybody is accounted for, but consider this: Anderson didn't see much action until the 6TH game of the year, which was LSU, where he gained 89 yards. he averaged more than 100 yards a game in 7 conference games, but only had 142 yards in four other games? 142-89 = 53 yards in three non-conference games...hmmm.....doesn't sound like a whole lotta playing time to me.

Now, carrying that one step further, and looking it up, he had a total of 31 carries and 177 yards through the first five games. What's that, a little over 6 attempts per game? Yeah, he saw major action. Then, all he did was finish the year with 855 yards, while leading the SLC with 713 yards, which included two 170 yard rushing performancess in the last five games....but, through your Orange-colored glasses, he's not as good as your guy? Yeah, right ;)

Carry on, my work here is done...

crossfire07
August 16th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Then, all he did was finish the year with 855 yards, while leading the SLC with 713 yards, which included two 170 yard rushing performancess in the last five games....but, through your Orange-colored glasses, he's not as good as your guy? Yeah, right ;) Carry on, my work here is done...

Actually, his glasses are orange framed. It is the blinders that give him problems. To everyone, I introduce TT :)

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/fxdci/McNeeseSamHouston139.jpg

TheRevSFA
August 16th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Only because you throw the ball just about every down...I'll take Yarborough, Collins and Theodore over your guys any day of the week...if we were still running the Air Raid they would have crazy numbers.

Why wouldn't we throw the ball? Do you know who our RB is? I don't think we really have one....I think we just list 3 WRs as RBs just to fill the slots on the depth chart.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 16th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Why wouldn't we throw the ball? Do you know who our RB is? I don't think we really have one....I think we just list 3 WRs as RBs just to fill the slots on the depth chart.xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
August 17th, 2011, 10:08 AM

I thought today's offering from the MSU sports information office was particularly timely and topical ;)

http://www.mcneesesports.com/news/2011/8/16/FB_0816112306.aspx#

crossfire07
August 17th, 2011, 12:04 PM
"A year ago Anderson, who would go on and lead the Southland Conference in yards rushing in league games only, moved up from the fourth team to a starting role by the sixth game of the season and wound up with 855 yards rushing, a 5.0 yards per carry average and 1,040 all-purpose yards."

crossfire07
August 18th, 2011, 06:29 PM
TT, you didn't like your pic big daddy? :)