PDA

View Full Version : Phil Steele FCS Mag at newstands

AtlantaMountaineer
August 13th, 2011, 12:05 PM
For those who didn't order theirs online (like me), they are finally available at the news stands. Picked mine up at Barnes and Noble in Atlanta last night.

crossfire07
August 13th, 2011, 02:05 PM
I got mine in the mail last week. This stuff of picking teams because they have colored grass is a bit far in my book. I know EWU ripped off a lot of wins but everyone isn't the National Champion. Overall it is a information loaded book.

underdawg
August 14th, 2011, 06:20 PM
I bought mine today at B&N too. Something that will be useful come play-off time.

superman7515
August 14th, 2011, 06:30 PM
You need an avatar or some kind of a team ID so I can tell how to bust your balls on that statement. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 14th, 2011, 07:11 PM
You need an avatar or some kind of a team ID so I can tell how to bust your balls on that statement. xlolx

I've always found the easiest way to get that information is to just pick the worst "dog" team you can think of and address them as a fan of that team and they willingly put the information forward.:)

underdawg
August 16th, 2011, 08:07 AM
I was talking playoff in general. I'm actually interested in the play-offs as a whole too. But I thought it was obvious from my posts I'm a proud SIU Salukis football fan--and we will make the playoffsxnodxxlolx

eiu1999
August 16th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I was talking playoff in general. I'm actually interested in the play-offs as a whole too. But I thought it was obvious from my posts I'm a proud SIU Salukis football fan--and we will make the playoffsxnodxxlolx

I'm thinking about going to the EIU/SIU game in Carbondale on 11/12 to see the new stadium

EdubAlum
August 16th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I got mine in the mail last week. This stuff of picking teams because they have colored grass is a bit far in my book. I know EWU ripped off a lot of wins but everyone isn't the National Champion. Overall it is a information loaded book.

EWU didn't need the red turf to roast McNeese St 44 to 15 last time we were in Lake Charles:)

crossfire07
August 16th, 2011, 03:52 PM
I give you guys a compliment and you want to bust my balls? what a piece of ****.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 16th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I give you guys a compliment and you want to bust my balls? what a piece of ****.

That was a compliment? If it was I don't think you're getting your point across AT ALL.

crossfire07
August 16th, 2011, 05:41 PM
"I know EWU ripped off a lot of wins but everyone isn't the National Champion." How do I make it any more clearer than it is? How can that not be taken as anything but a compliment?

crossfire07
August 16th, 2011, 05:44 PM
EWU didn't need the red turf to roast McNeese St 44 to 15 last time we were in Lake Charles:)

How did you enjoy your trip to App State the following week? Pretty cool place huh?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 16th, 2011, 06:24 PM
"I know EWU ripped off a lot of wins but everyone isn't the National Champion." How do I make it any more clearer than it is? How can that not be taken as anything but a compliment?

Not to pick on ya but that one there is pretty funny.

It must not be you, it's us. Could also have somethign to do with the preceding sentence looking sorta backhanded.

"This stuff of picking teams because they have colored grass is a bit far in my book. "

Tribe4SF
August 16th, 2011, 06:48 PM
I think he's referring to the fact that Phil rated W&M #1, and our grass is green.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 16th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I think he's referring to the fact that Phil rated W&M #1, and our grass is green.

Well, I certainly feel like an asshole for missing that.xlolx

Tribe4SF
August 16th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Well, I certainly feel like an asshole for missing that.xlolx

You should! Pick up your game, Boss!

crossfire07
August 16th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Not to pick on ya but that one there is pretty funny.

It must not be you, it's us. Could also have somethign to do with the preceding sentence looking sorta backhanded.

"This stuff of picking teams because they have colored grass is a bit far in my book. "
OK, maybe I was not CLEAR enough.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 16th, 2011, 09:01 PM
OK, maybe I was not CLEAR enough.

That's probably what happened.

clenz
August 16th, 2011, 09:06 PM
My wife ordered me one, without me knowing.

Showed up today. Can't wait to dive into it.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 16th, 2011, 09:29 PM

It's pretty cool. You probably would have done good at the trivia game I ran. One of the UNI faithful pulled off a win for the Panthers anyway though.

clenz
August 16th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I thought about it, but I don't frequent this board enough to warrant trying to catch what time it was posted. The only time I post here is at night...long after the game is over.

MR. CHICKEN
August 16th, 2011, 09:52 PM

15988....BETTERAH..START WHIFF DUH ABBREVIATIONS...PAGE 2.....IT'S UH TOUGH READ WHEN YA....DON'T TEXT.......AN' EVERAH 5TH WORD...STYMIES...DUH FLOW....AWK!

citdog
August 16th, 2011, 09:58 PM

Well she should be performing fellatio upon you whilst making you a sammi for making you go see that harry potter movie in the theater.