PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette vs W&M in 2012, 2013

Pard4Life
August 13th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Lafayette opens down south in Williamsburg in 2013 and then 2014 in Easton for the first game of each season. I heard that this was not going to occur until 2015-2016 and at that point we'd have schollies... but I'll take it.

Looking forward to a good series vs the Tribe.

ps it's in the 2011 football media guide goleopards.com

Tribe4SF
August 13th, 2011, 10:38 AM
So is it 2012 and 2013, or 2013 and 2014? Your headline says '12 an '13.

Pard4Life
August 13th, 2011, 11:27 AM
My bad... it's 2012 and 2013 like the headline.

th0m
August 13th, 2011, 11:51 AM
quality OOC matchup. good job.

DFW HOYA
August 13th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Lafayette opens down south in Williamsburg in 2013 and then 2014 in Easton for the first game of each season. I heard that this was not going to occur until 2015-2016 and at that point we'd have schollies... but I'll take it.

...Unless Lafayette has scholarships in 2013?

Pard4Life
August 13th, 2011, 01:31 PM
If so, they'd only be freshmen.

DFW HOYA
August 13th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Not that it's going to happen, but there's no rule that says you only give scholarships beginning as freshmen. If Lafayette wanted to convert the entire 2013 team's aid to scholarship money, they could conceivably do that.

Bogus Megapardus
August 13th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Hmm . . . no Harvard in 2012 though adding W&M is a very nice trade-off. But in 2013 our OOC schedule will be Harvard, Yale, Penn, Princeton and W&M. That ought to please "traditionalists" such as myself.

RichH2
August 13th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Great job by your AD, NdakSt and W&M very nice achievements. Now if we all could get some games like Rams have on their schedule.

Bogus Megapardus
August 13th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Great job by your AD

Haven't you heard? Our AD just resigned in order to "take on new responsibilities." The drama never ends in Pardsville.

Pard4Life
August 13th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Hmm . . . no Harvard in 2012 though adding W&M is a very nice trade-off. But in 2013 our OOC schedule will be Harvard, Yale, Penn, Princeton and W&M. That ought to please "traditionalists" such as myself.

Don't look but there's only two Ivy games in 2014: Harvard and Yale. Excuse my arrogance buy I'd rather play Penn than Wagner... the open dates before Lehigh and week one negate any Ivys.

RichH2
August 13th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Gee, Bogie , i guess he's being punished for doing too good a job os scheduling

Go...gate
August 13th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Nice addition to the schedule.

Bogus Megapardus
August 13th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Don't look but there's only two Ivy games in 2014: Harvard and Yale. Excuse my arrogance buy I'd rather play Penn than Wagner... the open dates before Lehigh and week one negate any Ivys.

Maybe we could add Columbia. We've always played Columbia and I think we're their oldest rival. I'm not too sure why the Lions all of a sudden disappeared from the schedule last year.

Henzone
August 13th, 2011, 06:38 PM
According to reports in Newark, Lafayette & Bucknell are each scheduled to play at the Tub two consecutive years in the near future.

Pard4Life
August 13th, 2011, 07:45 PM
According to reports in Newark, Lafayette & Bucknell are each scheduled to play at the Tub two consecutive years in the near future.

Cool... glad to hear it from your end too. Bucknell? Wow... they have usually stuck with the Duqesne and Marists of the world... maybe they are taking schollies into account, because there is no reason why BU can't be a good program. Also, I've heard that Hens agreement has them visiting Fisher and the Tub for two. If the 2004 game is a clue, it should be a good one.

colorless raider
August 13th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Nice addition to the schedule.

A great schedule for the Pards. Colgate should be so fortunate.

Tribe4SF
August 13th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Surprised to learn this will be the first meeting between the two schools.

Ivytalk
August 13th, 2011, 08:24 PM
xthumbsupxGreat news!

Go...gate
August 13th, 2011, 08:56 PM

also, Colgate at UD on 9/13/14.

Go...gate
August 13th, 2011, 09:01 PM
A great schedule for the Pards. Colgate should be so fortunate.

We just added Sacred Heart's Pioneers to the 2012 sked - our only home game in a five game stretch to open that season. No sign of a W&M, Richmond, Citadel, Duke, VMI or other southern school. Seems to me we used to have one southern trip every other year under Wheels and Dunlap....

Pard4Life
August 13th, 2011, 09:14 PM
KC Keeler must have gotten his nose out of the air and is scheduling PL teams... now only if Nova could do the same... Yes this is our first meeting with the Tribe, oddly... they were PL charter members for a month or so...

Tribal
August 13th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Lafayette fans will like us. After all, W&M is 8-1 against Lehigh. That has to make the Tribe okay by Lafayette's standards, right? That Lafayette-Lehigh rivalry must be one of the 5 longest in history.

Lafalumni29
August 13th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Lafayette fans will like us. After all, W&M is 8-1 against Lehigh. That has to make the Tribe okay by Lafayette's standards, right? That Lafayette-Lehigh rivalry must be one of the 5 longest in history.

Are you serious??

Lafalumni29
August 13th, 2011, 10:07 PM
... now only if Nova could do the same... ...

Talley doesn't want to play us WITH scholarships.

superman7515
August 13th, 2011, 10:52 PM
KC Keeler must have gotten his nose out of the air and is scheduling PL teams... now only if Nova could do the same... Yes this is our first meeting with the Tribe, oddly... they were PL charter members for a month or so...

Nope. Only one of these games is scheduled before the world ends in Dec 2012. The ultimate way to make sure the Hens don't have to fill our half of the home & away.

TheValleyRaider
August 13th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Good get for the Leopards xthumbsupx

We just added Sacred Heart's Pioneers to the 2012 sked - our only home game in a five game stretch to open that season. No sign of a W&M, Richmond, Citadel, Duke, VMI or other southern school. Seems to me we used to have one southern trip every other year under Wheels and Dunlap....

Sacred Heart doesn't necessarily set the blood to racing, but looking at that 2012 schedule it certainly fits nicely into a rough road. As far as the southern schools go, we did just finish up a series with Furman, and go to Delaware in 2012. Add to that FBS games with Air Force and Ball State, plus a home-and-home with New Hampshire and 2012 trip to South Dakota, I'm generally pleased with the direction our schedule-making has taken

Go...gate
August 14th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Good get for the Leopards xthumbsupx

Sacred Heart doesn't necessarily set the blood to racing, but looking at that 2012 schedule it certainly fits nicely into a rough road. As far as the southern schools go, we did just finish up a series with Furman, and go to Delaware in 2012. Add to that FBS games with Air Force and Ball State, plus a home-and-home with New Hampshire and 2012 trip to South Dakota, I'm generally pleased with the direction our schedule-making has taken

I agree. Roach had to get a home game in there someplace.

Bogus Megapardus
August 14th, 2011, 04:26 AM
That Lafayette-Lehigh rivalry must be one of the 5 longest in history.

I'm sure the W&M - Richmond rivalry is much, much older. Has to be, right?

colorless raider
August 14th, 2011, 05:52 AM
I agree. Roach had to get a home game in there someplace.

That's because Roach waited until the last moment and all that was left was Sacred Heart. The schedule is an insult to the tradition of Colgate football.

Bogus Megapardus
August 14th, 2011, 09:26 AM
That's because Roach waited until the last moment and all that was left was Sacred Heart. The schedule is an insult to the tradition of Colgate football.

I'd rather think that it was important to get an additional home game in Hamilton. I don't see anything wrong with it - although I'd rather see Colgate play, for instance, Stony Brook, Liberty or Albany at home.

Pard4Life
August 14th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Well they play Air Force so a cupcake is not a bad idea for an easy tune up win. You must really be isolated up there to think of Delaware as the 'south'...

Pard4Life
August 14th, 2011, 09:55 AM

It's the most played (146) and longest consecutive meetings (annually since 1897)... would have been since 1884 if but Brown Town wanted to avoid a gauaranteed loss so they complained with some ethical excuse. Chicken Hawks in the making...

Andy
August 14th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Gee, Bogie , i guess he's being punished for doing too good a job os scheduling

The same guy, rich, who had us opening last year vs a league opponent who had already played a game. Horrible mistake IMO.

Also, this year, a year where we'd like to build some early confidence for a bounce back season, unfortunately we open with 4 road games.

Andy
August 14th, 2011, 11:20 AM

I'm envious of your back to back 12 game schedules. LC opening 2 weeks after you guys ('13 for sure and possibly '14 as well) drives me crazy.

Pard4Life
August 14th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Yeah I don't like opening much later than everyone either, but perhaps it serves us better with less fatigue and injuries. Opening on the road is not such a big deal... it gets everyone focused and in battle mode. Like 2004, we only had four home games and sure we opened with Marist at Fisher, but we played a month on the road twice.

W&M will be coming off of FBS games I hear, so that may help us too.

RichH2
August 14th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Ok Andy, guess you could call him a bit inconsistent. Hope the next one will be better

Andy
August 14th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Ok Andy, guess you could call him a bit inconsistent. Hope the next one will be better

He gave a football fan a lot to like, too, dont get me wrong. Bruce (a W & M alum) kept the budget football-centric and presided over the fantastic facilites improvement. Hopefully the next AD will keep the football emphasis while also improving the dreadful record of so many of our other sports. That will take $$$ (as will a move to scholarships) and Bruce moves on to help in that crucial area for LC.

Tribe4SF
August 14th, 2011, 02:14 PM
W&M will be coming off of FBS games I hear, so that may help us too.

Over time we have played very well the week following an FBS game. Lost a tough one 21-17 at UNC last year, and beat New Hampshire at their place the following week.

ngineer
August 14th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Wm & Mary is an excellent OOC game. One of the best road trips I've taken. Took the family and spent a four day weekend at Williamsburg back around '90. Maybe these upgrades in scheduling are a portent of things to come??

Pard4Life
August 14th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Yes and no... Tavani was disappointed we were tied into Ivy games as OOCs until 2010 or so, and now we finally have some scheduling flexibility. We are going to get an FCS game if we finally hit the equivalency number.

Go...gate
August 14th, 2011, 08:01 PM

That would not surprise me. He is far and away the WORST AD we have had in my memory.

GannonFan
August 15th, 2011, 10:54 AM

Don't think it's that, I think it's the insistence of PL teams to play straight home and homes that has changed. It sounds like a lot of these series are slanted in UD's favor in terms of home games (i.e. 2 in Newark, 1 on the road), or just in Newark (I don't think the Hens are playing in Lewisburg). PL teams weren't offering that before.