PDA

View Full Version : Stat of the game from the Mocs first scrimmage this afternoon...

chattanoogamocs
August 12th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Nick Pollard – 6/6 on FGs, 21, 23, 26, 39, 44, 47

Redshirt Freshman Nick Pollard was the Tennessee high school kicker of the year in 2009 and got injured last year in the pre-season...as many know, the Mocs struggled all last season in the kicking game and thus had to "go for it" an inordinate amount on 4th down, even in the redzone (they were using a WR who hadn't kicked since his junior year of high school as a back up)...so needless to say, Moc fans are pretty excited that Nick is healthy this year

Apphole
August 12th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Ha! Coulda used that guy last September

chattanoogamocs
August 12th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Ha! Coulda used that guy last September

Yup :(

(a healthy kicker might have gotten the Mocs a playoff spot last year)

Milktruck74
August 13th, 2011, 06:24 AM
A healthy Pollard and the Mocs go 8-3 last season with wins over ASU, and Jax St. Both teams were able to mount last minute heroic comebacks due to missed Field Goals, Extra Points and Going for it on 4th and long. I'm not calling him the team's savior, but I am saying things would have been different if they had a kicker.

TTUEagles
August 13th, 2011, 07:13 AM
I'm glad to see this guy doing well. Very disappointed that he changed his mind at/around signing day from his original committment to Tennessee Tech. But, I always heard a lot geat things about him...

blueballs
August 13th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Not to rain on anybody's parade here but how many has he made in game circumstances under pressure?

OL FU
August 13th, 2011, 10:27 AM
http://www.thetelecomblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Globalive-Rain-Parade.jpg
Not to rain on anybody's parade here but how many has he made in game circumstances under pressure?

longtimemocfan
August 13th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I think he will do well...Not sure how it will translate in real game experiences,but the coaches do some bizarre tatics to distract him in practice.
During under those circumstances he has to make a 30 maybe 40 yard field goal or the whole team has to run gassers if he misses.

OL FU
August 13th, 2011, 12:04 PM
I think he will do well...Not sure how it will translate in real game experiences,but the coaches do some bizarre tatics to distract him in practice.
During under those circumstances he has to make a 30 maybe 40 yard field goal or the whole team has to run gassers if he misses.

Understanding that it is different, there is no reason to think he won't do fine if he can kick 47 yarders in practice.