PDA

View Full Version : GWFC Preseason Poll---The last ever!!

darell1976
August 11th, 2011, 11:01 PM
http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/football/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=6489

1. Southern Utah (2) 20 pts.
2. Cal Poly (2) 19 pts.
3. UC Davis (1) 17 pts.
4. South Dakota 13 pts.
5. North Dakota 6 pts

NDSUFREAK
August 12th, 2011, 11:13 AM
http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/football/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=6489

1. Southern Utah (2) 20 pts.
2. Cal Poly (2) 19 pts.
3. UC Davis (1) 17 pts.
4. South Dakota 13 pts.
5. North Dakota 6 pts

Is und really going to be THAT bad this year?

darell1976
August 12th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Is und really going to be THAT bad this year?

No, but they only look at our record last year at 3-8 so I do see improvements this year...starting with the demolish of the Pistol offense.

Jacked_Rabbit
August 12th, 2011, 12:09 PM
I remember the good old days when the 2 original GWFC Dakota schools were picked (and would finish) in the Top of the Great West... Seems like just yesterday, actually. xrolleyesx

darell1976
August 12th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I remember the good old days when the 2 original GWFC Dakota schools were picked (and would finish) in the Top of the Great West... Seems like just yesterday, actually. xrolleyesx

Just imagine the conference if both SU's and UNC stayed in the Great West....UND, NDSU, USD, SDSU, UNC, Cal Poly, UC Davis and SUU. Would have made for great matchups.

Jacked_Rabbit
August 12th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Just imagine the conference if both SU's and UNC stayed in the Great West....UND, NDSU, USD, SDSU, UNC, Cal Poly, UC Davis and SUU. Would have made for great matchups.

And, if you remember, Utah Valley was one of the original GWFC members. They dropped football before the first Great West game was every played, however. I'm sure they'd be a powerhouse too! HAh....

TheBisonator
August 12th, 2011, 03:06 PM
And, if you remember, Utah Valley was one of the original GWFC members. They dropped football before the first Great West game was every played, however. I'm sure they'd be a powerhouse too! HAh....

That was St. Mary's CA, noy Utah Valley.

Libertine
August 12th, 2011, 03:08 PM

You're probably thinking of St. Mary's (CA). I don't think Utah Valley has ever had a football team.

Jacked_Rabbit
August 12th, 2011, 03:55 PM
That was St. Mary's CA, noy Utah Valley.

You're probably thinking of St. Mary's (CA). I don't think Utah Valley has ever had a football team.

I stand corrected - you're both right. I think this is the first time I've EVER been wrong... xlolx

frozennorth
August 12th, 2011, 04:01 PM

add un-o and minn-duluth.

bojeta
August 12th, 2011, 05:37 PM
In terms of 1st place votes, the voting looks pretty obvious: So Utah and UND voted for So. Utah, Cal Poly and SD voted for Cal Poly, Davis voted for Davis. Not enough members to make this vote even remotely scientific, however, I think it turned out about the same as it would have if there were 10 or more members. In then end, this season is going to be anything but predictable for just about all FCS teams and their conferences.

darell1976
August 12th, 2011, 05:52 PM
In terms of 1st place votes, the voting looks pretty obvious: So Utah and UND voted for So. Utah, Cal Poly and SD voted for Cal Poly, Davis voted for Davis. Not enough members to make this vote even remotely scientific, however, I think it turned out about the same as it would have if there were 10 or more members. In then end, this season is going to be anything but predictable for just about all FCS teams and their conferences.

We intend on making that statement true!!