PDA

View Full Version : After decades of waiting... Cal Poly Football will finally be televised

bojeta
August 11th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Cal Poly Athletics inked a 3 year deal with our local TV station:

SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. -- Cal Poly Athletics and KSBY Television have agreed to a three-year sponsorship package for advertising and promotions through Nelligan Sports Marketing, Inc., which includes live broadcasts of three Mustang home football games and a pair of men’s basketball home contests each year.

The agreement was announced by Cal Poly director of athletics Don Oberhelman and KSBY president and general manager Kathleen Choal.

“This partnership with KSBY will permit unprecedented access to Mustang Athletics,” said Oberhelman. “The fact that we will have several football games televised locally is great for our fans, not to mention the basketball games that will be aired.

crossfire07
August 11th, 2011, 03:23 PM
That will be good for people that can't make the games.

bojeta
August 11th, 2011, 03:33 PM
That will be good for people that can't make the games.

Agreed, but I believe it will actually help improve attendance. Once a larger group of local people start seeing the level of play and the excitement at Spanos Stadium, they'll want to be part of it. Especially the high school players at the 20 or so high school's within short driving distance. I will always be at the games, but I'm gonna love recording them for review as well.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 11th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Which games this year?

bojeta
August 11th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Which games this year?

They haven't released that yet. I'm gonna guess: Southern Utah, South Dakota and Eastern WA. I would say South Dakota State, but I'll bet it's too late for them to set it up with just three weeks to go.

Just did a follow-up and yep... those are the three home games they're broadcasting. They are also picking up the feed for the game against Montana in Missoula!!! I'm still gonna try and make the trip. Love that area.

Grizzaholic
August 11th, 2011, 05:43 PM
CONGRATS!!!

AppAlum2003
August 11th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Wait... people actually go inside their houses in Southern California?

Grizzaholic
August 11th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Wait... people actually go inside their houses in Southern California?

That is where the AC is located...well there and their cars.