PDA

View Full Version : Georgia State Football: Kelton Hill Gets 1 Game Suspension, On Practice Field

Tuscon
August 11th, 2011, 08:42 AM
http://www.panthertalk.com/2011/08/11/georgia-state-football-qb-kelton-hill-reinstated-on-practice-field/

Thank you, lord, baby jesus.

ValleyBoy
August 11th, 2011, 08:43 AM
The Next Cam Newton.

Tuscon
August 11th, 2011, 09:01 AM
The Next Cam Newton.

One can only hope.

superman7515
August 11th, 2011, 09:39 AM
So he's been cleared the charges but is still suspended? There's something missing in the story between those two points.

GSU Panther
August 11th, 2011, 09:55 AM
So he's been cleared the charges but is still suspended? There's something missing in the story between those two points.
He's been suspended for one game because he put himself and his teammates in this position in the first place. He has been cleared of all charges but the fact that he had to go through the whole ordeal of clearing his name and causing a distraction to the team is something an old-school guy like Curry doesn't overlook. Most coaches today would reinstate the kid right away, but Curry runs a tight ship, and this is a prime example of it.

Tuscon
August 11th, 2011, 10:19 AM

Honestly, I don't know what he did to get the suspension. It seems to me that if you are in a position to be accused for a crime, you're probably not doing something right in the first place. My first guess would probably be that he was doing something that violated team rules to get accused for burglary.

superman7515
August 11th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Gotcha.

straightshooter
August 11th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Will be a while before he can go full pads. I think the NCAA rule is five practices before a player can go full pads, so he'll be shorts and shells for a while since he missed all of the early practices.

panama
August 11th, 2011, 11:50 AM
The suspension of one game is from the Athletic department for the reasons stated above no doubt. CBC has not added his team penalties yet. CBC was on Barnhart and Durham this morning and stated that we will not see Kelton in a game until he has served out his team penalties and done what he needs to to get back.

Hammer22
August 11th, 2011, 12:19 PM
The Fulton County DA cleared Kelton of all charges. Great to hear this. I suspect this guy will come back more determined than ever.

crossfire07
August 11th, 2011, 01:42 PM
This kid is lucky. At a lot of places, he would be looking for another place to go to school. Just the fact he got arrested for a felony would do him in.

Hammer22
August 11th, 2011, 01:51 PM
A lot of places you are guilty before innocent? Thank God he isn't there.

crossfire07
August 11th, 2011, 01:58 PM
A lot of places you are guilty before innocent? Thank God he isn't there.

If he was not guilty as charged, why would he agree to this:

"The Fulton County District Attorney has decided not to pursue the charges as long as Hill graduates within four years, according to a letter sent from the Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard Jr. to Georgia State President Mark Becker. If Hill fails to graduate, the district attorney retains the right to revise the charges. The letter doesn’t specify that Hill has to graduate from Georgia State."

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-state-sports/2011/08/11/hill-readmitted-to-gsu-and-is-back-with-team/

Tuscon
August 11th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I'd rather have to graduate and have charges dropped even if I didn't do it than go through a trial, regardless of actual guilt.

kdinva
August 11th, 2011, 02:19 PM
This kid is lucky. At a lot of places, he would be looking for another place to go to school. Just the fact he got arrested for a felony would do him in.
It's that way in Lexington.........

crossfire07
August 11th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I am glad for him that he got a 2nd chance. Not everybody gets one.

Hammer22
August 11th, 2011, 02:21 PM
If he was not guilty as charged, why would he agree to this:

"The Fulton County District Attorney has decided not to pursue the charges as long as Hill graduates within four years, according to a letter sent from the Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard Jr. to Georgia State President Mark Becker. If Hill fails to graduate, the district attorney retains the right to revise the charges. The letter doesn’t specify that Hill has to graduate from Georgia State."

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-state-sports/2011/08/11/hill-readmitted-to-gsu-and-is-back-with-team/

Still to you, he is guilty before he has even had his day in court to be seen innocent. DAs don't have a 100% guilty rate.