PDA

View Full Version : New UNC coach suspends four from team

ncbears
March 26th, 2006, 09:24 AM
New head coach Scott Downing has suspended four players from the team after violating team rules. They weren't specific about what violations they broke. Two were starters. Cory Sleeth who was a starter at wide reciever and probably our second best reciever and Kurt Hout, DE who was our leading sacker last season. Jens Lundeen and Kacie Wolfe both saw playing time last season.

This sucks. I wonder what happened? Here's the article in the Greeley Tribune today:
http://greeleytrib.com/article/20060326/SPORTS/103260091

UNCBearsFan
March 26th, 2006, 11:56 AM
It certainly does suck not knowing the reason. Would be nice to know the reason.

slostang
March 26th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Were they suspended or dismissed? If they are suspended, did it say for how long? Sounds like Downey is laying down the law.

UNCBearsFan
March 26th, 2006, 12:43 PM
They were dismissed from the squad for violation of team rules.

DaBears
March 26th, 2006, 01:57 PM
They must have been pretty serious violations. You don't dismiss some of your star players for anything less than egregious violations. My speculation is that it would have to be a serious criminal matter because I can't think of anything else that would warrant summary dismissal.

ncbears
March 26th, 2006, 02:55 PM
My bad, the topic should have read "kicked off team" instead. They weren't suspended. We are really thin at wide- out and d-line so this doesn't help at all.
I also would like to know what happened to the players. At first I thought it might just be steriods, but usually that only warrants a suspension. This must have been something very bad. I don't know if we'll ever know.

GOKATS
March 26th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Sorry guys, not a good way to join the Big Sky. I hope things go ok from here on, but that had to hurt.

Looking forward to playing you in Nov. Hang in there.