PDA

View Full Version : Comegy And JSU Staff Scout Div I-A Practices

TexasTerror
March 26th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Props to Comegy for knowing that coaching is a 24/7/365 learning experience. Your always learning something new and Comegy is taking advantage of all the nearby I-A programs in Mississippi and even LSU to see what his coaches can learn to help his squad. I think the Texas St - San Marcos Bobcat coaching staff went to Oklahoma a few weeks ago to learn. Comegy is going to right that ship within two (maybe three) years and have Jackson St, the talk of the SWAC...

Learning continues during in-state tour
By Ian R. Rapoport
[email protected]

Jackson State's spring football practice sessions are long over. But that doesn't mean new coach Rick Comegy has allowed the learning to stop.

This week, Comegy took his coaching staff on an in-state football tour of sorts.

Tuesday, they watched Mississippi State's practice. Thursday, Ole Miss was the plan. On Friday, some were scheduled to see USM's practice, while others chose LSU.

"We just want to go out and see what other people are doing," said Comegy, who was hired in December to revive a once-proud JSU program. "Pick up some drills, kind of scan around, and try to see where we can improve, if we're doing the right things. We can measure what they're doing against what we're doing."

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060326/SPORTS030101/603260337/1073

mikebigg
March 26th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Nice post... JSU has a proud history and tradition. A huge rivalry with my beloved GMEN. Comegy's is a good coach and has the reputation of being a relentless recruiter and winning coach. Can't wait to whip his azz too (lol).