PDA

View Full Version : Live Games or TV?

eiu1999
August 9th, 2011, 04:43 PM
If you had the choice, would you watch all your teams games on tv or see them live in person?

Eaglesrus
August 9th, 2011, 05:53 PM
In person, without any question. Though a few will be on TV this year, I plan to attend them all in person.

Skjellyfetti
August 9th, 2011, 06:19 PM
In person.

NHwildEcat
August 9th, 2011, 06:25 PM
TV...more angles...sure the atmosphere isn't the same, but I can watch more games if there is a CAA doubleheader on!

bojeta
August 9th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Is this a serious question? LIVE is always preferable. If you want all the angles, record it!

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 9th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Absolutely live although if there's a ton of really good games on i might take the day off.

Here's one...

Home or Away? I actually like road games better.

DFW HOYA
August 9th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Being 1200 miles west, it's a trick question, but I'll say TV, because Georgetown could use some national awareness that it is playing football.

bluehenbillk
August 9th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Saying TV is insane - you have to be there in person!!

GoAgs72
August 9th, 2011, 09:55 PM
College games - in person
Pro games - on TV

Sader87
August 9th, 2011, 09:55 PM
There are FCS games on television????

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 9th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Pro games - on TV

Agree. The number of TV timeouts during NFL games are ridiculous. Overall, the games are shorter but the amount of down time is higher than college.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 9th, 2011, 10:02 PM

Well ones computer can pretty much double as a TV at this point.

I'm still trying to figure out how i'm going to survive without channelsurfing. The last 3 weeks of college hoops season was bad enough. That site was a gift from the heavens.

Milktruck74
August 10th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Live for my team, I like meeting up with all my old team mates and reliving the glory days.

For all others TV.
1. My Couch is much more comfortable then the bleachers.
2. I can drink GOOD Beer for about $2.00/can.
3. I get the replays.
4. I can watch the game in my drawers and nobody cares.
5. There is never a line at the bathroom

And If I really want the "Feel of the Game", I can piss in my own sink.

Smitty
August 10th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Neither?

appfan2008
August 10th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Every ASU game LIVE!

Otherwise TV is fine...

AppAlum2003
August 10th, 2011, 07:49 AM
I'd MUCH rather go to the game and sit with the group I always sit.

However, I'll admit it does suck missing the entire day of college football everywhere else. By the time I get home I get to catch the late ABC game, but I've missed everything else from the day.

crossfire07
August 10th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I am at all of our games and seeing them live is the ONLY way to go. TV does miss so much of the game. None of our home games will be on tv because we won't change our start time from 7 pm. I think they was pretty much told, if you want to carry our game, it starts at 7. Fans raised so much hell about it starting just an hour earlier, I thought it was going to be a reason to start a riot. For us, Saturday Night in The Hole is a tradition.

BEAR
August 10th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Live. It always seems that those that attend a game live vs. those who watch it on TV, even with replays, always seem to have the inside scoop on incident or plays that happened. The biggest thing that confounds me is those who want to watch a game from the "luxury suites" behind a big glass window. WTF? If i'm gonna watch a game behind glass, it's gonna be at home from the comfort of my chair with all my fav. beverages..xbeerdrinkx

Tuscon
August 10th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Live. It always seems that those that attend a game live vs. those who watch it on TV, even with replays, always seem to have the inside scoop on incident or plays that happened. The biggest thing that confounds me is those who want to watch a game from the "luxury suites" behind a big glass window. WTF? If i'm gonna watch a game behind glass, it's gonna be at home from the comfort of my chair with all my fav. beverages..xbeerdrinkx

That's because of commentary. Just bring a radio and put a headphone in one ear. You get commentary with the live experience.

crossfire07
August 10th, 2011, 02:47 PM
That's because of commentary. Just bring a radio and put a headphone in one ear. You get commentary with the live experience.

That is a good idea. I have this little radio I put in my bag that I bring in with our cowbells and listen to it when something happens I want info on right away. Nothing as horrible than listening to some idiot that does not know a damn thing about your team running their mouth and most of them are biased to one of the teams. Na, people can keep tv unless they have no other options.

BEAR
August 10th, 2011, 02:56 PM
That is a good idea. I have this little radio I put in my bag that I bring in with our cowbells and listen to it when something happens I want info on right away. Nothing as horrible than listening to some idiot that does not know a damn thing about your team running their mouth and most of them are biased to one of the teams. Na, people can keep tv unless they have no other options.

Radios are great but they usually lag a few seconds behind the plays. Plus they usually don't have much more of an idea of what happened anymore than the fan in the stands does. But I guess it's a different viewpoint. Last year at the McNeese game I saw so many times the refs looked at each other after a whistle...Heck, if they don't know what's going on...LOL

813Jag
August 10th, 2011, 02:58 PM
If at all possible live, it gets no better than being there.

GannonFan
August 10th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Pro games - on TV

I agree with this - atmosphere is great at college games, TV is a poor man's alternative. Pro games just feel sterile and just way too many timeouts. I hate that dreaded TD then commercial then kickoff then commercial run - god forbid there's a turnover right away and yet another commercial. Pro football is great on TiVo - wait to watch for about an hour after kickoff and you can skip through most of the commercials and still end the game on live tv.

biggie
August 10th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Prefer to watch live for App, but also DVR and DVD all games that are on TV. Usually go back and watch the TV game to see what I missed due to vantage point.

Though with aparently not getting any games on TV this year I guess that goes away for me.

crossfire07
August 10th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Radios are great but they usually lag a few seconds behind the plays. Plus they usually don't have much more of an idea of what happened anymore than the fan in the stands does. But I guess it's a different viewpoint. Last year at the McNeese game I saw so many times the refs looked at each other after a whistle...Heck, if they don't know what's going on...LOL

No lag on our station that carries it and Johnny knows what our team does and yours too! He has been at it a long time and knows all about the teams in the SLC. As for as the refs, you are soooo right about that.

Grizzaholic
August 10th, 2011, 05:05 PM

YES

Go...gate
August 10th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Live.

ngineer
August 10th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Absolutely in person. however, I think televising all the home games has helped reduce attendance. The counterbalance is that Lehigh gets broad exposure over the northeast region. College football afternoons is downright therapy for me.

ngineer
August 10th, 2011, 08:08 PM
I agree with this - atmosphere is great at college games, TV is a poor man's alternative. Pro games just feel sterile and just way too many timeouts. I hate that dreaded TD then commercial then kickoff then commercial run - god forbid there's a turnover right away and yet another commercial. Pro football is great on TiVo - wait to watch for about an hour after kickoff and you can skip through most of the commercials and still end the game on live tv.

Right on. I have no interest in battling the horrendous traffic, unruly crowds and excessive prices for the NFL game. TiVo is a godsend!

Grizo406
August 10th, 2011, 09:26 PM
See a game in person, here, and you'll have your answer!

MR. CHICKEN
August 10th, 2011, 10:04 PM
15976...AH'M DOIN'...DUH HOMERS...IN PERSON.....OTHERAH DAN 'NOVA/TOWSON.....COSTS AT DUH PUMP.....ARE CHOKIN'...DUH CHICKEN!!.......AWK!