PDA

View Full Version : Four QB's battle for UNC's QB position in spring drills

ncbears
March 25th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Since QB Nick Hager graduated, it's now a four horse race for Northern Colorado's QB position. Two QB's are from Greeley: James Schrenk and Brian Weideman. Cody Stone and T.J Swanson are the vets coming into camp. New head coach Scott Downing will implement a brand new system so they will be starting from scratch. Downing also mentioned we probably won't have a regular starter until Sept. 9th against PSU.
Transfer Dominic Brazealle isn't on campus yet and will join the team this fall.
Here's the article from the Greeley Tribune today.

http://greeleytrib.com/article/20060325/SPORTS/103250079

eagle1
March 25th, 2006, 11:26 AM
ncbear - I am excited to have you guys join the Big Sky Conference next year. Who do you think is going to come out of the spring as your starting QB? Is this JC guy (which is huge) going to be the guy? Its too bad that he can't come until fall. Best of luck and welcome to the Sky. Go Eagles!!!

ncbears
March 25th, 2006, 12:03 PM
ncbear - I am excited to have you guys join the Big Sky Conference next year. Who do you think is going to come out of the spring as your starting QB? Is this JC guy (which is huge) going to be the guy? Its too bad that he can't come until fall. Best of luck and welcome to the Sky. Go Eagles!!!

Thanks for the props Eagle1. Can't wait until the Big Sky competition starts and I think everyone in Greeley is pumped! As for the qb competition, I like T.J Swanson. He started a few games last season when Hager was hurt. He's got a great release and can stay in pocket. He's probably the favorite until Dominic Braezelle comes. Dominic is quit the athlete for a guy his size. Should be interesting.
We've also lost Reed Doughty who is should be drafted in the nfl this season. He's going to be hard to replace and someone is going to have to step up.
What's the deal with your qb sitution in E.Wa?

eagle1
March 25th, 2006, 01:14 PM
We are ready to hand the job over to Chris Peerboom, a junior out of Oregon, who should be ready to take over for Meyer. If Peerboom can't get it done then we have a RS Freshman, Nichols, out of California who could step in. We are going to probably end of running the ball alot more next fall because we are loaded at runningback with Senior Ryan Cole and Junior Dale Morris. We will have one of the best OLs in the conference and we will take advantage of their run blocking ability. As for defense, we have some solid safeties and LBs returning but lack experience in the secondary and DLs. We do have some outstanding athletes at those positions but just inexperienced. I am looking forward to our trip to Greeley next fall. What kind of atmosphere should the Eags expect on game day? Go Eagles!!!

ncbears
March 25th, 2006, 02:15 PM
I am looking forward to our trip to Greeley next fall. What kind of atmosphere should the Eags expect on game day? Go Eagles!!!

I think you guys make it down here for the home coming game. Should be a decent crowd. 8,000-10,000