PDA

View Full Version : Defending OVC Champ EIU Gets Ready to Kick Off

TexasTerror
March 24th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Head coach Bob Spoo gets ready for his 20th season and aims for his school's 11th bid in an NCAA I-AA playoffs this year as the Panthers will get practice started this next Monday on the campus of Eastern Illinois.

Seems like Spoo wants to encourage competition at QB where they have several transfers from I-A schools. Must be nice having your returning starting QB from a perfect OVC campaign and then having some gunslingers on the bench from I-AA squads. Those three transfers are Andre Brown from Northern Illinois, Cole Stinson from Ball State and Brodie Reeder from Wyoming.

----------
Panthers Begin Four Weeks of Spring Practice
Story Date: March 24, 2006

CHARLESTON, IL — Eastern Illinois University’s football Panthers, defending champions of the Ohio Valley Conference, will conduct 15 spring practice sessions over a four week period beginning Monday (March 27).

Spring drills will culminate with the spring intrasquad game at 10 am, Saturday, April 22 in O’Brien Stadium.

Eastern is coming off a 9-3 season, tenth appearance in the NCAA I-AA playoffs, No. 15 ranking in the final ESPN/USAToday poll, and perfect 8-0 record in winning the Ohio Valley Conference for the third time in 10 years as a league member.

“We’ve had another outstanding winter conditioning program leading up to this four week practice session,” said head coach Bob Spoo who is entering his 20th season.

http://www.eiu.edu/~sprtinfo/releases/football/06_spring_032406.htm