PDA

View Full Version : NDSU completes new locker rooms.

FargoBison
March 23rd, 2006, 08:57 PM
NDSU's new locker rooms are finally finished, here is a link to the story about NDSU's new football locker rooms at the Fargodome that have just been completed. The story starts on the 26:00 minute mark.

http://www.in-forum.com/av/asx/wdaytv6_80000.asx

And here is some of an article about the locker rooms from the Fargo Forum

Most of the Fargodome-attending public will not see nearly $3 million worth of stuff. Much of the project is located in the basement of the new dome entrance. The coaches’ offices will be on one end of the second floor. It is the brainchild of Bison head coach Craig Bohl, who first approached athletic director Gene Taylor about the concept almost three years ago.

“We were talking about renovating the (Bison Sports Arena) and he says, ‘Why don’t we go over to the dome?’ ” Taylor said of the football offices. “I said that can’t happen. He said, ‘Have you ever asked?’ ”

The result is expected to help recruiting. The entrance to the coaches’ offices will have three big plasma TV’s replaying the history of Bison football.The technology would make Bill Gates proud. Each coach will have a flat screen TV and that’s just a start.A theater-style meeting room that seats 120 will have all the bells and whistles. When the football team isn’t using it, the dome can book it.The football-only training room includes an exam room, offices and a whirlpool. The equipment room is big with private access to the locker room.

“This is our home,” Taylor said. “It’s not a place we come to six times a year.”

The project is expected to be done next spring.The city will install an escalator down to the floor level, add locker rooms and construct two more meeting rooms.A direct hallway from the basement level of the new entrance directly to the dome floor will be added to aid in attracting conventions. No seats will be lost with the entry way, which will come out at about the 50-yard line.

“We need players and this well help get them,” Taylor said

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=108942&section=Columnists&columnist=Jeff

roadwarrior
March 23rd, 2006, 10:02 PM
Actually only the coaches offices are done at this point. Work will begin on the locker room portion soon with completion before practice starts in August.

Hansel
March 24th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Actually only the coaches offices are done at this point. Work will begin on the locker room portion soon with completion before practice starts in August.
If NDSU is paying for the "theatre" and the dome rents it out, do we get any $$$?

GABison
March 24th, 2006, 11:36 AM
I liked Coach Bohl's comment about this addition/renovation being nicer than a lot of DIA programs. Makes you think he may be around for a while.:)

roadwarrior
March 24th, 2006, 12:16 PM
If NDSU is paying for the "theatre" and the dome rents it out, do we get any $$$?

Some of the work being done on the lower level is being paid for by NDSU and other work is being paid for by the Fargodome. I am not sure which is paying for the meeting rooms and theater, but I am sure that it is dealt with in the lease agreement. Maybe a reduction of what NDSU pays, if the dome rents the space built by NDSU out to others?

JMU2K_DukeDawg
March 24th, 2006, 01:18 PM
These renovations / upgrades make a huge difference in a program. At JMU, once we had our internal facelift, recruits come to see the locker room facilities and work out rooms and they are impressed. We have I-A facilities now for our players, and that helps in an area where many schools are competing for the same players (Maryland, VT, UVA, W&M, Delaware, Richmond, etc.) We were lucky enough to piggyback onto some legislation that helped make funds available to UVA for their new fieldturf, and so we too are getting it this year, and W&M is looking into it as far as I know...

Anyway, Good luck and a wise move on your administration's part - you are sure to see dividends in the near future.