PDA

View Full Version : Phil Steel's FCS Preview IN HAND!!

bojeta
August 4th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Haven't opened it yet. Here goes!!!

401ks
August 4th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Got mine here in Southern California today, as well.

(By the way, bojeta... I may become a Mustangs fan next season. It looks like I'm moving to the Morro Bay/San Luis Obispo area at the end of the year.)

bojeta
August 4th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Excellent! I guarantee you will enjoy games at Spanos. Morro Bay is a really nice place to live. You're gonna like it!

crossfire07
August 4th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I ordered mine today!

cpalum
August 4th, 2011, 04:43 PM

(By the way, bojeta... I may become a Mustangs fan next season. It looks like I'm moving to the Morro Bay/San Luis Obispo area at the end of the year.)

Congrats on the move 401ks. I left Morro Bay/SLO when I graduated and I tell you if I could figure out a way to make a living there Id move back in a heartbeat. Enjoy....and Go Poly

ursus arctos horribilis
August 4th, 2011, 05:01 PM

It's a cool school to hitch the wagon to 401 so I'm sure you'll enjoy some games there and SLOStang hasn't been around too much lately but he's a good one to enjoy a beer with and the Mustang Club tailgate is a pretty good one from what I hear.

DJKyR0
August 4th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Still considering rustling together the funds to order a copy. Pretty good?

401ks
August 4th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Still considering rustling together the funds to order a copy. Pretty good?

YES!

xthumbsupx

401ks
August 4th, 2011, 07:29 PM
It's a cool school to hitch the wagon to 401 so I'm sure you'll enjoy some games there and SLOStang hasn't been around too much lately but he's a good one to enjoy a beer with and the Mustang Club tailgate is a pretty good one from what I hear.

I'm a bit sorry that I probably won't be able to take in any SLO games this season. I've got my own high school team to worry about. (Two-a-days start in two weeks!)

I've always liked the whole San Luis Obispo area and felt that Poly was a fantastic school. I'm assuming that I'll be spending a lot of time in SLO, but I want to be able to at least walk to the ocean (if not see it) from my home. Morro Bay is right on the ocean and just a short drive from SLO.

ngineer
August 4th, 2011, 09:21 PM
My copy arrived today. After initial scan, I am very pleased. If you are a stat freak it is unbelieveable. Can't believe all this information just for the FCS schools. Excellent!!

bojeta
August 4th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Too many distractions (honey-dos) to get too into it, but I like what I've seen. Of course the info on your own team will be a little redundant since you've probably researched it all yourself by now, but to see the detailed stats on all other teams, along with commentary from coaches etc. is great!! Don't agree with all the predictions and I've already come across a contradiction where he places Cal Poly low in the conference and then later pegs them as the favorite (two different members of his staff I suspect), but we all know the pre-season predictions are BS anyhow. This will be a valuable tool in making more informed pics and following the progress of each team and conference. It will definitely make this FCS season more enjoyable.