PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette Losing Another Coach

ngineer
March 23rd, 2006, 11:56 AM
Saw in the Morning Call today that another Lafayette assistant is becoming the new HC at D-III Franklin & Marshall. Don't have the article in front of me, but I think his name was Troxell and was the backfield coach.
LC now learning one of the prices of success--others want your staff. It's amazing how much 'movement' there is among the coaching ranks. there is a real 'network' out there that is in constant motion. I remember Lembo telling me he always kept a list of potential coaches in his desk in the event we had an assistant leave (which occured frequently) and he'd immediately go to the list and contact the top three for interest.

Coastal89
March 23rd, 2006, 11:58 AM
I wish someone would call for our OC at Coastal. He's not well liked or highly regarded here.

carney2
March 23rd, 2006, 12:15 PM
John Troxell, Lafayette Class of '94, was a DB on Russo's teams in the early 90's. Good player. Good coach. Most recently he was the recruiting coordinator and running backs coach.

Wildman
March 23rd, 2006, 12:24 PM
Here's the link to the Lancaster, PA article.

http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/21530

Pards Rule
March 23rd, 2006, 01:12 PM
Trivia: what link is there with Franklin & Marshall & Lafayette currently?

carney2
March 23rd, 2006, 01:31 PM

Just a guess, but Arthur Rothkopf and Ben Franklin both used Avery Brundage to advise them on basketball scholarships.

colgate13
March 23rd, 2006, 01:55 PM
Just a guess, but Arthur Rothkopf and Ben Franklin both used Avery Brundage to advise them on basketball scholarships.

:lmao:

Good one!

Pards Rule
March 23rd, 2006, 03:23 PM
John Fry, President of F&M, is a 1982 Lafayette grad.

Pard94
March 23rd, 2006, 04:21 PM
Trox and I played together. he's a hell of a guy and he wins wherever he coaches...coincidence? I think not. I am sure he's going to kick ass. Little known fact about John Troxell...I gave him his first collegiate coaching job as the Offensive coordinator for the Delta Gamma Women's Flag Football team. The women of Delta Gamma were undefeated champs that year!

Congratulations to John...he deserves it. And I would be shocked if John isn't someday the HC for Lafayette.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 23rd, 2006, 05:07 PM
This could be a very interesting sign for Lafayette football. Obviously they have newfound respect throughout the northeast, but more important for us Lehigh fans hungry for a win against the "Spotted Ones" is that this is the first time in the past 3 years that Lafayette has seen any turnover in staff.

I have a heaping amount of respect for Lafayette's coaching staff the past two years, and I'm sure the two that were lost will do great at their new jobs.

ngineer
March 23rd, 2006, 06:01 PM

They're both 'dips?' ;) (Sorry couldn't help it.) For those unfamiliar, the nickname of Franklin & Marshall is The Diplomats...:D

Pards Rule
March 24th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Pard94, I remember Trox playing days quite well. I'm sure it was difficult for him to leave the lair. I agree - I would love to see him become HC at LC someday. Ngineer, good try: I answered my own question on that: John Fry, the Dips President, is a 1982 LafCol grad!