PDA

View Full Version : Sneak peek into the 'new' GSU.

Baldy
March 23rd, 2006, 11:49 AM
Spring practice starts Saturday, but we got a little teaser today from the athletic department about position changes.

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/tools/getstory.aspx?storyid=1016

OL FU
March 23rd, 2006, 11:59 AM
This is the first time that I am as interested in another team's future performance as Furman's. ALMOST. Alot of the switches make sense. It should be interesting to see a freshman run the offense (that is not the option).

Isn't the O-Line going to be small for the multiple O? What kinda changes to you think we will see there or is it just a matter of time and recruiting.

ButlerGSU
March 23rd, 2006, 12:07 PM
The athletic department also released a nice Q&A with BVG

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/tools/getstory.aspx?storyid=1011

MACHIAVELLI
March 23rd, 2006, 01:02 PM
Oh you mean Georgia Southern

GaSouthern
March 23rd, 2006, 01:12 PM
Oh you mean Georgia Southern

Yes, The Real GSU :smiley_wi

March 23rd, 2006, 01:18 PM
Yes, The Real GSU :smiley_wiUh-oh, here we go again. xlolx

BTW, GaSU head coach Brian Vangorder will be a guest on this coming week's I-AA WAVES.

FCS_pwns_FBS
March 23rd, 2006, 02:00 PM
Uh-oh, here we go again. xlolx

BTW, GaSU head coach Brian Vangorder will be a guest on this coming week's I-AA WAVES.

I'm there.

FCS_pwns_FBS
March 23rd, 2006, 02:02 PM
Whoa, someone beat out Chris Griffin for #1 QB? If Griffin is as good as I hear he is, the number 1 guy ought to be awesome.

ButlerGSU
March 23rd, 2006, 02:13 PM
Whoa, someone beat out Chris Griffin for #1 QB? If Griffin is as good as I hear he is, the number 1 guy ought to be awesome.

No one has won the QB position yet. BVG is quoted as saying "they are all starting from the same line."

MACHIAVELLI
March 23rd, 2006, 02:21 PM
Yes, The Real GSU :smiley_wi

The real GaSU. :rolleyes:

ButlerGSU
March 23rd, 2006, 02:31 PM
The real GaSU. :rolleyes:

Can't be real till you play in the playoffs...

March 23rd, 2006, 02:56 PM
GSU and GaSU have played in the I-AA playoffs...

...here comes the six flags reference :)

Baldy
March 23rd, 2006, 02:56 PM
:lmao:

Oh how true. :nod:

ButlerGSU
March 23rd, 2006, 03:02 PM
:lmao:

Oh how true. :nod:

Baldy and I can find common ground in the football fourms, it's a beautiful thing. :smiley_wi

AppGuy04
March 23rd, 2006, 03:32 PM
I think all of I-AA will be wondering how GSU will do this year

Eagle_77
March 23rd, 2006, 03:33 PM
This is the first time that I am as interested in another team's future performance as Furman's. ALMOST. Alot of the switches make sense. It should be interesting to see a freshman run the offense (that is not the option).

Isn't the O-Line going to be small for the multiple O? What kinda changes to you think we will see there or is it just a matter of time and recruiting.

Back on topic here. I saw new new OC speak today at the Savannah Eagle Club lunch and he said that we are a little small at the tackle positions right now but they are looking at a few possible transfers that they fill are pretty much a go that are in the 6'5 and 6'6 range. We also recruited 5 lineman this year that all range from 6'3 1/2 to 6'5. I doubt that group will see much playing time this year but the transfers could possibly make a huge difference on the ends where the size really matters in the up comming season. He said that he could not give us any more information on the players due to rules and so on.

MACHIAVELLI
March 23rd, 2006, 03:59 PM

Someone needs I-AA History 101.

GrizzlyEdd
March 23rd, 2006, 06:14 PM
Wouldn't it be a hoot if GSU went to an all out passing offense and won another six NCs....:p

Hope all goes well for the Eagles and their new coach. Wouldn't be the same around I-AA if they weren't in the middle of the NC race...

Good Luck...

ButlerGSU
March 24th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Wouldn't it be a hoot if GSU went to an all out passing offense and won another six NCs....:p

Hope all goes well for the Eagles and their new coach. Wouldn't be the same around I-AA if they weren't in the middle of the NC race...

Good Luck...

Thanks Grizz, same to you. By the looks of it you all are in for a great year in 2006.

OL FU
March 24th, 2006, 10:10 AM

Good Luck...

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :p :p :p

BITE YOUR TONGUE

JMU2K_DukeDawg
March 24th, 2006, 01:06 PM
No team East of the Mississippi is giong to be a perenial power anymore. We have so much more parity than 10-20 years ago, and that will continue to bring a new variety of teams to the NC table every year.

It won't be the same, but it'll be a hell of a lot more fun for the entire I-AA nation! :nod:

OL FU
March 24th, 2006, 01:35 PM
No team East of the Mississippi is giong to be a perenial power anymore. We have so much more parity than 10-20 years ago, and that will continue to bring a new variety of teams to the NC table every year.

It won't be the same, but it'll be a hell of a lot more fun for the entire I-AA nation! :nod:

Things change and change quickly. For example, it was only six seasons ago that GaSU won their last one.

Parity exist today, it may not tomorrow. Let's don't short change past winners:p Some of us have been in the hunt for the last 20 years:rolleyes: