PDA

View Full Version : Montana State AD Interview

TexasTerror
July 30th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I am not sure if I missed this elsewhere, but the Montana State AD discusses the WAC and some other notes regarding their athletic department, the Big Sky, etc...

5). Has Montana State been in any conversation or discussions with WAC Commissioner Karl Benson, regarding the programs immediate or distant future?

I've had a conversation with Karl. I have indicated to him the same preference.
We're happy where we are at the FCS level and we can enjoy successes with our conference. We're going to stay here and that's the message I indicated to Karl.

http://www.utsatailgaters.com/other/articles/exclusive-sit-down-wmontana-state-ad

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I like that MSU's AD in that quote is not wishy washy about this. Good job Fields.xthumbsupx

CopperCat
August 1st, 2011, 05:31 AM
Field doesn't like taking risks or giving out information that is vague. He spells it out clearly, MSU isn't going anywhere. That should pretty much end the speculation.

TexasTerror
August 1st, 2011, 06:35 AM
The WAC has made it clear that they'll not re-open the expansion situation until early 2012.

The main reason is that no schools from FCS will announce a move to FBS until after the completion of the season due to issues with the playoffs. I still do not see the Montana schools making the move. There's no benefit for them to do so, particularly considering what has occurred in the WAC as it pertains to geography.