PDA

View Full Version : UNI AD - Could Leave for I-A AD Job?

TexasTerror
March 22nd, 2006, 07:37 AM
Wasn't Hartzell mentioned for that job at New Mexico last month? According to this article in the Times Picayune here in New Orleans, the Tulane AD removed himself for the AD search at SMU, but there's a list of candidates that includes Hartzell, the well known AD and official from UNI.

What's the word from all those folks from under the UNIDome on this one? On another note, SHSU plays SMU in football this year...

The announcement from Dickson, 51, came one day after reports speculated he was a leading candidate for the job at SMU, which like Tulane, is a member of C-USA. Other candidates mentioned in connection with SMU's search are Navy's Chet Gladchuk, a former Tulane athletic director, Wyoming's Gary Barta and Northern Iowa's Rick Hartzell.

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-22/114301107383720.xml

MYTAPPY
March 22nd, 2006, 08:33 AM
Wow.....Time for changes at UNI?...
They lose McDermott and now possibly the AD.....who is next?

dbackjon
March 22nd, 2006, 10:08 AM
I wouldn't think that SMU would be much of a step up from UNI.

igo4uni
March 22nd, 2006, 04:04 PM
Hartzell, UNI's AD, turned down the New Mexico job.

He's staying at UNI.

Bub
March 22nd, 2006, 04:07 PM
Technically I don't think he turned down the job at New Mexico, rather they informed him he wasn't getting the job and allowed him to withdraw his name fron consideration.

TexasTerror
March 22nd, 2006, 05:20 PM
Technically I don't think he turned down the job at New Mexico, rather they informed him he wasn't getting the job and allowed him to withdraw his name fron consideration.

That is my inclination, especially if he's mentioned as being a candidate for another AD job...

igo4uni
March 22nd, 2006, 07:12 PM
Hartzell withdrew his name for consideration.

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2006/03/11/news/metro/b6f491cab346bcda8625712e0019e7ea.txt

Hard to tell from the article if he was informed the job wasn't his and he was allowed to withdraw his name.

igo4uni
March 22nd, 2006, 07:15 PM
That is my inclination, especially if he's mentioned as being a candidate for another AD job...

I have not heard anything about him being a candidate for another AD job. Any hints??

I would love to keep Hartzell at UNI.

Reed Rothchild
March 22nd, 2006, 07:32 PM
Wow.....Time for changes at UNI?...
They lose McDermott and now possibly the AD.....who is next?

The President of the school has resigned as well. Definitely a state of flux at UNI.

My opinion is that Hartzell is shopping for a new job. Its pretty obvious if his name has shown up in 2 searches now.

The good thing is that the coaching staff was able to survive the raid by Terry Allen at MSU. We only lost 2 coaches to him and Hartzell was able to give Farley a raise and keep Salmon and QB coach Verduzco around.

TexasTerror
March 22nd, 2006, 07:51 PM
I have not heard anything about him being a candidate for another AD job. Any hints?? I would love to keep Hartzell at UNI.

Read the initial post. Has a link suggesting he's a candidate at Southern Methodist Univ (SMU) in Dallas, TX...

crunifan
March 22nd, 2006, 10:41 PM
Hartzell is a class act, and a great athletic director. He has had UNI's interests completely at hand and has built UNI into a national name.

Because of our success in football and basketball, UNI is becoming a name sports fans across the nation are very familiar with. Even with the all the changes, there has never been a better time to be a Panther and a lot of that is due to Hartzell's hard work!