PDA

View Full Version : Something I felt needed to be said

bjtheflamesfan
July 27th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I know that this is the FCS Discussion but after a week away to do some thinking, I figured that since most of the people that needed to see this post in this section, I thought Id post it here.

As many of you are certainly aware, I have developed quite a "reputation" around here for being very draconian in how I handle my moderator duties and as a result I have upset a lot of people and certainly undermined UAH's attempts to return AGS to a vibrant discussion board where people can discuss the best division in NCAA football (and the only one with a TRUE champion at the Division I level).

That being said I wanted to say to the AGS community that I am sorry. I acted in a way that does not live up to the standards of the board as a whole and treated a number of you with disrespect. You all are adults and I should treat you as such (even if we dont necessarily agree the majority of the time). I know that it would take quite some time to at least mend bridges and fences that Ive broken over the past year and certainly over the past few months, but I wanted to ask for forgiveness from you all and it is my hope that this is the first step in what will no doubt be a very long process for me of changing my image on this board.

HL

EdubAlum
July 27th, 2011, 11:43 AM
You couldn't have been too harsh. Citdog is still a member of the board. :)

ursus arctos horribilis
July 27th, 2011, 11:58 AM
I know that is from the heart because I, in no way, prompted HL to do this.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 27th, 2011, 12:02 PM
You couldn't have been too harsh. Citdog is still a member of the board. :)

And he will continue to be. I think this is part of what HL is saying there...people can disagree, have the discussion, and so forth and there is usually not a need to step in ask that another point of view be clamped down on.

Tribe4SF
July 27th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I know that this is the FCS Discussion but after a week away to do some thinking, I figured that since most of the people that needed to see this post in this section, I thought Id post it here.

As many of you are certainly aware, I have developed quite a "reputation" around here for being very draconian in how I handle my moderator duties and as a result I have upset a lot of people and certainly undermined UAH's attempts to return AGS to a vibrant discussion board where people can discuss the best division in NCAA football (and the only one with a TRUE champion at the Division I level).

That being said I wanted to say to the AGS community that I am sorry. I acted in a way that does not live up to the standards of the board as a whole and treated a number of you with disrespect. You all are adults and I should treat you as such (even if we dont necessarily agree the majority of the time). I know that it would take quite some time to at least mend bridges and fences that Ive broken over the past year and certainly over the past few months, but I wanted to ask for forgiveness from you all and it is my hope that this is the first step in what will no doubt be a very long process for me of changing my image on this board.

HL

Sheeesh! What a wuss.

andy7171
July 27th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Is HL really dback? Because that post was totally gay. :D

bjtheflamesfan
July 27th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Well hey I think its refreshing when a mod can own up to acting like a power tripping jackwagon (which is more than can be said for some people in leadership of this country...)

Grizzaholic
July 27th, 2011, 12:29 PM

haha

Dane96
July 27th, 2011, 12:32 PM

OMG...I amost spit and shat out my chicken salad sub all at once.

Post of the year nomination...

...love ya dback!

StorminASU
July 27th, 2011, 12:41 PM

As many of you are certainly aware...yada, yada, yada....

HL

You know how I know you're gay? I read your post.

OMG...I amost spit and shat out my chicken salad sub all at once.

Post of the year nomination...

...love ya dback!

You know how I know you're gay? Because you're eating a chicken salad sub.

Does your husband ever post on here ma'am? Amirite?

Dane96
July 27th, 2011, 12:45 PM
You know how I know you're a hillbilly? Do I need to continue....

bjtheflamesfan
July 27th, 2011, 12:47 PM
you know how I know you both need a girlfriend...need I say more...

Dane96
July 27th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Only one girlfriend? Stop thinking small my friend....

Side Judge
July 27th, 2011, 12:57 PM
My suggestion to replace the AGS Terms of Service with The Liberty Way has apparently fallen on deaf ears...

Grizzaholic
July 27th, 2011, 01:05 PM
My suggestion to replace the AGS Terms of Service with The Liberty Way has apparently fallen on deaf ears...

Thank JEBUS. Do your ideas ever work out? Do they always suck?

RabidRabbit
July 27th, 2011, 01:06 PM

Careful you heathen!! :p I'll bring in the Oral Bob squad! xlolxxlolx

Welcome back HL! Count to ten before moderating xwhistlex

Side Judge
July 27th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Thank JEBUS. Do your ideas ever work out? Do they always suck?

My ideas don't have to work out. By definition you have to obey my whims, given my lofty status. On your knees toad.

Now who's sucking?

Grizzaholic
July 27th, 2011, 01:11 PM
My ideas don't have to work out. By definition you have to obey my whims, given my lofty status. On your knees toad.

Now who's sucking?

I had a meeting with Ursus yesterday afternoon. You were discussed at length. Better shape up or your job might be given to SomeonE else.

bjtheflamesfan
July 27th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I talked to HL...he is going to to the best he can to keep in the background and not try to act like the "new law in town" or things like that.

TheRevSFA
July 27th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I had a meeting with Ursus yesterday afternoon. You were discussed at length. Better shape up or your job might be given to SomeonE else.

Ooh..ooh pick me!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Wqt5EAkz84Y/TTHWu8oM4YI/AAAAAAAAD0o/e-C58EInH0c/s400/shrek-donkey.jpg

Tribe4SF
July 27th, 2011, 01:15 PM

Now that was good!

LeadBolt
July 27th, 2011, 01:17 PM

Now who's sucking?

You're one of Obama's czars, aren't you?

chattownmocs
July 27th, 2011, 01:19 PM
When do I get moderator status?

bjtheflamesfan
July 27th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Well Grizza if this Someone Else doesnt have better grammar and Syntax than I do, that might be quite the colossal Error in judgement

Grizzaholic
July 27th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Well Grizza if this Someone Else doesnt have better grammar and Syntax than I do, that might be quite the colossal Error in judgement

Stick to posting **** like this and everyone will get along fine.

Grizzaholic
July 27th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Side Judge, you wouldn't happen to have any Olympic pics handy, do ya?

andy7171
July 27th, 2011, 02:11 PM

Fantastic comeback!

Side Judge
July 27th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Side Judge, you wouldn't happen to have any Olympic pics handy, do ya?

Just this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFMKlGa9miA

bjtheflamesfan
July 27th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Fantastic comeback!

Knew he had it in him...

Grizzaholic
July 27th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Just this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFMKlGa9miA

HAHAHAHA