PDA

View Full Version : Freshmen QBs Performance Highlights The Citadel's Spring Game

TexasTerror
March 20th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Impressive performance by a pair of freshman QBs through the air and on the ground. Should we expect to see a lot out of these two? What's the word from the SoCon bunch on here about The Citadel's two freshman QBs? Which one will take the cake and the starting job?

The Citadel Blue and White Game a Success
More than 300 Bulldog fans filed into Johnson Hagood Stadium for the annual spring football game on Saturday afternoon.

March 18, 2006

Charleston, S.C. - A lot of excitement filled the air on Saturday as over 300 Bulldogs fans entered Johnson Hagood Stadium to take a peak at what's to come in fall 2006 at the annual Blue and White Spring Football Game.

A weekend full of excitement with the celebration of the Corps' birthday and the honoring of former football player Marc Buoniconti, was topped off with an inter-squad scrimmage to conclude the Bulldogs' spring football season.

"We put our players in a lot of situations," The Citadel Head Coach Kevin Higgins said about the scrimmage that consisted of a series of drills. "I think we made a lot of progression on special teams and other than the snapper and quarterback exchange, I think our offensive functioned well."

Freshman quarterback Steve Tumbleston had a solid performance for the White team, completing 15 of 25 attempts for 259 yards and three touchdowns. He also added eight rushes for 28 yards and a touchdown. Freshman quarterback Ben Carnell also had a positive performance with a total of 79 yards, completing 10 of 19 passes for two touchdowns. He also carried the ball six times for 23 yards, averaging 3.83 a carry.

http://citadelsports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/031806aab.html

BULLDOG8180
March 20th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Hard to tell, Carnell ended the season as the starter, Tumbleton was redshirted last year. Duran Lawson, the starter from the beginning of last season, did not participate in the scrimmage, he is still recovering from injury from last season.
It is very positive to have young QBs with the ability to move the team.
However, with our schedule- we may need a lot of QBs.

colgate13
March 20th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Higgins will make El Cid a contender again. Watch.

youwouldno
March 20th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Maybe, though I'm skeptical. In any case, they won't be contending in 2006. Higgins is still mostly working with players from the previous regime.

BULLDOG8180
March 20th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Maybe, though I'm skeptical. In any case, they won't be contending in 2006. Higgins is still mostly working with players from the previous regime.

They have some talent returning. Had a great recruiting class. But, with their schedule, will be hard pressed to make it over .500.

Has to be one of the toughest if not the toughest 1-AA schedule in the country.