PDA

View Full Version : APPY STATE FANS...OCTOBER 22,2011...MARK IT DOWN !

blazrdog#1
July 25th, 2011, 05:40 PM
We WILL upset you on your own field !xnodxxnodx:D:D

I-16Bandit
July 25th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Not happening.

Skjellyfetti
July 25th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I really enjoyed y'all's last trip up the mountain. :D

http://www.vimeo.com/6772819

jmufan999
July 25th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Any particular reason why?

blazrdog#1
July 25th, 2011, 05:50 PM
That IS what we are KNOWN for doing every year thus far in the SoCon !

Skjellyfetti
July 25th, 2011, 05:52 PM

Just to clarify.... against teams other than App State. Georgia Southern most notably.

Apphole
July 25th, 2011, 05:52 PM

That's funny, I don't recall ever losing to you

Apphole
July 25th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Ok charades time. Guess who I am

Alright children! If you're gonna act like a child, then I'm gonna spank you like one! This is a smack thread and I've had it. I have no power and no one respects me but I still reserve the right to scold you!

There I beat him to it

blazrdog#1
July 25th, 2011, 05:56 PM
There IS a first time for everything and this is THE year..Appyhole!

phoenixphanatic21
July 25th, 2011, 06:38 PM
blazrdog vs. chattownmocs.

Who wins?

Apphole
July 25th, 2011, 06:48 PM

Who wins?

I'd say the chances of Lil Sammy beating App are much higher than chattown saying something intelligent.

asumike83
July 25th, 2011, 06:51 PM

You need a ticket? I have 2 season tickets but will be in Vegas for a bachelor party that weekend. I'll even make you a deal: purchase the ticket(s) from me at face value and I'll give you your money back if you pull off the upset.

Apphole
July 25th, 2011, 06:51 PM
There IS a first time for everything and this is THE year..Appyhole!

Is your name intended to be blazr-dog or blazrd-OG(as in really high and an original gangsta) I vote the later. You must be stoned to start a thread like this. If that really is your intended name, I like it and you will really enjoy a trip to the HIGH country. Except of course when we hang 50 points on ya.

Eaglesrus
July 25th, 2011, 07:10 PM

Who wins?

Nobody?

SideLine Shooter
July 25th, 2011, 08:28 PM

Somebody Smokin some Bad Stuff!!!

boonedocks
July 25th, 2011, 10:09 PM

Who wins?

Nobody?

xlolxxlolx
Haha, beat me to it. Nice.

bjtheflamesfan
July 26th, 2011, 06:39 AM
I think somebody has been smoking the 50, 40, 30 AND 20 yard lines, lives in a house that used nothing but lead paint AND ingested large quantities of glue growing up (and probably still does)

AtlantaMountaineer
July 26th, 2011, 07:32 AM
We picked Samford as our Homecoming opponent for a reason.

StorminASU
July 26th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Ok charades time. Guess who I am

Alright children! If you're gonna act like a child, then I'm gonna spank you like one! This is a smack thread and I've had it. I have no power and no one respects me but I still reserve the right to scold you!

There I beat him to it

Oh, oh I got this...Who is Head Linesmen Alex?

Apphole
July 26th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Oh, oh I got this...Who is Head Linesmen Alex?

Correct!!

pike51
July 26th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Mark it down - Samford wins 0 conference games this year. :) (friggin' WCU and Citadel had better back me up on this one)

cannonballgsu
July 26th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I think somebody has been smoking the 50, 40, 30 AND 20 yard lines, lives in a house that used nothing but lead paint AND ingested large quantities of glue growing up (and probably still does)

Samford may be smoking the 50, but they can't get any further than that.

TheRevSFA
July 26th, 2011, 09:29 AM
you gotta like his enthusiasm though.

appfan2008
July 26th, 2011, 10:46 AM
You need a ticket? I have 2 season tickets but will be in Vegas for a bachelor party that weekend. I'll even make you a deal: purchase the ticket(s) from me at face value and I'll give you your money back if you pull off the upset.
Good idea you wont have to worry about a thing!

JROCK98
July 26th, 2011, 01:27 PM

BRING IT!!!!

citdog
July 26th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Mark it down - Samford wins 0 conference games this year. :) (friggin' WCU and THE Citadel had better back me up on this one)

xnonox

The Eagle's Cliff
July 27th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Just to clarify.... against teams other than App State. Georgia Southern most notably.

And pretty much everyone has been "upsetting" Georgia Southern since 2006: Central Connecticut St., Central Arkansas, SD St., Elon, Samford, NDSU, Chattanooga and we struggled with Coastal Carolina, West Georgia, and Western Carolina. Hell, even The Citadel beat us not to mention the humiliating thumping in Boone 2009.

Samford won last year because we were playing without a QB.

asumike83
July 27th, 2011, 08:56 AM
And pretty much everyone has been "upsetting" Georgia Southern since 2006: Central Connecticut St., Central Arkansas, SD St., Elon, Samford, NDSU, Chattanooga and we struggled with Coastal Carolina, West Georgia, and Western Carolina. Hell, even The Citadel beat us not to mention the humiliating thumping in Boone 2009.

Samford won last year because we were playing without a QB.

If I were a GSU fan, my only concern would be that tendency to play down to your competition. The good thing is you seem to play up to your competition as well which will help assuming you make the playoffs, because I know y'all always bring your A-game to Boone.

klak
July 27th, 2011, 09:35 AM
If I were a GSU fan, my only concern would be that tendency to play down to your competition. The good thing is you seem to play up to your competition as well which will help assuming you make the playoffs, because I know y'all always bring your A-game to Boone.

Hopefully the days of playing down to our competition are coming to an end. I would really like to blow out some bad teams this year. I'm tired of being nervous all game. :\

ursus arctos horribilis
July 27th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Hopefully the days of playing down to our competition are coming to an end. I would really like to blow out some bad teams this year. I'm tired of being nervous all game. :\

I always wonder if it is really the good team playing down. That is the same thing that is said about Montana and it may be true but I think it has a lot more to do with the other team really focusing for that particular game a lot of times.

I'm not breaking any new theories there or anything but I've seen us get some games from PSU, ID State, etc. that would have had them winning a lot of other games in any given year with that same level of effort.

dgtw
October 16th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Game week bump.

Jiggs
October 16th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Mark it down - Samford wins 0 conference games this year. :) (friggin' WCU and Citadel had better back me up on this one)

And your next prediction?

Squealofthepig
October 16th, 2011, 11:43 PM
And your next prediction?

I will make a bold prediction that one out of every three threads on AGS will, inexplicably, somehow, become uninteresting UND/NDSU spit-fests.

Gringer1
October 17th, 2011, 01:13 AM
I will make a bold prediction that one out of every three threads on AGS will, inexplicably, somehow, become uninteresting UND/NDSU spit-fests.

xoutofrepx

gasoutherneagle
October 17th, 2011, 03:20 AM
HA HA... Samford fans gettin' uppity. Now, that's funny. xlolx

Especially since, for once in the last few seasons, it ain't right after the Georgia Southern game! xrotatehx

Go Apps
October 17th, 2011, 05:29 AM
I am thinking it will be a good game - but I think App may have found their Offense this past weekend - don't get excited about the 42 pts that Citadel scored it was 49-14 at one point in the third App just fell asleep and Citadel should have never had two Tds in the first half - and it is coming up on homecoming the place will be packed!

GaSouthern
October 17th, 2011, 05:44 AM
I honestly think Samford stands a chance and if the ball bounces their way a few times they can pull off the upset.

Who is ASU going to go with at QB?

appfan2008
October 17th, 2011, 09:37 AM
better jamal jackson... so much better... the place will be popping this saturday should be awesome!

Apphole
October 17th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Lil Sammy will **** themselves at the Rock

SoCon48
October 17th, 2011, 10:18 AM

It's App State or Appalachian State not "Appy State."

Twentysix
October 17th, 2011, 10:39 AM

Who wins?

Is mocs driving that train?

GlassOnion
October 17th, 2011, 11:18 AM
This will probably be the game App puts all the pieces together, so good luck Sammy. We finally have a very dangerous offense, a great arm, two 100 yard rushers, and recievers all over the field getting looks from the QB. With what happened in the 3rd qtr, its doubtful Jackson cramps up again, or that the coaches pull the plug early again. The defense should be bringing the blitz down again, now that we're off the Triple O.

biggie
October 17th, 2011, 11:25 AM
We'll see if Samford is ready for fall yet as well, high of 50 and low of 30 Saturday it looks like.

Main concern is all the injuries on D for App.

gasoutherneagle
October 17th, 2011, 01:11 PM
It's App State or Appalachian State not "Appy State."

...Unless you FREAKIN' HATE APPY STATE! This is like the third or forth thread that I've seen where you keep correcting it. DEAL WITH IT! We ain't gonna comply.

Hell, I go one farther... because (as my wife tells me daily) I'm an arsehole... and say CrAppy State. Why? I'm a Southern alumnus and the only thing I hate WORSE then CrAppy is FUMUN!xlolx

HEY-OH!!!xrotatehx

asumike83
October 17th, 2011, 01:26 PM
...Unless you FREAKIN' HATE APPY STATE! This is like the third or forth thread that I've seen where you keep correcting it. DEAL WITH IT! We ain't gonna comply.

Hell, I go one farther... because (as my wife tells me daily) I'm an arsehole... and say CrAppy State. Why? I'm a Southern alumnus and the only thing I hate WORSE then CrAppy is FUMUN!xlolx

HEY-OH!!!xrotatehx

I really don't mind Appy, especially when it is just some good-natured fun coming from Georgie. I wouldn't expect you to be able to spell Appalachian correctly anyways!

I am, however, disappointed that you hate Furman more. Aren't we the ones that you have a losing record against all-time?

gasoutherneagle
October 17th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I really don't mind Appy, especially when it is just some good-natured fun coming from Georgie. I wouldn't expect you to be able to spell Appalachian correctly anyways!

YEAH! You see this? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Sorry asumike, you just became the example. I'm not the least bit shocked or even perturbed that asumike here called us Georgie (hell, surprised it was that mild). It's expected. I'm (as an ol' AGS vet) even gonna overlook the stupidity toward spelling reference. It's EXPECTED! When other fans STOP poking fun at your school's name, etc. then you should be worried. Because, then you are irrelevant (<<HA... see that, I spelled it on the first try without spell-check).

asumike83
October 17th, 2011, 01:41 PM
YEAH! You see this? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Sorry asumike, you just became the example. I'm not the least bit shocked or even perturbed that asumike here called us Georgie (hell, surprised it was that mild). It's expected. I'm (as an ol' AGS vet) even gonna overlook the stupidity toward spelling reference. It's EXPECTED! When other fans STOP poking fun at your school's name, etc. then you should be worried. Because, then you are irrelevant (<<HA... see that, I spelled it on the first try without spell-check).

Yes, I take other schools hating Appalachian as a compliment. Nobody hates Western, do they? I will just have to take you at your word on the spell-check!

gasoutherneagle
October 17th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Nobody hates Western, do they?

Well, outside of Boone... but that's a traditional rival. Yes, exactly.

gasoutherneagle
October 17th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Sorry. Duplicate. One too many button clicks.

Apphole
October 17th, 2011, 01:58 PM
That's cool. You'll always be THE STINK to me. Get in line though, every school in the conference considers us their rival. We're kind of a big deal

gasoutherneagle
October 17th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Ooo-Kay. So what do you consider Southern (or THE STINK as you call us)? And, you're not our "Rival." You're our "rival." xlolx

pike51
October 17th, 2011, 02:46 PM
http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/at-first-i-was-like.jpg

asumike83
October 17th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Ooo-Kay. So what do you consider Southern (or THE STINK as you call us)? And, you're not our "Rival." You're our "rival." xlolx

I suppose admitting that your "rival" leads the all-time series against you is easier than admitting that your "Rival" does. Makes sense.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 17th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I suppose admitting that your "rival" leads the all-time series against you is easier than admitting that your "Rival" does. Makes sense.

Games that happened before World War II don't count.xscanx

asumike83
October 17th, 2011, 04:02 PM

Really? While we are erasing games from the record, can we get rid of '04 too?!

Just busting balls. My point is that it is silly to act like a team is not worthy of being your rival when the all-time series is 13-12-1, or 5-5 in the last decade if you prefer recent history.

SpeedkingATL
October 17th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Should be a good game this weekend and nice to play a traditional offense for a change. The Sammy o-line better be ready as there is going to be a lot of pressure in the backfield. I thought the ASU offense looked better than it's looked since the AE era last weekend and Jamal Jackson reminds me of a bigger version of Richie Williams at QB.

gasoutherneagle
October 17th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Since SOUTHERN resurrected football in 82 the record is 10-10

T-Dog
October 17th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Since SOUTHERN resurrected football in 82 the record is 10-10

Don't care. Look at the sig. xcoffeex

Speaking of the game this weekend, JJ just got the nod to start over Presley.

MaxASU'81
October 17th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Just Announced Jamal jackson get his second start.

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=205318262

We could fall flat on our butts this week....who knows with 18-22 year olds....but I have to like what I saw in Chucktown....and Presley will be able to play too!

SoCon48
October 17th, 2011, 07:55 PM

HEY-OH!!!xrotatehx

CLASSY POST!

SoCon48
October 17th, 2011, 07:59 PM

Let's see. It was college football. They kept score. So yes, they count.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 17th, 2011, 08:26 PM
CLASSY POST!

I'm not sure he was even going for that. It's just a bonus.

Skjellyfetti
October 17th, 2011, 08:28 PM

Just because y'all cried uncle after we whooped you 59-0 in 1939 and threw in the towel for 48 years... doesn't mean that the games before y'all decided to try again don't count. xrulesx

gasoutherneagle
October 18th, 2011, 02:47 AM
CLASSY POST!

Just stating the obvious. I could have gotten smacky, but kept it crisp and clean with no caffeine.

So stop: xbawlingx

biggie
October 18th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Brewer and Baker-Boney out of the game this week hurts. We'll see what D shifts happen and if Presley does some RB and well as WR.

asumike83
October 18th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Brewer and Baker-Boney out of the game this week hurts. We'll see what D shifts happen and if Presley does some RB and well as WR.

Baker-Boney is not as concerning to me as losing Brewer. We came into the season thin at OLB with the loss of Wray, even more so now that Tanyi has moved back to the DL. Kimbrough, Grier and Rizor will all stay put in the LB corps but I don't know who would replace Brewer at the bandit spot. Maybe McGowan or Justin Lloyd? McGowan has better size but I'm not sure about his pass-rushing skills. Wouldn't be surprised if they put Tanyi right back at the bandit spot for this game and went with Robinson, Wylie and Blair on the line.

With Cadet and Miller playing well, I think we have the depth to get by without Baker-Boney for a week.

asu3peat
October 18th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Lloyd has been splitting time with Brewer so we shouldn't see a dramatic drop off. We'll probably see McGowan and Z.Baker make appearances in the LBing corp as well. Bottom line is the defense must stop Truss and force Samford to be 1-dimensional on offense.

ASUMountaineer
October 18th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Just stating the obvious. I could have gotten smacky, but kept it crisp and clean with no caffeine.

So stop: xbawlingx

Yeah, not a big deal. I've seen your bretheren do worse.

phoenix3
October 18th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Lloyd has been splitting time with Brewer so we shouldn't see a dramatic drop off. We'll probably see McGowan and Z.Baker make appearances in the LBing corp as well. Bottom line is the defense must stop Truss and force Samford to be 1-dimensional on offense.

This you will not do. I expect ASU to win but it will be close.

Apphole
October 18th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I don't think Sammy's offense will be as effective as usual in the FCS' most difficult venue to win in.

ASUMountaineer
October 19th, 2011, 10:49 AM
This you will not do. I expect ASU to win but it will be close.

Are you a betting man?

It seems to me a fast start on offense (like last week) and a couple of stops by the ASU defense could help force Samford to be one-dimensional. Will that happen? Who knows...but, stranger things have happened (like 14-12 for our Chat buddy).

EagleTrump
October 19th, 2011, 07:25 PM
You would think with such a bold statement that maybe more of those bug-eyed bulldogs would come support their fellow fan...guess he's one of two that think Sammy can actually pull it off this weekend...I'm personally a little weary of playing in Boone this year...hell, I'm weary of every game because of that #1 bullseye on our back. Well...not too worried about this week but I've seen how people play against a well ranked opponent since App came to Statesboro last year. Best homecoming ever...can't wish the same for the Appy guys this week although I think it will go swimmingly. Esp with the new starter.

SU DOG
October 19th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Most of us bug-eyed ones are not even sure the guy that started this thread is really a Samford Fan. Naturally I am hoping for the upset, but I am also realistic and understand what we are up against playing in Boone - been there. It is nice even now, however, to see Samford getting some respect. I well remember that first year and the threads on this Board that predicted us to be the SoCon cellar dweller for the unforeseeable future. No, we haven't exactly been upper tier, but we have been competitive most of the time, and hopefully we are heading upwards.

asumike83
October 19th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Most of us bug-eyed ones are not even sure the guy that started this thread is really a Samford Fan. Naturally I am hoping for the upset, but I am also realistic and understand what we are up against playing in Boone - been there. It is nice even now, however, to see Samford getting some respect. I well remember that first year and the threads on this Board that predicted us to be the SoCon cellar dweller for the unforeseeable future. No, we haven't exactly been upper tier, but we have been competitive most of the time, and hopefully we are heading upwards.

Definitely a better team that I expected coming into the season and don't worry, Western unfortunately does not look ready to relinquish their hold on the SoCon cellar anytime soon.

GSC75
October 19th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I don't think Sammy's offense will be as effective as usual in the FCS' most difficult venue to win in.

ya'll are playing at Paulson Stadium?... :)

Apphole
October 19th, 2011, 09:09 PM
ya'll are playing at Paulson Stadium?... :)

No the louder, nicer one with more people in Boone, NC. It's called "the Rock."

dgtw
October 19th, 2011, 11:08 PM
A Samford smack thread turns into an Appy/GSU pissing contest. Amazing.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
October 22nd, 2011, 05:30 PM

I have one extra-large crowshake and a double serving of crow. Would you like some fries with that?

SpeedkingATL
October 22nd, 2011, 05:42 PM
Sammy not as tough as expected today. Surprised the Apps had 500+ yards against them. With Wofford losing today looks like the GaSo game is Apps chance to sneak back into a tie at the top. Glad the game is being played at "The Rock".

Guess blazrdog#1 can go back into hibernation for another non playoff year....

gasoutherneagle
October 22nd, 2011, 07:07 PM
With Wofford losing today looks like the GaSo game is Apps chance to sneak back into a tie at the top.

You can dream, Speedking... YOU CAN DREAM!