PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Eugene scores a 41 on the Wonderlic test

MACHIAVELLI
March 19th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Someone sent this to me in an email. (Pay site)ESPN.com/Scouts, inc. analyst Todd McShay's

-------------------

quote:
Updated: Feb. 28, 2006

Young, Vick fail under pressure
Insider
McShay
By Todd McShay
Scouts Inc.
Archive

The official scores from the Wonderlic Tests taken at the combine were released. As usual, there were some interesting results. Texas QB Vince Young did indeed take the test twice. The league has been tight-lipped regarding his first score, but the higher score of his two attempts was a 15. Young's score was bad, but not the worst of this year's quarterback class. That honor goes to Virginia Tech's Marcus Vick, who scored an 11 on the test.

A perfect score is 50, and the highest score any player posted in this year's class was a 41 (Oklahoma DT Dusty Dvoracek). The lowest score of this year's class was an eight (Syracuse DE Kader Drame, Alabama ILB Freddie Roach, Louisville DT Montavious Stanley, N.C. State TE T.J. Williams and Oklahoma DC Chijioke Onyenegecha), and the average score of all the quarterbacks was a 24.6.

The Wonderlic Personnel Test (WPT) is a short-form intelligence test that measures players' ability to think on their feet, follow directions and make effective decisions under pressure. While Young and Vick exposed their weaknesses in those areas, other quarterbacks shined. Grambling's Bruce Eugene (41), Montana State's Travis Lulay (37), USC's Matt Leinart (35) and Oregon's Kellen Clemens (35) all posted impressive scores.

SUjagTILLiDIE
March 19th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Way to go Big Bruce.:D

March 19th, 2006, 02:00 AM
Brainy Bruce!

MACHIAVELLI
March 19th, 2006, 02:32 AM
Highest QB scores recorded:
Jason Maas-43 (1999)
Drew Henson-42 (2003)
Hugh Millen-41 (1986)
Bruce Eugene-41 (2006)
source:
http://www.unc.edu/~mirabile/Wonderlic.htm

TexasTerror
March 19th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Jason Maas-43 (1999)
Drew Henson-42 (2003)
Hugh Millen-41 (1986)
Bruce Eugene-41 (2006)

Did any of those three above mentioned guys (since Eugene is not in the NFL yet) accomplish anything? Henson obviously went to the baseball minors and is trying to stick with the NFL...not sure what to make of him. Never heard of Jason Maas (looked him up, played one NFL preseason game and then wente CFL) and Hugh Millen just had that one season where he saw a lot of time with the Patriots, while being a backup the rest.

Hansel
March 19th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Someone sent this to me in an email. (Pay site)ESPN.com/Scouts, inc. analyst Todd McShay's

-------------------

quote:
Updated: Feb. 28, 2006

Young, Vick fail under pressure
Insider
McShay
By Todd McShay
Scouts Inc.
Archive

The official scores from the Wonderlic Tests taken at the combine were released. As usual, there were some interesting results. Texas QB Vince Young did indeed take the test twice. The league has been tight-lipped regarding his first score, but the higher score of his two attempts was a 15. Young's score was bad, but not the worst of this year's quarterback class. That honor goes to Virginia Tech's Marcus Vick, who scored an 11 on the test.

A perfect score is 50, and the highest score any player posted in this year's class was a 41 (Oklahoma DT Dusty Dvoracek). The lowest score of this year's class was an eight (Syracuse DE Kader Drame, Alabama ILB Freddie Roach, Louisville DT Montavious Stanley, N.C. State TE T.J. Williams and Oklahoma DC Chijioke Onyenegecha), and the average score of all the quarterbacks was a 24.6.

The Wonderlic Personnel Test (WPT) is a short-form intelligence test that measures players' ability to think on their feet, follow directions and make effective decisions under pressure. While Young and Vick exposed their weaknesses in those areas, other quarterbacks shined. Grambling's Bruce Eugene (41), Montana State's Travis Lulay (37), USC's Matt Leinart (35) and Oregon's Kellen Clemens (35) all posted impressive scores.
Great showing by Bruce and Lulay :)

MR. CHICKEN
March 19th, 2006, 08:54 AM
DUH CHOW.....BRUCESTER ATE.....MUSTA BEEN BRAIN FOOD!...:p....AWK!

Catmendue2
March 19th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Did any of those three above mentioned guys (since Eugene is not in the NFL yet) accomplish anything? Henson obviously went to the baseball minors and is trying to stick with the NFL...not sure what to make of him. Never heard of Jason Maas (looked him up, played one NFL preseason game and then wente CFL) and Hugh Millen just had that one season where he saw a lot of time with the Patriots, while being a backup the rest.

What's your point? Is Bruce too smart to play in the league now, TT.

March 19th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Did any of those three above mentioned guys (since Eugene is not in the NFL yet) accomplish anything?...They were pro quarterbacks.

gram4life
March 19th, 2006, 10:06 AM

TT posts information that others on this board would like to read, he isn't being negative this is him providing valuable information to the readers.

Then some people on here wonder why we comment the way we do, about TT. HE IS A HATER, PLAN AND SIMPLE.

Oh and TT you had no problem questioning Bruce's intelligence on a previous board, don't think we forgot that, HATER

PAllen
March 19th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Jason Maas-43 (1999)
Drew Henson-42 (2003)
Hugh Millen-41 (1986)
Bruce Eugene-41 (2006)
source:
http://www.unc.edu/~mirabile/Wonderlic.htm

Didn't Ryan Fitzpatrick from Harvard score a perfect score on this test?

March 19th, 2006, 10:21 AM
http://www.unc.edu/~mirabile/Wonderlic.htmThis site has Bruce with a 21, so does the blog.

The '06 class' scores (mostly from college workout days) are as follows:
Travis Lulay, 37
Matt Leinart, 35
Charlie Whitehurst, 33
Josh Betts, 33
Jay Cutler, 26
Kellen Clemens, 26
Brodie Croyle, 24
Bruce Eugene, 21
DJ Shockley, 19
Reggie McNeal, 19
Bruce Gradkowski, 19
Tarvaris Jackson, 19
Erik Meyer, 18
Vince Young, 16

http://wonderlic.blogspot.com/2006/03/2006-qb-scores.html

Catmendue2
March 19th, 2006, 10:33 AM
This site has Bruce with a 21, so does the blog.

The '06 class' scores (mostly from college workout days) are as follows:
Travis Lulay, 37
Matt Leinart, 35
Charlie Whitehurst, 33
Josh Betts, 33
Jay Cutler, 26
Kellen Clemens, 26
Brodie Croyle, 24
Bruce Eugene, 21
DJ Shockley, 19
Reggie McNeal, 19
Bruce Gradkowski, 19
Tarvaris Jackson, 19
Erik Meyer, 18
Vince Young, 16

http://wonderlic.blogspot.com/2006/03/2006-qb-scores.html

These were unofficial scores. ESPN is reporting the true scores. Bruce scored an official 41.

March 19th, 2006, 10:38 AM
I was wondering... Mach gave that link and I followed it to see the 21,, and the blog that gave the same... never did see the 41.

Catmendue2
March 19th, 2006, 10:41 AM
I was wondering... Mach gave that link and I followed it to see the 21,, and the blog that gave the same... never did see the 41.

The official story is on the SWACpage.

MACHIAVELLI
March 19th, 2006, 10:52 AM

It was there when I posted the info. I had heard about Bruces score on March 4th (it wasn't 21). I was waiting for it to be released officially.

Here is the link to the original story
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=2373838&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fdraft06%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist %3dmcshay_todd%26id%3d2373838

Purple Knight
March 19th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Guess Ingle Martin (Furman) didn't take the test?

TxSt02
March 19th, 2006, 01:04 PM
doubt he had a 41...

MACHIAVELLI
March 19th, 2006, 01:08 PM
doubt he had a 41...

Why?

TxSt02
March 19th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Why?

Just doubt anybody getting a 41... it is hard to get that kind of a score on that test...

i am sure you wanted me to say something else...

March 19th, 2006, 01:16 PM
doubt he had a 41...txst02, not many score that high, congrats to Lulay and Eugene. I won't lose any respect for Ingle if he did not score that high.

MACHIAVELLI
March 19th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Just doubt anybody getting a 41... it is hard to get that kind of a score on that test...

What else did I want you to say?

Catmendue2
March 19th, 2006, 02:30 PM

Must not be cause he actually made that score and not the one you were hoping for. :hurray:

gram4life
March 19th, 2006, 02:46 PM

But people have scored that or better on the test, do you doubt the other people who have scored better than 41?

March 19th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Just doubt anybody getting a 41... it is hard to get that kind of a score on that test... i am sure you wanted me to say something else...Yeah, does anyone know what Barrick Nealy got?

JohnStOnge
March 19th, 2006, 08:15 PM
After watching his second game against McNeese, I'm actually not surprised. I'm not sayiing I could've predicted he would've done well on this test, but there's no question that he was able to make good decisions very quickly under a lot of pressure during that game.

TexasTerror
March 19th, 2006, 08:47 PM
What's your point? Is Bruce too smart to play in the league now, TT.

Nope, that Wonderlic does not determine much to do about nothing...it's definitely bonus points for Eugene, but it doesn't mean success...

Eugene has a long way to go to move up the draft board as you've seen all the draft boards that have him being a non-drafted FA or not even an FA at all. A good score is great to have and shows what kind of intelligence he has, but I do not see what it makes Eugene as a QB...

Does it make him a better passer? A better leader? Give HIU93 reason to call me a racist? No, no and no. Just proving a point that Wonderlic doesn't mean much...if there's a "tie", it may boost someone, but I do not see it hurting nor helping, especially a QB like Eugene...

Catmendue2
March 19th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Nope, that Wonderlic does not determine much to do about nothing...it's definitely bonus points for Eugene, but it doesn't mean success...

Eugene has a long way to go to move up the draft board as you've seen all the draft boards that have him being a non-drafted FA or not even an FA at all. A good score is great to have and shows what kind of intelligence he has, but I do not see what it makes Eugene as a QB...

Does it make him a better passer? A better leader? Give HIU93 reason to call me a racist? No, no and no. Just proving a point that Wonderlic doesn't mean much...if there's a "tie", it may boost someone, but I do not see it hurting nor helping, especially a QB like Eugene...

All we have your opinion and thats not clear. ;)

March 19th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Nope, that Wonderlic does not determine much to do about nothing...it's definitely bonus points for Eugene, but it doesn't mean success...TT, please. This thread is about the wonderlic score of Bruce Eugene, nothing about how it translates into success in the NFL as a player. As you say, it is bonus points... go ahead and congratulate him for it. :nod:

McNeese75
March 19th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Hell, I will throw in for Bruce. The guy makes quick decisions, delivers the ball quickly and is really shifty for his size. He also is obviously an intelligent fellow so congrats to him and good luck in finding a home in the NFL. xprost2x

Actually, I think he has a better chance of playing QB at the next level than Barrick Nealy does and Dustin Long did. :nod:

"FLAME ON"

mikebigg
March 19th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Hell, I will throw in for Bruce. The guy makes quick decisions, delivers the ball quickly and is really shifty for his size. He also is obviously an intelligent fellow so congrats to him and good luck in finding a home in the NFL. xprost2x

Actually, I think he has a better chance of playing QB at the next level than Barrick Nealy does and Dustin Long did. :nod:

"FLAME ON"

You make a valid point... I wish some folk could separate how they may feel about Grambling, The SWAC, or whatever their hangup is towards this young man and accept the fact that this is a very talented football player.
I'm not a professional scout, but I consider myself a pretty good judge of talent. Bruce is a talent, plain and simple. Last year, he matured into the vocal and assertive leader that Grambling fans had been waiting on.

He blossomed under Coach Melvin Spears who finally gave him full reign of the offense. The year away from the game helped him to focus and get a complete grasp of the offense. The young man is a student of the game... that plus talent usually lends itself to success in the NFL. The real key for Bruce will be keeping the weight off. I personally think he can and will do just that. He's matured and the pay from the NFL is a major incentive.

I'm proud of Bruce and Happy for him and the other young man (qb) who scored well on this test. We should be happy to say that the two highest scores for qb came from our ranks. Instead, some choose to make light of the accomplishment. What pisses me off (sorry Ralph) is that if Bruce would have scored very low, it would be a big deal to these same people. Sad that folk could root against a kid for no valid reason...:nono:

3rd Coast Tiger
March 19th, 2006, 11:19 PM
We should be happy to say that the two highest scores for qb came from our ranks.

Well said mikebigg.

March 19th, 2006, 11:26 PM
I wonder if mikebigg can feel my smile when he writes "our ranks" and means from I-AA.

darussian12
March 20th, 2006, 12:54 AM
there's smart athletes in I-AA football...who would have thought...i thought all the athletes that knew anything and amounted to anything went to play I-A football and we were left with the scrubs....:-)....congrats to Eugene even though i don't know a single thing about him and as Ralph asked I would love to know Nealys score...i would put money on that its better then the 15 or 16, depending on who you listen to, that the QB 30 minutes north from us got :-)... eat 'em up

MACHIAVELLI
March 20th, 2006, 01:04 AM
congrats to Eugene even though i don't know a single thing about him

BruceEugene.com (http://www.BruceEugene.com)

March 20th, 2006, 01:24 AM
... congrats to Eugene even though i don't know a single thing about him... Yeah, the NFL is holding out on the Wonderlic scores for the first time... damage control no doubt.

As for not knowing about Bruce... here's one link, he's set so many records that we'll be waiting for a long time for them to be broken.

http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/bruceeugene.htm

This is from his final Bayou Classic game notes (waaaaay shortened to fit here and he had one more game after that):
#10 Bruce Eugene
Senior * 6-1 * 260 * Quarterback * New Orleans, LA *
Walter L. Cohen High School
2005 Season:
-Spring 2005 Graduate in General Recreation
-Has a 26-8 record as a starter
-All-America Candidate
-Walter Payton Award candidate
-All Louisiana candidate
-All Southwestern Athletic Conference candidate
-Second team preseason All-Southwestern Athletic Conference selection
-Number seven ranked Division I-AA quarterback prospect in the nation by The Sports Network
-Is currently ranked on Grambling State’s career passing list in the following categories: completions (1st,806), attempts (1st,1,528), passing yards (1st,12,397) and passing touchdowns (1st,124)
-Is the Louisiana Collegiate record holder in the following categories: career total offense (13,530); single season offensive plays (680, 2002 season); career touchdowns (124);
-Is the school’s single season record holder in the following passing categories: yards (4,455), completions (285) and touchdowns (43)
-Is the school’s career total offensive yards leader with 13,530 yards of total offense on 1,836 plays. Is the only player in school history to have over 10,000 career yards of total offense
-He is the only player in school history to have over 10,000 career passing yards and the sixth in the SWAC to have ever reached this plateau.
-Is currently ranked third in the Southwestern Athletic Conference in career passing yards
-Is currently ranked third on the Louisiana Collegiate list in career passing yards.
-Has completed 188 of 327 passes for 3,275 yards and 40 touchdowns versus three interceptions for a 180.15 efficiency rating. Has also rushed 58 times for 83 yards including two scores.
-Is currently ranked among NCAA Division I-AA leaders in the following categories: points responsible for (1st, 27.0); total offense (2nd, 386.0 ypg); passing efficiency (2nd) and completions per game (15th,20.63pg)

2004 Season:
-Number one Division I-AA quarterback prospect in the nation by The Sports Network
-Preseason First Team Division I-AA All-America selection by The Sports Network
-Preseason First Team Division I-AA All-America selection by Athlon Sports magazine
-Preseason First Team Division I-AA All-America selection by I-AA.org Magazine
-Preseason Southwestern Athletic Conference Offensive Player-of-the-Year

2003 Season:
-Walter Payton Award runner-up by The Sports Network
-The Sports Network Division I-AA All-America first team selection
-Associated Press Division I-AA All-America second team selection
-All-Louisiana Football Team second team selection
-Completed 285 of 528 passes for 3,805 yards and 34 touchdowns while rushing 94 times for 412 yards including six scores on the season
-Completed 26 of 48 passes for 409 yards including three touchdowns while rushing eleven times for 80 yards in team’s 41-44 loss to Southern University in 2003 State Farm Bayou Classic XXX. Also in this game, he completed two of his longest passes of his career which were touchdown passes for 74 and 76 yards.
-Surpassed former head coach Doug Williams’ school career passing record of 8,411 yards.
-Street and Smith’s magazine’s Division I-AA preseason Player-of-the-Year
-Was picked as the top Division I-AA quarterback prospect in the country by The Sports Network
-Preseason Southwestern Athletic Conference Player-ofthe- Year
-Street and Smith’s magazine’s preseason Black College Player-of-the-Year
-Athlon Sports magazine Division I-AA preseason All- American
-Street and Smith’s magazine Division I-AA preseason All-American
-The Sports Network Division I-AA preseason All- American
-Don Hansen’s Weekly Football Gazette Division I-AA preseason All-American

2002 Season:
-Helped to lead the team to a 11-2 record en route to both the Sheridan Sports Network Black College and Southwestern Athletic Conference championships in his first year as a starter
-Was a finalist for The Sports Network’s Walter Payton Award which is given to the top NCAA Division I-AA Offensive Player-of-the-Year
-Consensus offensive Player-of-the-Year selection by the Pigskin Club of Washington D.C., 100% Wrong Club, Sheridan Sports Network Black College and the SWAC
-Was a consensus All-American selection by the Sheridan Sports Network Black College (first team) and The Sports Network (third team) along with being an All-Louisiana college first team selection
-Was named the SWAC’s Offensive Player-of-the-Week five times
-Completed 269 of 543 passes for 4,455 yards including 43 touchdowns
-Rushed for 535 yards on 137 carries including nine touchdowns
-Accounted for 4,990 yards of total offense on 680 plays
-Averaged 386 yards of total offense and was responsible for 24.77 points per game
-Has completed passes to of six or more receivers in eight games
-Led the nation (I-AA) in both total offense and points responsible for
-Was also nationally ranked in passing (10th) and passing efficiency (19th)
-Is the SWAC’s single season record holder in both total offensive plays and passing attempts
-Is Grambling State’s passing record holder where he broke several of former Grambling State great and former head coach Doug Williams’ passing records in yards (season and game), attempts (season and game), completions (season and game) and touchdowns (season and game) along with marks for total offensive yards and plays
-Had nine games in where he threw for more 300 yards or more including five with 400 yards or more while being on a current seven game streak
-Is on a current 13 game streak in which he has thrown a touchdown in
-Had four games where he was responsible for seven touchdowns
-Best game was when he completed 25 of 51 passes for 373 yards and four scores while rushing 18 times for 135 yards and three touchdowns against Jackson State on October 26th
-Completed 23 of 38 passes for 374 yards including a school record of seven touchdowns against Arkansas-Pine Bluff in the Red River Classic on October 19th
-Completed 24 of 54 passes for a school record of 532 yards including five touchdowns while rushing 17 times for 30 yards and a score against Texas Southern on November 2nd
-Completed 21 of 41 passes for 465 passes and five scores while rushing eight times for 66 yards and two touchdowns against Morris Brown College on November 16th
-Completed a school record of 31 of 54 passes for 412 yards and three touchdowns against Langston on September 28th
-Completed 19 of 41 passes for 422 yards including three touchdowns while rushing four times for 33 yards and a score against Tennessee State in the Las Vegas Classic on September 21st.

2001 Season:
-Completed 51 of 101 passes for 693 yards including seven scores while rushing for a score
-In his first career start, he completed 29 of 58 passes for 349 yards including three touchdowns while running for another in a 38-45 loss to Alabama State on November 3rd.

mikebigg
March 20th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Yes Ralph, I meant "us" as 1AA... we're a part of this classification and I personally like to see all of the 1AA's do well againist D1 competition, even on Wonderlic Test. But you know what...I have nothing but "Best of Luck" to all these players. They represented their schools and now they are trying to get some of all dat NFL money.

I loved checking out the link on Mach's post. Bruce has a wonderful attitude and is enjoying the entire process...it shows on those smiles that he gives on each picture. I would root for this kid even if he wasn't Grambling.

March 20th, 2006, 01:56 AM
Bruce, Travis, Erik, Barrick, Tarvaris and all the other I-AA QBs going for pro contracts need to be encouraged (glad to talk to most of them on I-AA WAVES). Whether they set records or not, they are living their dream. Go for it boys and remember, you went to college to get an education in case it doesn't work out on the pro field.

Kill'em
March 20th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Yes Ralph, I meant "us" as 1AA... we're a part of this classification and I personally like to see all of the 1AA's do well againist D1 competition, even on Wonderlic Test. But you know what...I have nothing but "Best of Luck" to all these players. They represented their schools and now they are trying to get some of all dat NFL money.

I loved checking out the link on Mach's post. Bruce has a wonderful attitude and is enjoying the entire process...it shows on those smiles that he gives on each picture. I would root for this kid even if he wasn't Grambling.
Well put! I've only seen him play once but I was impressed with how cool he was in the pocket. It gives me a sense of pride to see a I-AA prospect do well against the big boys (I mean, dummies).

dirtbag
March 20th, 2006, 04:07 PM

Jason Maas is an excellent CFL QB. (Yeah, there, I said it, I WATCH CANADIAN FOOTBALL!!!) He spent his college years backing up Akili Smith at Oregon. He had a 5000-yard passing season a couple of years ago in the CFL. He's better than most of the backups in the NFL, but he's not a big, strong-armed type that NFL coaches have convinced themselves they have to have at QB.

TxSt02
March 20th, 2006, 06:15 PM
thats great now that it has been confirmed... good for Bruce, I-AA, the SWAC and Grambling!

Panther88
March 21st, 2006, 10:57 AM
Terrible moderating. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

See you in the real world, hopefully. ;)

AppGuy04
March 21st, 2006, 11:02 AM
Jason Maas is an excellent CFL QB. (Yeah, there, I said it, I WATCH CANADIAN FOOTBALL!!!) He spent his college years backing up Akili Smith at Oregon. He had a 5000-yard passing season a couple of years ago in the CFL. He's better than most of the backups in the NFL, but he's not a big, strong-armed type that NFL coaches have convinced themselves they have to have at QB.

Doug Flutie?

McNeese75
March 21st, 2006, 11:40 AM
Terrible moderating. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

See you in the real world, hopefully. ;)

:confused: xidiotx

TexasTerror
March 21st, 2006, 12:04 PM
Seems any notion that there is more to making it to the NFL than the Wonderlic that I post is removed...

Strange...there's more to football than the Wonderlic. Is that a bad thing to say? I'd hope football fans knew that...

Panther88
March 21st, 2006, 12:07 PM
:confused: xidiotx

:nono: You can't help it can you? It's deeply embedded. : retard :

Panther88 + Moderator = :argue:

Where is max niece in this equation? :doh: The mod knows what he/she/it did. That's all you need to know.

Panther88
March 21st, 2006, 12:10 PM
Seems any notion that there is more to making it to the NFL than the Wonderlic that I post is removed...

Strange...there's more to football than the Wonderlic. Is that a bad thing to say? I'd hope football fans knew that...

That's obvious TT and goes w/out saying. I think that most are questioning your motives for consistently stating such as it relates to SWACdom.

Know a kid by the last name of Bishop from Willis who led K-State once upon a time? That's my cousin. :) Also, there's a backup RB originally from Conroe w/ last name Cartwright who plays for the Redskins. :) Some of us are really up on what it takes to get to the pros. Take it for what it's worth. :)

TexasTerror
March 21st, 2006, 12:12 PM
Know a kid by the last name of Bishop from Willis who led K-State once upon a time? That's my cousin. :) Also, there's a backup RB originally from Conroe w/ last name Cartwright who plays for the Redskins. :) Some of us are really up on what it takes to get to the pros. Take it for what it's worth. :)

Michael Bishop of ARGOOOOOOOOOOOOS fame?

Fact of the matter is, I'd say the same Wonderlic thing about anyone from Lulay to Nealy to McCown to Eugene. They're all QBs. They need to prove it out on the field. Wonderlic is not a "be all, end all". Eugene is going to need to continue impressing in these private workouts and all will be fine for the young man from Grambling...

March 21st, 2006, 12:17 PM

Strange...there's more to football than the Wonderlic. Is that a bad thing to say? I'd hope football fans knew that...What is post #27 in this thread about??? I think people are wondering why you feel the need to post that over and over on a thread about how great Bruce Eugene did on the wonderlic. Somehow any thread about the SWAC/players gets highjacked into a trash TT topic. Can't members stay on topic and not bash each other? :confused:

gram4life
March 21st, 2006, 12:17 PM

Fact of the matter is, I'd say the same Wonderlic thing about anyone from Lulay to Nealy to McCown to Eugene. They're all QBs. They need to prove it out on the field. Wonderlic is not a "be all, end all". Eugene is going to need to continue impressing in these private workouts and all will be fine for the young man from Grambling...

Yet you created a board questioning Bruce's intelligence? So what you write is very suspect.

March 21st, 2006, 12:20 PM
See what I mean? :(

gram4life
March 21st, 2006, 12:22 PM

You may as well edited everytime, because I'm not giving him a pass. Sorry

Panther88
March 21st, 2006, 12:36 PM

Right. He's in the CFL/Arena thingy now. Since the days of the Pats, he's gone southward, somewhat. Still in high spirits though. Lost his mom a few weeks ago, unfortunately.

It's really hard to get to the next level and I STILL don't understand it all. I can only go by what I'm told by those who've made it.

I wish Bruce and others well if that's their hearts desire.

MACHIAVELLI
March 21st, 2006, 12:41 PM
I wish some folk could separate how they may feel about Grambling, The SWAC, or whatever their hangup is towards this young man and accept the fact that this is a very talented football player.

Wouldn't that be Wonderlic...err I mean Wonderful

Catmendue2
March 21st, 2006, 12:45 PM

Ralph you seem just as confused as the SWAC posters here about his real motives.:D

March 21st, 2006, 02:22 PM
Well, whatever. Just like to stay on topic I guess.

McNeese75
March 21st, 2006, 06:30 PM
:nono: You can't help it can you? It's deeply embedded. : retard :

Panther88 + Moderator = :argue:

Where is max niece in this equation? :doh: The mod knows what he/she/it did. That's all you need to know.

If you had a post hijacked, my bad. If not and you replied like you did. Well, I stand behind the icons as noted on my last post catlick xazzx

SUjagTILLiDIE
March 21st, 2006, 06:48 PM
If you had a post hijacked, my bad. If not and you replied like you did. Well, I stand behind the icons as noted on my last post catlick xazzx
PVU and McNeese can we just all get alone.xlolx xlolx

Mr. Tiger
March 21st, 2006, 07:06 PM
I think everyone knows that the Wonderlic is not the sole test for how a player will do in the NFL. It's designed to determine if a player has the intelligence to make quick and smart decisions. Some great NFL QBs have not done well on the test. But as we see with Vince Young some start to question whether a player is ready to learn how to read NFL defenses if he scores below 20. And Eugene doesn't need any more doubters. He has the tools and the smarts. I just hope he gets the break he needs to make it and stay in the NFL.

PDXCat
March 21st, 2006, 07:16 PM
Regardinding Bruce:
He seems like a great guy. The only thing he has against him is that he's not typical size (6 ft and 260 lbs) and he's not very swift on his feet. That's not meant to be a knock just the facts. Look at that qb that came from Kentucky (Lorenzen?) that is pretty good despite his size and Tom Brady clocked a whopping like 5.12 40 at the combine - so BE can do it. If he were 6' 4'' he could be the next Leftwich.

Retro
March 21st, 2006, 09:25 PM
Regardinding Bruce:
He seems like a great guy. The only thing he has against him is that he's not typical size (6 ft and 260 lbs) and he's not very swift on his feet. That's not meant to be a knock just the facts. Look at that qb that came from Kentucky (Lorenzen?) that is pretty good despite his size and Tom Brady clocked a whopping like 5.12 40 at the combine - so BE can do it. If he were 6' 4'' he could be the next Leftwich.

The only difference is that those guys all played againest much better competition every week during college.. That's the biggest question mark on bruce. When he did play againest the few good I-AA teams like Mcneese, his comp % was about 50% and he threw the ball 68 times in a respectable loss.. Thats 30+ incompletions..

If he is to make it, he will have to overcome his weight and height shortcomings and apply himself extra hard both mentally (playbook) and physically to make a team..

:read: Its not how you get to the NFL.. It's what you do once your'e there!

slostang
March 22nd, 2006, 12:35 AM
Great job Bruce. Good luck in pursuit of your dreams.

Cal Poly's DE Chris Gocong is another player from I-AA that scored well on the test. He scored a 36.

The wonderlic may not be the end all on how a player will do in the pros, but I would take a player with the higher score over another player that was even physically but scored lowwer. JMO.

Panther88
March 22nd, 2006, 10:06 AM
PVU and McNeese can we just all get alone.xlolx xlolx

Ahhhhhhh no sir! We have a battle brewing that we'll prolly need to settle on the gridiron. Oooooops! Can't do it! 9-game mandate! xazzx Kumquat just didn't know not to stick her nose in others' biz. xcoffeex So, I had to check her. :)

McNeese75
March 22nd, 2006, 08:37 PM
Ahhhhhhh no sir! We have a battle brewing that we'll prolly need to settle on the gridiron. Oooooops! Can't do it! 9-game mandate! xazzx Kumquat just didn't know not to stick her nose in others' biz. xcoffeex So, I had to check her. :)

:rolleyes:

Oh, we love to settle things on the gridiron with PV :spank: :asswhip:

Biz????? You????

: giveadam

MACHIAVELLI
March 26th, 2006, 11:13 AM
WONDERLIC WONDERS: The NFL has tried to keep secret the results of the Wonderlic Personnel Test taken at last month’s scouting combine since Texas quarterback Vince Young posted a low score. But the league can’t stop Mac Mirabile.

Mirabile, an economic analyst and professor in Virginia, has made the Wonderlic scores a personal hobby. He’s done extensive research on the 12-minute, 50-question intelligence test and written papers on the relationship between a quarterback’s score and his NFL success. Each year, Mirabile collects the quarterbacks’ scores from the scouting combine and posts them on his Web site.

According to Mirabile, Missouri’s Brad Smith posted a 24, which matched Alabama’s Brodie Croyle for the 13th-best score among the 22 quarterbacks at this year’s combine. The quarterbacks averaged 27.5, according to Mirabile.

Grambling State’s Bruce Eugene had the highest score (41), while Virginia Tech’s Marcus Vick (11) had the lowest. Among the other prominent quarterbacks, USC’s Matt Leinart scored 35, Vanderbilt’s Jay Cutler 26, Texas A&M’s Reggie McNeal 19 and Young 15. Young reportedly scored a 6 on his first try but improved to 15 on his second attempt.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/2006/Mar/20060326Spor002.asp