PDA

View Full Version : CAA Pre-season all-conference team-2 surprises

Brad82
July 22nd, 2011, 04:49 AM
A little surprised to see a QB from Rhody.
More surprised to see only 2 players from the Rams on the team.
Thought there would be more.
Some polls have them picked for 9th in league.
These are the things that happen with their long-term record.

bluehenbillk
July 22nd, 2011, 07:22 AM
I think when the season is all said & done Decker from UNH may be the 1st team postseason QB - but there's not a lot of returning strength at that position from top to bottom in the CAA this year.

Wildcat80
July 22nd, 2011, 09:05 AM
If Deck is All CAA....and he has the talent & maturity....good things will happen in Durham! Go Cats!

jmufan999
July 22nd, 2011, 10:58 AM
there's not a lot of returning strength at that position from top to bottom in the CAA this year.

I absolutely agree with this. Probably less overall talent than I can recall in a long time.

Tribe4SF
July 22nd, 2011, 11:17 AM
Glad to see Probst get some props. He plays alot like Whitney, and is a gamer.

If I were to project the candidates for post season QB they would be Decker, Corp, and Paulus.

crusader11
July 22nd, 2011, 11:36 AM
Funny how Decker is entering his first year as the starting QB and he is already being tabbed as maybe the First Team QB. It is still an absolute crime he did not get more burn last year or the year before. It was so obvious that the offense moved better and was more in sync when he was out there.

Tribe4SF
July 22nd, 2011, 04:09 PM
Interesting that the all-CAA o-line would likely be one of the smallest units in the league if playing together. Not a 300 pounder in the group.

WrenFGun
July 22nd, 2011, 04:20 PM
Funny how Decker is entering his first year as the starting QB and he is already being tabbed as maybe the First Team QB. It is still an absolute crime he did not get more burn last year or the year before. It was so obvious that the offense moved better and was more in sync when he was out there.

795 of your 798 posts include the word "Decker" in them.

yorkcountyUNHfan
July 22nd, 2011, 05:20 PM

He's right Coach Mac doesn't know what he's doing.....we should fire himxrolleyesx

crusader11
July 22nd, 2011, 05:22 PM
Am I wrong?

Brad82
July 22nd, 2011, 05:30 PM
https://www.philsteele.com/Pdf/2011PreseasonHonors/2011FCS/PreseasonAll-CAA.pdf

Phil Steele has more Rhody players on his.
Tribe is right on. Probst is gamer,not quite the stats the other QB's have.
He and the above mentioned are all deserving.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
July 22nd, 2011, 07:37 PM

Am I wrong?

Yes!

There is absolutely no game experience for Decker against CAA elite teams other than garbage time for a Holy Cross student to make such an evaluation. You have stated that you're part of the Class of 2011, correct? And if somehow you were watching as many practices as Coach Mac and his staff, I'll still my put faith in Coach Mac. If it wasn't for Ricky Santos, we'd be talking today about how RJ Toman crushed so many UNH QB records. When the UNH Media Guide is published we'll see how many categories Toman is ranked near the top, if not #2.

JMHO, but this season Decker will have the luxury of the most experienced and deepest OL that UNH has had for a few seasons. I also think he will have the deepest and most talented group of RBs that UNH has had in years. While he will have some inexperienced WRs in the mix, there are two very highly regarded WRs coming off their Redshirt. Seniors with game experience hold both spots on the two deep at TE with a talented player coming off his Redshirt. I know that this is one UNH fan who won't be saying that Decker should have been starting for the past three years if he has a banner season this year.

unh4life
July 22nd, 2011, 08:42 PM
IMHO it could not have been more obvious that decker should have gotten way more playing time over the past 2 even 3 seasons. it was a shame that one week after the teams highest scoring output of the season vs. bethune cookman where decker started, the next week against deleware they put up 3 points, do not move the ball AT ALL, and no move is made. Oh well, can't wait for this season TOLEDO HERE WE COME!

crusader11
July 22nd, 2011, 08:49 PM
28 touchdowns to 22 interceptions were the combined numbers for Toman's junior and senior seasons. Decker threw 10 touchdowns to 2 interceptions. Just sayin...

Wildcat80
July 22nd, 2011, 10:11 PM

Now THAT's a Fan!