PDA

View Full Version : Phil Steele FCS Top 40 and date each team page will be released.

smallcollegefbfan
July 21st, 2011, 06:04 AM
Curious to see what folks think. I thought NDSU would at least be in the top 12-13.

1) William & Mary Mon, Aug 15
2) Eastern Washington Sat, Aug 13*
3) Georgia Southern Fri, Aug 12
4) Northern Iowa Thur, Aug 11
5) Appalachian St Wed, Aug 10
6) Delaware Tue, Aug 9
7) James Madison Mon, Aug 8
8) Montana St Sat, Aug 6*
9) Wofford Fri, Aug 5
10) Sacramento St Thur, Aug 4
11) Jacksonville St Wed, Aug 3
12) Montana Tue, Aug 2
13) Central Arkansas Mon, Aug 1
14) New Hampshire Sat July 30*
15) Stony Brook Fri, July 29
16) Lehigh Fri, July 29
17) Southern Illinois Fri, July 29
18) South Carolina St Thur, July 28
19) Chattanooga Thur, July 28
20) North Dakota St Thur, July 28
21) Murray St Wed, July 27
22) Sam Houston St Wed, July 27
23) Massachusetts Wed, July 27
24) Southern Utah Tue, July 26
25) Jackson St Tue, July 26
26) Albany Tue, July 26
27) Colgate Mon, July 25
28) UT Martin Mon, July 25
29) Harvard Mon, July 25
30) Indiana St Sat, July 23*
31) Liberty Sat, July 23*
32) Florida A&M Sat, July 23*
33) Jacksonville Fri, July 22
34) Grambling Fri, July 22
35) McNeese St Fri, July 22
36) Richmond Thur, July 21
37) Youngstown St Thur, July 21
38) UC Davis Wed, July 20
39) SF Austin Wed, July 20
40) Bethune-Cookman Wed, July 20

Bam
July 21st, 2011, 07:17 AM
UT Martin got some love from PS, but no EKU. I guess it's only one mans opinion.

bluehenbillk
July 21st, 2011, 07:21 AM
W&M #1 two years in a row? Well try & try again I guess. I almost fell out of my chair seeing JMU at 7, I don't think they'll see 7 wins much less the 7 ranking.

smallcollegefbfan
July 21st, 2011, 07:49 AM
W&M #1 two years in a row? Well try & try again I guess. I almost fell out of my chair seeing JMU at 7, I don't think they'll see 7 wins much less the 7 ranking.

I too thought W&M and JMU were a bit high. I was thinking of putting JMU in my 20-25 range.

Dukie95
July 21st, 2011, 08:13 AM
Remember, his rankings are more about where they'll finish, not where they start.

Also, RE: JMU...they miss UD, have URI, Towson, Maine. Newcomer ODU, down-year Nova. It's not that hard to find 7 wins in that schedule. #purpledrank

JSUBison
July 21st, 2011, 08:53 AM
So basically he's going to release each team page on the internet, his top teams for the season have already shown up as well, and I see that he already released his All Conferences teams. Why the hell did I pay money for his magazine if he's going to put it all up for free anyway? What a joke.

Gringer1
July 21st, 2011, 09:00 AM
So basically he's going to release each team page on the internet, his top teams for the season have already shown up as well, and I see that he already released his All Conferences teams. Why the hell did I pay money for his magazine if he's going to put it all up for free anyway? What a joke.

Because he deserves to be paid for the hard work he put in. You also get to read up on your non-ranked opponents and have a quick reference for the entire FCS. $13.70 in exchange for the most mainstream FCS coverage is a good deal.

Seawolf97
July 21st, 2011, 09:00 AM

This does generate alot of good discussion wouldnt you think?

danefan
July 21st, 2011, 10:12 AM
Good to see someone is paying attention to what Albany has coming back this year.

Grizzaholic
July 21st, 2011, 10:22 AM

Way to be sore. It is a few bucks that you will have at hand whenever you need it and don't have to look it up on the computer. Money well spent if you ask me. If it is such a big problem, pm me your addy and I will mail you the 13 dollars so you don't have to ***** and moan about it anymore .

Grizzaholic
July 21st, 2011, 10:23 AM
This does generate alot of good discussion wouldnt you think?

Yes. Yes I do.

bjtheflamesfan
July 21st, 2011, 10:29 AM
If JBB was around he'd probably question Phil Steele's credibility because the "Mighty Bison" are only #20 in his rankings

bjtheflamesfan
July 21st, 2011, 10:30 AM
Edit: never mind...I saw the context of the comment...

JSUBison
July 21st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Easy man, I'm not questioning Steele's dedication and talents, I'm looking forward to the magazine showing up in my mailbox like everyone else is. Just thought I read somewhere (probably here) that if he didn't get support for his magazine he might have to drop it. Thought it odd that he would offer his Top 40 content for free.

TheValleyRaider
July 21st, 2011, 12:17 PM
22) Sam Houston St Wed, July 27
23) Massachusetts Wed, July 27
24) Southern Utah Tue, July 26
25) Jackson St Tue, July 26
26) Albany Tue, July 26
27) Colgate Mon, July 25
28) UT Martin Mon, July 25
29) Harvard Mon, July 25
30) Indiana St Sat, July 23*
31) Liberty Sat, July 23*
32) Florida A&M Sat, July 23*

Yay, we're in the rankings :)

ursus arctos horribilis
July 21st, 2011, 01:42 PM
Easy man, I'm not questioning Steele's dedication and talents, I'm looking forward to the magazine showing up in my mailbox like everyone else is. Just thought I read somewhere (probably here) that if he didn't get support for his magazine he might have to drop it. Thought it odd that he would offer his Top 40 content for free.

i see what you are saying and you make a good point but your other post did not give this impression.

Maybe it's something they will take into consideration if they do another one because it would definitely build some anticipation for the mgazine if it was not all out there next year I think.

TheRevSFA
July 21st, 2011, 01:45 PM
Eh his top 40 is off as it is....but I still am interested in reading all of the teams.

SouthernBugler
July 23rd, 2011, 12:44 AM
So this may be a stupid question but in the breakdowns of all the positions, he references back to their '09 stats instead of 2010. Just wondering if this was a typo or did he actually use '09's stats.

bjtheflamesfan
July 23rd, 2011, 09:58 AM
So this may be a stupid question but in the breakdowns of all the positions, he references back to their '09 stats instead of 2010. Just wondering if this was a typo or did he actually use '09's stats.

When he is referencing last year's stats he uses the abbreviation LY so no it is not a typo

Brad82
July 23rd, 2011, 10:12 AM
Jacksonville ahead of Richmond ??
Like ranking the christians ahead of the lions !!

whoanellie
July 24th, 2011, 07:38 PM
yep I will not make this mistake again next year.

Grizzaholic
July 24th, 2011, 07:56 PM

JESUS...some of you panty wastes really are a bunch of whiners.

smallcollegefbfan
July 25th, 2011, 08:50 AM

From what I was told there will be a lot more than what has been released so far. The magazine is going to be more than 50 pages, which is about how much information has been released. It will be over 100 pages.

TwoFeathers
July 26th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Remember, his rankings are more about where they'll finish, not where they start.

Also, RE: JMU...they miss UD, have URI, Towson, Maine. Newcomer ODU, down-year Nova. It's not that hard to find 7 wins in that schedule. #purpledrank

I think JMU will rebound this year. They have been too strong in the last many years to hold them down for too long.

TwoFeathers
July 26th, 2011, 07:18 AM

Tribe had a great season last year, before choking to Ga Southern. They are returning something like 13 starters, including key positions.

bluehenbillk
July 26th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Tribe had a great season last year, before choking to Ga Southern. They are returning something like 13 starters, including key positions.

Not questioning that W&M is a good team, just that #1 may be too lofty & odd that PS has them there 2 years in a row.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 26th, 2011, 11:19 AM
From what I was told there will be a lot more than what has been released so far. The magazine is going to be more than 50 pages, which is about how much information has been released. It will be over 100 pages.

I believe each team has it's own page so over 120 I would assume.

Rolf Bertulies
July 26th, 2011, 03:52 PM
There are 240 pages in the Phil Steele FCS Magazine, including a page on all 126 FCS teams. We are releasing the Top 40 on philsteele.com to hopefully generate interest in the FCS magazine but only 1 to 3 teams will be available on any given day.