PDA

View Full Version : Austin Peay Announces Schedule

TexasTerror
March 18th, 2006, 06:22 AM
Three OVC opponents, an odd mid-season two week bye between games, a nice three-game home stretch and closing at Western Kentucky...

9.2 vs SE Missouri
9.9 @ Cumberland
9.14 @ Samford
9.23 @ Dayton
9.30 vs Tennessee Martin
10.14 @ Missouri-Rolla
10.21 vs Univ of the Cumberlands
10.28 vs Charleston
11.4 vs North Greenville
11.11 @ Morehead St
11.18 @ Western Kentucky

Warning, *pdf file...

http://www.apsu.edu/letsgopeay/releases/football/2005-06/06_fb_sked.pdf

catamount man
March 18th, 2006, 07:19 AM
I thought APU was going back to the OVC as a full scholly school? This doesn't look like an OVC full schedule to me, or are they doing that in 2007? GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

TheValleyRaider
March 18th, 2006, 10:44 AM
I thought APU was going back to the OVC as a full scholly school? This doesn't look like an OVC full schedule to me, or are they doing that in 2007? GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

That's 2007. They're spending this season as an Independent (presumably to work in their scholarships), then re-joining the OVC the next year.

TexasTerror
March 18th, 2006, 10:55 AM

Clearly states in the release that this schedule is helping them build to OVC and full scholarship. Can't do things overnight and Austin Peay as the best of the best non-schollie, some OVCers and some sub Div I (though scholarshiped) to help them build things together...

catamount man
March 18th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Clearly states in the release that this schedule is helping them build to OVC and full scholarship. Can't do things overnight and Austin Peay as the best of the best non-schollie, some OVCers and some sub Div I (though scholarshiped) to help them build things together...

Clearly, I didn't read the release, just looked at the schedule.:D

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

AppGuy04
March 18th, 2006, 11:45 AM
just noticed that website address says "letsgopeay"

sorry, just thought that was funny

Golden Eagle
March 18th, 2006, 01:33 PM

Yeah, that's their famous chant they do at basketball games (probably football as well). It's funny the first time you hear it, but they do it so much that it gets annoying real quick.

ngineer
March 18th, 2006, 02:22 PM

Are they called the Bladders? the Squatters? How about the Pisstols?
Just a little 'stream of conscious' random thoughts...;)

Husky Alum
March 19th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Yeah, that's their famous chant they do at basketball games (probably football as well). It's funny the first time you hear it, but they do it so much that it gets annoying real quick.

Under the "no, I'm not making this up" category...

In the 1970s, Austin Peay had a basketball player - NY City legend James "Fly" Williams, and the chant/slogan for the Austin Peay team while he was there....

"The Fly is down, Let's Go Peay"

Fly was a star in the early years of the ABA.

ngineer
March 20th, 2006, 12:46 PM

In the 1970s, Austin Peay had a basketball player - NY City legend James "Fly" Williams, and the chant/slogan for the Austin Peay team while he was there....

How was his 'hang time'???:D :rolleyes:

AppGuy04
March 20th, 2006, 12:55 PM
That on the same level as the Wichita State cheerleaders doing "the shocker" on national TV. That was hilariousxlolx

wkuhillhound
March 23rd, 2006, 10:18 AM
Are they called the Bladders? the Squatters? How about the Pisstols?
Just a little 'stream of conscious' random thoughts...;)

They are the Austin Peay Governors. They were not the best in the OVC when they were members before. I don't think anything will change dramatically with their inception.

GeauxLions94
March 23rd, 2006, 05:33 PM

Better than "Let's go xpumpukex" xlolx

Dr. Strangelove
March 23rd, 2006, 05:41 PM

I'd always heard it was:

"Fly's open, Fly's open, let's go Peay!"