PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to the OLD AGS??

blur2005
April 12th, 2005, 05:06 PM
Ralph, I was just wondering what exactly happened to the old board...I read on one thread that something was done to the board criminally...but I was looking for the whole story.

Anovafan
April 12th, 2005, 05:33 PM
From what I can discern from Ralph, a former member hacked into the system (god only knows why) and started deleting membership information and then started deleting the actual files and threads which composed the wesite forums. I surmise that Ralph caught this user snooping around doing malicious things in the middle of it all. I know Ralph knows who this user was. I think enough of the old board got deleted in the process that we had to start the community all over again. A little sad, a lot stupid, and actually criminal.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 12th, 2005, 08:21 PM
I remember that entire threads were missing, causing someone to opine that the moderator was deleting posts... obviously that wasn't the case.

RadMann
April 13th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Yeah, one of my threads was deleted and I started complaining. I guess it was the hacker(s) who were doing the deleting...

ngineer
April 13th, 2005, 06:12 PM
If his/her identity be known they should be reported to the "appropriate authorities". IMO federal violations due to interstate communication, malicious destruction of property...cause his/her azz to hire an attorney to defend themselves...

Catsfan
April 13th, 2005, 08:48 PM
What about the AGS poll? Starting over with one post is going to make it hard to egt to 100.

polsongrizz
April 13th, 2005, 09:20 PM
What about the AGS poll? Starting over with one post is going to make it hard to egt to 100.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84