PDA

View Full Version : Sports Network ranks CAA #1

dgtw
July 14th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I have no idea how respected this person or his rankings might be, but I thought it was an interesting article. He had the CAA at the top, with the SoCon closing the gap at #2.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2%2Fmisc%2Fhaley%2Findex.htm

TexasTerror
July 14th, 2011, 04:19 PM
There was a guy questioning the SLC's placement... but even as a 'homer', I have a hard time disagreeing where we are slotted...

The FCS Independents could conceivably be a bit higher IMO, but it is what it is...

TheBisonator
July 14th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I still think the MVFC is better than the Big Sky.

cpalum
July 14th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I could make an argument that the 5 Great West teams are better than the top 5 in the Ohio Valley and Southland. I would also suggest that that in 2012 the Big Sky will be better than the SoCon and maybe CAA?

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I could make an argument that the 5 Great West teams are better than the top 5 in the Ohio Valley and Southland. I would also suggest that that in 2012 the Big Sky will be better than the SoCon and maybe CAA?

Uh-oh.

Tribal
July 14th, 2011, 05:43 PM

And, I suggest you make a b-line for the neurologist to have your head checked. But, you did end it with a "?" so this is your opportunity to defend yourself. Tell us, how "might" the Big Sky "possibly" be better than the SoCon or CAA.

one4all333
July 14th, 2011, 06:30 PM
And, I suggest you make a b-line for the neurologist to have your head checked. But, you did end it with a "?" so this is your opportunity to defend yourself. Tell us, how "might" the Big Sky "possibly" be better than the SoCon or CAA.

OK he did say in 2012...after Cal Poly, SUU, North Dakota, and UC Davis all move to the Big Sky. All 4 are usually quality teams, mix them in with Eastern Washington and both of the Montana Schools and you make pretty strong conference. Now if Sac State and 1 or 2 other schools (Weber St, Portland St, etc...) improve (as suggested by preseason polls), then you would possibly have one o the top 2 conferences, if not the strongest. Currently all of the schools mentioned above are listed in the top 25 in one poll or another (minus Weber St and Portland St)...xsalutex

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 06:32 PM

Perhaps one, and that is a big if...the end of the season will tell, but not both.

citdog
July 14th, 2011, 06:32 PM
the sports network may have good info but after the way they treated a friend of mine I will not look at anything that they put out.

cpalum
July 14th, 2011, 06:36 PM

Well the ? was intentional and my point was that by 2012 things will be changing. With new teams coming and some of the best teams possibly leaving (Villanova etc) things could be different. The Big Sky is definitely gaining ground. I may have been a bit optimistic.

Fair to note that if you were to look at Sagarin ratings from last year and fold in the new Big Sky programs the top 9 schools from the Big Sky (113) would have a higher average ranking than the top 8 from the SoCon (115).

The CAA is still the best conference....

SideLine Shooter
July 14th, 2011, 06:39 PM
the sports network may have good info but after the way they treated a friend of mine I will not look at anything that they put out.

Same here Dog!!!

dgtw
July 14th, 2011, 09:55 PM
The FCS Independents could conceivably be a bit higher IMO, but it is what it is...

Texas State went 4-7 last year.

UTSA has never played a game.

South Alabama is 17-0, but have played a lot of jucos, JVs, and similar teams.

Georgia State went 6-5, but their schedule wasn't that daunting.

Just how high should they be?

TheRevSFA
July 15th, 2011, 08:42 AM

I'll bite...let's hear the first argument...

cpalum
July 15th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I'll bite...let's hear the first argument...

OK, Here is the argument.

Last year the top team in both the Ohio Valley and Southland were arguably better than all the teams in the Great West. Although fair to note that has not always been true. The conference average ranking (Sagarin) for the Great West (158) is higher than both the Ohio Valley (174) and the Southland (163).

MSUBear42
July 15th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I have no idea how respected this person or his rankings might be, but I thought it was an interesting article. He had the CAA at the top, with the SoCon closing the gap at #2.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2%2Fmisc%2Fhaley%2Findex.htm

4. Missouri Valley Football Conference - The other definitive power has a lot to prove this season. Its defending champion, Northern Iowa, bowed out of the first round of last year's playoffs at home against Patriot League champion Lehigh. There was great balance in the conference last season and this season could be similar. North Dakota State is hoping to build on last season's excellent playoff run and could be a Top 10 team. Southern Illinois, Western Illinois, Indiana State and Illinois State also are part of the deep conference.
But apparently Missouri State isn't...

TheRevSFA
July 15th, 2011, 09:29 AM
So you're saying that overall through history, that you'd put Cal-Poly or UC-D or other schools over McNeese..who is the consumate football powerhouse in the SLC? Granted I'll give you that ALL of the Great West teams trump Nicholls and Southeastern Louisiana...

cannonballgsu
July 15th, 2011, 09:42 AM

The day the Big Sky passes the SoCon and CAA is the day the world ends..........

cpalum
July 15th, 2011, 09:47 AM
So you're saying that overall through history, that you'd put Cal-Poly or UC-D or other schools over McNeese..who is the consumate football powerhouse in the SLC? Granted I'll give you that ALL of the Great West teams trump Nicholls and Southeastern Louisiana...

Hell no I am not...although CP did go to McNeese and woopem pretty good last yearxnodx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFvNN3WzB6M

Tribal
July 16th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Interesting article:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sns-tsn-agn-haley-conference-rankings20110714,0,3619611.story

Redbird Ray
July 17th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I would put the MVFC higher than the Big Sky. I think the MVFC has more depth. The rest of the list seems pretty spot on.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 17th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I would put the MVFC higher than the Big Sky. I think the MVFC has more depth. The rest of the list seems pretty spot on.

Well, I know you MVFC guys like to say that even though it can't be proven either way and all we have to go on is pretty much playoff history. Just using the last few years which is all that can even be considered somewhat relevant...the Big Sky has a team in the NC 3 or the last 4 years. The MVFC has a team going to the semi's 2 of the last 4 yrs. and nothing in the NC game.

Discussing the teams outside of the top 4 or 5 of each conference seems a little hair splitting but they seem pretty even at that point.

Professor Chaos
July 18th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Well, I know you MVFC guys like to say that even though it can't be proven either way and all we have to go on is pretty much playoff history. Just using the last few years which is all that can even be considered somewhat relevant...the Big Sky has a team in the NC 3 or the last 4 years. The MVFC has a team going to the semi's 2 of the last 4 yrs. and nothing in the NC game.

Discussing the teams outside of the top 4 or 5 of each conference seems a little hair splitting but they seem pretty even at that point.
And a team that finished 4-4 in the MVFC last year beat the Big Sky champ by 4 scores on its home field in the playoffs. xtwocentsx

asumike83
July 18th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Hard to argue that the CAA is #1 with the depth of successful teams they've had in recent years. However, if the middle of the SoCon pack improves as expected in the next few years, the gap should close a good bit. App State, Georgia Southern and Wofford will all be legit contenders, there's just not the proven depth after that.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 18th, 2011, 12:39 PM
And a team that finished 4-4 in the MVFC last year beat the Big Sky champ by 4 scores on its home field in the playoffs. xtwocentsx

Yeah that kind of thing happens in single games sometimes. That same team let it go at the end because it was tooth & nail through the 3rd quarter until the wheels fell off.

That BSC Champ beat the living piss out of the team that you lost to the next weekend and went on to win the NC.

You must be new to the sport so let me help ya out...you can't make a statement about the conference being better because one team got hot and won a game when they were pure mediocrity during the season.

As a conference the Big Sky has been good enough to propel at least one team to the NC for the last three years and have the NC once. The MVFC as a conference has been good enough to propel a team to the final four twice in the last four years.

That seems pretty easy to understand doesn't it? If it makes you guys feel better to look at that one game as an overall indicator of you conference strength then by all means be my guest.

I think if you go ahead and just do head to head matchups you ain't gonna like that much either so just stick to that one game.xthumbsupx

JSUBison
July 18th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Yeah that kind of thing happens in single games sometimes. That same team let it go at the end because it was tooth & nail through the 3rd quarter until the wheels fell off.

That BSC Champ beat the living piss out of the team that you lost to the next weekend and went on to win the NC.

You must be new to the sport so let me help ya out...you can't make a statement about the conference being better because one team got hot and won a game when they were pure mediocrity during the season.

As a conference the Big Sky has been good enough to propel at least one team to the NC for the last three years and have the NC once. The MVFC as a conference has been good enough to propel a team to the final four twice in the last four years.

That seems pretty easy to understand doesn't it? If it makes you guys feel better to look at that one game as an overall indicator of you conference strength then by all means be my guest.

I think if you go ahead and just do head to head matchups you ain't gonna like that much either so just stick to that one game.xthumbsupx

Youngstown State would have been co-champions of the Big Sky last year if they were in it. The MVFC is THAT DEEP. xnodx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 18th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Youngstown State would have been co-champions of the Big Sky last year if they were in it. The MVFC is THAT DEEP. xnodx

Sure it is. Keep living the dream MVFC in spite of reality.xlolx

Professor Chaos
July 18th, 2011, 04:21 PM

You can't judge the quality of a conference only by the performance of its top team(s) either. My example was satirically pointing out the fact that what the best team in a conference does every year doesn't equate to overall conference quality. Do I think that NDSU beating Montana St by 20+ means that a middle of the road MVFC team would stomp the Big Sky. Of course not... and consequently that was proven not to be the fact the next week in Cheney. Lehigh beating UNI doesn't mean the Patriot League is better than the MVFC, I just don't think you can say a conference is great because of the performance of 1 team every year. Even if it is a different team from year to year.

The BSC has always been a top heavy conference. I'd compare it to the Mountain West Conference in the FBS. There's are some really good teams in the BSC year in and year out but there are also some really poor teams in bottom end of the conference that really bring it down. With the re-emergence of Indiana St in the MVFC there isn't a cupcake in the conference anymore. The BSC has 3 with Idaho St, Portland St, and Northern Colorado. If you're going to judge the quality of a conference based solely on its upper echelon teams, you're absolutely right that the Big Sky is better than the MVFC. But you have to factor in the poor teams at the bottom of a conference just as much as the great teams at the top when you talk about the overall quality of a conference.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 18th, 2011, 05:14 PM
You can't judge the quality of a conference only by the performance of its top team(s) either. My example was satirically pointing out the fact that what the best team in a conference does every year doesn't equate to overall conference quality. Do I think that NDSU beating Montana St by 20+ means that a middle of the road MVFC team would stomp the Big Sky. Of course not... and consequently that was proven not to be the fact the next week in Cheney. Lehigh beating UNI doesn't mean the Patriot League is better than the MVFC, I just don't think you can say a conference is great because of the performance of 1 team every year. Even if it is a different team from year to year.

The BSC has always been a top heavy conference. I'd compare it to the Mountain West Conference in the FBS. There's are some really good teams in the BSC year in and year out but there are also some really poor teams in bottom end of the conference that really bring it down. With the re-emergence of Indiana St in the MVFC there isn't a cupcake in the conference anymore. The BSC has 3 with Idaho St, Portland St, and Northern Colorado. If you're going to judge the quality of a conference based solely on its upper echelon teams, you're absolutely right that the Big Sky is better than the MVFC. But you have to factor in the poor teams at the bottom of a conference just as much as the great teams at the top when you talk about the overall quality of a conference.

You can believe that the bottom 3 in the MVFC are tougher than the bottom 3 in the BSC if you'd like but on top of it being a silly argument I would tell you that I would feel pretty confident placing our teams straight across and the BSC coming out on top giving up as many as they take in bottom four.

With that being said all we really have left to talk about it the top of the conference right? That is what we were doing before we started throwing the bottom in anyway. We already know that the BSC opponents have tested the uppers in each of the last three season well enough to put one in the NC game so they may not be as weak as you think in all cases much like the bottom of the MVFC is not. The MVFC guys like to throw out that they should be ranked ahead of the BSC and since they are normally ranked below it I guess I can see why it happens.

Professor Chaos
July 18th, 2011, 11:29 PM
You can believe that the bottom 3 in the MVFC are tougher than the bottom 3 in the BSC if you'd like but on top of it being a silly argument I would tell you that I would feel pretty confident placing our teams straight across and the BSC coming out on top giving up as many as they take in bottom four.

With that being said all we really have left to talk about it the top of the conference right? That is what we were doing before we started throwing the bottom in anyway. We already know that the BSC opponents have tested the uppers in each of the last three season well enough to put one in the NC game so they may not be as weak as you think in all cases much like the bottom of the MVFC is not. The MVFC guys like to throw out that they should be ranked ahead of the BSC and since they are normally ranked below it I guess I can see why it happens.
It's tough for me to objectively say which conference is better and, in the end, no one is going to change their minds about it but it's the offseason so what else can we do but argue about stuff like this? Having said that, there is something to be said for never having an off week on the conference schedule. It's not just the fact that Conference A's worst team could beat Conference B's worst team, it's also the fact that Conference A's worst team(s) really push their opponents every week. That's always been my beef with the Big Sky, the fact that it's not the week in week out grind like the MVFC or CAA. However I think the conference landscape is going to drastically change in 2012 when all the new schools join. All 4 of those schools have the capability to be very good FCS teams in any given year so I think it'll make things a lot tougher on the rest of the league.

Cleets
July 19th, 2011, 02:43 AM
It's tough for me to objectively say which conference is better and, in the end, no one is going to change their minds about it but it's the offseason so what else can we do but argue about stuff like this? Having said that, there is something to be said for never having an off week on the conference schedule. It's not just the fact that Conference A's worst team could beat Conference B's worst team, it's also the fact that Conference A's worst team(s) really push their opponents every week. That's always been my beef with the Big Sky, the fact that it's not the week in week out grind like the MVFC or CAA. However I think the conference landscape is going to drastically change in 2012 when all the new schools join. All 4 of those schools have the capability to be very good FCS teams in any given year so I think it'll make things a lot tougher on the rest of the league.

Did you just compare the MVFC to the CAA as far as the weekly grind..? (Excuse me...)
But over the last three seasons the only thing the CAA and MVFC have in common is that they are both located on the same continent - and that's where the similarities end

Holy cow pies - that is pure delusion, what you posted right there...

The MVFC is (just as the article states) the 4th best conference - and I think that's being friendly to them considering Northern Iowa craps all over itself every year yet manages to win the conference (somehow) and then get exposed...

xlolx xnodx

What's the MVFC record over the last three seasons against the CAA..?
For that matter what is it against the Big Sky..?

I honestly don't know the answer to those questions - but I have an idea

Twentysix
July 19th, 2011, 04:19 AM
But apparently Missouri State isn't...

And neither is YSU?

Professor Chaos
July 19th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Did you just compare the MVFC to the CAA as far as the weekly grind..? (Excuse me...)
But over the last three seasons the only thing the CAA and MVFC have in common is that they are both located on the same continent - and that's where the similarities end

Holy cow pies - that is pure delusion, what you posted right there...

The MVFC is (just as the article states) the 4th best conference - and I think that's being friendly to them considering Northern Iowa craps all over itself every year yet manages to win the conference (somehow) and then get exposed...

xlolx xnodx

What's the MVFC record over the last three seasons against the CAA..?
For that matter what is it against the Big Sky..?

I honestly don't know the answer to those questions - but I have an idea
Yeah, I did compare them in terms of being a weekly grind but that doesn't mean I think the MVFC is a better conference than the CAA. God knows the only football entities in the universe and beyond that can compete with the CAA is the SEC and maybe the NFC East.

The MVFC is 1-2 against the Big Sky in the last 3 seasons:
1) EWU 38, NDSU 31 OT (2010)
2) NDSU 42, MSU 17 (2010)
3) Montana 61, SDSU 48 (2009)

Btw, the MVFC is 3-4 against the CAA in the last 3 seasons (****DISCLAIMER: I AGREE THAT THE CAA IS A BETTER CONFERENCE THAN THE MVFC!!!!****).

But sure, I mean since the MVFC is listed "friendly" as the 4th best conference in your words we should be talking about the head to head records against the SLC and OVC right? We obviously don't even compare to the mighty Big Sky looking at their domination of us over the last 3 years.

I apologize for putting MVFC and CAA in the same sentence, I'll make sure it never ever ever happens again after this.

jmufan999
July 19th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Btw, the MVFC is 3-4 against the CAA in the last 3 seasons

Where is the 3rd win? I've got that you all are 2-4 against the CAA from 2008-10.

UNI is 2-1.
SDSU is 0-1
SIU is 0-2.

All of those games except one were away games for the CAA team.

Professor Chaos
July 19th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Where is the 3rd win? I've got that you all are 2-4 against the CAA from 2008-10.

UNI is 2-1.
SDSU is 0-1
SIU is 0-2.

All of those games except one were away games for the CAA team.
YSU beat Northeastern in 2009.

jmufan999
July 19th, 2011, 10:38 AM
YSU beat Northeastern in 2009.

Gotcha.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Professor you can think there is a weekly grind that is greater in the MVFC if you like but just taking MT and not even looking at MSU, EWU, Weber, or Sac St. recently I can tell you that Idaho St. has taken MT to the limit more than any one bottom feeder in the MVFC has taken UNI or SIU to the mat.

On top of that the fact that our top three teams are better than your top three would make the MVFC seem like more of a grind because there are more teams hovering around the mediocre middle of the pack area.

Your entire conference sans maybe UNI or SIU on any given year plays at the level that NAU, Sac St., Weber, & in a bad year throw in MSU, or EWU, or even UM last year.

The fact that there is more mediocrity in the MVFC doesn't make your teams and thus your conference better in the overall scheme of things. It makes it tougher for you.

Sorry man but you just can't get around how the conferences perform in the playoffs because that tells youthe story whether it hurts you guys to admit it or not.

beachtribe
July 19th, 2011, 10:48 AM
William & Mary (CAA) exposed the Missouri Valley Conference last year in the playoffs in the easy victory over Northern Illinois!

WMTribe90
July 19th, 2011, 10:58 AM
William & Mary (CAA) exposed the Missouri Valley Conference last year in the playoffs in the easy victory over Northern Illinois!

It was SIU and two years ago. WM was the better team, but the game was tight early and I was less than convinced that we would prevail. We eventually siezed momentum and our defense clamped down and we won going away. I don't think SIU was that over-rated though.

TribeAdvocate
July 19th, 2011, 11:10 AM
It was SIU and two years ago. WM was the better team, but the game was tight early and I was less than convinced that we would prevail. We eventually siezed momentum and our defense clamped down and we won going away. I don't think SIU was that over-rated though.

I agree- we won that game 24-3, but the defense played well for us to pull away. I don't think it is fair to say that SIU was overrated so much as we played well.

Professor Chaos
July 19th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Professor you can think there is a weekly grind that is greater in the MVFC if you like but just taking MT and not even looking at MSU, EWU, Weber, or Sac St. recently I can tell you that Idaho St. has taken MT to the limit more than any one bottom feeder in the MVFC has taken UNI or SIU to the mat.

On top of that the fact that our top three teams are better than your top three would make the MVFC seem like more of a grind because there are more teams hovering around the mediocre middle of the pack area.

Your entire conference sans maybe UNI or SIU on any given year plays at the level that NAU, Sac St., Weber, & in a bad year throw in MSU, or EWU, or even UM last year.

The fact that there is more mediocrity in the MVFC doesn't make your teams and thus your conference better in the overall scheme of things. It makes it tougher for you.

Sorry man but you just can't get around how the conferences perform in the playoffs because that tells youthe story whether it hurts you guys to admit it or not.
I'll agree to disagree with you ursus. I may be selling your conference's lower tier teams short but I also think you're selling my conference's upper tier teams short. IMO, UNI and SIU are historically much stronger programs than the NAU, Sac St, and Webers of the world. Last year the MVFC lacked a real quality team and that hurt it but the conference still won 3 playoff games (albeit 2 were in the opening round). I can see why the Big Sky would be considered by some to be a stronger conference than the Missouri Valley, I just have the opinion that it isn't.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I'll agree to disagree with you ursus. I may be selling your conference's lower tier teams short but I also think you're selling my conference's upper tier teams short. IMO, UNI and SIU are historically much stronger programs than the NAU, Sac St, and Webers of the world. Last year the MVFC lacked a real quality team and that hurt it but the conference still won 3 playoff games (albeit 2 were in the opening round). I can see why the Big Sky would be considered by some to be a stronger conference than the Missouri Valley, I just have the opinion that it isn't.

You are correct on the UNI & SIU as far as historically goes. That is not what we were talking about though. I started this saying that we would need to use the last few years in order to have any influence on how the conferences are ranked right now. I admit that it is very shaky to use even that but it is all we can do right? The way the teams/conferences have been over the last three yrs. means there are some of those players still playing.

I watched so many MVFC games last year, well same for CAA, & Socon but primarily MVFC and I can tell you from an outsiders perspective that it is a very good conference but when MVFC guys like to come on and say that it is better than the BSC I just scratch my head and wonder how?

Then I always see the same arguments about the top of the BSC and the bottom of the BSC being so far apart. I can tell you for a fact that there is precious little difference between the likes of NAU, Sac, Weber, MSU, EWU, & UM and ISU & PSU are maybe one or two players away from that group. Now UNC & ISU have pretty consistently not gotten it done so that's bad and I can see the perception but if ISU were to have an opportunity to play an MVFC team that you respected in the near future I'm pretty sure your paradigm would change on how easy they are.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Did this twice apparently.

Cleets
July 19th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I did compare them in terms of being a weekly grind but that doesn't mean I think the MVFC is a better conference than the CAA. God knows the only football entities in the universe and beyond that can compete with the CAA is the SEC and maybe the NFC East.

The MVFC is 1-2 against the Big Sky in the last 3 seasons:
1) EWU 38, NDSU 31 OT (2010)
2) NDSU 42, MSU 17 (2010)
3) Montana 61, SDSU 48 (2009)

Btw, the MVFC is 3-4 against the CAA in the last 3 seasons (****DISCLAIMER: I AGREE THAT THE CAA IS A BETTER CONFERENCE THAN THE MVFC!!!!****).

But sure, I mean since the MVFC is listed "friendly" as the 4th best conference in your words we should be talking about the head to head records against the SLC and OVC right? We obviously don't even compare to the mighty Big Sky looking at their domination of us over the last 3 years.

I apologize for putting MVFC and CAA in the same sentence, I'll make sure it never ever ever happens again after this.

So a .333% winning percentage against the Big Sky and .420% winning percentage against the CAA
amount to you thinking the MVFC is NOT located right where it should be in the poll

I repeat... THE MVFC is the 4th best conference (maybe) but not higher

ALL evidence in tact

JSUBison
July 19th, 2011, 05:26 PM
So a .333% winning percentage against the Big Sky and .420% winning percentage against the CAA
amount to you thinking the MVFC is NOT located right where it should be in the poll

I repeat... THE MVFC is the 4th best conference (maybe) but not higher

ALL evidence in tact

NDSU has home/homes with Montana and Montana State in the coming years. Don't know about USD and SDSU having any contracts with Big Sky teams in place as of now, but I'm sure they will continue scheduling Poly, SUU, etc when those teams enter the Sky. Don't know who else in the Valley actively plays Sky teams, but having more head to head games should help with comparisons.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2011, 05:57 PM
NDSU has home/homes with Montana and Montana State in the coming years. Don't know about USD and SDSU having any contracts with Big Sky teams in place as of now, but I'm sure they will continue scheduling Poly, SUU, etc when those teams enter the Sky. Don't know who else in the Valley actively plays Sky teams, but having more head to head games should help with comparisons.

Truth. Montana is gonna find out the hard way this year that we can either schedule a Tennessee OR a W. Oregon but it is just ****ing suicide to schedule both.

We are actually trying to schedule ourselves out of the playoffs and considering the fact that we are not nearly as in need of the payday as some teams are I sure would have tried to not do this.

I like a home game as much as the next guy but as far as the playoffs go I'd rather be on the road to any team in the Dakotas this year. This year may serve notice that if you are gonna go up you can't go down in the same season so the next time we play up they may remeber this and try and hit an FCS team...even on the road.