PDA

View Full Version : NDSU move towards an Oct. 21st game with Minnesota....

WYOBISONMAN
March 16th, 2006, 10:44 AM
It looks like difficulty in finding a DI-AA opponent to travel to Fargo on Oct. 21st may force NDSU into a second DI-A opponent next season. Reports out of WDAY-TV indicate that NDSU is getting close to scheduling a game with Minnesota at Minneapolis on Oct. 21st. This would be NDSU's second DI-A opponent (Ball State is the first) for the 2006 season.

Eaglegus2
March 16th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Hopefully, they will use the money made from 2 DIA games to help Georgia Southern offset some traveling expenses to Fargo in '07.:smiley_wi :nod:

RabidRabbit
March 16th, 2006, 02:52 PM
It looks like difficulty in finding a DI-AA opponent to travel to Fargo on Oct. 21st may force NDSU into a second DI-A opponent next season. Reports out of WDAY-TV indicate that NDSU is getting close to scheduling a game with Minnesota at Minneapolis on Oct. 21st. This would be NDSU's second DI-A opponent (Ball State is the first) for the 2006 season.

:bow: To our fellow DSU, you're showing major guts and determination, as well as :bang: in getting an all star line-up. You're xidiotx to tackle, but best of luck on all but the Dakota Marker :D game :bow:

All this from a team not eligible til 08! :hurray:

swaghook
March 16th, 2006, 06:27 PM
I was hoping for a home and home with the likes of UNI but I'll take MN over a DII.

Hansel
March 16th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Any word as to what the report actually said?

WYOBISONMAN
March 16th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Just that talks were proceeding with Maturi and Hallstom said he was pretty sure the game would be played.......This is second hand from a friend of mine in Fargo.....

bisonguy
March 16th, 2006, 09:12 PM
The lack of availabe DI-AA teams remaining that would travel to Fargo this year, and the fact that Bohl and Taylor stated they would not schedule another DII this year made Hallstrom say with 95% certainty that a NDSU/Minnesota game will happen.

Hurry up and check out the wday 10:00 sports at wday.com- last nights will still be archived for another 40 minutes or so.

Hansel
March 16th, 2006, 09:17 PM
The lack of availabe DI-AA teams remaining that would travel to Fargo this year, and the fact that Bohl and Taylor stated they would not schedule another DII this year made Hallstrom say with 95% certainty that a NDSU/Minnesota game will happen.

Hurry up and check out the wday 10:00 sports at wday.com- last nights will still be archived for another 40 minutes or so.
Thanks for the recap, I am having difficulty reading the scheduling threads on bisonville :(

NDSU_grad
March 17th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the recap, I am having difficulty reading the scheduling threads on bisonville :(
Would that be because 75% of them are idiotic?

Hansel
March 18th, 2006, 07:03 PM
yup...... :(

igo4uni
March 18th, 2006, 09:57 PM
I'd love to see UNI and NDSU get together for a home and home series. Perhaps we will see it in the future.

dakotadan
March 19th, 2006, 11:53 PM

DING! DING! DING!

The smack has gotten so out of control over there that it is impossible to have a decent conversation. While many people think the game will be a blow-out, I believe that you have to begin building somewhere.

aggie6thman
March 20th, 2006, 01:54 AM
Would the game count towards a Minnesota bowl game, if they are eligible? I would hate to see the Bison go through the same thing as us this year. I don't recomment that emotional roller coaster.: smh :

March 20th, 2006, 02:00 AM
Would the game count towards a Minnesota bowl game, if they are eligible?...No, not a counter.

aggie6thman
March 20th, 2006, 02:08 AM
No, not a counter.

Would that effect whether or not the game would be scheduled. I doubt that Minnesota would be willing to play a game that would not advance their own interests. Sounds like this game has the potential to fall through.

FargoBison
March 20th, 2006, 02:45 AM
Would that effect whether or not the game would be scheduled. I doubt that Minnesota would be willing to play a game that would not advance their own interests. Sounds like this game has the potential to fall through.

From what I understand Minnesota and NDSU were still trying to figure out if NDSU was a counter or not(I think we are though) but I don't think that matters because Minnesota has been pretty much begging us to play them and it seems like this game will happen no matter what. Minnesota wants NDSU because the 10-15,000 Bison fans will provide the school with a much bigger gate then any other available IAA opponent. NDSU is also playing IA Ball State next year but I don't think NDSU's status of being or not being a counter means much to them.

RabidRabbit
March 20th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Ralph - To be a counter, does team need to be 1) Not provisional AND 2) meet the 90% of the 63 scholarships?

If provisional is an issue, then no transitional should be able to schedule a game with a 1A. Otherwise, NDSU meets the scholarship issue.

March 20th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Ralph - To be a counter, does team need to be 1) Not provisional AND 2) meet the 90% of the 63 scholarships?
If provisional is an issue, then no transitional should be able to schedule a game with a 1A. Otherwise, NDSU meets the scholarship issue.Yeah, I think to be a counter you have to be D-I at least, not provisional.

FargoBison
March 20th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Local news just said that the NDSU vs Minnesota game is just about a done deal and an official announcement could be made by tommarrow morning.

Hansel
March 21st, 2006, 02:49 PM
official

http://www.gobison.com/

bison95
March 21st, 2006, 03:00 PM
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: xprost2x xprost2x :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :hyped: :nod: :nod: :rotateh: :rotateh: :D :D

Road Trip!!!!!!!!

Gil Dobie
March 21st, 2006, 04:15 PM
15 mile road trip instead of a 250 mile home game:) :nod:

bison95
March 21st, 2006, 04:23 PM
15 mile road trip instead of a 250 mile home game:) :nod:

5 Hours instead of 7

BisBison
March 21st, 2006, 09:47 PM
7 hours instead of 3, but what the hell it's big 10 action baby:hurray: :hurray:

X-Factor
March 22nd, 2006, 12:49 AM
Yeah, I think to be a counter you have to be D-I at least, not provisional.

actually I have never heard of provision being an issue of wether the game counts as bowl eligible. Just the scholarships, which NDSU already has the I-AA max. I think Bisonguy knows the answer to this one :read:

FargoBison
March 22nd, 2006, 01:20 AM
7 hours instead of 3, but what the hell it's big 10 action baby:hurray: :hurray:

3 1/2 hours instead of 3 1/2 minutes, but that won't even stop this poor college student from heading down to the MetroDome to watch NDSU battle Goldy.

bisonguy
March 22nd, 2006, 10:10 AM
actually I have never heard of provision being an issue of wether the game counts as bowl eligible. Just the scholarships, which NDSU already has the I-AA max. I think Bisonguy knows the answer to this one :read:

I haven't read anything that stated a provisional would be excluded, and this is one of the primary reasons why NDSU wanted to be fully funded in their second year. The financial aid requirement to be a bowl eligible game before was a minimum over the three preceeding years, which made for the 2007 game with Minnesota. The new requirement is a rolling two year average which will be met for the 2006 game.

Here's the entire excerpt from the 2005/2006 DI manual- (http://www.ncaa.org/library/membership/division_i_manual/2005-06/2005-06_d1_manual.pdf)

30.9.2.1 Exception—Division I-AA Opponent. [I-A] Each year, a Division I-A institution may
count one victory against a Division I-AA opponent toward the six-win minimum, provided the
Division I-AA opponent has averaged 90 percent of the permissible maximum number of grants-in-
aid per year in Division I-AA football over a rolling two-year period. (Adopted: 10/28/97 effective
8/1/98, Revised: 4/28/05)

30.9.2.1.1 Waiver. [I-A] The Football Issues Committee may approve a waiver of the 90 per-
cent requirement to permit a Division I-A institution to count a victory against a Division I-AA
opponent in the sport of football toward meeting the six-victory requirement when a unique or
catastrophic situation affects the Division I-AA institution’s ability to average 90 percent of the
permissible maximum number of grants-in-aid per year in Division I-AA football over a rolling
two-year period. (Adopted: 8/11/98, Revised: 4/28/05)