PDA

View Full Version : Montana Schools Not Moving Up and Not Going to the WAC

Green26
July 11th, 2011, 05:36 PM
The Montana schools are not moving up at anytime in the near future, and they are certainly not going to the WAC. That "rumor" is total nonsense and absolute BS. I assume the WAC is so desperate that they keep putting out rumors. There isn't much support for moving up among the fanbases of the Montana schools, there is opposition from important supporters of UM athletics, the Montana schools don't have sufficient funds or facilities to move up, moving to the WAC would be far too risky, and the conference presidents are supportive of the expanding Big Sky conference.

Mountaineer
July 11th, 2011, 05:37 PM
BobcatReport is never wrong!!!1!1!!!

TexasTerror
August 4th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Link from New Mexico newspaper about Montana...

The Western Athletic Conference isn't done expanding.

Last week commissioner Karl Benson said the league will look at adding two football-playing schools after the new year.

And with that being said, the University of Montana needs to be strongly pursued - again.

The school considered last March, but held off from taking the plunge.

Will they have a change of heart in 2012?

http://www.lcsun-news.com/las_cruces-sports/ci_18604164

Gil Dobie
August 4th, 2011, 06:51 AM
YET ;)

crossfire07
August 4th, 2011, 05:14 PM
I am not against schools moving up but I hate to see good competitive schools like Montana move up into conferences like the WAC. A road to nowhere. I'm glad Montana is staying FCS and not taking that road.

darell1976
August 4th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Montana schools just say..........NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burn the Horse
August 4th, 2011, 06:40 PM
smart move, the WAC is a joke now. any FCS program is better off waiting for something to change in the FBS.

frozennorth
August 4th, 2011, 07:08 PM
The wac would be a competive downgrade currently

crossfire07
August 4th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I think after the long standing members of the WAC get the trophy they have not been able to get because of Boise, they will look to depart. I have relatives in north La. That say Tech is already looking into it.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 4th, 2011, 08:54 PM
I live in fear that we could go FBS. It's an absolute nightmare for me until the WAC just goes away.

NoCoDanny
August 4th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Hopefully this becomes an annual event... the will they, won't they debate, very exciting! It's like a really bad sit com where they drag out the will they have sex drama for years and years.

Griz0383
August 5th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Not Moving to the WAC sounds like heaven! I will keep my season tickets and donate a small amount of $$$xtwocentsx to my school if they stay! If not I will be pissed but will find a way to move on! Can you imaging powerhouses like IDAHO and New Mexico state gracing the confines of WGS. How is that not a bad thing!:Dxlolxxbowx

DG Cowboy
August 5th, 2011, 10:18 AM
My head is so dizzy from all this conference jumping! Where is my Dr. Pepper? Does anyone else think that when all the FCS schools go up, the big boys in the FBS will set new standards so they can play with all the marbles by themselves? I'm talking about relegating whole conferences to a lower level?