PDA

View Full Version : Harvard QB Collier Winters earns top honors at Manning Passing Academy

bonarae
July 11th, 2011, 03:50 PM
http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20110711yqhscw

Harvard's Collier Winters Wins Top Honors at Manning Passing Academy

THIBODAUX, La. — Harvard Crimson quarterback Collier Winters stood tall this past weekend, beating out numerous big-name competitors, to win the "Air It Out" competition at the Manning Passing Academy at Nicholls State University.

Winters, who served as a camp counselor, topped 36 collegiate and professional QBs in the camp's main exhibition in front of 1,200 campers to earn bragging rights as the most accurate passer.

"There were some really great QBs, so it was an amazing experience to be out there and compete against the best," said Winters.

Wildcat80
July 11th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Congrats....but one photo tells it all (too short).

Green26
July 11th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I don't know who threw, but some of the college qb's at the camp included Andrew Luck, Kellen Moore, Landry Jones and the Kentucky qb. Congrats to the Harvard guy (really hard for me to say that). My son was there as a younger receiver. Great camp and instruction, and he enjoyed having the opportunity to talk to Luck and Moore. My son liked Cooper Manning. 800 of the 1200 campers were qb's.

crusader11
July 11th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Our DBs better be ready on Sept 17. Funny thing is though, I really was not overly impressed the last time I saw him play.

Green26
July 11th, 2011, 11:52 PM
The competition involved hitting a moving golf cart at 10 and 20 yards and going down the sidelines. 3 throws. The finals had the Harvard kid, Landry Jones of Okla, and the So Miss qb. The Harvard kid was 3-3 in the prelims and 3-3 in the finals.

Ivytalk
July 12th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Congrats....but one photo tells it all (too short).

He reminds me of a shorter Ryan Fitzpatrick with his running ability and accurate short passing. Hope the O-line gives him some protection this year!