PDA

View Full Version : Maine Football Player Killed in Motorcycle Accident

TexasTerror
July 11th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Condolences to the family, friends, teammates of this Maine running back...

A 2010 Cedar Crest High School graduate was killed in a crash involving 11 motorcycles in Schuylkill County Sunday afternoon.

Charles Kyeremeh Jr., 20, died in an accident on Route 125, just outside of Donaldson. At least one other person was hurt, according to the Pottsville Republican-Herald newspaper website.

Kyeremeh was the son of Charles and Bertha Kyeremeh, Acorn Drive, North Cornwall Township.

http://www.ldnews.com/ci_18450698?source=most_emailed

eaglewraith
July 11th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Always bad when smething like this happens. We lost WR Teddy Craft in July 2006 in a similar fashion.

blackbeard
July 11th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Very sad - prayers for his family, friends and teammates being sent.

Grizzaholic
July 11th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Well that sucks

bluehenbillk
July 11th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Sad news there. The article never said if he was wearing a helmet or not. I shake my head almost everyday watching people drive motorcycles without a helmet. It may not save your life, but it certainly would help...

Sader87
July 11th, 2011, 01:53 PM
I shake my head at people riding motorcycles (helmet or no) period....condolences to the Maine football family.

I-16Bandit
July 11th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Crash involving 11 motorcycles?

Never heard that before.

cannonballgsu
July 11th, 2011, 03:14 PM
From reading the article, it seems that one person lost control of his bike and crashed into the group of bikes just sitting around. I would NEVER ride without a helmet, but I don't think that it was really a factor here. If I hadn't been wearing a helmet when I crashed my dirtbike, I wouldn't be alive today. Hit my head so hard that I lost my memory for about an hour.

"State police at Schuylkill Haven had not released a report of the crash this morning, but Trooper Jeffrey A. Hummel told the Pottsville-Republican-Herald the accident occurred as a group of people on 10 motorcycles were hanging out near Good Spring Creek when a man on a motorcycle started speeding up the road.

Michael Scheib, assistant fire chief for Donaldson Fire Co., told the newspaper that the man went down the road, turned around and then came back up at a high rate of speed.

Hummel said the riders didn't know the 11th motorcyclist, but he was accelerating toward them and lost control of the bike."

OB55
July 11th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Screw the helmet folks, where was his seatbelt, huh?

Seawolf97
July 11th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Always sad to hear reports like this

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 11th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Sad when such a young person loses his/her life.

Thoughts and prayers with his family.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Truly sad news. Condolences to his family, friends, and teammates.