PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern Tickets Commercial

The Eagle's Cliff
July 9th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Pretty cool video to set the tone for 2011. Different versions of this commercial begin airing Monday, July 11. The link takes you to the video on the Athletics website. I never get tired of watching Freedom the Bald Eagle landing in SloMo at the end.

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/newMediaPlayer/console.htm?type=vod&id=779448&oemid=18700

ursus arctos horribilis
July 9th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Pretty cool video to set the tone for 2011. Different versions of this commercial begin airing Monday, July 11. The link takes you to the video on the Athletics website. I never get tired of watching Freedom the Bald Eagle landing in SloMo at the end.

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/newMediaPlayer/console.htm?type=vod&id=779448&oemid=18700

That is a really, really well done spot for GSU. Major pump up factor there!

The Eagle's Cliff
July 9th, 2011, 08:04 PM
That is a really, really well done spot for GSU. Major pump up factor there!

Thanks! There's been a lot of criticism on GSUFans of the Athletic Dept. (some of it deserved) in general and especially the AD, but recent changes created a "New Media" Dept, which will continue to do things like this as well as bring the website back "in-house" once the contract with JumpTV is up. The initial impact has been to bring the radio network in-house being run by the Voice of the Eagles, Chris Blair, who was previously with the network contracted to carry our athletics. WZAT 102 in Savannah is an ESPN station that carries the Falcons and Braves and now Georgia Southern with 100,000 watts so Citdog can listen to our games in Charleston.

Our new president Brooks Keel is exhibiting great leadership by investing in the infrastructure of Georgia Southern Athletics and has us headed back to being at the top of FCS (and perhaps beyond) with App St, Montana, etc.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 10th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks! There's been a lot of criticism on GSUFans of the Athletic Dept. (some of it deserved) in general and especially the AD, but recent changes created a "New Media" Dept, which will continue to do things like this as well as bring the website back "in-house" once the contract with JumpTV is up. The initial impact has been to bring the radio network in-house being run by the Voice of the Eagles, Chris Blair, who was previously with the network contracted to carry our athletics. WZAT 102 in Savannah is an ESPN station that carries the Falcons and Braves and now Georgia Southern with 100,000 watts so Citdog can listen to our games in Charleston.

Our new president Brooks Keel is exhibiting great leadership by investing in the infrastructure of Georgia Southern Athletics and has us headed back to being at the top of FCS (and perhaps beyond) with App St, Montana, etc.

Cool, it appears that GSU may be working toward building excitement and giving the favs a quality experience that is more commensurate with the program status.

Grizzaholic
July 10th, 2011, 02:47 PM
That is very very well done.

GaSouthern
July 10th, 2011, 03:12 PM
We now caught up with the Griz commercials from 4 years ago :(

PS: the commercial before the vid is annoying, I hope they are making some real money off of it.

PSS: I do happen to LOVE the GSU video though, I hope to see much more like this xthumbsupx

Grizzaholic
July 10th, 2011, 03:17 PM

PS: the commercial before the vid is annoying, I hope they are making some real money off of it.

PSS: I do happen to LOVE the GSU video though, I hope to see much more like this xthumbsupx

Don't be all negative. From the sounds of it, this is a huge leap in the right direction. I would be pumped. Just sayin'.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 10th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Don't be all negative. From the sounds of it, this is a huge leap in the right direction. I would be pumped. Just sayin'.

That's what I'm thinking too. There should be a move on here and on GSUFans.com to send an email stating that this was noticed and really appreciated and that their move in this direction is a very welcome move by the fans.

If a GSU fan would post me the link to send a congratulatory note I would gladly tell them "Good Job".

They were behind the curve a little bit and App & Montana were doing good things but having teams like GSU, Delaware, JMU, and hell all others that can do this get on the wagon is a good thing so nurture the good work and let the former bad work be left in the past.

Grizzaholic
July 10th, 2011, 03:37 PM
That's what I'm thinking too. There should be a move on here and on GSUFans.com to send an email stating that this was noticed and really appreciated and that their move in this direction is a very welcome move by the fans.

If a GSU fan would post me the link to send a congratulatory note I would gladly tell them "Good Job".

They were behind the curve a little bit and App & Montana were doing good things but having teams like GSU, Delaware, JMU, and hell all others that can do this get on the wagon is a good thing so nurture the good work and let the former bad work be left in the past.

I will as well. I love seeing videos like that from other teams...especially when I get to watch that team maybe once or twice a year.

AppStsGr8
July 11th, 2011, 07:31 AM
That's very well done.

chattownmocs
July 11th, 2011, 10:03 AM
The Monken halftime speech at Navy was a real yawner. Newsflash: Georgia Southern is NOT supposed to beat Navy.

eaglewraith
July 11th, 2011, 10:23 AM
The Monken halftime speech at Navy was a real yawner. Newsflash: Georgia Southern is NOT supposed to beat Navy.

Uh ok. If you would have watched that game you'd realize it was down to the wire. Navy only won by 6 points.

We had them on the ropes we just couldn't deliver the knockout punch. Chatty should know all about that.

chattownmocs
July 11th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Uh ok. If you would have watched that game you'd realize it was down to the wire. Navy only won by 6 points.

We had them on the ropes we just couldn't deliver the knockout punch. Chatty should know all about that.

You weren't supposed to beat them.

eaglewraith
July 11th, 2011, 11:15 AM

You weren't supposed to beat App last year but you've been acting like you were supposed to.

FCS_pwns_FBS
July 11th, 2011, 11:52 AM

We were supposed to win some games that we are not supposed to win.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2011, 12:19 PM

You'd make a hell of a coach! I guess you didn't watch the game but I did and that was an extremely appropriate sentiment considering the audience and how well they were playing in that game.

You apparently don't see the difference between talking to the team and the general football audience though which is really sort of a sad commentary on it.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2011, 12:20 PM
We were supposed to win some games that we are not supposed to win.

That is actually quite beatifully said.

The Eagle's Cliff
July 11th, 2011, 12:50 PM

The context of the speech is better understood by those who have followed Ga Southern. The mentality of our program was, for years, to go out and "expect to win", as well we did most of the time. That attitude has been missing for many years and we've looked more like the Chattanooga Mocs than the Georgia Southern Eagles. Coach Monken's speech let us know the attitude has returned and when the talent catches up, we'll be completely back.

chattownmocs
July 11th, 2011, 03:47 PM
You'd make a hell of a coach! I guess you didn't watch the game but I did and that was an extremely appropriate sentiment considering the audience and how well they were playing in that game.

You apparently don't see the difference between talking to the team and the general football audience though which is really sort of a sad commentary on it.

Players don't buy that.

chattownmocs
July 11th, 2011, 03:48 PM
The context of the speech is better understood by those who have followed Ga Southern. The mentality of our program was, for years, to go out and "expect to win", as well we did most of the time. That attitude has been missing for many years and we've looked more like the Chattanooga Mocs than the Georgia Southern Eagles. Coach Monken's speech let us know the attitude has returned and when the talent catches up, we'll be completely back.

Unfortunately for Coach Monken, the attititude for a football team is not easily generated at halftime.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Players don't buy that.

Nobody is selling me anything. I can see it for myself without the help. It's what coaches do and I'm damn sure you have even said yourself "I don't know what he told them at halftime but they came out and kicked some ***" and if yuo say you haven't uttered that then I'll tend no to buy that.

chattownmocs
July 11th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Nobody is selling me anything. I can see it for myself without the help. It's what coaches do and I'm damn sure you have even said yourself "I don't know what he told them at halftime but they came out and kicked some ***" and if yuo say you haven't uttered that then I'll tend no to buy that.

I guarantee you after Georgia Southern won the 2nd half 7-0 he didnt yell at them for losing a game "they were supposed to win"

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I guarantee you after Georgia Southern won the 2nd half 7-0 he didnt yell at them for losing a game "they were supposed to win"

So what?

What he said as a coach to his players may have helped them win that second 1/2 but fall just short in spite of that. He was motivating them pure and simple. That's what coaches do.

You can make any guarantee you want but you have no idea which way he handled it after the loss but I'll bet he handled like a good coach would.

You're trying to make up some silly *** spiteful crap which is apparently your shtick but it just ain't gonna play cuz your fairly transparent on this one.

Good for you!

chattownmocs
July 11th, 2011, 04:43 PM
So what?

What he said as a coach to his players may have helped them win that second 1/2 but fall just short in spite of that. He was motivating them pure and simple. That's what coaches do.

You can make any guarantee you want but you have no idea which way he handled it after the loss but I'll bet he handled like a good coach would.

You're trying to make up some silly *** spiteful crap which is apparently your shtick but it just ain't gonna play cuz your fairly transparent on this one.

Good for you!

It was a failed motivational tactic.

GSU EAGLES
July 11th, 2011, 05:53 PM

Is it past you bed time yet young fella? Wait it is summertime so you probably get to stay up a little later than normal.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2011, 06:15 PM

Really? GSU won the second 1/2 so I'm not sure you got that right.

You were talking about the 1/2 time words. GSU won the 1/2 after those words. Seems like it may have worked although you contend that it was meaningless.

I guess I'm not sure which way you are going here because you have said two different things.

Oh well, your main attempt is to take something away from what GSU has done with this commercial by latching on to some small thing that you thought was a "gotcha" type of thing when it wasn't anyway so it doesn't work.

It's a great commercial and you will probably just have to live with that.

GaSouthern
July 11th, 2011, 06:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxmzgAFKgDI

Thats what I was talkin about so nobody thinks i'm full of crap.

citdog
July 11th, 2011, 06:39 PM
i have to watch these ****ty commercials during the Braves games. i take a shower after each viewing.

at least these are better than the ALMOST, but not quite, as GAY as hot hot hot commercials with hatcher on the bus.

eaglewraith
July 11th, 2011, 06:42 PM

Look, Monken doesn't come to your job and knock dicks out of your mouth and say how you should be doing it. Maybe you should save the criticism cause you have no idea what you're saying. In other words, http://eatabagofdicks.com/

http://www.eatabagofdicks.com/bag.gif

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2011, 06:58 PM

There were two in 2007 and they have kept the theme just changing it slightly every year and doing something different. I'd have to look for the last one but this give you the idea of what they do. This is the 2009 version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-jt5ACBh2o

That's the reason I think that you guys will be having some great videos because when they have something really cool done they usually want to keep it at at least that level.

chattownmocs
July 11th, 2011, 07:24 PM
And here comes the typical sourthern half of Georgia trash. Hey, YOU LOST the football game, it wasnt a good speech, it was weak as could be. It was a failure.

Eaglesrus
July 11th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Really? GSU won the second 1/2 so I'm not sure you got that right.

You were talking about the 1/2 time words. GSU won the 1/2 after those words. Seems like it may have worked although you contend that it was meaningless.

I guess I'm not sure which way you are going here because you have said two different things.

Oh well, your main attempt is to take something away from what GSU has done with this commercial by latching on to some small thing that you thought was a "gotcha" type of thing when it wasn't anyway so it doesn't work.

It's a great commercial and you will probably just have to live with that.

Come on urs, you know we just won the second half because Navy was so far ahead they were cruising at that point. Seriously, knowing that anyone with any sense couldn't possibly say the ridiculous things chattownmocs does with a straight face, he really must have a high ol' time with what time he's allowed on the computer!

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2011, 07:40 PM
And here comes the typical sourthern half of Georgia trash. Hey, YOU LOST the football game, it wasnt a good speech, it was weak as could be. It was a failure.

Oh I got none of that Georgia thing going or it's typical trash. What I have seen is that you must think you have some right to be able to try and start some crap and then walk away as if you didn't do this yourself.

Weak dude, very, very weak. If you're gonna dish it out then at least be a man and take it without crying about it.xthumbsupx

eaglewraith
July 11th, 2011, 07:41 PM

The correct response is "NOM NOM NOM NOM"

chattownmocs
July 11th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Oh I got none of that Georgia thing going or it's typical trash. What I have seen is that you must think you have some right to be able to try and start some crap and then walk away as if you didn't do this yourself.

Weak dude, very, very weak. If you're gonna dish it out then at least be a man and take it without crying about it.xthumbsupx

What weak is "eat a bag of dicks" or "does your mom know you are on the computer" these are weak. Its also weak to put a failed halftime speech on the video section of you website as if it is stuff of legend. Georgia southern lost a game that they were supposed to lose.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Come on urs, you know we just won the second half because Navy was so far ahead they were cruising at that point. Seriously, knowing that anyone with any sense couldn't possibly say the ridiculous things chattownmocs does with a straight face, he really must have a high ol' time with what time he's allowed on the computer!

Well I suppose there could be some truth to that but I'm a bystander without a dog in the fight so I can tell him what he looks like without having any emotion on the matter. Just trying to help out and all.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 11th, 2011, 07:53 PM
What weak is "eat a bag of dicks" or "does your mom know you are on the computer" these are weak. Its also weak to put a failed halftime speech on the video section of you website as if it is stuff of legend. Georgia southern lost a game that they were supposed to lose.

And yet, you were whining about GSU talking trash about beating you head to head...at your place? You can't really be trying to say that you grabbing on to some little tidbit in a great video and talking about them losing it is a "good job" on your part can ya? You're trying to talk some weird smack about a halftime speech against a team that beat them just barely with an extra full team on both sides of the ball...at their house?

What is wrong with you? A hammer and a nail are not rivals and if your team is the nail in this scenario you may want to try and not start something that has the hammer telling you how many times/or the last time they hammered you into the board.

Just sayin'...

eaglemachine
July 11th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Players don't buy that.

and your a chatty fan...I would not expect you to know about motivation and players buying in.

chattownmocs
July 12th, 2011, 07:52 AM
And yet, you were whining about GSU talking trash about beating you head to head...at your place? You can't really be trying to say that you grabbing on to some little tidbit in a great video and talking about them losing it is a "good job" on your part can ya? You're trying to talk some weird smack about a halftime speech against a team that beat them just barely with an extra full team on both sides of the ball...at their house?

What is wrong with you? A hammer and a nail are not rivals and if your team is the nail in this scenario you may want to try and not start something that has the hammer telling you how many times/or the last time they hammered you into the board.

Just sayin'...

Another long, drawn out, incoherent, rant by you. Why do you insist on doing this? I can guarantee you that I never "whined about GSU talking trash about beating us at our place." Mainly because this beating at our place did not occur. So stop with the garbage, you lose.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 12th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Another long, drawn out, incoherent, rant by you. Why do you insist on doing this? I can guarantee you that I never "whined about GSU talking trash about beating us at our place." Mainly because this beating at our place did not occur. So stop with the garbage, you lose.

did i

Twentysix
July 12th, 2011, 08:18 AM

That is the best school related commercial ive ever seen. The GSU video is a good one but its not even close imo.

There were two in 2007 and they have kept the theme just changing it slightly every year and doing something different. I'd have to look for the last one but this give you the idea of what they do. This is the 2009 version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-jt5ACBh2o

That's the reason I think that you guys will be having some great videos because when they have something really cool done they usually want to keep it at at least that level.

Bad, the 2007 one is the best FCS (possibly FBS/BCS) football comerical ever.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 12th, 2011, 04:23 PM
TwentySix, I think the original is best as well but you think the other one is bad? I still like what they did with that one too as a change up.

chattownmocs
July 12th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Are these long-drawn out "commercials" even shown on local tv? You've got to keep it to 30 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BGv9tUnTBg&feature=related

ursus arctos horribilis
July 12th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I'll pass that 30 second thing on to whoever is doing these and let them know you said so.

Of course if a 1 minute commercial comes on and everybody does nothing but stare at the TV and intently watch then that might work too.

Nothing really wrong with the Chatty commercial but it sure doesn't stir any emotion to get your tickets and is pretty bland but if I were a Chatty fan I'd still appreciate at least seeing that once in a while.

citdog
July 12th, 2011, 06:42 PM
be safe on "that" water!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hICV-U9fsEo&NR=1

ursus arctos horribilis
July 12th, 2011, 06:47 PM
be safe on "that" water!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hICV-U9fsEo&NR=1

Yeah, I don't know if that's good for anybody.xlolx

App's football videos are pretty outstanding though but PSA stuff is always bad.

Skjellyfetti
July 12th, 2011, 06:50 PM
be safe on "that" water!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPVkDhpe0aE

eaglewraith
July 12th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Are these long-drawn out "commercials" even shown on local tv? You've got to keep it to 30 seconds

Your commercial is 2 seconds over. You fail.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 12th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Your commercial is 2 seconds over. You fail.

Did you see the part in that video where the coach says "This is Chattanooga's team".

Five guys standing there?

That's an idiotic lie man, they don't play with only 5 guys do they?

What a silly misrepresentation that is. It's just ridiculous to think that.

Tribal
July 12th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I, too, am not a fan of Monken's halftime speeches. Whatever he said to his team in Williamsburg does not sit well with me and he should refrain from it when we play GSU in Frisco this season.

Twentysix
July 12th, 2011, 09:50 PM
TwentySix, I think the original is best as well but you think the other one is bad? I still like what they did with that one too as a change up.

Bad no. Bad compared to the first one yes.

Twentysix
July 12th, 2011, 09:53 PM

That was stop mowing your yard bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPgJZZN2Oc&feature=channel_video_title <--- this one gives me the lulz they played this shiat on tv.

They have gotten considerably better but they still dont even come close to that 2007 griz ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAUJkqELrzg&feature=channel_video_title

chattownmocs
July 13th, 2011, 07:34 AM
That was stop mowing your yard bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPgJZZN2Oc&feature=channel_video_title <--- this one gives me the lulz they played this shiat on tv.

They have gotten considerably better but they still dont even come close to that 2007 griz ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAUJkqELrzg&feature=channel_video_title

I'm not sure that these long ads are even showable on TV. But our ad wasn't bad at all it was perfectly effective for what its intent was. To get the locals out. Trying to paint it as if it is some epic event probably wouldn't play well in SEC country.

Twentysix
July 13th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I'm not sure that these long ads are even showable on TV. But our ad wasn't bad at all it was perfectly effective for what its intent was. To get the locals out. Trying to paint it as if it is some epic event probably wouldn't play well in SEC country.

It plays like some high school kids got a camcorder and sony vegas. I don't know how you can say having a crappy commerical is better cause the SEC is in your area. :S

No one who has never been exposed to a program before is going to get season tickets or go to a game because of a commerical. I think they act more like a reminder. "Oh yeah, the bison are playing, I went to a game and it was really fun I should go again." Thought the guy/girl watching the tv.

Long local commericials and long national commericials are on tv, this only 30 second rule is something you made up. Are alot of commericials 30 seconds? Yes, do they have to be? No, the spot is just more expensive.

Example from a 2 second google I have seen this commericial on tv quite a few times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKL254Y_jtc

If you need more examples i can keep looking and find you thousands of commercials that played on tv that are over 30 seconds (including your 32 second commericial.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwU4fJpXcJ8&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdtejCR413c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAg-r0a7MFk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsLsEj5O6PI

The Eagle's Cliff
July 13th, 2011, 09:11 AM

The video I posted was the "Director's Cut" full video. There are 30-second edited versions actually on TV.

Your attitude about UTC is one that is not needed by the Mocs or any FCS School. You are a Tennessee Volunteer fan first and a Moc fan because you happen to live in Chattanooga. Why should the Mocs commercial look so amateurish? The SEC might be more important to you, but when Saturday's in the fall roll around, people around here are all about FCS.

Twentysix
July 13th, 2011, 09:14 AM
The video I posted was the "Director's Cut" full video. There are 30-second edited versions actually on TV.

Your attitude about UTC is one that is not needed by the Mocs or any FCS School. You are a Tennessee Volunteer fan first and a Moc fan because you happen to live in Chattanooga. Why should the Mocs commercial look so amateurish? The SEC might be more important to you, but when Saturday's in the fall roll around, people around here are all about FCS.

+++

chattownmocs
July 13th, 2011, 12:58 PM
It plays like some high school kids got a camcorder and sony vegas. I don't know how you can say having a crappy commerical is better cause the SEC is in your area. :S

No one who has never been exposed to a program before is going to get season tickets or go to a game because of a commerical. I think they act more like a reminder. "Oh yeah, the bison are playing, I went to a game and it was really fun I should go again." Thought the guy/girl watching the tv.

Long local commericials and long national commericials are on tv, this only 30 second rule is something you made up. Are alot of commericials 30 seconds? Yes, do they have to be? No, the spot is just more expensive.

Example from a 2 second google I have seen this commericial on tv quite a few times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKL254Y_jtc

If you need more examples i can keep looking and find you thousands of commercials that played on tv that are over 30 seconds (including your 32 second commericial.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwU4fJpXcJ8&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdtejCR413c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAg-r0a7MFk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsLsEj5O6PI

There are no 2:00 college football ticket advertisements on TV. There are NONE.

GSUhooligan
July 13th, 2011, 12:59 PM

BWAAHAAHAAAHAAA Was that done by Chattanooga State's video editing certificate program? What a piece of ****.

chattownmocs
July 13th, 2011, 01:02 PM

Amateurish is some video collage with epic music in the background. Hard for a video showing players and coaches is a light hearted manner to be amateurish. You can go to youtube and find amateur college football videos. They all look like what we have seen here today. None of them are like Chattanooga's videos. This isn't Statesboro, Georgia, this is not a college town of 27,000. Sure people there are "all about Georgia Southern" because of most of them are current students at Georgia Southern.

Twentysix
July 13th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Amateurish is some video collage with epic music in the background. Hard for a video showing players and coaches is a light hearted manner to be amateurish. You can go to youtube and find amateur college football videos. They all look like what we have seen here today. None of them are like Chattanooga's videos. This isn't Statesboro, Georgia, this is not a college town of 27,000. Sure people there are "all about Georgia Southern" because of most of them are current students at Georgia Southern.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUV4YKbiVxQ

Amateurism by your definition. You should probably give up. :S

I would also like it known, that I did not seek this out, I typed NFL COMMERCIAL into google and this was the very first thing i clicked. (google video 4th video down).

It is also somehow over 30 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlelz3BPMAA&feature=related Amateurism and over 30 seconds, Epic music, collage of hits. Man these companies need to learn a thing or two, probably from the SEC than UTC.

chattownmocs
July 13th, 2011, 04:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUV4YKbiVxQ

Amateurism by your definition. You should probably give up. :S

I would also like it known, that I did not seek this out, I typed NFL COMMERCIAL into google and this was the very first thing i clicked. (google video 4th video down).

It is also somehow over 30 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlelz3BPMAA&feature=related Amateurism and over 30 seconds, Epic music, collage of hits. Man these companies need to learn a thing or two, probably from the SEC than UTC.

See the NFL pays alot of money to make and air their commercials. They aren't overselling their product like the videos we have scene here. Its the NFL. When it comes to college football. These are as good as it gets.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tombras#p/u/6/J-xWKoc8U6Y

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tombras#p/u/20/6RJeH5UXLYM

But if Chattanooga tried to pull something like this off, noone would buy it.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 13th, 2011, 06:06 PM
See the NFL pays alot of money to make and air their commercials. They aren't overselling their product like the videos we have scene here. Its the NFL. When it comes to college football. These are as good as it gets.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tombras#p/u/6/J-xWKoc8U6Y

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tombras#p/u/20/6RJeH5UXLYM

But if Chattanooga tried to pull something like this off, noone would buy it.xlolx
How sad though.

Twentysix
July 13th, 2011, 06:12 PM
xlolx
How sad though.

Its my opinion, but those suck compared to the griz commercial.

This one sucks compared to the griz commercial too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq_MqvOm1tU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvCPEoKltEg .

ursus arctos horribilis
July 13th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Its my opinion, but those suck compared to the griz commercial.

In comparison they suffer a little I guess but I was more going toward the crux of his argument with you, me, whoever and the complex that is exhibited that they can't try and do good work for the school because of some self imposed subjugation. I can see the fans of the big school looking down their nose at ya but when your own students/alums do it that is a very sad position to be in.

On top of that then trying to make some silly claims as to why it shouldn't be done by others in your division because of your own low self esteem is really, really pathetic.

Twentysix
July 13th, 2011, 06:25 PM
I have actually quite enjoyed this conversation.

Not for the content. But because it has in a way forced me to watch other teams promotional videos.

I just saw this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQNbVu3c1Xk <--- NDSU is very prominent in this promo lmao.

Its also interesting how some of the "bigger" BCS schools dont even advertise tickets cause you simply cant buy them. UTenn not included.

I found it interesting that Penn State had a ticket promo video.

---

On a side note though, I kinda get what chattownmocs is getting at. I heard D2 schools only get construction paper and crayola's to make their commercials.

chattownmocs
July 13th, 2011, 07:00 PM
xlolx
How sad though.

Its reality. The montana commercials are entertaining and probably effective. From what Ive seen montana has a very good gameday atmosphere. But even then, it wouldnt work for Montana either if they were in a larger metropolitan area and had programs like Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia right down the road.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 13th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Its reality. The montana commercials are entertaining and probably effective. From what Ive seen montana has a very good gameday atmosphere. But even then, it wouldnt work for Montana either if they were in a larger metropolitan area and had programs like Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia right down the road.

Well I could see that as an arguement except that App and GSU do have those schools in the area but don't mind putting forth quality promos and doing well at it.

You do those kind of things to generate excitement from YOUR FANS and your season ticket holders. I don't think you just look at UT and say "ah **** it, we ain't as good so we don't need to try cuz nobody is gonna buy into a great atmosphere here". Chattanooga and the surrounding area has plenty of population that ain't going to Knoxville.

As I said I just don't get the poor mouthing and self subjugation you do for really no reason whatsoever.

citdog
July 13th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Well I could see that as an arguement except that App and GSU do have those schools in the area but don't mind putting forth quality promos and doing well at it.

You do those kind of things to generate excitement from YOUR FANS and your season ticket holders. I don't think you just look at UT and say "ah **** it, we ain't as good so we don't need to try cuz nobody is gonna buy into a great atmosphere here". Chattanooga and the surrounding area has plenty of population that ain't going to Knoxville.

As I said I just don't get the poor mouthing and self subjugation you do for really no reason whatsoever.

His thinking is, like 99.9% of all choo-choo 'fans', UT Uber Alles.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 13th, 2011, 08:25 PM
His thinking is, like 99.9% of all choo-choo 'fans', UT Uber Alles.

That is extremely unfortunate for the Chattanooga players, coaches, etc...

eaglewraith
July 13th, 2011, 08:48 PM
It's all about perception. Do you want to put something out there that looks professional and is designed to bring excitement? Especially if you go the HD route because football in HD looks soooo good. Football fans love seeing hits and big plays, they're explosive and get you on the edge of your seat. Even tailgating action gets people thinking about football and going to games. I like this option.

Or the other alternative....you can put out something that looks like chattownmocs did it in his mom's basement with Windows Movie Maker.

Which would you prefer your school to do?

chattownmocs
July 13th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Do you guys even understand the loacation of chattanooga? It is literally right on the Georgia border, and a few minutes from Alabama. Do you honsestly believe that 99.9% of the college football fans here are Tennessee fans? Dont be dumb. Obviously when you are in a city with a little size, and you are so close to so many tradition-rich Major college football programs, an FCS school, ANY FCS school is going to take a backseat. Maybe if you are in a town of 25000 with a school of 15000, it would be different no matter where you are located. This is not a college town, it is a college football town though, and SEC football is king. AS IT SHOULD BE. If Chattanooga wins big, they will sell out every week. They went 6-5 last year and still were easily in the top 25 in attendance. Chattanooga football will grow as we improve, but even if we win the next 10 national titles, it will never be the biggest game around.

Grizzaholic
July 13th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Do you guys even understand the loacation of chattanooga?

Do you even understand wanting to promote your product and get YOUR current/prospective fans ready and wanting to attend your games? Why are you so negative?

chattownmocs
July 13th, 2011, 08:58 PM
It's all about perception. Do you want to put something out there that looks professional and is designed to bring excitement? Especially if you go the HD route because football in HD looks soooo good. Football fans love seeing hits and big plays, they're explosive and get you on the edge of your seat. Even tailgating action gets people thinking about football and going to games. I like this option.

Or the other alternative....you can put out something that looks like chattownmocs did it in his mom's basement with Windows Movie Maker.

Which would you prefer your school to do?

You are confused, anyone can make a video callage with epic music in the background out of their basement. Kind of hard to get 2 future NFL draft picks and the head coach to come to your basement.

chattownmocs
July 13th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Do you even understand wanting to promote your product and get YOUR current/prospective fans ready and wanting to attend your games? Why are you so negative?

Yeah I do, the question is, what method do you want to use to get the job done. Some fans want to know the date and time of the game. Others want a pep rally to make them feel like their team is really the pinnacle of college football.

Grizzaholic
July 13th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Yeah I do, the question is, what method do you want to use to get the job done. Some fans want to know the date and time of the game. Others want a pep rally to make them feel like their team is really the pinnacle of college football.

So...why are you against having a well done commercial/video done again?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 13th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Do you guys even understand the loacation of chattanooga? It is literally right on the Georgia border, and a few minutes from Alabama. Do you honsestly believe that 99.9% of the college football fans here are Tennessee fans? Dont be dumb. Obviously when you are in a city with a little size, and you are so close to so many tradition-rich Major college football programs, an FCS school, ANY FCS school is going to take a backseat. Maybe if you are in a town of 25000 with a school of 15000, it would be different no matter where you are located. This is not a college town, it is a college football town though, and SEC football is king. AS IT SHOULD BE. If Chattanooga wins big, they will sell out every week. They went 6-5 last year and still were easily in the top 25 in attendance. Chattanooga football will grow as we improve, but even if we win the next 10 national titles, it will never be the biggest game around.

WTF do you not understand about this? It does not have to be the biggest game around to want to put it's best foot forward and have some pride.

Your problem is simple your focus is on the SEC and those teams and your own alma mater is an afterthought and since it shows in the production you are making excuses for why it is and it should be that way.

We are not comparing your institution to Alabama, UT, or any other SEC team. I couldn't give a rats *** about SEC. I/we are making comparisons to your peer institutions in FCS and you are acting like none of the schools doing it better than yours should be because of your hard on for the SEC. You want to worship your big brothers like they are some kind of god then go ahead and be my guest but don't make excuses for being the ugly kid at the dance because you hold yourself in low esteem in comparison.

GSU having 50-60% of the towns population sound like the ultimate college town in America to me.

I've been to Chattanooga 4 times and loved it and know the surrounding area btw. Never met one guy from there that was as big of a fun vampire as you appear to be either. If you stop in at Porkers tell them the extremely handsome dudes from Montana say "hello".xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 13th, 2011, 09:12 PM

You may want to try dressing for the job you want son. You really are the lakesbison of Chattanooga aren't you?

chattownmocs
July 13th, 2011, 09:13 PM
WTF do you not understand about this? It does not have to be the biggest game around to want to put it's best foot forward and have some pride.

Your problem is simple your focus is on the SEC and those teams and your own alma mater is an afterthought and since it shows in the production you are making excuses for why it is and it should be that way.

We are not comparing your institution to Alabama, UT, or any other SEC team. I couldn't give a rats *** about SEC. I/we are making comparisons to your peer institutions in FCS and you are acting like none of the schools doing it better than yours should be because of your hard on for the SEC. You want to worship your big brothers like they are some kind of god then go ahead and be my guest but don't make excuses for being the ugly kid at the dance because you hold yourself in low esteem in comparison.

GSU having 50-60% of the towns population sound like the ultimate college town in America to me.

I've been to Chattanooga 4 times and loved it and know the surrounding area btw. Never met one guy from there that was as big of a fun vampire as you appear to be either. If you stop in at Porkers tell them the extremely handsome dudes from Montana say "hello".xthumbsupx

Im not an alumni of UTC, Neither are most of the people in this town. Thats the difference. Most people around here are fans of SEC schools. Thats why you dont oversell chattanooga football to them.

Grizzaholic
July 13th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Im not an alumni of UTC, Neither are most of the people in this town. Thats the difference. Most people around here are fans of SEC schools. Thats why you dont oversell chattanooga football to them.

SO ****ing what. It is the school of the town so why should people NOT care? If the school puts out a kick-*** video it might be a big boost for the U. You are probably the most negative person that I have ever associated with. If you don't give two rats asses about Chattanoga, then let them do their own thing without having you ***** and moan, like you know what is best for them.

chattownmocs
July 13th, 2011, 09:33 PM
SO ****ing what. It is the school of the town so why should people NOT care? If the school puts out a kick-*** video it might be a big boost for the U. You are probably the most negative person that I have ever associated with. If you don't give two rats asses about Chattanoga, then let them do their own thing without having you ***** and moan, like you know what is best for them.

Go back and read the thread. Our video actually has players and coaches urging to fans to come. It has branding such as "Chattanooga's team" "Restore the Glory" The video was a played a large part in producing the largest crowd in years. It was the perfect video for where our program is. What it didnt do is try to showcase what a great experience it is, or the great tradition. Because the reality is, the competition for our market, is miles ahead in those areas. We arent competing wil Georgia Southern and App State for fans. We are competing with the SEC.

Grizzaholic
July 13th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Go back and read the thread. Our video actually has players and coaches urging to fans to come. It has branding such as "Chattanooga's team" "Restore the Glory" The video was a played a large part in producing the largest crowd in years. It was the perfect video for where our program is. What it didnt do is try to showcase what a great experience it is, or the great tradition. Because the reality is, the competition for our market, is miles ahead in those areas. We arent competing wil Georgia Southern and App State for fans. We are competing with the SEC.

xbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangx

dgtw
July 13th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Jax State is in the same boat as UTC when it comes to having big name teams in its backyard and that didn't stop them from putting out a pretty good commercial last year. And why did Georgia Southern put this ad together with all those Georgia Bulldog fans in town?

straightshooter
July 13th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Don't be fooled. Savannah, Statesboro and most of south GA are full of UGA fans. Go to extreme south GA and you're fighting with Univ. of Florida and Florida State fans. Go west a bit and it's Auburn. GSU is not that far from the Savannah River, which separates GA from SC. Cross the river into the country and it's Clemson. Go to the towns and its the USC Gamecocks. And Chattanooga is worried about Tennessee...give me a break!

dgtw
July 13th, 2011, 11:06 PM
My wife and I went to Chattanooga last weekend. We passed by an Academy Sports store and went inside. We were hoping to find a UTC wrestling t-shirt for our son, who is a wrestler for his schoool team. (His coach went to UTC). They had maybe three rows of UTC shirts (all just general shirts) and tons of stuff from UT and Alabama. We went to a t-shirt store at the mall and didn't see any UTC stuff. We probably should have looked for a store on campus, but didn't have time to go down there.

cmaxwellgsu
July 14th, 2011, 01:10 AM
I can see why chattownmocs resents our ads....our name appears in his stadium more than UTC does!

The Eagle's Cliff
July 14th, 2011, 07:52 AM
My wife and I went to Chattanooga last weekend. We passed by an Academy Sports store and went inside. We were hoping to find a UTC wrestling t-shirt for our son, who is a wrestler for his schoool team. (His coach went to UTC). They had maybe three rows of UTC shirts (all just general shirts) and tons of stuff from UT and Alabama. We went to a t-shirt store at the mall and didn't see any UTC stuff. We probably should have looked for a store on campus, but didn't have time to go down there.

This will happen in Statesboro and Savannah with Ga Southern gear. The presence of bigger, older schools is a reality that will never go away, but we don't choose to take a back seat to them by downplaying our product. I doubt Chattanooga has that attitude and the game day experience in 2010 showed much improvement. Chattown is just being an antagonist and a typical SEC doofus.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Chattanooga has not downplayed its product, they chose not to Showcase the parts of a game day experience that are dramatically inferior to the competition. Its basic advertising. On the other hand, these other ads promote the experience of going to their schools football games as some sort of "cant miss" experience. Maybe that works for you, but that is a failed move in Chattanooga.

pike51
July 14th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Chattanooga has not downplayed its product, they chose not to Showcase the parts of a game day experience that are dramatically inferior to the competition. Its basic advertising. On the other hand, these other ads promote the experience of going to their schools football games as some sort of "cant miss" experience. Maybe that works for you, but that is a failed move in Chattanooga.

You got this right... because nothing about Chattanooga football is "can't miss".

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 09:17 AM
You got this right... because nothing about Chattanooga football is "can't miss".

And neither is any other FCS football. For example we kicked your ***. So what does that say about you?

citdog
July 14th, 2011, 09:24 AM
And neither is any other FCS football. For example we kicked your ***. So what does that say about you?

what do you mean "WE"? you have no connection, other than where your fat *** happens to be seated, to utc. don't you have something to VOLUNTEER for?

The Eagle's Cliff
July 14th, 2011, 09:36 AM

Chattanooga won the game 35-27 (hardly an *** whippin'), but everyone at the stadium knows Ga Southern lost more than Chatty won. Doesn't matter. What we're talking about is YOU downplaying the importance of UT-C football promotion because YOU think the SEC is more important. Take your *** to Knoxville and watch the Vols go 4-8 this year.

Eaglesrus
July 14th, 2011, 09:44 AM
This will happen in Statesboro and Savannah with Ga Southern gear. The presence of bigger, older schools is a reality that will never go away, but we don't choose to take a back seat to them by downplaying our product. I doubt Chattanooga has that attitude and the game day experience in 2010 showed much improvement. Chattown is just being an antagonist and a typical SEC doofus.

Yeah, there is a store in the Mall in Savannah that literally has nothing in it but University of Georgia paraphernalia. Makes my head hurt everytime I walk by it, which is a rare occurrence, fortunately. The owner of the Hallmark store in Statesboro is a big time UGA fan, so they carry way more UGA than GSU merchandise. Just as bothersome to me is that they typically also have more GA Tech than GSU stuff, too.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 09:44 AM
what do you mean "WE"? you have no connection, other than where your fat *** happens to be seated, to utc. don't you have something to VOLUNTEER for?

Oh, now I'm fat. Bahaha. The connection is that I live in Chattanooga idiot.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Chattanooga won the game 35-27 (hardly an *** whippin'), but everyone at the stadium knows Ga Southern lost more than Chatty won. Doesn't matter. What we're talking about is YOU downplaying the importance of UT-C football promotion because YOU think the SEC is more important. Take your *** to Knoxville and watch the Vols go 4-8 this year.

The problem is that you can't read. I downplayed the importance of Utc's ad? How did I do that? Our ad is more effective than yours. I dont know how I can make myself any more lcear on that. Yours isnt even a legitimate ad, its like 3 minutes long. Anyone who was in the stadium last year know that the game wasnt even as close as the score would indicate. Georgia Southern got off to a quick start and then chattanooga dominated the rest of the way. Its not a matter of what I think or what anyone else thinks. SEC football is a superior product, arent you one of the ones desperate to get out of the SOCON and go to the CUSA. Obviously you feel the same way.

GSUsTALON
July 14th, 2011, 10:04 AM

GSU 20 wins against the MOCs
Vs
MOCs 4 wins against GSU

GSU has beaten the MOCs more than any other FCS or SoCon team that they have played. The MOCs would have to win 17 straight years in a row to make them relevant to Georgia Southern. I find it laughable that a Mocs fan could criticize Monkens halftime speech at NAVY & our ticket promo add when they have been so lack luster in the SoCon & have as yet figured out how to win consistently.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 10:07 AM
GSU 20 wins against the MOCs
Vs
MOCs 4 wins against GSU

GSU has beaten the MOCs more than any other FCS or SoCon team that they have played. The MOCs would have to win 17 straight years in a row to make them relevant to Georgia Southern. I find it laughable that a Mocs fan could criticize Monkens halftime speech at NAVY & our ticket promo add when they have been so lack luster in the SoCon & have as yet figured out how to win consistently.

It was 18-1 5 years ago.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2011, 10:12 AM
There is "can't miss" football in the FCS. For me and about 25K other people it's Griz football. I don't know how many others watch every saturday on TV but it's enough that the local TV station pays something like $100,000 to broadcast each Griz game so I figure it must be pretty good. I wouldn't give up a single Griz game for an all expense paid trip to any SEC game or any other FBS game. It just doesn't mean anything to me.

We have a smaller operation than the big boys but we have easily as much passion and more of a connection to our team than the majority of their fans do. That's why our universities take pride in doing a commercial that rivals or possibly bests the team you follow in the SEC...in spite of the smaller community & stature.

It does point out why the community in Chattanooga so poorly supported a game there. Thanks for the insight cm cuz I get it now and understand why you are on here trollling GSU and this division for that matter all the time.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 10:28 AM
There is "can't miss" football in the FCS. For me and about 25K other people it's Griz football. I don't know how many others watch every saturday on TV but it's enough that the local TV station pays something like $100,000 to broadcast each Griz game so I figure it must be pretty good. I wouldn't give up a single Griz game for an all expense paid trip to any SEC game or any other FBS game. It just doesn't mean anything to me.

We have a smaller operation than the big boys but we have easily as much passion and more of a connection to our team than the majority of their fans do. That's why our universities take pride in doing a commercial that rivals or possibly bests the team you follow in the SEC...in spite of the smaller community & stature.

It does point out why the community in Chattanooga so poorly supported a game there. Thanks for the insight cm cuz I get it now and understand why you are on here trollling GSU and this division for that matter all the time.

No you don't.

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 10:30 AM
No you don't.

Glad you know more about programs than the fans...

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 10:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZuNmeo22oY

Their no program or fanbase in FCS football that can match the pride and passion of Tennessee football fans. None.

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 10:43 AM

Their no program or fanbase in FCS football that can match the pride and passion of Tennessee football fans. None.

Guess you are right.

Hey all, chattownmocs is right. We don't know **** about football and our little league is nothing. Time to just pack it in and go worship some SEC team. Time to quit supporting our teams.

GSUsTALON
July 14th, 2011, 10:43 AM

Too bad that doesn’t translate to the UTC fan base.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Guess you are right.

Hey all, chattownmocs is right. We don't know **** about football and our little league is nothing. Time to just pack it in and go worship some SEC team. Time to quit supporting our teams.

No, just be realistic and dont make comments about your fans being better or the atmosphere, or the quality of football.

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 10:53 AM
No, just be realistic and dont make comments about your fans being better or the atmosphere, or the quality of football.

Hey asshole, don't be putting ****ing words into my mouth that I never said.

citdog
July 14th, 2011, 10:55 AM

http://witchesbrewpress.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/douchebag1.jpg

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Hey asshole, don't be putting ****ing words into my mouth that I never said.

Didnt you respond to something I said to someone else? I think so.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2011, 11:09 AM
No you don't.

Yes we do. Most of the fans of those schools never went there or have anything to do with it except that it's the "cool thing" that the rest of the people in the area are doing.

Sorry man but it's pretty easy to be a "fan" of a team that is constantly promoted to you on TV. It's great for the school and all but there is nothing that a "fan" of those teams has to do to be involved with them. No struggle to follow it because it is just handed to ya and when you have no skin in the game it isn't exactly tough.

Any team that has something in FCS was built on the passion of it's fan base and it's coming from the bottom up, not the top down.

BCS is absolutely chock full of what is commonly referred to as bandwagonners so congrats on that I guess.xthumbsupx

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Didnt you respond to something I said to someone else? I think so.

Show me where I said that our fans/atmosphere/football was better. Are you always this dense and negative?

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Show me where I said that our fans/atmosphere/football was better. Are you always this dense and negative?

Your fellow girz fan said. And then when I responded to him, you got your panties in a wad and delivered a sarcastic reply. And I said "no, dont give up football. just be realistic"How hard is it to follow a conversation.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Yes we do. Most of the fans of those schools never went there or have anything to do with it except that it's the "cool thing" that the rest of the people in the area are doing.

Sorry man but it's pretty easy to be a "fan" of a team that is constantly promoted to you on TV. It's great for the school and all but there is nothing that a "fan" of those teams has to do to be involved with them. No struggle to follow it because it is just handed to ya and when you have no skin in the game it isn't exactly tough.

Any team that has something in FCS was built on the passion of it's fan base and it's coming from the bottom up, not the top down.

BCS is absolutely chock full of what is commonly referred to as bandwagonners so congrats on that I guess.xthumbsupx

First of all, the game of football is much more important in Tennessee than it ever will be in montana. Number 2, weve been around far longer and have much deeper roots in our program. Thirdly, Montana and Montana state are the only game around. You dont have a whole lot of options.

eaglemachine
July 14th, 2011, 12:19 PM
It was 18-1 5 years ago.

One thing is for sure, you (and by you I mean the "inferior" team that you follow because you live in the city the College is in but wished you lived near another) will not walk out of Paulson with a win this year.

pike51
July 14th, 2011, 12:22 PM

You keep on thinking that.

klak
July 14th, 2011, 12:39 PM

http://i.qkme.me/eb6.jpg

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 12:46 PM
First of all, the game of football is much more important in Tennessee than it ever will be in montana. Number 2, weve been around far longer and have much deeper roots in our program. Thirdly, Montana and Montana state are the only game around. You dont have a whole lot of options.

Uh-oh.

eaglemachine
July 14th, 2011, 12:49 PM
One thing is for sure, you (and by you I mean the "inferior" team that you follow because you live in the city the College is in but wished you lived near another) will not walk out of Paulson with a win this year.15869

Oh and this....

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2011, 12:51 PM

Well you're wrong on all counts. It means more here than it ever will there.

We don't need a lot of options...we know who we support. We aren't bandwagon fans like you are.

Our history is as long as yours and considering the lack of population that alone shows ours runs deeper and it means more to us. Sorry man you lose again.

Twentysix
July 14th, 2011, 12:51 PM

That is a steaming pile of horse apples.

First season of football 1891 (UTenn)
First season of football 1897 (UMont)

FAR LONGER.

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 12:52 PM
chattownmocs, if you are so busy sucking the Vol's collective dicks off, why are you here?

Is it to school us on how inferior we are?
Is it because you saw something on the internet that was not true so you feel the need to go correct it?
Or...is it because you are just a giant dick?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2011, 12:57 PM
That is a steaming pile of horse apples.

First season of football 1891 (UTenn)
First season of football 1897 (UMont)

FAR LONGER.

That's the line that made me laugh as well. I don't expect him to know much at this point thogh so I just enjoyed his post for it's lack of knowledge about football considering how important he claims it is.xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2011, 12:59 PM
This is on the discussion board so we (myself included) should keep that in mind.

Twentysix
July 14th, 2011, 12:59 PM
You realize that montana has been playing football longer than they have been a member of the united states?

Im sorry chattatownmocs its over.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBHOL1PcPR8

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 01:01 PM
This is on the discussion board so we (myself included) should keep that in mind.

Sorry all. I forgot where I was. My brain shut off momentarily due to information overload.

I apologize to the members reading this thread/forum for my language and smack talk. I want to especially apologize to chattownmocs.

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 01:01 PM
You realize that montana has been playing football longer than they have been a member of the united states?

They did invent the game.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2011, 01:05 PM

Damn it! I was holding some in reserve but with twosix around I better get on my game.

We understood what was truly important and the order of things. Tennessee...well not so much I guess.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 02:58 PM

We don't need a lot of options...we know who we support. We aren't bandwagon fans like you are.

Our history is as long as yours and considering the lack of population that alone shows ours runs deeper and it means more to us. Sorry man you lose again.

You havent been around as long, and if you had its kind of sad that you are playing FCS football.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 03:01 PM

Im sorry chattatownmocs its over.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBHOL1PcPR8

Yeah, Tennessee has been playing longer, try again.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 03:07 PM

Tennessee is so far ahead of montana is every category it is sad. Sad that you care so much more and all you can produce is a FCS team thats going to recieve a huge pay day to roll into Vaunted Neyland Stadium and wilt under the bright lights. While tennessee, who cares less has produced one of the most feared and prosperous football programs in the history of the sport. Has produced some of the greatest players and teams in the history of the sport. I hope you come to Neyland stadium with this type of attitude, it wont be a pleasant experience for you if you do.

StorminASU
July 14th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Can you please, momentarily of course, turn the limit off on negative repping someone? Kthnxbai

klak
July 14th, 2011, 03:34 PM
This thread has turned into the biggest pile of senseless drivel I've ever seen.

And I frequent 4chan.

boonedocks
July 14th, 2011, 03:51 PM
So...how about that Georgia Southern Ticket commercial?

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Hey....Chattanooga guy... RE-****ING-LAX. You remind me of several folks who live with the little man syndrome. It is sad

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 03:58 PM

Yes..I liked it. You guys got any new ones?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2011, 03:59 PM

I still think it's fantastic.:D

dgtw
July 14th, 2011, 04:06 PM
You remind me of several folks who live with the little man syndrome. It is sad

I know what you mean, but that comment is hilarious given your avatar.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Tennessee is so far ahead of montana is every category it is sad. Sad that you care so much more and all you can produce is a FCS team thats going to recieve a huge pay day to roll into Vaunted Neyland Stadium and wilt under the bright lights. While tennessee, who cares less has produced one of the most feared and prosperous football programs in the history of the sport. Has produced some of the greatest players and teams in the history of the sport. I hope you come to Neyland stadium with this type of attitude, it wont be a pleasant experience for you if you do.

Couple of points:

Feared? That's good!xlolx

Payday? We'll make less for that game than we would at a home game. We're just going there to embarrass them. Of course we're not supposed to win so if we don't...no biggie.

My attitude is pretty generally a reflection of the attitude of the opponent. If there's is good then the reflection isn't either and it doesn't matter where I am at. For Vols fans sake I really, really hope they know how to be respectful to the Montana group.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I know what you mean, but that comment is hilarious given your avatar.xlolx

I'm glad you brought attention to that because I probably would have skipped that connection.

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I know what you mean, but that comment is hilarious given your avatar.

Glad I could put a smile on your face.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Couple of points:

Feared? That's good!xlolx

Payday? We'll make less for that game than we would at a home game. We're just going there to embarrass them. Of course we're not supposed to win so if we don't...no biggie.

My attitude is pretty generally a reflection of the attitude of the opponent. If there's is good then the reflection isn't either and it doesn't matter where I am at. For Vols fans sake I really, really hope they know how to be respectful to the Montana group.xthumbsupx

Montana is nothing more than a sacrificial lamb, your players and staff know they can't win, they are just coming for the experience. Im sure the 2,000 montana fans are going to really intimidate the 100,000 orange-clad volunteers. We might be too scared to celebrate any of our 10 tds.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Hey....Chattanooga guy... RE-****ING-LAX. You remind me of several folks who live with the little man syndrome. It is sad

Yes, Im tiny, So are the rest of people in East Tennessee. Such a small group of people.

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Montana is nothing more than a sacrificial lamb, your players and staff know they can't win, they are just coming for the experience. Im sure the 2,000 montana fans are going to really intimidate the 100,000 orange-clad volunteers. We might be too scared to celebrate any of our 10 tds.

So...where again were the FANS from Montana supposed to be intimidating? Why are you not on the Tennessee site? You are obviously infatuated with them.

dgtw
July 14th, 2011, 04:54 PM
UT looked pretty intimidated when they played Wyoming a few years ago.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2011, 05:02 PM

I didn't say anything about the Montana fans trying to intimidate them knucklehead. What I said was that if respect is shown it will be given. If it's not then it'll work itself out as far as anyone wants to go I suppose. Now a victory may not be int he cards for the Griz but trust me you won't find them or the fans cow towing to anyone so if you're a loud mouth be prepared...that's all I'm trying to impart to ya.xthumbsupx

I still think that this GSU Commercial is fantastic!

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 05:02 PM
OH, and chattownmocs, if you are going to continue hijacking threads you really need some work on how/when/what....I can put you in touch with a couple of folks that invented the Thread/Hijack.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Yes, Im tiny, So are the rest of people in East Tennessee. Such a small group of people.

I think you're fibbing. Isn't TN about the fattest state in the union? I could be wrong on that but I think I read that somewhere.

CC Eagle
July 14th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I think you're fibbing. Isn't TN about the fattest state in the union? I could be wrong on that but I think I read that somewhere.

Actually, I think it's Mississippi, but it's really close among most all of the states in the southeast and expanding west to Texas.

Basically, if it's considered socially acceptable to have a car horn that plays a fight song in your state, you're probably on the hefty side.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Any GSU Fans want me to get this last page of pure pissing match out of here let me know and I'll throw it to smack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1hHW6rEJO0

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Actually, I think it's Mississippi, but it's really close among most all of the states in the southeast and expanding west to Texas.

Basically, if it's considered socially acceptable to have a car horn that plays a fight song in your state, you're probably on the hefty side.xlolx

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Any GSU Fans want me to get this last page of pure pissing match out of here let me know and I'll throw it to smack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1hHW6rEJO0

Yes....oh..and next time you post a video clip, make damn good and sure it is in English. This isn't one of JBB's posts..got it.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Yes....oh..and next time you post a video clip, make damn good and sure it is in English. This isn't one of JBB's posts..got it.

No. The language is recognizable to most as language but not one normally spoken here. That relates to this last page very succinctly. I knew it was not in English when I posted it so shut it.

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 05:28 PM
No. The language is recognizable to most as language but not one normally spoken here. That relates to this last page very succinctly. I knew it was not in English when I posted it so shut it.

Apology Accepted.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 05:33 PM
So...where again were the FANS from Montana supposed to be intimidating? Why are you not on the Tennessee site? You are obviously infatuated with them.

Probably in the quote I responded to. Are you getting confused again?

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 05:34 PM
UT looked pretty intimidated when they played Wyoming a few years ago.

Yes Arguably Tennessee's worst loss in history. Against an FBS team. But yeah, they were really intimidated.

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Probably in the quote I responded to. Are you getting confused again?

Yes....trying to come down to your retard level and communicate with you is taxing. I understand why folks say not to argue with a fool because they will bring you down to their level and beat your ***.

I bumped the Montana/Tennessee thread, go there and post your ****.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 05:37 PM

Yes near the top, not a very good diet. Those people won't be at the game more than likely. The seats arent exactly spacious at neyland stadium. But a fairly tall group as well. With a history and heritage that speaks for itself. From the Alamo to the Civil War. We arent exactly a soft bunch. Although, there are some, I would recommend choosing your battles, although, looks can be decieving as well.

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Where is SE174 so I can tag him in. He knows how to deal with people like this.

citdog
July 14th, 2011, 06:19 PM
With a history and heritage that speaks for itself. From the Alamo to THE WAR AGAINST THE STATES . We arent exactly a soft bunch. Although, there are some, I would recommend choosing your battles, although, looks can be decieving as well.

are you trying to seduce me?

CC Eagle
July 14th, 2011, 06:50 PM
are you trying to seduce me?

Easy, citdog... You wouldn't want to develop a man crush, lest your hatred, bigotry, and general ill-gotten anger force you to have to kick your own ***.

citdog
July 14th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Easy, citdog... You wouldn't want to develop a man crush, lest your hatred, bigotry, and general ill-gotten anger force you to have to kick your own ***.

there is only ONE man I'd go gay for.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9a/Teen_Opie_101.JPG

http://magculture.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/esquire_cover.jpg

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 07:03 PM
oh god CIT. I wish I could rep you.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 07:08 PM
there is only ONE man I'd go gay for.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9a/Teen_Opie_101.JPG

http://magculture.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/esquire_cover.jpg

Liberal POS

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Liberal POS

Where do you get Liberal from that?

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Where do you get Liberal from that?

Ron Howard

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Ron Howard

And, what does......****.

Sorry All. This thread should get back on track. If you want to continue this start a thread in the Lounge and I will find SE and we can start it.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 07:33 PM
And, what does......****.

Sorry All. This thread should get back on track. If you want to continue this start a thread in the Lounge and I will find SE and we can start it.

Are you a moderator now?

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Are you a moderator now?

NOPE....don't care for MOD's. I was just saying if you want to continue discussing your small-man syndrome and your love for sucking the bag of dicks you get at each SEC game...lets not screw up this thread any more than it already is.

citdog
July 14th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Are you a moderator now?

http://mychinaconnection.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/nip-it-in-the-bud-150x150.jpg

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2011, 08:02 PM
NOPE....don't care for MOD's. I was just saying if you want to continue discussing your small-man syndrome and your love for sucking the bag of dicks you get at each SEC game...lets not screw up this thread any more than it already is.

Hmm seems as if you are the one fixated with homosexual activity. You and your Georgia Southern friends

citdog
July 14th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Hmm seems as if you are the one fixated with homosexual activity. You and your Georgia Southern friends

don't forget about me. I ACHE for

http://prayerfoundation.org/movie_2.jpg

http://www.pelhamsbattery.com/resources/Gallant%20Pelham.jpg.opt437x531o0,0s437x531.jpg

http://www.cinecon.com/frontimages/2060-Martin_Lawrence.jpg

http://www.bodyconfidential.co.uk/i/EXX/2YIL_M.jpg

Grizzaholic
July 14th, 2011, 08:20 PM

Smooches

also sodomy

GSUhooligan
July 15th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Best video for an FCS team I have seen, and yes I am partial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAgfHK-D12A

cannonballgsu
July 15th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Hey, did you guys know that there is a Georgia Southern Ticket Commercial video out there somewhere? Hang on, I'll see if I can find it...

Twentysix
July 15th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Best video for an FCS team I have seen, and yes I am partial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAgfHK-D12A

It was pretty good till they started playing rap.

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics30/640/JU/JULCMEWULYBHXDV.20061117214847.jpg

The Eagle's Cliff
July 15th, 2011, 11:01 AM
It was pretty good till they started playing rap.

That's "Slimm Duddy", an Eagle Alumnus and Rap Artist who wrote the song as a tribute to his school. Luke Bryan is also an Alumnus who gives a concert in nearby Claxton every year. I don't care much for Rap or Country, but appreciate their talent and representation of Ga Southern.

The video was also produced by GSU Alumnus Wes Nobles.