PDA

View Full Version : Help, looking for ASU fan site with "go for two" video

GaSouthern
March 15th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Can anyone get me the link to the ASU fan site that has the bobby lamb go for two video and other pro ASU videos and game reviews???

It also has Adrian Peterson's "the run" on their.

Thanks!

HiHiYikas
March 15th, 2006, 11:21 AM
http://www.goasu.com/index.php?page=276&mSearch=&mSport=&mPage=&video=89&floating=1

that's unedited with no audio except field audio.

http://www.goasu.com/index.php?page=276&mSearch=&mSport=&mPage=1&video=91&floating=1

that's from an ABC Capitol One halftime report with the best radio calls of the 2002 Season

http://www.goasu.com/index.php?page=276&mSearch=&mSport=&mPage=2&video=90&floating=1

the play as shown on Chris Berman's top 10 Plays of the Week. "Bobby Lamb - first year coach goes for 2 - WHY?"

All this is avaiable in the audio/video section of goasu.com

HiHiYikas
March 15th, 2006, 11:28 AM
upon closer inspection, this isn't really what you're asking for - my bad

not sure where to tell you to look...

GaSouthern
March 15th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Thats not it but still awesome to watch... while browsing around your site I saw this video from last year and its AWESOME!

I wish GSU had streaming video's like this on their athletic webpage!
http://www.goasu.com/?page=276&video=256&fromPage=202

HiHiYikas
March 15th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Thats not it but still awesome to watch... while browsing around your site I saw this video from last year and its AWESOME!

I wish GSU had streaming video's like this on their athletic webpage!
http://www.goasu.com/?page=276&video=256&fromPage=202
yeah, I've visited GASO's athletic site on several occasions - it's a good site, but it would be nice to see some more content on it - I'd especially like to be able to download a media guide.

GaSouthern
March 15th, 2006, 05:12 PM
The video / page, I am looking for is a all gold or yellow page with black writing, it has lots of game footage stripped from ESPN and or other stations and it is like a homemade highlight website.

The clip of the "go for 2" mistake was like 5 mins long and it was recorded live on espn(?) with the TV announcers.

ASU92
March 15th, 2006, 08:10 PM
If I remember correctly, I think the site you are referring to is something B&G Express put together. The link below is coverage provided by Fox SportsSouth. It includes several plays leading up to the Furman touchdown and the famous 2 point attempt.

http://www.barthle.com/streamingroot/flash/asu_football/furman2002/4q_2pt_gamewinner.htm

blackfordpu
March 15th, 2006, 08:15 PM
The call from ASU's guys is AWSOME! Man, I got all gitty and I'm not even an ASU fan. :rotateh:

HiHiYikas
March 15th, 2006, 08:24 PM
The call from ASU's guys is AWSOME! Man, I got all gitty and I'm not even an ASU fan. :rotateh:
Funny you should say that - it has that effect on people...

I'm at that game with my dad (works in Boone), my brother (current ASU student), and my mom (bored), wife ('do we really have to stay for all 4 quarters?'), and 2 sisters (students at non-football D-II schools, don't care about or understand what's going on).

The four girls, all indifferent and oblivious to what's going on, got unbelievably excited over the play. One of my sisters, jumping up and down on the bleachers, yells to me 'I don't even like football, but that's the most amazing thing I've ever seen!'

sigh...good times

blackfordpu
March 15th, 2006, 08:29 PM

I'm at that game with my dad (works in Boone), my brother (current ASU student), and my mom (bored), wife ('do we really have to stay for all 4 quarters?'), and 2 sisters (students at non-football D-II schools, don't care about or understand what's going on).

The four girls, all indifferent and oblivious to what's going on, got unbelievably excited over the play. One of my sisters, jumping up and down on the bleachers, yells to me 'I don't even like football, but that's the most amazing thing I've ever seen!'

sigh...good times

Not quite as exciting as Long to Mathenia in 2004 with 2 seconds left. :)

GaSouthern
March 15th, 2006, 08:32 PM
THATS IT!!!!!!! THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!

HiHiYikas
March 15th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Not quite as exciting as Long to Mathenia in 2004 with 2 seconds left. :)
Oh sure, I hear ya...

I mean, how exciting is it when the most unlikely thing in football - a quarterback completing a pass to a (gasp) wide reciever - happens several times in the span of a minute? Clearly, this is by a wide margin the most improbable occurrence in the game of football.

Sure, ill-advised 2-point conversion attempts get returned 98 yards for 1-point victories at least 5 or 6 times in any given football season. But several consecutive passes from a player who, by definition, isn't even supposed to be touching the ball to another player who hardly ever gets called on to put points on the board - consecutively, even, and for a win. Now that is exciting.
:smiley_wi :) :smiley_wi

Seriously, though - that sounds like one of the most exciting quarters ever - bar none.

blackfordpu
March 15th, 2006, 08:58 PM
What amazes me is the presence of mind that lineman had to pitch it back to the faster DB that was behind him. Incredible!

blackfordpu
March 15th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Oh sure, I hear ya...

I mean, how exciting is it when the most unlikely thing in football - a quarterback completing a pass to a (gasp) wide reciever - happens several times in the span of a minute? Clearly, this is by a wide margin the most improbable occurrence in the game of football.

Sure, ill-advised 2-point conversion attempts get returned 98 yards for 1-point victories at least 5 or 6 times in any given football season. But several consecutive passes from a player who, by definition, isn't even supposed to be touching the ball to another player who hardly ever gets called on to put points on the board - consecutively, even, and for a win. Now that is exciting.
:smiley_wi :) :smiley_wi

Seriously, though - that sounds like one of the most exciting quarters ever - bar none.

Most exciting 45 seconds. :)

I don't think I get what you are saying in bold. Please explain.

HiHiYikas
March 15th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Most exciting 45 seconds. :)

I don't think I get what you are saying in bold. Please explain.
messing around, attempting (perhaps feebly) to make it sound as if the quarterback isn't supposed to be throwing passes and wide receivers aren't supposed to be catching them, thus adding to the improbability of the feat...

blackfordpu
March 15th, 2006, 09:17 PM
messing around, attempting (perhaps feebly) to make it sound as if the quarterback isn't supposed to be throwing passes and wide receivers aren't supposed to be catching them, thus adding to the improbability of the feat...

ahh, clever. :cool: :)

March 16th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Oh sure, I hear ya.....I was on the sidelines at the 10 and the intercept and pitch happened right in front of me... very improbable.

I was listening to the SHSU last 40 some seconds against EWU in the playoffs and that was improbable as well.

blur2005
March 16th, 2006, 01:58 AM
That play is just ridiculous and pretty unique. But I'm now taking away anything from Sam Houston's run in 2004. Dustin Long's drive against Eastern Washington was spectacular (and because of the controversial catch where the guy was down but rolled out and they said he was out before he was down, somewhat lucky, but nonetheless...). I was listening to the live radio feed. It was incredibly exciting. When they got to the play before the TD, I just knew Long was going to hit Mathenia and that's what he did.

catamount man
March 16th, 2006, 06:29 PM

sigh...good times

WCU had just lost to Georgia Southern in Cullowhee that same afternoon, and of course I'm mad, so I'll chill and watch Furman and ASU battle it out. I laughed like hell when I saw what was happening, I couldn't believe it. One point, 7 seconds, believe me, sit on the ball. I wasn't happy, of course, for an ASU victory, but how it occured, it was just something special for college football and even if Furman wins the next 20 over ASU, October 12, 2002 will be forever known as "GO FOR 2" in SoCon lore.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!