PDA

View Full Version : Your season ticket numbers

TheBisonator
June 23rd, 2011, 01:02 PM
How many season tix has your football team sold so far for this season?? I know that Montana and App State are both INSANELY high, like 20,000+. I've heard some stories of Delaware's season tix base declining rapidly, I was wondering about that.

At NDSU, there have been about 9,300 season tix sold so far, and we still have 10 weeks left till the home opener.

What about you??

bojeta
June 23rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
How many season tix has your football team sold so far for this season?? I know that Montana and App State are both INSANELY high, like 20,000+. I've heard some stories of Delaware's season tix base declining rapidly, I was wondering about that.

At NDSU, there have been about 9,300 season tix sold so far, and we still have 10 weeks left till the home opener.

What about you??

Cal Poly doesn't mail your season tics to you until August and as far as I know, they don't make the total sold available until then. Might be the same at a lot of schools.

TheRevSFA
June 23rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
I'm betting at SFA the number is 12....

biggie
June 23rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
Believe App's last year were under 10k, 8k+ IIRC. May be a slight rise this year, but probably won't be over 10k. Have not seen any official figures yet.

Mountaineer
June 23rd, 2011, 02:18 PM
..and App State are both INSANELY high, like 20,000+.

I wish, but that's not true. App's season ticket base is paltry compared to some of the other schools in the subdivision. The numbers are never released because they're so low. xsmhx

TTUEagles
June 23rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
I haven't bought my tickets yet so, probably 0

StorminASU
June 23rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
I've always heard we sold out of season tickets...so how that does make it paltry?

eiu1999
June 23rd, 2011, 02:29 PM
They never have released that number to my knowledge. Never been sold out.

Mountaineer
June 23rd, 2011, 02:31 PM
Not sure where you've heard that, but it's simply not the case. Articles from GoASU talk about season tickets being available until nearly the start of the season. We've never sold out a season ticket allotment. At least I've never ever seen a press release saying something to that effect (and with the way ASU likes to brag, trust me, they'd release something if they could).

Now a school like Montana..just about all of their tickets are season. It's the only way to get them

Montana State just sold out their new endzone facility with thousands of those being season tickets.

I'd love to put App in that category, but it ain't happening.

HailSzczur
June 23rd, 2011, 02:33 PM
I don't think we release ours either, but I could probably count them at a home game, wouldn't take too long.
Though the number may be a bit misleading at Nova, I know of some people who buy more tickets then they ever plan to use and look at it as a donation to the football program. That way they don't have to worry about the basketball team taking some/all of the money.

Silenoz
June 23rd, 2011, 02:59 PM
I haven't bought my tickets yet so, probably 0
xlolx

AAadict
June 23rd, 2011, 03:53 PM
I've heard some stories of Delaware's season tix base declining rapidly, I was wondering about that.

Likely so. Have not seen any numbers yet but fans are not happy with the forced donation to keep the season tix. Some are going to skip the donation/season plan and just buy at the window.

GannonFan
June 23rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
Delaware's will probably come in around 8k-9k, down from a high of 11k just 3 years ago. Main culprit is the rise in prices - mandatory "donations" have bumped the costs for a seat at the 30 yard line from $21 two years ago to $36 now. And the way they went about introducing the new system went down like a dud too - turned off a lot of long time fans. Should still see good attendance numbers, though - the team should be a playoff team in 2011 again and they are already selling packages of games so even those who aren't buying seasons any more will just buy single game tickets. Heck, for some, that will be better as they can avoid having to buy tickets for unattractive games like West Chester and Delaware St. Should still be averaging over 20k for the season - think UD is the FCS school with the longest avg attendance over the 20k mark.

ur2k
June 23rd, 2011, 05:15 PM
Ours were 4,000 last year and imagine that will stay the same.

The Eagle's Cliff
June 23rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
GSU Season Tickets are usually only around 4500-5,000. Sales are between 6K-8K game week. I don't get it, but we've got some specific ideas to improve the number for 2012.

Grizzaholic
June 23rd, 2011, 06:52 PM
Montana has a couple year wait...something in the neighborhood of 3-5000 folks on the wait list. MSU did a great job these past few years, and are sold out for the coming year. GOOD FOR THEM!

Redhawk2010
June 23rd, 2011, 11:38 PM
SEMO's just went on sale this week...

Blueandwhitefightfight
June 23rd, 2011, 11:53 PM
GSU Season Tickets are usually only around 4500-5,000. Sales are between 6K-8K game week. I don't get it, but we've got some specific ideas to improve the number for 2012.

Really? I thought it would be at least 8k. The home side stands are usually pretty full.

The student side is always rockin' though!

Tribe4SF
June 24th, 2011, 05:01 AM
W&M has hovered around 4,000 for several years, but that is apparently up this year.

ODU has sold out their season tickets in each of their first three seasons. I think that's around 14,000, and I know they have a waiting list.

eiu1999
June 24th, 2011, 10:21 AM
xviolinxI wish I could blame EIU numbers on Univerity of Illinois being 40 miles away, but there's just no real interest to be honest.

TTUEagles
June 24th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Seriously, I just bought my season tickets this morning and they have the "Choose your seat" option and in the three sections I looked at, I was pleasantly surprised at how many seats were already taken. That's a good sign.

The Eagle's Cliff
June 24th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Really? I thought it would be at least 8k. The home side stands are usually pretty full.

We're having a record year as of this morning, but we have more walk-up customers and students on game day than season ticket holders. We may be seeing that trend go the other way now with new leadership.

BigHouseClosedEnd
June 24th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Ours were 4,000 last year and imagine that will stay the same.

I think we'll actually be around 4500-4600 this year because we reduced the student allotment and because the amount of gameday tickets for the team was reduced slightly. I suspect we will sell all of them, or come very close.

catbob
August 10th, 2011, 02:34 PM
It was posted on Bobcatnation today that we are near 13,000 season tickets sold this year! That is almost our entire capacity from last year.

DFW HOYA
August 10th, 2011, 02:36 PM
No numbers offered but at least it's for sale: $30/person.

Of course, there are only two home games after 9/10, so that's a factor, too.

http://store.cstv.com/store.cfm?dept_id=17006&store_id=427

appfan2008
August 10th, 2011, 02:40 PM
It was posted on Bobcatnation today that we are near 13,000 season tickets sold this year! That is almost our entire capacity from last year.

You would think that a school that consistantly puts upper 20s in the stands and occasionly over 30k could claim the same thing but we dont come anywhere near that number...

Apphole
August 10th, 2011, 02:45 PM

I'm interested to see how your student section compares to App's, having never been to Statesboro. Homers on here put the GSU atmosphere up there with ours, but I find that hard to believe. I'm sure the place is rockin though and it sure as hell stands out in the row of flaccid wieners that is the SoCon stadiums, but our students have been compared to the Cameron Crazies and we have more people and an acoustic advantage. Montana is the loudest FCS stadium because of numbers and the bowl shape of the stadium, but we're getting there. We have more people and we're closing off the gap from which the sound escapes with a wall of students and the band. I think we could give UM a run for their money this year in decibels.

TheBisonator
August 10th, 2011, 02:46 PM
I really wish the Fargodome had the ability to expand...xbangx

appfan2008
August 10th, 2011, 02:58 PM
I'm interested to see how your student section compares to App's, having never been to Statesboro. Homers on here put the GSU atmosphere up there with ours, but I find that hard to believe. I'm sure the place is rockin though and it sure as hell stands out in the row of flaccid wieners that is the SoCon stadiums, but our students have been compared to the Cameron Crazies and we have more people and an acoustic advantage. Montana is the loudest FCS stadium because of numbers and the bowl shape of the stadium, but we're getting there. We have more people and we're closing off the gap from which the sound escapes with a wall of students and the band. I think we could give UM a run for their money this year in decibels.

dont hate on paulson until you have been there for a ASU-GSU or FU-GSU game! (at the same time I personally think ASU is better... but GSU is pretty awesome too...)

crossfire07
August 10th, 2011, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=Apphole;1653083]Homers on here put the GSU atmosphere up there with ours, but I find that hard to believe. /QUOTE]

App State is definitely louder. When I first got in my seat at App, I said the damn concrete is cracked. After the game started I found out why. It is from all the stomping on them seats. With that and all the hollaring from the fans, it was loud.

appfan2008
August 10th, 2011, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=Apphole;1653083]Homers on here put the GSU atmosphere up there with ours, but I find that hard to believe. /QUOTE]

App State is definitely louder. When I first got in my seat at App, I said the damn concrete is cracked. After the game started I found out why. It is from all the stomping on them seats. With that and all the hollaring from the fans, it was loud.

Thank you for the compliment...

Apphole
August 10th, 2011, 03:03 PM
dont hate on paulson until you have been there for a ASU-GSU or FU-GSU game! (at the same time I personally think ASU is better... but GSU is pretty awesome too...)

I'm not hating. I'm glad there's another school in the conference that gets loud for their team. I'm just saying, the fact that there are only 2 schools with atmospheres to write home about leads people to believe that the gap between the 2 is smaller than it really is.

Apphole
August 10th, 2011, 03:05 PM

And hats off to you for leaving with a dub

Eaglesrus
August 10th, 2011, 03:06 PM

There's no question that you have us in numbers, but as to the comparison to the Cameron Crazies, I'd argue that our students match up well in terms of enthusiasm. Afterall, we're the ones that had to leave a section of seats vacant a few years back due to that enthusiasm. Really glad that ply wood isn't there anymore!

Apphole
August 10th, 2011, 03:09 PM
There's no question that you have us in numbers, but as to the comparison to the Cameron Crazies, I'd argue that our students match up well in terms of enthusiasm. Afterall, we're the ones that had to leave a section of seats vacant a few years back due to that enthusiasm. Really glad that ply wood isn't there anymore!

Please link an article with that story

Eaglesrus
August 10th, 2011, 03:14 PM

Sorry, don't have one, it's been at least 5 years, but perhaps other Eagle posters will verify it and possibly provide additional details. Who has a picture?

AppStsGr8
August 10th, 2011, 03:33 PM
To my knowledge, our season tickets have never been sold out. If that were true, it would be impossible to get single game tickets except on the grass hill. In fact, it's possible to get single game seats in portions of the Yosef sections. We do sell out reserved seating on a regular basis, but that's different from season tickets.

JSUBison
August 10th, 2011, 03:59 PM

What has been the average season tickets for the past few years, do you know? Do you think this has to do with having a new stadium, excitement for a good team, or both? And finally, did MSU have an aggressive push for tickets from their marketing department?

Eaglesrus
August 10th, 2011, 04:15 PM

By the way, that situation was not something a lot of us are proud of, but it did happen and I think it is a reflection of how much some of our fans get into it. I don't think the enthusiasm has lessened any, but fortunately it's apparently evidenced in a more acceptable manner. I don't personally recall what specifically happened that caused that action to be taken.

Mountaineer
August 10th, 2011, 04:22 PM
By the way, that situation was not something a lot of us are proud of, but it did happen and I think it is a reflection of how much some of our fans get into it.

Interesting, considering there have been a few Eagles fans posting on the Mountaineer Message Board that these incidents never took place.

Props for speaking the truth. xsmileyclapx

catbob
August 10th, 2011, 04:24 PM
What has been the average season tickets for the past few years, do you know? Do you think this has to do with having a new stadium, excitement for a good team, or both? And finally, did MSU have an aggressive push for tickets from their marketing department?

Umm that is a good question, I think we had around 9,000 last year? I'm not entirely sure on that, but I'm pretty sure we've been sold out or near sold out for a few years now, I just don't know that figure. I think a lot of it has to do with creating a lot more season tickets that don't require a booster/donation to purchase. The endzone seats were $60 for the season. Then they moved the students away from the prime sideline 50 yard line seating and stuck them in the front of the new endzone, and put those nice seats up for season ticket sales.

Then you throw in a top 10 team, a great year last year (minus that playoff game... :(), and that builds a lot of excitement as well. Kind of a perfect storm situation right now.

Now I just hope we can sell out every game with single ticket sales as well. I'm a little worried everyone moved out of their season sideline tickets with donation requirements to the endzone.

No_Skill
August 10th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Umm that is a good question, I think we had around 9,000 last year? I'm not entirely sure on that, but I'm pretty sure we've been sold out or near sold out for a few years now, I just don't know that figure. I think a lot of it has to do with creating a lot more season tickets that don't require a booster/donation to purchase. The endzone seats were $60 for the season. Then they moved the students away from the prime sideline 50 yard line seating and stuck them in the front of the new endzone, and put those nice seats up for season ticket sales.

Then you throw in a top 10 team, a great year last year (minus that playoff game... :(), and that builds a lot of excitement as well. Kind of a perfect storm situation right now.

Now I just hope we can sell out every game with single ticket sales as well. I'm a little worried everyone moved out of their season sideline tickets with donation requirements to the endzone.

Bingo. I think this is the main reason.

I've never really thought about it before but I'm sure that's a tough sell to a lot of people. I think the majority, if not all, of NDSU's season tickets require a Team Maker donation.

johnson
August 10th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Bingo. I think this is the main reason.

I've never really thought about it before but I'm sure that's a tough sell to a lot of people. I think the majority, if not all, of NDSU's season tickets require a Team Maker donation.
A Team Maker donation is basically required for anything in between the 10's on the sideline. A donation is not required for all endzone seating and the last two sections of every corner on the sidelines. Endzone tickets go for $93 each and $125 in the corner sections of the sidelines. The cheapest sideline ticket that requires a Team Maker donation is $200.

No_Skill
August 10th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I knew it was something like that.

mocman1990
August 10th, 2011, 09:32 PM
As of August 1st, Chattanooga has gone over 2,000 tickets for the 3rd straight year. They are hoping to break last years record for 2,650. Nothing like ASU, but still pretty decent on the FCS level.

TheDancinMonarch
August 10th, 2011, 09:38 PM
ODU FOOTBALL SEASON TICKETS SELL OUT
FOR THIRD CONSECUTIVE SEASON

NORFOLK – The Old Dominion University football program begins its third season of competition and its first as an official member of the Colonial Athletic Association this fall, and for the third consecutive year the Monarchs have sold through their season ticket allocations at Foreman Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium.

“Our football program is grateful for the tremendous support we receive from our 12th Monarchs,” says head football coach Bobby Wilder.
“We have one of the top home field advantages in all of F.C.S. football due to the crowd noise at S.B. Ballard Stadium. We are excited about our third consecutive season of sellout crowds at Foreman Field.”

Since starting football in 2009, Old Dominion University has sold out of all available season tickets, setting national attendance records for start-up Football Championship Subdivision programs.

“ODU fans are the best in the nation and they continue to illustrate that with their support of our football program. Three consecutive years of season ticket sellouts for a start-up football program is a remarkable story of community interest and support,” says athletic director Dr. Wood Selig.

ODU fans purchased more than 14,000 season tickets for the 2011 season year, with 400 of those tickets sold to 140 members of the football waiting list. The waiting list, created in 2009, currently has 1,710 members who are the first group contacted when season tickets become available. In addition, waiting list members receive the opportunity to purchase any available game day tickets prior to general public sale, as well as receive discounts and invitations to other ODU athletic events.

“We continue to be the envy of coaches, fans, and administrators from around the country as they learn about the incredible level of corporate and community support ODU football is enjoying,” adds Selig “On behalf of Coach Wilder, our staff and our student-athletes, we enthusiastically offer a collective ‘thank you Hampton Roads’ for making ODU Monarch football a program of choice and an amazing event every football Saturday in and around S.B. Ballard Stadium. “

Any remaining tickets from the ODU student allocation or visiting team allotment for individual football games will be made available to the general public on Monday, the week of the home game. Fans can join the football waiting list at www.odusports.com on the ticket site.

crossfire07
August 10th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Thank you for the compliment...

It is just the truth. You sure as hell don't leave nothing on your seat because it isn't staying.

appfan2008
August 11th, 2011, 06:58 AM
ODU FOOTBALL SEASON TICKETS SELL OUT
FOR THIRD CONSECUTIVE SEASON

NORFOLK – The Old Dominion University football program begins its third season of competition and its first as an official member of the Colonial Athletic Association this fall, and for the third consecutive year the Monarchs have sold through their season ticket allocations at Foreman Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium.

“Our football program is grateful for the tremendous support we receive from our 12th Monarchs,” says head football coach Bobby Wilder.
“We have one of the top home field advantages in all of F.C.S. football due to the crowd noise at S.B. Ballard Stadium. We are excited about our third consecutive season of sellout crowds at Foreman Field.”

Since starting football in 2009, Old Dominion University has sold out of all available season tickets, setting national attendance records for start-up Football Championship Subdivision programs.

“ODU fans are the best in the nation and they continue to illustrate that with their support of our football program. Three consecutive years of season ticket sellouts for a start-up football program is a remarkable story of community interest and support,” says athletic director Dr. Wood Selig.

ODU fans purchased more than 14,000 season tickets for the 2011 season year, with 400 of those tickets sold to 140 members of the football waiting list. The waiting list, created in 2009, currently has 1,710 members who are the first group contacted when season tickets become available. In addition, waiting list members receive the opportunity to purchase any available game day tickets prior to general public sale, as well as receive discounts and invitations to other ODU athletic events.
“We continue to be the envy of coaches, fans, and administrators from around the country as they learn about the incredible level of corporate and community support ODU football is enjoying,” adds Selig “On behalf of Coach Wilder, our staff and our student-athletes, we enthusiastically offer a collective ‘thank you Hampton Roads’ for making ODU Monarch football a program of choice and an amazing event every football Saturday in and around S.B. Ballard Stadium. “

Any remaining tickets from the ODU student allocation or visiting team allotment for individual football games will be made available to the general public on Monday, the week of the home game. Fans can join the football waiting list at www.odusports.com on the ticket site.

Very impressive to have a waiting list at the FCS level...

klak
August 11th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Sorry, don't have one, it's been at least 5 years, but perhaps other Eagle posters will verify it and possibly provide additional details. Who has a picture?

Tough to find a good shot of it. I can't remember who complained. Delaware in 2001 maybe?

http://gsufans.com/media/2002/maine120702/4.jpg

http://gsufans.com/media/2002/maine120702/1.jpg

http://gsufans.com/media/2002/jaxstate111602/6.jpg

darell1976
August 11th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I really wish the Fargodome had the ability to expand...xbangx

I know Gene Taylor, and the other big wigs at NDSU are thinking the same thing. More seats equal more money. They could easily pack 25,000+.

ur2k
August 11th, 2011, 09:59 AM
For Richmond - in 2010, there were 4,260 season-ticket holders, according to UR. This season, there will be at least 4,471, with some season tickets still available. There was an 89 percent renewal rate for season tickets.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/sports/college-sports/2011/jul/20/tdsport01-ur-makes-modifications-for-second-season-ar-1183512/

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 11th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I know Gene Taylor, and the other big wigs at NDSU are thinking the same thing. More seats equal more money. They could easily pack 25,000+.

I thought the original plan for the FD was to have 27K seats but that got cut back to the 18700 now.....I could be wrong, though.

darell1976
August 11th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I thought the original plan for the FD was to have 27K seats but that got cut back to the 18700 now.....I could be wrong, though.

With the way NDSU has always played (with the exception of a down season once a decade) I am shocked they didn't have 27,000. Football is the #1 sport of NDSU and why not build the cathedral to house it in.

frozennorth
August 12th, 2011, 04:29 PM

you are correct, it was down scaled at the last minute. There are some things you could do to add seating, but you would have to get rid of the boxes, and it wouldn't add much anyway. It you had 20+million to blow, you could tear off the roof, fill in the corners and put on a new roof, but that would likely need several years of alternate facilities, and Fargo has more important needs right now, to say the least. Hypothetically though, you could probably get another 8k or so if this were done.

Willie
August 12th, 2011, 04:53 PM
18,000+

http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072911aab.html

Milktruck74
August 13th, 2011, 06:31 AM

They must have changed the original plans once they realized there aren't 27,000 people in North Dakota.... Sorry, I tried to resist....

No_Skill
August 13th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I'll have you know that since this last census we are now well above 27k.

Milktruck74
August 13th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I'll have you know that since this last census we are now well above 27k.

Guessing you annexed part of SD???

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 13th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Tough to find a good shot of it. I can't remember who complained. Delaware in 2001 maybe?

I believe it was after the 1999 playoff game with UMass.

Things like that can happen when you have ~8,000 crazy students sitting behind the opposing team's bench and next to the visitors section. We're probably the only team in division I where that is true.

TheBisonator
August 13th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Guessing you annexed part of SD???

672,591 people exactly.

(More people live in the city of Winnipeg than in ND)

To be fair, it grew by over 30,000 in the decade of the 2000's. ND is still staving off Vermont, DC and Wyoming for last place.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 13th, 2011, 03:35 PM
They must have changed the original plans once they realized there aren't 27,000 people in North Dakota.... Sorry, I tried to resist....

....hey, we just got electricity in the upper midwest...xchinscratchx

Pard4Life
August 13th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Lafayette probably has a couple hundred, but it's really hard to know because the only way to guarantee a Lehigh game ticket is a season ticket. Many holders could only show for that game and Homecoming. We have a chairback section and I think the college owns and distributes tickets to that area due to dearth of demand in the section.

What's a Lafayette guy gotta due to score a ticket to the Bison? The visitor seating section does not look very friendly.

Professor Chaos
August 13th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Lafayette probably has a couple hundred, but it's really hard to know because the only way to guarantee a Lehigh game ticket is a season ticket. Many holders could only show for that game and Homecoming. We have a chairback section and I think the college owns and distributes tickets to that area due to dearth of demand in the section.

What's a Lafayette guy gotta due to score a ticket to the Bison? The visitor seating section does not look very friendly.
Single game tickets are on sale here: BISON FOOTBALL vs. LAFAYETTE LEOPARDS (https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketHome.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&_MODE_=EVENTSELECT&SALE_TKT_EVENT_ID=237670)

You don't necessarily need to sit in the visitor section, there's a few hundred reserved seats elsewhere but the only ones left are in the nosebleeds it looks like.