PDA

View Full Version : Montana State Recruit in trouble

one4all333
June 21st, 2011, 12:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6685742

BOZEMAN, Mont. -- The Montana State football program has dismissed a high school recruit accused of selling marijuana-laced brownies at an all-night graduation party.

MSU football coach Rob Ash said Monday that Connor Thomas of Kalispell was removed from the program for violating the university and the athletic department codes of conduct. The statement said MSU officials would have no further comment.

Thomas faces two felony drug counts after several fellow high school graduates got sick from eating marijuana-laced brownies. Court records say two 17-year-old boys identified him as the person who made and sold the brownies for $15 on June 3.

Police say Thomas told them he made the brownies and he realized afterward that he put "way too much" marijuana in them.

Thomas signed with the Bobcats in February.

SideLine Shooter
June 21st, 2011, 12:14 PM
I believe he was going to MSU to major in Rocket Science.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 21st, 2011, 12:48 PM
Man, being a young guy leads to you do some dumb things and sometimes you get away with it, sometimes you don't. Too bad he made this mistake at such a critical time as to keep him from a scholly to a good school with a program on the rise like MSU.

School did what they have to do and this is a costly lesson for the young fella.

dgtw
June 21st, 2011, 01:03 PM
Not to get into the debate of pot being legal or not. do you think he'd also have lost his scholarship if he had hosted a keg party and was passing out beer?

one4all333
June 21st, 2011, 01:09 PM
Not the first time for this kid...seems he was suspended from his HS team for 2 games for being in a car with drugs...not arrested...but broke a HS policy...then mommy fought it in court to get him back on the team...looks like mommy won't be able to help this one out.

Looks like he initially verbaled to Oregon State where his brother went (by the way his brother got kicked out for showing up to somebodies house naked and drunk)...his broher then transfered to MSU to play...

I'm thinking mom should be doing less helping and more butt whooping...xasswhipx

ursus arctos horribilis
June 21st, 2011, 01:14 PM
Not to get into the debate of pot being legal or not. do you think he'd also have lost his scholarship if he had hosted a keg party and was passing out beer?

No, I don't think he would be. I think marijuana should be legal but it is not and the felony part is a tough one to get around.

OB55
June 21st, 2011, 01:33 PM
If you don't know how much pot to put in your brownies, god damn it, ask someone!!

Kids these days, think they know everything before they know anything..

Skjellyfetti
June 21st, 2011, 01:38 PM
sounds like there was a rat at the party. snitches get stitches.

dgtw
June 21st, 2011, 06:08 PM
sounds like there was a rat at the party. snitches get stitches.

If I ever see someone steal your car, I'll be sure not to snitch.

Sounds like thid kid is trouble and the team was wise to cut ties with him.

bpcats
June 21st, 2011, 06:39 PM
This wasn't about snitches. He was selling the browning in the parking lot of drug free sponsored senior night gathering before graduation. Kids were showing adverse symptoms at the party that was brought to the attention of chaperones.

Jacked_Rabbit
June 21st, 2011, 08:05 PM
If you don't know how much pot to put in your brownies, god damn it, ask someone!!

Kids these days, think they know everything before they know anything..

Or, if you don't initially know how much weed to put in your brownies, you can simply make a couple of trial batches to test things out. If they don't turn out, just feed them to your siblings or take them to a pot-luck...

NoCoDanny
June 21st, 2011, 08:17 PM
Naked and drunk shouldn't be a crime.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 21st, 2011, 08:37 PM

For dudes it sure should be.

Tribe4SF
June 22nd, 2011, 07:06 AM
No, I don't think he would be. I think marijuana should be legal but it is not and the felony part is a tough one to get around.

You think it should be legal for kids?

I run a youth treatment center, and marijuana remains the #2 drug of choice among our population. The adolescent brain does not cope well with THC, as evidenced by the shear genius of the young man discussed here.

pike51
June 22nd, 2011, 07:38 AM

I run a youth treatment center, and marijuana remains the #2 drug of choice among our population. The adolescent brain does not cope well with THC, as evidenced by the shear genius of the young man discussed here.

It all makes sense to me now... so many questions, all answered with the same answer.

FTR... the #1 drug of choice is NOT moonshine soaked cherries!! :)

Tribe4SF
June 22nd, 2011, 09:05 AM
It all makes sense to me now... so many questions, all answered with the same answer.

FTR... the #1 drug of choice is NOT moonshine soaked cherries!! :)

Thank God for that! I've witnessed the long term cost of that particular addiction when you came to W&M, and it ain't pretty.

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/04659965463554731728.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
June 22nd, 2011, 11:10 AM

No, I was just setting the table that I am not an advocate that it is illegal. I think it should be considered in the same light as alcohol.

one4all333
June 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM

I agree...unless you break into a strangers house and pass out...sorry forgot to mention that part in the story...

I wonder what the headlines to that story was?

"Naked Beaver found in womans home"...xeekx

WestCoastAggie
June 22nd, 2011, 12:35 PM
Thank God for that! I've witnessed the long term cost of that particular addiction when you came to W&M, and it ain't pretty.

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/04659965463554731728.jpg

xconfusedx:pumpuke:

Tribe4SF
June 22nd, 2011, 03:00 PM
Speaking of marijuana, the research continues.

Newswise — WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – June 21, 2011 – Smoking marijuana affects peoples’ impulsivity, attention, memory, cognition and decision-making abilities. That’s been scientifically proven.

Recent research from Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center draws on the findings of previously published studies to further understanding about how marijuana affects the brains of chronic users, with specific focus on how the drug affects the decision-making process.

http://www.newswise.com/articles/decision-making-processes-blunted-in-chronic-marijuana-smokers

ursus arctos horribilis
June 22nd, 2011, 05:27 PM
Speaking of marijuana, the research continues.

Newswise — WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – June 21, 2011 – Smoking marijuana affects peoples’ impulsivity, attention, memory, cognition and decision-making abilities. That’s been scientifically proven.

Recent research from Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center draws on the findings of previously published studies to further understanding about how marijuana affects the brains of chronic users, with specific focus on how the drug affects the decision-making process.

http://www.newswise.com/articles/decision-making-processes-blunted-in-chronic-marijuana-smokers

I bet it does. I think Alcohol, caffeine, & nicotine have some side effects as well. Some of that stuff is the reason for doing some of that stuff.xlolx