PDA

View Full Version : 49er Head Coach - SoCon & Big South "...a little nervous to play us."

Pages : [1] 2

The Cats
June 17th, 2011, 08:27 PM
"I kind of take that as a compliment," Lambert says about the rejections from the Big South and the Southern Conference. "They might be a little nervous to play us."

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/06/17/2385080/waiting-for-the-first-49ers-freshmen.html#ixzz1PaMP0p00

Skjellyfetti
June 17th, 2011, 08:37 PM
UNCC's coach appears to be a troll.

ASU_Fanatic
June 17th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Rofl, rofl, rofl, rofl, rofl. They would lose by 30 to Western.

bjtheflamesfan
June 17th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Considering that they have teams from BOTH the Big South and Southern Conference on their schedule the first two years but none of them (except GaSou in 2014) are playoff teams, I would think that maybe UNCC is more nervous about playing some legitimately challenging competition.

cmaxwellgsu
June 17th, 2011, 10:00 PM
I hope we hang 70 on them. Will be a fun slap of reality to deliver.

tribefan40
June 17th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I like his hardhat. Seriously though, if FBS is immenent, why aren't they going independent and transitional and all that mess. Clearly, FCS can't hadle UNCC. xeyebrowx

Apphole
June 17th, 2011, 11:49 PM
UNCC drops football by 2017. Mark my words.

Redwyn
June 18th, 2011, 12:14 AM

I'd like to hear what your logic is. Not trying to argue with you, and I reserve my own opinion on this (just don't know enough). But would like to know what you think.

49RFootballNow
June 18th, 2011, 03:06 AM
I'd like to hear what your logic is. Not trying to argue with you, and I reserve my own opinion on this (just don't know enough). But would like to know what you think.

Because he's an Apphole.

citdog
June 18th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Considering that they have teams from BOTH the Big South and Southern Conference on their schedule the first two years but none of them (except GaSou in 2014) are playoff teams, I would think that maybe UNCC is more nervous about playing some legitimately challenging competition.

the 5th or 6th place team in the SoCon would win that pansy league jerry's cult plays in EVERY YEAR. EVERY Southern Conference team will be 4td's better than charlotte and 3 td's better than the cult.

SideLine Shooter
June 18th, 2011, 06:07 AM

I don't think so. They already have a soccer stadium. Nice one at that.

dgtw
June 18th, 2011, 06:48 AM
I guess the UNCC basketball, baseball, volleyball, etc. coaches must be scared of the SoCon since they didn't want to join with the football team.

VBR_Productions
June 18th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I posted this story in a separate thread and T-Dog posted the below schedule. It bears repeating for anyone who didn't see that thread.

Aug. 31, 2013 - CAMPBELL (H)
Sept. 7, 2013 - CHOWAN (H)
Sept. 14, 2013 - NC CENTRAL (H)
Sept. 21, 2013 - at Old Dominion (A)
Sept. 28, 2013 - at Presbyterian (A) <------Big South
Oct. 5, 2013 - GARDNER-WEBB (H) <------Big South
Oct. 12, 2013 - UNC PEMBROKE (H)
Oct. 19, 2013 -
Oct. 26, 2013 - at Charleston Southern (A) <------Big South
Nov. 2, 2013 - at Coastal Carolina (A) <------Big South
Nov. 9, 2013 - NORTH GREENVILLE (H)
Nov. 16, 2013 -
Nov. 23, 2013 - at Morehead State (A)

Aug. 30, 2014 -
Sept. 6, 2014 - OLD DOMINION (H)
Sept. 13, 2014 - at NC Central (A)
Sept. 20, 2014 - at Campbell (A)
Sept. 27, 2014 - CHARLESTON SOUTHERN (H) <------Big South
Oct. 4, 2014 - at Gardner Webb (A) <------Big South
Oct. 11, 2014 - at The Citadel (A) <------Southern
Oct. 18, 2014 -
Oct. 25, 2014 - GEORGIA SOUTHERN (H) <------Southern
Nov. 1, 2014 - at Western Carolina (A) <------Southern
Nov. 8, 2014 - COASTAL CAROLINA (H) <------Big South
Nov. 15, 2014 - at Furman (A) <------Southern
Nov. 22, 2014 - MOREHEAD STATE (H)

Sept. 12, 2015 - PRESBYTERIAN (H) <------Big South
Sept. 26, 2015 - at Georgia Southern (A) <------Southern
TBD, 2015 - FURMAN (H) <------Southern
TBD, 2015 - WESTERN CAROLINA (H) <------Southern

Yep, real nervous. xnonox

91Niner
June 19th, 2011, 10:06 AM
the 5th or 6th place team in the SoCon would win that pansy league jerry's cult plays in EVERY YEAR. EVERY Southern Conference team will be 4td's better than charlotte and 3 td's better than the cult.

Sure they will.....like how all the other sports teams in those leagues are so much better than Charlotte's.....haha.......there's mens and womens basketballxeyebrowx.......uhhhh well, theres baseball, uh no...........well, maybe soccer, uhhh no again.......maybe golf or track and field.......oops........sure, the BS and SC football teams will always be way better than Charlotte.....xlolx

phoenixphanatic21
June 19th, 2011, 10:42 AM

xoutofrepx

Seriously, UNCC needs to learn to shut their mouths every once in a while. If they stayed quiet and didn't talk about how the FCS was pretty much nothing more than a stepping stone, then maybe we wouldn't be so "scared to play" them. Despite the fact that, as has been mentioned, much of their schedule already includes Big South or SoCon teams. But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night coach.

AppMan
June 20th, 2011, 06:45 AM

I think he's just an idiot.

dgtw
June 20th, 2011, 07:10 AM
I think he was just trying to stir things up and to rally the troops around his program.

That being said, I agree smack talk from a team that doesn't even exist except on paper is a bit foolish.

AppMan
June 20th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Sure they will.....like how all the other sports teams in those leagues are so much better than Charlotte's.....haha.......there's mens and womens basketballxeyebrowx.......uhhhh well, theres baseball, uh no...........well, maybe soccer, uhhh no again.......maybe golf or track and field.......oops........sure, the BS and SC football teams will always be way better than Charlotte.....xlolx

Other than basketball its hard to say how good UNCC's other teams are since the A-10 stinks in everything else, especially baseball. Easy to win conference championships when the league you play in features a bunch of yankee schools and conference RPI of 19. As an FYI the conferences that are scared to play you guys came in at Big South 14, Southern 15, CAA 18. Team RPI: Coastal Carolina 42, JMU 45, Elon 48, Charleston 62, UNCC 70. Rhode Island was first in the A-10 in RPI at 69 but the next closest was Xavier at 138. ASU had a bad year and finished at 134. All this crowing I hear from 49'er fans about how good their baseball team is and their all time NCAA tournament record is 3-10. Time to face reality and understand these 40 win seasons are against against pitiful competition.

PaladinFan
June 20th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Did Georgia State and UNCC folks go to the same school of stupid commentary? How arrogant. The SoCon has three member teams with more national championships than UNCC has games played.

At the end of the day, UNCC has spent so much time talking about how great they are going to be, it is shocking to them that conferences are not really as into them as they are into themselves. The SoCon doesn't have any business extending a league invite (which some programs lobby for years to get) to a school that has never played a snap and has never expressed any interest in staying at this level. That may comes a shock to UNCC admins, but it makes complete and utter sense to everybody else.

AppAlum2003
June 20th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Did Georgia State and UNCC folks go to the same school of stupid commentary? How arrogant. The SoCon has three member teams with more national championships than UNCC has games played.

At the end of the day, UNCC has spent so much time talking about how great they are going to be, it is shocking to them that conferences are not really as into them as they are into themselves. The SoCon doesn't have any business extending a league invite (which some programs lobby for years to get) to a school that has never played a snap and has never expressed any interest in staying at this level. That may comes a shock to UNCC admins, but it makes complete and utter sense to everybody else.

As a citizen of NC I can tell you the University's attitude is not dissimilar to the city of Charlotte itself. From watching the local news you'd think Charlotte is comparable to the height of the Roman Empire.

Apphole
June 20th, 2011, 09:02 AM
As a citizen of NC I can tell you the University's attitude is not dissimilar to the city of Charlotte itself. From watching the local news you'd think Charlotte is comparable to the height of the Roman Empire.

I respect the city a whole lot more than the school, especially because they're no where near each other.

Apphole
June 20th, 2011, 09:09 AM
The coach is just showing his noob here. He clearly knows nothing about being a HC. He was a DC from the perennial ACC bottom feeder, Wake, so he runs his mouth. I hope the CAA considers this when thinking of letting them in for all sports. I don't even feel like their first 5 winless seasons will stop the trash talk. Does this guy drive an F-350?

*Let's try to get my point across without the fascist changing my post. ASU has defeated Wake several times when we played in the late 90s and early 2000's. So much so, that they stopped scheduling us. There, I left out the letter with the *'s, happy?*

asumike83
June 20th, 2011, 09:11 AM
When a school does not have a history of football and therefore no natural rivals, I think the leader of an upstart program just wants to ruffle some feathers to get people (not just UNCC people, but also fans of the potential competition) talking about his team. I agree that the playoff-caliber teams are absolutely not afraid to play UNCC but if that was his intent, it is working.

91Niner
June 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM
I respect the city a whole lot more than the school, especially because they're no where near each other.

OMG, Apphole I honestly think you could not be any dumber. UNC Charlotte is in the city limits of Charlotte and has been for several decades......As for the other sports, the record books (NCAA tourney appearances, final fours, etc.) show Charlotte to be light years ahead of the SoCon and even moreso of the BS. Even the stats you guys posted about baseball show it,as the Niners had to overcome the admittedly weak A10 (for baseball) by beating great teams OOC (UNCCH, Arkansas, Dallas Baptist). It took a lot of strong play to get the RPI back into the top 60-70. Dont forget we got a 3 seed. What seed did the "aq" team from the SoCon get? Also, what "real championships" (ie;Top level) have the SoCon or BS won, or even Final Fours. Please enlighten me, seriously.

PaladinFan
June 20th, 2011, 03:21 PM
OMG, Apphole I honestly think you could not be any dumber. UNC Charlotte is in the city limits of Charlotte and has been for several decades......As for the other sports, the record books (NCAA tourney appearances, final fours, etc.) show Charlotte to be light years ahead of the SoCon and even moreso of the BS. Even the stats you guys posted about baseball show it,as the Niners had to overcome the admittedly weak A10 (for baseball) by beating great teams OOC (UNCCH, Arkansas, Dallas Baptist). It took a lot of strong play to get the RPI back into the top 60-70. Dont forget we got a 3 seed. What seed did the "aq" team from the SoCon get? Also, what "real championships" (ie;Top level) have the SoCon or BS won, or even Final Fours. Please enlighten me, seriously.

If you don't consider a FCS/I-AA title a "real championship" you are not going to get much traction with this crowd. By "this crowd" I mean everyone on this forum.

At the end of the day, it's a stupid comment made by the head coach. Not that coaches are immune from making stupid comments. I don't have an opinion about the school or Charlotte one way or another, it just seems like they need to win a game first before starting to make off hand remarks against the SoCon.

Saint3333
June 20th, 2011, 03:56 PM
He just dropped an "OMG", I knew the post was going to be good...

Apphole
June 20th, 2011, 04:02 PM
I believe 91 is his birth year.

91Niner
June 20th, 2011, 05:21 PM
I believe 91 is his birth year.

haha.....I wish it was......but have you ever read your own posts? I hope you are even younger than that.

91Niner
June 20th, 2011, 05:30 PM
If you don't consider a FCS/I-AA title a "real championship" you are not going to get much traction with this crowd. By "this crowd" I mean everyone on this forum.At the end of the day, it's a stupid comment made by the head coach. Not that coaches are immune from making stupid comments. I don't have an opinion about the school or Charlotte one way or another, it just seems like they need to win a game first before starting to make off hand remarks against the SoCon.

I could NOT care any less about getting "traction with this crowd" and the fact is an FCS "Title" (the best either of these 2 leagues have done, as far as I know) does not equate to a top division championship. It is a nice accomplishment, but its not a "real" championship! Sorry, its not. Charlotte has 3 "real" Final Four appearances at the highest level of competition in 3 different sports (basketball-1977, mens soccer-1996 and mens golf-2008). Can any BS or SC school match that? Of course to be fair, I guess it is harder to get those when you're in a one-bid league for almost every sport.

Coastal44
June 20th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Sorry didn't read the whole thread saw the title in the 1st few messages and was like xnonono2x. Zero players on campus as of now and people are scared to play them??? Man, I liked UNC-Charlotte until now! Ladies and gentlemen here is your 49er football team.... http://www.kaskeykids.com/store/images/mini_packs/ftb_blue/mini_ftb_blue.jpg
Get a team 1st then talk!!!! Until then xcoffeex

phoenixphanatic21
June 20th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I could NOT care any less about getting "traction with this crowd" and the fact is an FCS "Title" (the best either of these 2 leagues have done, as far as I know) does not equate to a top division championship. It is a nice accomplishment, but its not a "real" championship! Sorry, its not. Charlotte has 3 "real" Final Four appearances at the highest level of competition in 3 different sports (basketball-1977, mens soccer-1996 and mens golf-2008). Can any BS or SC school match that? Of course to be fair, I guess it is harder to get those when you're in a one-bid league for almost every sport.

And then you wonder why no one wants you in their conference or likes you...

I-16Bandit
June 20th, 2011, 05:49 PM

From this post, I have come to a conclusion.

The fans of UNCC and the fans of Georgia State should get married. The similarities are scary.

App-a-latch-un
June 20th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Head coach is as idiotic as their 8 fans xlolx

ninerID
June 20th, 2011, 05:57 PM
are you guys seriously getting upset about this?

"They might be a little nervous to play us."

He's a college football coach, if he didn't talk this way I'd be worried.

I-16Bandit
June 20th, 2011, 06:16 PM
are you guys seriously getting upset about this?

"They might be a little nervous to play us."

He's a college football coach, if he didn't talk this way I'd be worried.

http://www.panthertalk.com/forums

Go there and have discussions about people being scared to play you.

asumike83
June 20th, 2011, 06:17 PM

2nd, 3rd or 4th place is not a "real" championship either. Sorry, it's not.

Plus, Davidson (SoCon) was in the Elite 8 in 2008, which considering how much more talent is out there these days, is an equally impressive accomplishment as your 1977 Final Four in a 32-team field if you ask most any college basketball fan.

gophoenix
June 20th, 2011, 07:13 PM

In Baseball, The SoCon has College Word Series appearances by The Citadel and Gerogia Southern
For 10 of the past 12 years, the SoCon has been a 2 or 3 bid league baseball
The SoCon and Big South have been rated higher than the A-10 in baseball since 1999, which is the first year I can find online.
Davidson has basketball final four appearances 2 times in the 60s
Davidson has an Elite 8 appearance
Georgia Southern has 6 National Titles, App 3 in FCS
Elon and Samford have won multiple titles in other multiple sports in lower divisions

UNCC's RPI, from a weaker A-10 for baseball was worse than that of 4 SoCon schools and 3 Big Southern schools.

Also, for the record, the FCS Championship is the top Championship that the NCAA gives out in football.

And seriously, you are touting your best accomplishments as coming in 3 or 4th place in basketball in the 1970s? And that's the best you've got overall in the entire athletics history of UNCC? You realize that every member of the SoCon has won a national championship in some sport on some level?

Care to add anything else? You guys really just like pushing all this, eh?

ursus arctos horribilis
June 20th, 2011, 07:22 PM
2nd, 3rd or 4th place is not a "real" championship either. Sorry, it's not.

Plus, Davidson (SoCon) was in the Elite 8 in 2008, which considering how much more talent is out there these days, is an equally impressive accomplishment as your 1977 Final Four in a 32-team field if you ask most any college basketball fan.

I was fairly befuddled by the final four being a championship myself.xlolx

I can definitely see that some of the UNCC guys have a much higher opinion of themselves than most around the country do.

Everybody around the country that care even a little bit about sports know about App. St., I don't think they know too much about UNCC so that may be a Carolina thing due to BBall...I can't figure out why they over value themselves so much though.

elcid83
June 20th, 2011, 07:28 PM
While I think his comments are childish, I do wish that the Big South would take UNCC temporarily as a football only team so that we could more easily have a significant football schedule.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

ursus arctos horribilis
June 20th, 2011, 07:34 PM
In Baseball, The SoCon has College Word Series appearances by The Citadel and Gerogia Southern
For 10 of the past 12 years, the SoCon has been a 2 or 3 bid league baseball
The SoCon and Big South have been rated higher than the A-10 in baseball since 1999, which is the first year I can find online.
Davidson has basketball final four appearances 2 times in the 60s
Davidson has an Elite 8 appearance
Georgia Southern has 6 National Titles, App 3 in FCS
Elon and Samford have won multiple titles in other multiple sports in lower divisions

UNCC's RPI, from a weaker A-10 for baseball was worse than that of 4 SoCon schools and 3 Big Southern schools.

Also, for the record, the FCS Championship is the top Championship that the NCAA gives out in football.

And seriously, you are touting your best accomplishments as coming in 3 or 4th place in basketball in the 1970s? And that's the best you've got overall in the entire athletics history of UNCC? You realize that every member of the SoCon has won a national championship in some sport on some level?

Care to add anything else? You guys really just like pushing all this, eh?

gophoenix just ripped the tits off that one.

BTW, Furman needs to be included in the NC for FCS as well so that's even a little stronger.

wb247
June 20th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Congratulations on your final 4, in the 70's. However, let me use an example of another in-state program with great tradition to put that in perspective for you. Stop and consider how absolutely irrelevant NC State is in basketball today. Now consider their storied history and the fact that they even WON a final 4 in the 70's and the 80's. Go ahead, compare your "historic" program to theirs. Please understand that however irrelevant they are, you are substantially less relevant.

UNCC's chest-thumping is totally out-of-hand. That said, I do look forward to the day you put a team on the field and hope for you to be competitive as soon as possible. Beyond that, I hope you come to appreciate what you have rather than pine about what you had. Ya know, Al Bundy once scored four touchdowns in a single game. He turned out just fine, living on past accomplishments, right?

ASUMountaineer
June 20th, 2011, 08:58 PM

In regards to the "real" championship, the NCAA doesn't give out a higher football championship than the NCAA Division I National Championship. I guess, if you're going to remove ASU's three NCAA Division I National Championships, then ASU has the same amount of "real" championships as UNCC.

Look, I support ASU moving to FBS, so I can understand your "issues" with the FCS. However, UNCC has yet to field a team or play a game. Lambert has yet to coach a game as "the guy." I understand why he said what he did--try and put a positive light on the situation. I would just caution him to focus more on building his program (which I'm sure he's doing--and, I know he would not want my advice) than giving into hubris. I live in Charlotte, and would love to one day have a rivalry with UNCC and ECU. However, I think the sense of entitlement and expected greatness many UNCC fans possess is a little off for a team yet to exist (my buddy at work included).

There are many reasons why the SoCon and Big South declined UNCC. One of the many may be wanting to avoid recruiting battles with what would be the largest school in either conference. However, UNCC's position that it was not interested in FCS other than to launch itself to play amongst the big boys was probably the biggest reason. Best of luck to UNCC, it's not going to be easy to go it as an independent (if the CAA says no) and be successful--not to mention reaching their ultimate desired destination in the FBS. But, stranger things have happened.

91Niner
June 20th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Congratulations on your final 4, in the 70's. However, let me use an example of another in-state program with great tradition to put that in perspective for you. Stop and consider how absolutely irrelevant NC State is in basketball today. Now consider their storied history and the fact that they even WON a final 4 in the 70's and the 80's. Go ahead, compare your "historic" program to theirs. Please understand that however irrelevant they are, you are substantially less relevant.

UNCC's chest-thumping is totally out-of-hand. That said, I do look forward to the day you put a team on the field and hope for

u to be competitive as soon as possible. Beyond that, I hope you come to appreciate what you have rather than pine about what you had. Ya know, Al Bundy once scored four touchdowns in a single game. He turned out just fine, living on past accomplishments, right?

YOu guys are too easy. I like how you skip our soccer final four and our golf 3rd place finish just 2-3 years ago and an 8th place the year before that (also 7 straight NCAA tourneys). BTW, we were ranked #1 for quite a while during the 2008 golf season. Also, all those GREAT stats include exactly ZERO "real" titles or anything as close to one as a final four (my original point). The Davidson run in 2008 is the only thing worthy of note and BTW, we still beat the MildCats that season and own a 26-10 all-time record against them.......and they are FAR AND AWAY the SoCons best bball team.

The SoCon baseball stats are also not bad but again you're comparing an entire conf. to our one school and we're still as good over the last decade in terms of rankings, tourneys made, wins, etc. Can any one of your programs (SoCon baseball) claim 3 tourneys made and multiple tourney wins during the last 5 seasons or wins 5 seasons in a row over teams ranked in the top 7 in the nation?

Nice try though guys, keep talking about your FCS and DII "titles"......xsmiley_wix

49RFootballNow
June 20th, 2011, 09:06 PM
It seems incredibly silly to get this worked up over what Lambert said, but if this makes your Summers go by quicker then have fun. xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
June 20th, 2011, 09:09 PM
YOu guys are too easy. I like how you skip our soccer final four and our golf 3rd place finish just 2-3 years ago and an 8th place the year before that (also 7 straight NCAA tourneys). BTW, we were ranked #1 for quite a while during the 2008 golf season. Also, all those GREAT stats include exactly ZERO "real" titles or anything as close to one as a final four (my original point). The Davidson run in 2008 is the only thing worthy of note and BTW, we still beat the MildCats that season and own a 26-10 all-time record against them.......and they are FAR AND AWAY the SoCons best bball team.

The SoCon baseball stats are also not bad but again you're comparing an entire conf. to our one school and we're still as good over the last decade in terms of rankings, tourneys made, wins, etc. Can any one of your programs (SoCon baseball) claim 3 tourneys made and multiple tourney wins during the last 5 seasons or wins 5 seasons in a row over teams ranked in the top 7 in the nation?

Nice try though guys, keep talking about your FCS and DII "titles"......xsmiley_wix

I appreciate every win you had over Davidson. xthumbsupx

I do have a question, why are you here if you think so lowly of the FCS Championship? I get your point about it (again I support moving to FBS for ASU), I'm just curious as to why you ever bother posting at a site devoted to something so meaningless...

henfan
June 20th, 2011, 09:11 PM
...the fact is an FCS "Title" (the best either of these 2 leagues have done, as far as I know) does not equate to a top division championship. It is a nice accomplishment, but its not a "real" championship!
http://www.bolgernow.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/dumbass_award.jpg
Congrats, UNCC fan. Now there's a real champion.xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
June 20th, 2011, 09:13 PM
It seems incredibly silly to get this worked up over what Lambert said, but if this makes your Summers go by quicker then have fun. xthumbsupx

I agree, I think it's funny that he said it...but, it doesn't "get me worked up." I actually think he probably needed to say something like that for the supporters and fans. I think he'll be a good coach, and is probably a good hire--perhaps the best thing Rose has done. I get the hubris many UNCC fans have--as we Mountaineers have our fair share--but it will be interesting to see how it plays out for UNCC, especially if they go it as an independent. You guys are well positioned to jump to FBS if you're initially successful, and not many other FCS teams make the jump before you can. Like I said, it will be interesting...

91Niner
June 20th, 2011, 09:14 PM
http://www.bolgernow.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/dumbass_award.jpg
Congrats, UNCC fan. Now there's a real champion.xthumbsupx

wow, clever......

91Niner
June 20th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I appreciate every win you had over Davidson. xthumbsupx

I do have a question, why are you here if you think so lowly of the FCS Championship? I get your point about it (again I support moving to FBS for ASU), I'm just curious as to why you ever bother posting at a site devoted to something so meaningless...

I only post over here when I see shots and lies about my alma mater, which is almost daily.

The Cats
June 20th, 2011, 09:36 PM
From this post, I have come to a conclusion.

The fans of UNCC and the fans of Georgia State should get married. The similarities are scary.

What ever happened to all those obnoxious Ga State fans after their first season of actually playing football? I guess they must have slithered back to their panther talk board, LOL.

State Line Liquors
June 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM

Cherish those golf championships, er whatever they were, now. Institutional resources are a funny thing the way they're usually limited in number, and become particularly scarce for non-revenue producing sports in mid-majors once football enters the budgetary pie.

Tribal
June 20th, 2011, 09:38 PM
UNCC & GA State should just form their "We're Too Good for the FCS" Conference and call it a day. They could play each other 10 times and Lambuth once. The conference champion would be the team that raised enough money to jump start the Lambuth program again. It's a win-win.

SideLine Shooter
June 20th, 2011, 09:41 PM
UNCC & GA State should just form their "We're Too Good for the FCS" Conference and call it a day. They could play each other 10 times and Lambuth once. The conference champion would be the team that raised enough money to jump start the Lambuth program again. It's a win-win.

Might work except for one problem. Nobody with ties to UNCC really gives a ***t.

ASUMountaineer
June 20th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I only post over here when I see shots and lies about my alma mater, which is almost daily.

I see. I'd imagine that shots at the FCS National Championship isn't exactly helping the cause. For a division so meaningless, I'm surprised it's even worth fighting "shots and lies." Imagine how many shots we've taken over "Hot, Hot, Hot"...of course, whenever the weather is cold, cold, cold...

Accelerati Incredibilus
June 20th, 2011, 10:11 PM

Are you really that dense? The point you seem to be missing is the A10 is a sorry conference in everything but basketball and the SOS & RPI numbers support that. If UNCC won every championship in every sport and went the the NCAA's every year, it would still mean nothing. You simply can not hide from cold, hard facts. The RPI and SOS numbers do not lie.

bjtheflamesfan
June 20th, 2011, 10:55 PM
bjtheflamesfan told me that the "vaunted" Charlotte baseball team had the same record at regionals this year that Coastal Carolina did

49RFootballNow
June 20th, 2011, 11:19 PM
We won the conference we played baseball in and scheduled the best OOC we had available. For that we got to play in the NCAA Baseball Tournament. If your conferences places multiple teams into the baseball tournament good for them. We've won the A10 four out of the last five years. You'll find it hard to make me feel bad about where our baseball program is at right now.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 20th, 2011, 11:31 PM
91Niner, I understand how this division is pretty easy for a big timer like UNCC. Just out of curiosity how long do you think it will be once you have football for you guys to make the playoffs?

Get a playoff win?

Win a NC?

I know it's gonna be easy but I just don't know how easy so if you could help a brother out...

asumike83
June 20th, 2011, 11:37 PM

If a 'real' title is defined as any Division 1 championship other than the FCS Football championship, what conference do you expect to end up in? You want history of baseball, basketball, football, soccer and golf national championships, then go hit up the ACC or SEC. Let me know how that goes.

cmaxwellgsu
June 21st, 2011, 12:41 AM
UNCC will never make it out of FCS.

91Niner
June 21st, 2011, 06:13 AM
If a 'real' title is defined as any Division 1 championship other than the FCS Football championship, what conference do you expect to end up in? You want history of baseball, basketball, football, soccer and golf national championships, then go hit up the ACC or SEC. Let me know how that goes.

OK, maybe the word "real" wasnt the best choice. However, you guys know exactly what I meant and that is an FCS title is NOT equal to an FBS title, or a title in college basketball or any other sport that has no "higher" division. Its like comparing winning the AAA Baseball championship vs. winning the World Series or the CFL Championship vs. the Super Bowl. If Charlotte ever did win the FCS Title, I would be proud of it but I would not run around claiming some of the things I see the Ap fans do.

Smitty
June 21st, 2011, 06:30 AM
OK, maybe the word "real" wasnt the best choice. However, you guys know exactly what I meant and that is an FCS title is NOT equal to an FBS title, or a title in college basketball or any other sport that has no "higher" division. Its like comparing winning the AAA Baseball championship vs. winning the World Series or the CFL Championship vs. the Super Bowl. If Charlotte ever did win the FCS Title, I would be proud of it but I would not run around claiming some of the things I see the Ap fans do.

Okay so then your earlier statement is now pointless?

I think the biggest thing about this thread is the fact that the 49ers coach is talking smack when he doesn't have anything to show for it.

PaladinFan
June 21st, 2011, 07:11 AM
Okay so then your earlier statement is now pointless?

I think the biggest thing about this thread is the fact that the 49ers coach is talking smack when he doesn't have anything to show for it.

Long ago, that was my point.

Ask Jerome Felton whether he was "nervous" the last time Furman went to play an out of conference game in North Carolina http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vmtEhSTCaI

Nope.

Again, Niners fans, animosity aside, the point is that Georgia State fans came on this forum last year, were completely obnoxious, made similar "they are scared to play us" comments, and then lost to Lambuth, who, most of us didn't even know fielded a team.

Saint3333
June 21st, 2011, 07:45 AM

If a SoCon coach had said this about UNCC your 8 fans would be all over those comments, your hypocrisy is amusing. What is silly is that he made this comment when 8 programs from both conferences are already on your schedule.

henfan
June 21st, 2011, 07:50 AM
OK, maybe the word "real" wasnt the best choice. However, you guys know exactly what I meant and that is an FCS title is NOT equal to an FBS title...

It seems that as you work the whole FCS concept through your noggin, you're finally starting to get it. That's a good start. Shows there may be hope for you yet. xnodx

Most people here understand the differences between the BCS Crystal Cup Bowl and the NCAA's D-I Football Championship. We've been following this subdivision for many years; some of us for several decades. Some of us have followed our school across the country, attended hundreds of games and multiple NC games, etc. We don't need someone who's team has yet to play a down of FB inform of the genuineness of the FCS championship.

I'd suggest hitting the reset and approaching FCS FB with a little more humility, common sense and respect. Heck, maybe even do some research and learn a little bit about the FB programs UNCC will be competing against indefinitely. If the Niners are ever fortunate enough to make it to the top of their FB subdivision and win an NCAA championship, we'll revisit the concept of how 'real' that accomplishment is to the UNCC community.

Peace.

SpeedkingATL
June 21st, 2011, 09:08 AM
It seems that as you work the whole FCS concept through your noggin, you're finally starting to get it. That's a good start. Shows there may be hope for you yet. xnodx

Most people here understand the differences between the BCS Crystal Cup Bowl and the NCAA's D-I Football Championship. We've been following this subdivision for many years; some of us for several decades. Some of us have followed our school across the country, attended hundreds of games and multiple NC games, etc. We don't need someone who's team has yet to play a down of FB inform of the genuineness of the FCS championship.

I'd suggest hitting the reset and approaching FCS FB with a little more humility, common sense and respect. Heck, maybe even do some research and learn a little bit about the FB programs UNCC will be competing against indefinitely. If the Niners are ever fortunate enough to make it to the top of their FB subdivision and win an NCAA championship, we'll revisit the concept of how 'real' that accomplishment is to the UNCC community.

Peace.

Well stated Henfan!

91Niner
June 21st, 2011, 09:15 AM

Peace.

OK, there is a whole lot of responses I could make to this post, but in the interest of "sportsmanship" I'll simply advise that I know a whole lot more about FCS than you probably think, but I'll let it go at that.

Saint3333
June 21st, 2011, 09:46 AM
OK, there is a whole lot of responses I could make to this post, but in the interest of "sportsmanship" I'll simply advise that I know a whole lot more about FCS than you probably think, but I'll let it go at that.

That may actually be true, as anything is more than nothing.

SoCon48
June 21st, 2011, 10:30 AM

Then you should know that FCS is not in a lower division, it's the same division, just a sub-division.

"NOT equal to an FBS title, or a title in college basketball or any other sport that has no "higher" division"

49RFootballNow
June 21st, 2011, 10:32 AM
If a SoCon coach had said this about UNCC your 8 fans would be all over those comments, your hypocrisy is amusing. What is silly is that he made this comment when 8 programs from both conferences are already on your schedule.

Well I do know one SoCon school that obviously fits Coach Lambert's description. It won't schedule us. It voted against us joining the SoCon as an affiliate. Its AD admitted that our program is a major factor in them looking at moving to FBS. Its message board trolls feel the need to post threads about us every other day and blog about our "non-existent" football program once a week, and its incoming coeds put on an average of 30 pounds their freshmen years and never lose it. That's right! Appalachian State.

Smitty
June 21st, 2011, 10:44 AM
Well I do know one SoCon school that obviously fits Coach Lambert's description. It won't schedule us. It voted against us joining the SoCon as an affiliate. Its AD admitted that our program is a major factor in them looking at moving to FBS. Its message board trolls feel the need to post threads about us every other day and blog about our "non-existent" football program once a week, and its incoming coeds put on an average of 30 pounds their freshmen years and never lose it. That's right! Appalachian State.

Is that a bald joke?

wb247
June 21st, 2011, 10:46 AM

If your goal is to conceal your intimate knowledge of FCS football, I'd say you have succeeded.

91Niner
June 21st, 2011, 10:49 AM
Then you should know that FCS is not in a lower division, it's the same division, just a sub-division.

"NOT equal to an FBS title, or a title in college basketball or any other sport that has no "higher" division"

yeah.....ok, you win. FCS is every bit as prestigious as FBS. Thats why so many teams make that "lateral move" from FBS to FCS all the time.

ASUMountaineer
June 21st, 2011, 10:51 AM

xlolx

49RFootballNow
June 21st, 2011, 10:53 AM
xlolx

See, now we're all having fun here!

ASUMountaineer
June 21st, 2011, 11:01 AM
yeah.....ok, you win. FCS is every bit as prestigious as FBS. Thats why so many teams make that "lateral move" from FBS to FCS all the time.

I don't think he was arguing prestige, just the factual basis that FBS and FCS are not separate divisions. Clearly the FBS has the big-time, traditional college football powerhouses (Ivy notwithstanding). It's also clearly the ultimate destination for a lot of programs that find success at the FCS level (that's why you see teams move to FBS from FCS, not to FCS from FBS). There are no smoke-screens here, we all know the BCS National Championship is considered the granddaddy.

Our schools (and yours will eventually) compete for the FCS Championship (AKA the NCAA Division I National Championship) and so they want to win it as it is the biggest accomplishment that school/ team can achieve in football. In regards to the people on this board getting upset with you, what do you expect when you disparage the championship so many, if not all the posters, on this board covet?

Like I said, I support ASU moving to FBS...that doesn't mean I need to come onto an FCS board and belittle the FCS Championship. You say you come to this board and discuss the "meaningless" championship whenever people take "shots" and spread "lies" about UNCC. I suspect that's the feeling some of these guys are sharing in regards to the FCS Championship.

However, good luck to UNCC...it'll be a tough road, but could yield big rewards.

ASUMountaineer
June 21st, 2011, 11:08 AM
See, now we're all having fun here!

Yeah, I am surprised this thread got to 8 pages. xthumbsupx

It's a non-story to me until 2013. I thought it was funny when I originally read the article and still think it's funny. The only thing funnier are the people getting their panties in a wad over it and the UNCC fans thinking they're the next Big East addition. xlolx

49RFootballNow
June 21st, 2011, 11:11 AM
I like a little bit of Hubris in a coach.

ASUMountaineer
June 21st, 2011, 11:13 AM

Yeah, it doesn't bother me...just not real useful when you're two years away from an opportunity to back it up.

49RFootballNow
June 21st, 2011, 11:14 AM
Yeah, it doesn't bother me...just not real useful when you're two years away from an opportunity to back it up.

Not useful? Gave folks on this board something to talk about the last 2 weeks, now didn't it?

Not that turf replacement isn't the Bee's Knees!

ASUMountaineer
June 21st, 2011, 11:20 AM
Not useful? Gave folks on this board something to talk about the last 2 weeks, now didn't it?

Not that turf replacement isn't the Bee's Knees!

I doubt Lambert finds discussion on this board about that statement extremely useful for his purposes, but who knows? My guess is he's more focused on building a program (and that was the intent behind his comments)...

whitey
June 21st, 2011, 11:20 AM

I like it too. Totally something Mickey would say.

ASUMountaineer
June 21st, 2011, 11:22 AM

xlolx

superman7515
June 21st, 2011, 11:22 AM

Strangely enough, most people dislike him also.

whitey
June 21st, 2011, 11:29 AM
Strangely enough, most people dislike him also.

Haha, yeah I know. But I, for one, welcome more UNCC sound bites.

91Niner
June 21st, 2011, 12:03 PM
I don't think he was arguing prestige, just the factual basis that FBS and FCS are not separate divisions. Clearly the FBS has the big-time, traditional college football powerhouses (Ivy notwithstanding). It's also clearly the ultimate destination for a lot of programs that find success at the FCS level (that's why you see teams move to FBS from FCS, not to FCS from FBS). There are no smoke-screens here, we all know the BCS National Championship is considered the granddaddy.

Our schools (and yours will eventually) compete for the FCS Championship (AKA the NCAA Division I National Championship) and so they want to win it as it is the biggest accomplishment that school/ team can achieve in football. In regards to the people on this board getting upset with you, what do you expect when you disparage the championship so many, if not all the posters, on this board covet?

Like I said, I support ASU moving to FBS...that doesn't mean I need to come onto an FCS board and belittle the FCS Championship. You say you come to this board and discuss the "meaningless" championship whenever people take "shots" and spread "lies" about UNCC. I suspect that's the feeling some of these guys are sharing in regards to the FCS Championship.

However, good luck to UNCC...it'll be a tough road, but could yield big rewards.

Well maybe I wouldn't do that if so many posters on this board had not start taking the shots at our school and our athletic programs from day one. Charlotte fans didnt come over here at all until our program starting being talked about and almost all was completely unfounded/untrue negativity. Even in this thread, take a look back and you'll see I never posted in it until crap started being talked about Charlotte. Look for yourself.

ASUMountaineer
June 21st, 2011, 12:17 PM
Well maybe I wouldn't do that if so many posters on this board had not start taking the shots at our school and our athletic programs from day one. Charlotte fans didnt come over here at all until our program starting being talked about and almost all was completely unfounded/untrue negativity. Even in this thread, take a look back and you'll see I never posted in it until crap started being talked about Charlotte. Look for yourself.

I see, they started it!!! xlolx

Has your crusade been successful? Is this a fight worth fighting over "meaningless" games and championships?

We're all proud of our schools, but surely you're not that upset about "unfounded/ untrue negativity" on a FCS messageboard? Speaking of others starting it, you should have seen the ridiculous amount of Hot, Hot, Hot threads. It's all in good fun, relax and enjoy discussing FCS football here--if you don't enjoy it, then maybe there's other things you can do to kill time.

You've got two years before foot meets leather at UNCC...if smack talk and school bashing bothers you this much now, I hope you're prepared for what it's going to be like when UNCC actually develops football rivals. xpeacex

49RFootballNow
June 21st, 2011, 12:21 PM
To codify what 91 is saying, we've had App fans specifically on this board tell us over the last few years that we couldn't start football, we shouldn't start football, and then that they couldn't believe we are arrogant enough to start football. And somehow we have continued to move forward despite their protestations to the contrary. We simply don't put much stock in what the average Appy thinks of our program and what it can achieve. We like to set our own expectations as a fan base, a sin which I imagine all fanbases are equily guilty of. So we simply have learned to take an immediate confrontational stance with most Appy's we encounter. Its fun, its free and it entertaining to see the results.

ASUMountaineer
June 21st, 2011, 12:40 PM
To codify what 91 is saying, we've had App fans specifically on this board tell us over the last few years that we couldn't start football, we shouldn't start football, and then that they couldn't believe we are arrogant enough to start football. And somehow we have continued to move forward despite their protestations to the contrary. We simply don't put much stock in what the average Appy thinks of our program and what it can achieve. We like to set our own expectations as a fan base, a sin which I imagine all fanbases are equily guilty of. So we simply have learned to take an immediate confrontational stance with most Appy's we encounter. Its fun, its free and it entertaining to see the results.

Cool deal, I know there has been smack talk from ASU fan's about UNCC's football program. A lot of that probably stems from past games and such on the basketball side of things. I know the last time both teams played on the hardwood I was at Halton Arena and received a lot of smack talk from UNCC fans. I take it in stride as I know when I was in college I did the same to Davidson and Vermin fans. However, they were rivals...I don't think ASU or UNCC consider the other a rival.

I try not to get too worked up over what people post on a message board...people are able to be a little braver with a keyboard and monitor in front of them. And, with those opinions being just that, who cares? One thing is for certain, in an offseason with little excitement and no NFL workouts--Lambert at least provided some Western North Carolinians some offseason fodder.

SoCon48
June 21st, 2011, 01:21 PM

Stop with the "Appy" crap.

Matt49
June 21st, 2011, 01:34 PM
Cool deal, I know there has been smack talk from ASU fan's about UNCC's football program. A lot of that probably stems from past games and such on the basketball side of things. I know the last time both teams played on the hardwood I was at Halton Arena and received a lot of smack talk from UNCC fans. I take it in stride as I know when I was in college I did the same to Davidson and Vermin fans. However, they were rivals...I don't think ASU or UNCC consider the other a rival.

I try not to get too worked up over what people post on a message board...people are able to be a little braver with a keyboard and monitor in front of them. And, with those opinions being just that, who cares? One thing is for certain, in an offseason with little excitement and no NFL workouts--Lambert at least provided some Western North Carolinians some offseason fodder.

We talk a lot of smack to everyone that comes into Halton, its not just App.

StorminASU
June 21st, 2011, 01:45 PM

xeyebrowx WHY???? xoopsx

Saint3333
June 21st, 2011, 01:46 PM

Is UNCC basketball scared to sign a home and home with ASU? Pot meet kettle, we're just giving you guys some of your own medicine. We'll put you on our home schedule...

StorminASU
June 21st, 2011, 01:48 PM
Is UNCC basketball scared to sign a home and home with ASU? Pot meet kettle, we're just giving you guys some of your own medicine. We'll put you on our home schedule...

Trust me, I've tried that angle; they've got an excuse.

49RFootballNow
June 21st, 2011, 02:07 PM

I'm fine playing App in basketball. No idea how Major feels about it but Bobby's scheduled you guys several times. In baseball, because we play in such a crappy conference, we have to stock our OOC with as high of RPI teams as we can get. That's not snubbing, that's about getting seeded well for the NCAA Tournament.

I'll trade you this = APPY for this = UNCC. When Appys quit calling us be our slave name I'll never say Appy again.

ASUMountaineer
June 21st, 2011, 02:14 PM
We talk a lot of smack to everyone that comes into Halton, its not just App.

Well, I'm glad to know we're not the exception. I've never been to Halton except to watch UNCC play ASU.

ASUMountaineer
June 21st, 2011, 02:17 PM
I'm fine playing App in basketball. No idea how Major feels about it but Bobby's scheduled you guys several times. In baseball, because we play in such a crappy conference, we have to stock our OOC with as high of RPI teams as we can get. That's not snubbing, that's about getting seeded well for the NCAA Tournament.

I'll trade you this = APPY for this = UNCC. When Appys quit calling us be our slave name I'll never say Appy again.

xlolx I don't mind Appy, most people (outside of the SoCon and UNCC) use it as shorthand...not an insult. At least when you're called UNCC it is the school's name--slave or not. A lot of ASU fans hate "Appy," but I don't care...just don't say AppaLAYshun. :)

Matt49
June 21st, 2011, 02:20 PM

I would personally enjoy a home and home with App. I would probably even make the trip to Boone for Charlotte's away game. Also, I think it could potentially start a rivalry.

T-Dog
June 21st, 2011, 02:25 PM
I don't know how Major feels about us, but it doesn't matter when Judy now thinks, "If they want to play us, it'll be a 2 for 1 only!"

I guess she got tired of losing in overtime at the Holmes Center.

91Niner
June 21st, 2011, 02:51 PM
I see, they started it!!! xlolx

Has your crusade been successful? Is this a fight worth fighting over "meaningless" games and championships?

We're all proud of our schools, but surely you're not that upset about "unfounded/ untrue negativity" on a FCS messageboard? Speaking of others starting it, you should have seen the ridiculous amount of Hot, Hot, Hot threads. It's all in good fun, relax and enjoy discussing FCS football here--if you don't enjoy it, then maybe there's other things you can do to kill time.

You've got two years before foot meets leather at UNCC...if smack talk and school bashing bothers you this much now, I hope you're prepared for what it's going to be like when UNCC actually develops football rivals. xpeacex

Haaa......who's upset and who is "bothered" by any of this? I just try to give back a little of what I get. Some of the posters responding to me seem way more "upset" than I do.

biggie
June 21st, 2011, 02:54 PM
Still have no clue why some get mad at UNCC, craziest thing I've heard.

ASUMountaineer
June 21st, 2011, 03:00 PM
Haaa......who's upset and who is "bothered" by any of this? I just try to give back a little of what I get. Some of the posters responding to me seem way more "upset" than I do.

I can only go by what you say. You said the only reason you post here is to fight against those posting lies and attacks at UNCC. If you weren't bothered it would seem like a waste of time. I agree though, I'm not sure why so many people are bothered by what Lambert said...again, I thought it was funny.

91Niner
June 21st, 2011, 03:20 PM
I can only go by what you say. You said the only reason you post here is to fight against those posting lies and attacks at UNCC. If you weren't bothered it would seem like a waste of time. I agree though, I'm not sure why so many people are bothered by what Lambert said...again, I thought it was funny.

Of course, I can turn this around and say the same thing about every poster that disagrees with what I post and of note....I never said I post here to "fight" anything, but just to respond.

Tribal
June 21st, 2011, 03:34 PM
That may actually be true, as anything is more than nothing.

zing

Apphole
June 21st, 2011, 03:38 PM
Listen to this guy play the victim. We were just responding to coach Noob with is arrogant and out-of-touch public announcement. Scared to play you? App won't do it because we aren't gonna have a home-and-home with some scrub start up team, sorry. If you tried to schedule App for just an away game you better believe we would be all over it. I don't know a single App fan that wouldn't want to come to the rock an see that a** beating. I guess we will just have to live vicariously through the other 4 SoCon school's you are playing that are too scared to play you....

ASUMountaineer
June 21st, 2011, 03:46 PM
Of course, I can turn this around and say the same thing about every poster that disagrees with what I post and of note....I never said I post here to "fight" anything, but just to respond.

Of course you could, if they say they're not bothered by your posts.

My apologies for using the word "fight," but the point remains. You're free to post for whatever reason you choose, but like I said...posters post all sorts of unruly things about different schools on this board--UNCC is no different. Hopefully, as I mentioned before, you can relax and enjoy posting here about the FCS. I doubt very little of the posts here are intended to be taken quite so seriously.

Saint3333
June 21st, 2011, 04:02 PM
I don't know how Major feels about us, but it doesn't matter when Judy now thinks, "If they want to play us, it'll be a 2 for 1 only!"

Exactly. UNCC (yes it is the school's name, deal with it) burned a bridge when they pulled that 2 for 1 line with ASU.

For the record I'm all for playing UNCC (as well as UNCW and ECU) in every sport home and home.

49RFootballNow
June 21st, 2011, 04:36 PM
Exactly. UNCC (yes it is the school's name, deal with it) burned a bridge when they pulled that 2 for 1 line with ASU.

For the record I'm all for playing UNCC (as well as UNCW and ECU) in every sport home and home.

Of course App would be all over us coming to Holmes Cavern. We'd bring twice as many 49ers fans on 1 bus as App has at its home games on average. Lord, ECU might bring as many people to Holmes as there are App Basketball fans and that's just sad cause Minges is a tomb too. When your 3 basketball fans cheer do their own echos shout them down? Guess its a big toss up for Appys in Winter. Go watch App lose in a cold empty building or watch their Heels in a warm dorm room? I think we should play App in basketball every year; cause if the 49ers lose a game to App in Holmes, does anybody but 49er fans even know it happened?

App-a-latch-un
June 21st, 2011, 05:11 PM
Of course App would be all over us coming to Holmes Cavern. We'd bring twice as many 49ers fans on 1 bus as App has at its home games on average. Lord, ECU might bring as many people to Holmes as there are App Basketball fans and that's just sad cause Minges is a tomb too. When your 3 basketball fans cheer do their own echos shout them down? Guess its a big toss up for Appys in Winter. Go watch App lose in a cold empty building or watch their Heels in a warm dorm room? I think we should play App in basketball every year; cause if the 49ers lose a game to App in Holmes, does anybody but 49er fans even know it happened?

Umm no, I was at the game the last time UNCC visited Holmes and lost. You guys had a tiny corner of fans nowhere near the amount of App fans at the game. Looks like there were 3,200 at that game, I'd say 100-150 were Charlotte fans. If and when App plays in Charlotte I bet you we bring more visiting fans than you brought.

wb247
June 21st, 2011, 05:18 PM
. . . cause if the 49ers lose a game to App in Holmes, does anybody but 49er fans even know it happened?

HAHA, yes, our BBall attendance woes are well documented, and likely a significant setback on moving conferences. Funny, but it stings a little because it's sadly true, for the most part.

91Niner
June 21st, 2011, 06:27 PM

zingxnodx

91Niner
June 21st, 2011, 06:28 PM
Umm no, I was at the game the last time UNCC visited Holmes and lost. You guys had a tiny corner of fans nowhere near the amount of App fans at the game. Looks like there were 3,200 at that game, I'd say 100-150 were Charlotte fans. If and when App plays in Charlotte I bet you we bring more visiting fans than you brought.

ahhhhhahahaha...........you cant be serious

ninerID
June 21st, 2011, 06:28 PM

You aren't going to find any defense of Judy Rose in most niner fans.

I would much rather schedule you guys year in year out than Davidson, especially after the stunt they pulled on us. None of their douche fans on our campus, and not having to see their male fans take their shirts off and hug all over each other @ belk (<- true story) would be a welcome item in my life.

I also don't know why that game (App/Charlotte games i remember) is generally a weeknight, i guess its good for student athletes to have flight games on weekends, but would be a much better attended game on a Saturday. Same goes for when we play ECU.

asumike83
June 21st, 2011, 06:38 PM

I think App would bring more 'visiting' fans to UNCC than UNCC would bring to Boone, but I really don't mean that as a good thing for ASU. ASU students could care less about the basketball team, nobody goes. The alumni that live in Charlotte (such as myself) are usually all over a chance to see ASU basketball play locally against UNCC or Davidson. It sure wouldn't be a caravan from Boone, but there have been a good number of ASU fans at Davidson and Charlotte in the games I've been to.

asumike83
June 21st, 2011, 06:48 PM

ASU was definitely not the only school to vote against a football-only membership for UNCC. I've stated before that as a fan, I would love to play UNCC every year but it doesn't take much to see that offering a football-only membership to a school with zero football history really adds nothing to the SoCon from the administrators perspective. As far as scheduling a game, some bridges were definitely burned in the basketball scheduling and now that Judy's getting ready for a football team, it is biting her in the ***. That honestly could have been a great series for you guys to start and I think the ASU fans would have enjoyed it as well, but college athletics always seems to get political.

I would very much like to see documentation of Charlie Cobb stating that UNCC is a 'major reason' that ASU is looking at moving to the FBS. ASU announced the study in September 2010, a full 3 years before UNCC is set to start football. A feasibility study was also done in 1998, so this is not the first time we've done this dance in Boone.

App-a-latch-un
June 21st, 2011, 06:50 PM

Yes I am. What part do you think I'm not serious about.

dgtw
June 21st, 2011, 06:56 PM
How far is it from Boone to Charlotte?

I wouldn't want a team joining as a football only member, especially one that seems like they are only biding their time until a FBS league comes calling. I don't like having non-football teams (or a 7/8 football team) being in the OVC.

49RFootballNow
June 21st, 2011, 07:38 PM
I would very much like to see documentation of Charlie Cobb stating that UNCC is a 'major reason' that ASU is looking at moving to the FBS. ASU announced the study in September 2010, a full 3 years before UNCC is set to start football. A feasibility study was also done in 1998, so this is not the first time we've done this dance in Boone.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?82534-New-Info-on-ASU-FBS-Study&p=1614147&viewfull=1#post1614147

Here ya go.

How far is it from Boone to Charlotte?

118 miles per Mapquest.

State Line Liquors
June 21st, 2011, 07:53 PM
So how long are these hypothetical conversations about Charlotte's conference alignment going to go on?

I mean, what's the next step here? Have they given a timeline to formally announce their plans to either remain independent or join a conference?

49RFootballNow
June 21st, 2011, 08:04 PM
So how long are these hypothetical conversations about Charlotte's conference alignment going to go on?

I mean, what's the next step here? Have they given a timeline to formally announce their plans to either remain independent or join a conference?

No idea. Our AD doesn't share helpful information. Imagine it will be when we join a conference. Not sure why we rushed to ask the SoCon and Big South. Guess we wanted to start scheduling the 2015 and 2016 seasons. Deadline to file paperwork with the NCAA is July 1st yearly so if we intend to join an FCS conference for the 2015 season we'd have to file paperwork by July 1st 2014.

State Line Liquors
June 21st, 2011, 08:21 PM
No idea. Our AD doesn't share helpful information. Imagine it will be when we join a conference. Not sure why we rushed to ask the SoCon and Big South. Guess we wanted to start scheduling the 2015 and 2016 seasons. Deadline to file paperwork with the NCAA is July 1st yearly so if we intend to join an FCS conference for the 2015 season we'd have to file paperwork by July 1st 2014.

If you've got the 2013 and 2014 schedules lined up already, then there's little reason for you folks to make a decision one way or another at this point with regard to a conference. Particularly if you like the A10, you'd want to wait until a much later date if you had any designs on leaving them to join another conference for all sports. Thus, IMO, this topic has gotten way too far ahead of itself, and probably belongs on the back burner for another 2 or perhaps 3 years. xtwocentsx

ASU_Fanatic
June 21st, 2011, 08:29 PM
I'm just dreading the day when they land a player, these guys will be talking him up like Peyton Manning is in the house and I bet they will never of even heard of him.

App-a-latch-un
June 21st, 2011, 09:26 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?82534-New-Info-on-ASU-FBS-Study&p=1614147&viewfull=1#post1614147

Here ya go.

118 miles per Mapquest.

xawesomex Ha he uses mapquest! that explains a lot, he's always lost

49RFootballNow
June 21st, 2011, 09:33 PM
If you've got the 2013 and 2014 schedules lined up already, then there's little reason for you folks to make a decision one way or another at this point with regard to a conference. Particularly if you like the A10, you'd want to wait until a much later date if you had any designs on leaving them to join another conference for all sports. Thus, IMO, this topic has gotten way too far ahead of itself, and probably belongs on the back burner for another 2 or perhaps 3 years. xtwocentsx

Exactly, which is why many of us don't understand why we were already in talks with the SoCon and Big South. There's no point in rushing at this point. It was almost as if our AD was in a hurry to get it out of the way to move on to other options. We probably need to have any late season Indy games for 2015 locked up three years out if that's the route we're going. Seems to me Summer of next year is the point to start locking up the '15 schedule.

Saint3333
June 21st, 2011, 10:10 PM

Funny guy, were you at the last game UNCC lost at the Holmes center? A UNCC fan calling out ASU fans for choosing UNC-CH over ASU, you do realize that the average UNCC fan is much more likely to be a walmart UNC-CH fan. I work with two UNCC grads both are huge tarhole fans.

49RFootballNow
June 21st, 2011, 10:13 PM
Funny guy, were you at the last game UNCC lost at the Holmes center? A UNCC fan calling out ASU fans for choosing UNC-CH over ASU, you do realize that the average UNCC fan is much more likely to be a walmart UNC-CH fan. I work with two UNCC grads both are huge tarhole fans.

Then they should be castrated.

asumike83
June 21st, 2011, 11:45 PM

Here ya go.

This attendee of the meeting stated that the UNCC decision is a 'major issue' being addressed in the study. I don't doubt that the decision of UNCC to not only field a team but openly state their intentions to move to the FBS has been discussed in depth during the study. With another public, in-state school making similar plans right down the road, they wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't account for how that may affect ASU. However, there had been discussions about a move up since well before UNCC made the announcement to have a team and a study has been done before, so to say they are the primary factor in ASU looking at a move is not accurate. Winning championships, the exposure gained from the Michigan win and leading the FCS in attendance were the primary reasons that ASU decided to consider a move once again. Hell, if the aggressiveness of UNCC was the kick in the pants needed to really jump-start the administration, then thanks.

Saint3333
June 22nd, 2011, 07:40 AM
Then they should be castrated.

I agree, but it IS a problem with UNCC alums, maybe adding football will help.

henfan
June 22nd, 2011, 07:52 AM
Seems to me Summer of next year is the point to start locking up the '15 schedule.

For any AD, the noncon option for more than a year or two is a logistical nightmare.

The problem is that many D-I schools set noncon schedules several years in advance. The availability & choice gets limited the closer you move to the target date. As well, once UNCC signs on the dotted line for noncon games, their flexibility to move or cancel those games is severely limited and they are on the hook for buyouts on cancelled dates if they should join a conference down the line.

If the intent is to join a conference, the time to do it is ASAP.

91Niner
June 22nd, 2011, 08:48 AM

Its a problem at EVERY school in the state, but Charlotte is def. no worse (I think less so in fact) than Ap. I personally have 2 family members who graduated from Ap and both are Tar Hole fans first and foremost. I also have 2 close friends and 1 family member who are Charlotte grads. None are Tar Hole fans. 2 are big Niner fans and 1 could not care less about any college sports.

Saint3333
June 22nd, 2011, 09:28 AM
It used to be a big problem at ASU, but that has changed dramatically over the last 5-6 years. It is a much bigger problem at UNCC, that may be due to the nature of the campus.

49RFootballNow
June 22nd, 2011, 09:33 AM

Its a problem for the Appalachian basketball program too. I don't know what can fix that for you guys.

It used to be a big problem at ASU, but that has changed dramatically over the last 5-6 years. It is a much bigger problem at UNCC, that may be due to the nature of the campus.

This is also the case at Charlotte. The prevailence of Ah She She gear on campus has dropped off dramatically. Its still there, but there's a lot more green these days and folks that wear Tarhole or other gear to 49er sporting events get harrassed till they change.

91Niner
June 22nd, 2011, 10:10 AM
Its a problem for the Appalachian basketball program too. I don't know what can fix that for you guys.

This is also the case at Charlotte. The prevailence of Ah She She gear on campus has dropped off dramatically. Its still there, but there's a lot more green these days and folks that wear Tarhole or other gear to 49er sporting events get harrassed till they change.

Exactly. Its even gotten to the point that on rare occasions when someone is at one of our bbal games wearing another school's gear, we put them on camera (showing up on the Halton Arena big screen) and they get heckled/booed until they remove it. Often times they are immediately given Charlotte gear to change into.

I think the improved spirit also shows in the great support we give ALL of our sports teams (not just bball/football). We average 1100/game for baseball and great crowds for soccer and other sports as compared to most schools.

The problem I see with Ap (and other schools) is that everyone only wants to talk about the "support and spirit" shown at football games. The other opportunities to show support and school spirit seem to be an afterthought (ie; its kind of like people that only pull for UNC-CH in basketball because it makes them feel like a "winner").

gophoenix
June 22nd, 2011, 10:24 AM
For any AD, the noncon option for more than a year or two is a logistical nightmare.

The problem is that many D-I schools set noncon schedules several years in advance. The availability & choice gets limited the closer you move to the target date. As well, once UNCC signs on the dotted line for noncon games, their flexibility to move or cancel those games is severely limited and they are on the hook for buyouts on cancelled dates if they should join a conference down the line.

If the intent is to join a conference, the time to do it is ASAP.

It was much less of a problem a decade or a little more ago when there were 8-12 Indie schools. But that landscape has changed dramatically. For a payout, many of the NS schools will dump a DII, DIII or NAIA game for the payout UNCC will likely pay.

Saint3333
June 22nd, 2011, 10:25 AM

It's pretty simple, string together postseason appearances. ASU unfortunately has 20 win seasons once out of every 3 or 4 years. Every time any momentum is building we have a huge let down year. Winning cures all in sports.

Saint3333
June 22nd, 2011, 10:26 AM
It was much less of a problem a decade or a little more ago when there were 8-12 Indie schools. But that landscape has changed dramatically. For a payout, many of the NS schools will dump a DII, DIII or NAIA game for the payout UNCC will likely pay.

Fans will stomach multiple DII and NS FCS programs on the schedule for one or two seasons but after that they will stop coming.

dgtw
June 22nd, 2011, 11:45 AM

It is the same issue here with UAB. People attend and graduate from there, but are still Alabama and Auburn fans.

If I'm ever in Charlotte I may go buy a Tar Heel shirt and wear it to a game just to piss people off.

91Niner
June 22nd, 2011, 12:29 PM
It is the same issue here with UAB. People attend and graduate from there, but are still Alabama and Auburn fans.

If I'm ever in Charlotte I may go buy a Tar Heel shirt and wear it to a game just to piss people off.

Yeah......do that and good luck!

ASUMountaineer
June 22nd, 2011, 12:32 PM
Exactly. Its even gotten to the point that on rare occasions when someone is at one of our bbal games wearing another school's gear, we put them on camera (showing up on the Halton Arena big screen) and they get heckled/booed until they remove it. Often times they are immediately given Charlotte gear to change into.

I think the improved spirit also shows in the great support we give ALL of our sports teams (not just bball/football). We average 1100/game for baseball and great crowds for soccer and other sports as compared to most schools.

The problem I see with Ap (and other schools) is that everyone only wants to talk about the "support and spirit" shown at football games. The other opportunities to show support and school spirit seem to be an afterthought (ie; its kind of like people that only pull for UNC-CH in basketball because it makes them feel like a "winner").

Perhaps. I think that's the same at most schools that has one sport that is a lot more successful than the other sports. ASU's football team is the crown jewel (much like bball at UNCCH and Duke).

I wish we could get more attendance at basketball and baseball games. As of now, we only have two NCAA tourney appearances in bball. If that changes, and we can become a consistent winner perhaps that could change (same with baseball).

asumike83
June 22nd, 2011, 01:33 PM

Unless you are fortunate enough to be a student/alumni of one of the schools who truly is a power in all 3 major sports, I don't think that will ever change. I actually am pretty optimistic about the future of ASU basketball with a young coach bringing in a good mix of high school talent and transfers, but even if we become a perennial contender in the conference and make some tournament appearances, attendance will spike but there will still be Duke/UNC fans around in Boone. That is just the reality of being a smaller school in a state that is so crazy over college basketball. ASU, UNCC, ECU, etc. all deal with this problem. I am fully aware that ASU is a football school and that is alright with me, even though I would love to see more support for our other student-athletes.

Although they may not have a second team that they root for, you even see the same thing for the high-profile football schools with weak basketball programs. Have you ever seen the crowd at an Auburn basketball game when they aren't playing Alabama, Kentucky or Tennessee? Pretty bad.

gophoenix
June 22nd, 2011, 03:05 PM
Fans will stomach multiple DII and NS FCS programs on the schedule for one or two seasons but after that they will stop coming.

No, I mean, they could fill up a schedule of bottom NEC and Pioneer schools.... unlike 1997-1999, there just aren't any independent schools left.

Appaholic69
June 22nd, 2011, 03:48 PM
Yeah......do that and good luck!

91Niner, I may very well do that as well. One, because you have piqued my curiosity. I would like to see if 49er fans really do have the wherewithal to belittle, berate or otherwise force me to socially conform to the mass. If I do, I will let you know which game so you can observe for yourself if the rabid elite 49er fans could get the job done. Second, because I just love to watch people who feel they aren't being taken seriously run their mouths and spin their tires. Only to realize in the end it was all for naught.

You come on to this message board and talk more crap than the entire, currently non-existent, football roster can back up on a football field yet. I can not wait to watch your team play. For the athletes that play I hope the learning curve doesn't hurt them too bad. For the fans, I hope they enjoy finally getting to watch their school play. For you...I hope you come back and take the a$$ whoppin' you deserve.

As for the T-shirt I'll wear to a 49ers basketball game...it will be BLACK and GOLD!!!

91Niner
June 22nd, 2011, 05:20 PM
91Niner, I may very well do that as well. One, because you have piqued my curiosity. I would like to see if 49er fans really do have the wherewithal to belittle, berate or otherwise force me to socially conform to the mass. If I do, I will let you know which game so you can observe for yourself if the rabid elite 49er fans could get the job done. Second, because I just love to watch people who feel they aren't being taken seriously run their mouths and spin their tires. Only to realize in the end it was all for naught.

You come on to this message board and talk more crap than the entire, currently non-existent, football roster can back up on a football field yet. I can not wait to watch your team play. For the athletes that play I hope the learning curve doesn't hurt them too bad. For the fans, I hope they enjoy finally getting to watch their school play. For you...I hope you come back and take the a$$ whoppin' you deserve.

As for the T-shirt I'll wear to a 49ers basketball game...it will be BLACK and GOLD!!!

yeah, sure I do........ or could it be that I actually just call you Tweetsie Techsters on some of your bull crap and you don't like it.... btw, you are so tough and cool.......xsmileyclapx

Apphole
June 22nd, 2011, 08:57 PM
You and your school are the laughing stock of FCS football. I expect every SoCon school you play to run the score up on you just for comments like the ones your coach made and the loney-tune conceptions of your fans.

91Niner
June 23rd, 2011, 06:05 AM
You and your school are the laughing stock of FCS football. I expect every SoCon school you play to run the score up on you just for comments like the ones your coach made and the loney-tune conceptions of your fans.

Sure we arexeyebrowx..... BTW, what "loney-tune conceptions" are you talking about? xlolx

AppMan
June 23rd, 2011, 06:09 AM

Remember when JMU was the laughing stock of 1-aa. Look who's laughing now. Watch your words because they ultimately will come back to bite you.

SoCon48
June 23rd, 2011, 07:17 AM

I don't think the non-scholarship schools can run the score up on anyone. The highway 49'ers will look better than are but as long as their schedule is light weight, they won't have a chance at the play-offs.

SoCon48
June 23rd, 2011, 07:19 AM
I hope we get a chance to show them what "tweetsie tech" is all about, in Boone not the soccer field in Harrisburg.

GaSouthern
June 23rd, 2011, 07:28 AM
What the hell is wrong with these startup programs and their fan bases thinking they are going to compete, it took just one lambuth for Ga State fans to realize they suck, who will be the 49's lambuth?

I don't ever remember coastal carolina fans being like this, and after their first few seasons they were awesome, they were competing with everyone and even made it to the playoffs one year (sadly they had to face appy at the rock so it was quickly over)

PaladinFan
June 23rd, 2011, 09:19 AM
What the hell is wrong with these startup programs and their fan bases thinking they are going to compete, it took just one lambuth for Ga State fans to realize they suck, who will be the 49's lambuth?

I don't ever remember coastal carolina fans being like this, and after their first few seasons they were awesome, they were competing with everyone and even made it to the playoffs one year (sadly they had to face appy at the rock so it was quickly over)

Coastal was also playing pitch and catch with two NFL draft picks. That helps.

49RFootballNow
June 23rd, 2011, 09:40 AM
I hope we get a chance to show them what "tweetsie tech" is all about, in Boone not the soccer field in Harrisburg.

I hope you get the chance too, but if you won't come to our "soccer stadium" we won't be visiting the Rock.

Apphole
June 23rd, 2011, 10:14 AM
I hope you get the chance too, but if you won't come to our "soccer stadium" we won't be visiting the Rock.

And that's why we won't play you. Not because we think we might lose, but because a home-and-home between two extremes on the FCS spectrum(start up/scrub and perennial powerhouse) is just a wet dream for the 8 UNCC football fans out there. Come play us here and you will get the game you want. We'll pay you a ton of money to come take that beating too. It's a win win!

Apphole
June 23rd, 2011, 10:26 AM
Sure we arexeyebrowx..... BTW, what "loney-tune conceptions" are you talking about? xlolx

Looney-Tune conceptions:
- UNCC is regarded higher than App in academics. (grad/phd schools aside, undergraduate admissions standards define the academic worth of a school and you are quite far behind)
- UNCC will immediately do well in the FCS because they're in Charlotte.
- UNCC getting a football team is the main reason App is moving to the FBS
- The A-10 is better than the CAA
- It's not important for a school to be in a college town and/or develope an identity through history and character of a school.
- There are a lot of UNCC fans in Charlotte
- Barely getting 6k fans to the crown jewel sport (B ball) somehow means UNCC will pack the football stands when they're playing the Campbells of the world.

And the champion of them all
- UNCC is above all the FCS football playing schools and they deserve to play in the FBS ASAP.

Apphole
June 23rd, 2011, 10:29 AM
who will be the 49's lambuth?

The Campbell fighting Camels by 2 TD's!!

49RFootballNow
June 23rd, 2011, 10:31 AM
You are pure entertainment Apphole.

Skjellyfetti
June 23rd, 2011, 11:25 AM
You are pure entertainment Apphole.

See, that's the thing. Georgia State fans would have scoffed at the prospect of losing to Lambuth before last year.

.....But, then it happened.

It's not that far fetched y'all lose to a Campbell, UNC-Pembroke, or North Greenville your first year.

49RFootballNow
June 23rd, 2011, 11:28 AM
See, that's the thing. Georgia State fans would have scoffed at the prospect of losing to Lambuth before last year.

It's not that far fetched y'all lose to a Campbell, UNC-Pembroke, or North Greenville your first year.

What? You're going to diss Chowan by not mentioning them in that group?

Appaholic
June 23rd, 2011, 11:33 AM
Loney-Tune conceptions:
- UNCC is regarded higher than App in academics. (grad/phd schools aside, undergraduate admissions standards define the academic worth of a school and you are quite far behind)
- It's not important for a school to be in a college town and/or develope an identity through history and character of a school.
- Barely getting 6k fans to the crown jewel sport (B ball) somehow means UNCC will pack the football stands when they're playing the Campbells of the world.

- UNCC is above all the FCS football playing schools and they deserve to play in the FBS ASAP.

Gotta agree with most of the above....Apphole is nailing it. Especially regarding the Charlotte immediately being a good team because of location (Charlotte area HS recruits). UNCC will be competing with the following in-state schools for those same Charlotte-area recruits: UNC (FBS), NCSU (FBS), Duke (FBS), Wake (FBS), ECU (FBS), ASU (FCS, but most consistent winner out of the bunch) and Elon (FCS). While UNCC's lower admission standards and the ability to maintain daily connections with one's posse will certainly be selling points, the serious players want to play on TV and/or play for a winner. If being located in large Metro area was precursor to instant success, we'd be commenting on Georgia State's 1 NC. Don't even get me started on quality of respective coaches (Bill Curry v Brad Lambert)

ThompsonThe
June 23rd, 2011, 11:56 AM
What? You're going to diss Chowan by not mentioning them in that group?

Actually, I believe Charlotte will probably have a good record the first two or three years. They are not really playing any hard teams, and putting together a couple of classes can really help. The main thing will be how they recruit. Will it be like Coastal Carolina did and take as many every year as you can or stagger the recruiting classes in order to make it a more stable program. Coastal had a real good team at first due to them taking as many players as they could. It seemed they were going to be good, and were for a couple of years; then the bottom dropped out and no one has hardly heard from them since.
Will be interesting.

91Niner
June 23rd, 2011, 11:57 AM
Gotta agree with most of the above....Apphole is nailing it. Especially regarding the Charlotte immediately being a good team because of location (Charlotte area HS recruits). UNCC will be competing with the following in-state schools for those same Charlotte-area recruits: UNC (FBS), NCSU (FBS), Duke (FBS), Wake (FBS), ECU (FBS), ASU (FCS, but most consistent winner out of the bunch) and Elon (FCS). While UNCC's lower admission standards and the ability to maintain daily connections with one's posse will certainly be selling points, the serious players want to play on TV and/or play for a winner. If being located in large Metro area was precursor to instant success, we'd be commenting on Georgia State's 1 NC. Don't even get me started on quality of respective coaches (Bill Curry v Brad Lambert)

Yes, a man who can't even spell "looney"-tune is nailing it........lol

91Niner
June 23rd, 2011, 12:02 PM

BTW, who are these Charlotte fans claiming we're going to be "all that" in year 1 or 2? You will not find that in ANY of my posts. Prove me wrong and the fact that we want to move to FBS as soon as we can does NOT ( I repeat, does NOT) mean we think we will dominate FCS in years 1,2, 3, 4......or ever. There are other reasons to go FBS. I'm amazed at how many of you on this board think we assume we're going to be great immediately on the field. I expect we'll take our lumps the first few years, but what new program wouldnt? Again though,seriously show me these multiple quotes from Niner fans specifically saying we're going to kick anyone's a$$es in the first couple years.

Apphole
June 23rd, 2011, 12:06 PM

That guy is on an iPhone. Way to go after the only part of the post you can refute.

Saint3333
June 23rd, 2011, 12:06 PM
The irony of the last UNCC fan post and the title of this thread, seriously you just can't make this crap up. Good times.

49RFootballNow
June 23rd, 2011, 12:09 PM
That guy is on an iPhone. Way to go after the only part of the post you can refute.

Why would we feel the need to rehash an argument we have already won in other pissing match threads on this very board. I'm so happy for you that the average app underclassman has a 20 point SAT advantage over the average Charlotte student. Does that keep you warm at night while we add more doctorial and research programs? Stick to football smack, you can win that one.

Skjellyfetti
June 23rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
BTW, who are these Charlotte fans claiming we're going to be "all that" in year 1 or 2? You will not find that in ANY of my posts. Prove me wrong and the fact that we want to move to FBS as soon as we can does NOT ( I repeat, does NOT) mean we think we will dominate FCS in years 1,2, 3, 4......or ever. There are other reasons to go FBS. I'm amazed at how many of you on this board think we assume we're going to be great immediately on the field. I expect we'll take our lumps the first few years, but what new program wouldnt? Again though,seriously show me these multiple quotes from Niner fans specifically saying we're going to kick anyone's a$$es in the first couple years.

uhm. what? did you respond to the wrong post?

AppAlum2003
June 23rd, 2011, 12:13 PM
Why would we feel the need to rehash an argument we have already won in other pissing match threads on this very board. I'm so happy for you that the average app underclassman has a 20 point SAT advantage over the average Charlotte student. Does that keep you warm at night while we add more doctorial and research programs? Stick to football smack, you can win that one.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that we're all losers at this point for reading/posting in this thread.

Appaholic
June 23rd, 2011, 12:29 PM

We'll do that while conceding your superority on the Doctorial & Research message boards...

Appaholic
June 23rd, 2011, 12:29 PM
The irony of the last UNCC fan post and the title of this thread, seriously you just can't make this crap up. Good times.

+1

Appaholic
June 23rd, 2011, 12:30 PM

Spelling Corrections: when you have no other refute to a valid argument.....

StorminASU
June 23rd, 2011, 12:35 PM

And a +1 to you sir

ursus arctos horribilis
June 23rd, 2011, 12:47 PM
+1

Make it two. I gotta give him a rep shot for clearly pointing out that because I was paying attention to details and missed that broad one.xlolx

citdog
June 23rd, 2011, 01:00 PM

http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/22249-spelling_and_or_grammar_nazi.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
June 23rd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure that we're all losers at this point for reading/posting in this thread.

Hell, I think there are a lot of winners in here. UNCC guys putting up a good battle. App guys showing a lot of passion on the topic and making good points.

Just straight arguments & differences of opinion without a bunch of name calling.

I've learned a whole lot more about what UNCC is about in this thread than in any game schedule thrread or anything like that.

One thing I do notice now though is that a god damn RINGER has shown his face in the foray on App's side of the ledger and when Appaholic gets motivated feet will be held to the fire.

And you will laugh about it.xlolx

StorminASU
June 23rd, 2011, 01:43 PM
I always make sure to read any comment by AppAlum2003 and Appaholic bc they're usually too good to pass up.

91Niner
June 23rd, 2011, 02:04 PM
uhm. what? did you respond to the wrong post?

Nope, show me the multiple fan quotes that all these Tweetsie fans keep referring to. YOu know, where us Charlotte fans are talking about how we'll dominate FCS in year one.......I'm waiting........

91Niner
June 23rd, 2011, 02:05 PM

I'm sorry, apparently you stopped reading after that one post......

StorminASU
June 23rd, 2011, 02:13 PM
Nope, show me the multiple fan quotes that all these Tweetsie fans keep referring to. YOu know, where us Charlotte fans are talking about how we'll dominate FCS in year one.......I'm waiting........

If you'll all look to the rear of the message board, you'll see we're passing by lots more irony now.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/9577012/2/istockphoto_9577012-tour-guide.jpg

Appaholic
June 23rd, 2011, 02:15 PM

Oooo...you got me! Excellent comeback! If your team puts up as vallant of a fight as you do, you'll have no problem with North Stanly HS...

AppAlum2003
June 23rd, 2011, 02:20 PM

OK, just humor us "less educated" App State fans and take Apphole's list and break down an answer for each item. Otherwise, all of your knowledge is lost on us. Oh, and no words over 4 syllables... what do you think we have at ASU? Doctorates?

HXCNINER
June 23rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
Looney-Tune conceptions:

Where to start, where to start.
-I have not heard anyone ever claim that UNCC students have higher SAT scores than App students. All I have heard is that App stands out in some ways while UNCC stands out in others. To top that off, I'm pretty sure average SAT scores are not the end-all be-all ratings for colleges. If you think otherwise, you are ignorant.
-People think we will immediately will do good at the FCS level for several reasons. You guys want to have your cake and eat it too. Of course we are playing teams with less of a football winning tradition. WE ARE A START-UP, Remember? Second, who says, "I think my team will suck?" That kind of defeats the idea of school spirit. As a matter of fact, I have seen no UNCC posters going to other wars saying we are going to take over FCS. I have seen many, many accusations from especially App fans. The only thing that they can come up with is, "You guys are on your message board getting excited for a team you don't even have. How dare you! We are the epitome of FCS (even though we are trying to move up). App might as well be in Charlotte. The trucker map said so. Actually App is closer to Charlotte than UNC Harrisburg. haha Oh we are so clever."
-"UNCC getting a football team is the main reason App is moving to the FBS." Yes I have heard this once or twice, but I do not think that is the general consensus. Although, judging by the amount of App fans spending all of their time trying to trash UNCC, it makes you look a little guilty. Besides that, why wouldn't a school be concerned if another school 2 hours away was going to be recruiting some of the same players. Look, universities look out for their best interest. Is it the main reason? No. Is it a factor? Yes
-You cannot just say that the CAA is better than the A-10 because VCU went to a final four. Historically, the A-10 has in fact been a better basketball conference than the CAA. They were equal THIS YEAR and that is it. Maybe the future holds something different, but for now those are the facts. Aside from all of that, our share of payout is much better than it would be in the CAA. You are crazy to think that money has nothing to do with conference affiliations and conferences only look at "general school size."
-We ARE developing an identity. That is what this whole football thing is. We opened in 1946. We ARE the history and identity of the future Charlotte 49ers.
-There are many UNCC fans in Charlotte. How do you think we still pull 6 and 7 thousand people to games to watch a team who is 10-20.
-No one said that basketball support reflects football support. That is a concept you made up on your own, because seriously look in your back yard. Your basketball attendance is nothing to be tooting your horn about. ECU knows what I'm talking about too. It is what it is. I think there will be a lot of fans at games because it is a large city. People want college football here. 3000 people came to just a tailgate for a groundbreaking...not even a game. The only people I have seen that don't want it are local app fans constantly nay-saying on the gold mine blog with their oh so hilarious renditions of our name. "UNC.........................C hahaha I'm so clever. My mom is going to hang it on the fridge by my finger paintings."

-UNCC is trying to protect their basketball program. Would App send their football to the Big South? No, because "they are below them." It makes as much sense for us to drop our basketball down as it is for App to drop football to Big South. We already ended up somewhere we did not want to be because of our lack of football. We are adding football to protect ourselves when the next shake-up goes down. I really see nothing wrong with any of this. So we want to move up as quick as possible. You are like that guy at work that has become complacent and is bitter at all of the employees who haven't plateaued and are looking to move up. Charlotte is a large public school in every other aspect of the definition. We are looking toward the future. That is what you call strategy my friend. So maybe try to find another way to talk smack and ask for rebuttals. Is that good enough for you?

Well, I'll go ahead and reiterate the fact that you can't spell "loney-tunes" since you edited it. k thanks.

AppAlum2003
June 23rd, 2011, 02:42 PM
Nah, I changed my mind. I don't feel like reading all of that. I'll take your word for it. But thanks for outlining it! You're awesome!

Oh, and 91Niner, there's all of the quotes from your fans that you were looking for - all summarized nicely and neatly.

I-16Bandit
June 23rd, 2011, 02:45 PM
http://edit.81x.com/Authors/rjgrady/comedy%20zone%20cropped.JPG

AppAlum2003
June 23rd, 2011, 02:48 PM
Anyone tried the roast duck yet? Heard it's delish.

StorminASU
June 23rd, 2011, 02:53 PM
That seems vaguely cannibalistic of you to say.

AppAlum2003
June 23rd, 2011, 02:54 PM
Oh no no no... I'm not REALLY the giant chicken from Family Guy that Peter fights with. Sorry if I gave that impression to everyone. Gosh, that's embarrassing.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 23rd, 2011, 02:56 PM
Well apparently AppAlum is a man that I can no longer trust.

Appaholic
June 23rd, 2011, 02:57 PM
-I have not heard anyone ever claim that UNCC students have higher SAT scores than App students. All I have heard is that App stands out in some ways while UNCC stands out in others. To top that off, I'm pretty sure average SAT scores are not the end-all be-all ratings for colleges. If you think otherwise, you are ignorant.
-People think we will immediately will do good at the FCS level for several reasons. You guys want to have your cake and eat it too. Of course we are playing teams with less of a football winning tradition. WE ARE A START-UP, Remember? Second, who says, "I think my team will suck?" That kind of defeats the idea of school spirit. As a matter of fact, I have seen no UNCC posters going to other wars saying we are going to take over FCS. I have seen many, many accusations from especially App fans. The only thing that they can come up with is, "You guys are on your message board getting excited for a team you don't even have. How dare you! We are the epitome of FCS (even though we are trying to move up). App might as well be in Charlotte. The trucker map said so. Actually App is closer to Charlotte than UNC Harrisburg. haha Oh we are so clever."
-"UNCC getting a football team is the main reason App is moving to the FBS." Yes I have heard this once or twice, but I do not think that is the general consensus. Although, judging by the amount of App fans spending all of their time trying to trash UNCC, it makes you look a little guilty. Besides that, why wouldn't a school be concerned if another school 2 hours away was going to be recruiting some of the same players. Look, universities look out for their best interest. Is it the main reason? No. Is it a factor? Yes
-You cannot just say that the CAA is better than the A-10 because VCU went to a final four. Historically, the A-10 has in fact been a better basketball conference than the CAA. They were equal THIS YEAR and that is it. Maybe the future holds something different, but for now those are the facts. Aside from all of that, our share of payout is much better than it would be in the CAA. You are crazy to think that money has nothing to do with conference affiliations and conferences only look at "general school size."
-We ARE developing an identity. That is what this whole football thing is. We opened in 1946. We ARE the history and identity of the future Charlotte 49ers.
-There are many UNCC fans in Charlotte. How do you think we still pull 6 and 7 thousand people to games to watch a team who is 10-20.
-No one said that basketball support reflects football support. That is a concept you made up on your own, because seriously look in your back yard. Your basketball attendance is nothing to be tooting your horn about. ECU knows what I'm talking about too. It is what it is. I think there will be a lot of fans at games because it is a large city. People want college football here. 3000 people came to just a tailgate for a groundbreaking...not even a game. The only people I have seen that don't want it are local app fans constantly nay-saying on the gold mine blog with their oh so hilarious renditions of our name. "UNC.........................C hahaha I'm so clever. My mom is going to hang it on the fridge by my finger paintings."

-UNCC is trying to protect their basketball program. Would App send their football to the Big South? No, because "they are below them." It makes as much sense for us to drop our basketball down as it is for App to drop football to Big South. We already ended up somewhere we did not want to be because of our lack of football. We are adding football to protect ourselves when the next shake-up goes down. I really see nothing wrong with any of this. So we want to move up as quick as possible. You are like that guy at work that has become complacent and is bitter at all of the employees who haven't plateaued and are looking to move up. Charlotte is a large public school in every other aspect of the definition. We are looking toward the future. That is what you call strategy my friend. So maybe try to find another way to talk smack and ask for rebuttals. Is that good enough for you?

Well, I'll go ahead and reiterate the fact that you can't spell "loney-tunes" since you edited it. k thanks.

Whatever rook....if we want your opinion, I'll give it to you....as far as claiming Charlotte will start out gangbusters in FCS, look no further than the quoted statement from your head coach in the title of this thread. Great, maybe the fans haven't been saying it, but your Coach has and that's what started this pissing match. The only other coach who would say this is Mickey Matthews at JMU....and he can....because he actually fields a team.....starting to make sense?

AppAlum2003
June 23rd, 2011, 02:57 PM
Well apparently AppAlum is a man that I can no longer trust.

That, sir, was your first mistake.

StorminASU
June 23rd, 2011, 03:00 PM
Oh no no no... I'm not REALLY the giant chicken from Family Guy that Peter fights with. Sorry if I gave that impression to everyone. Gosh, that's embarrassing.

What are you saying? You mean avatars don't have to be real? I thought I was the only one with a picture that wasn't me??? I thought the owners of the website really were a giant bear playing with himself constantly and Calvin from the famous comic strip. I feel so used. And to think this whole time I thought the kid from deliverance was an App fan.

Apphole
June 23rd, 2011, 03:03 PM
The main retort still seems to be about me and the idiotic act of neglecting to hit that other 'o' on my 3" touch screen. I will be turning myself in to the police station momentarily. Hey, speaking of 3", why does your coach feel the need to make statements like that? Oh man it seems I've answered my own question. Yikes!

HXCNINER
June 23rd, 2011, 03:24 PM
Whatever rook....if we want your opinion, I'll give it to you....as far as claiming Charlotte will start out gangbusters in FCS, look no further than the quoted statement from your head coach in the title of this thread. Great, maybe the fans haven't been saying it, but your Coach has and that's what started this pissing match. The only other coach who would say this is Mickey Matthews at JMU....and he can....because he actually fields a team.....starting to make sense?

This pissing match started long before Lambert made any comment of the sort. If that is what got you going then you're late to the party.

and don't worry. This ain't my first rodeo cowboy ;)

I-16Bandit
June 23rd, 2011, 03:27 PM
Hey, speaking of 3", why does your coach feel the need to make statements like that? Oh man it seems I've answered my own question. Yikes!

Zing!

Apphole
June 23rd, 2011, 03:27 PM
This pissing match started long before Lambert made any comment of the sort. If that is what got you going then you're late to the party.

Correct. Your first rodeo isn't for another 2 years

91Niner
June 23rd, 2011, 03:46 PM

HXC......you nailed it. They know, I know. Well done.

91Niner
June 23rd, 2011, 03:47 PM

Preach it brother!

Apphole
June 23rd, 2011, 04:01 PM
Preach it brother!

30% of modern relationships begin online. I think he's in love!

Apphole
June 23rd, 2011, 04:08 PM
And how can you like him when he used that horribly offensive and inappropriate "UNCC" moniker?

49RFootballNow
June 23rd, 2011, 04:37 PM
And how can you like him when he used that horribly offensive and inappropriate "UNCC" moniker?

You use UNCC all the time and we think you're the funniest poster on this board. Keep up the good work Hole! xthumbsupx

Skjellyfetti
June 23rd, 2011, 05:14 PM

Yeah, the pissing match started long before Lambert's comments.

But, usually a head coach refrains from making his comments sound like a common internet troll. But, maybe you think coaches' comments should read like an AGS thread. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
June 23rd, 2011, 05:39 PM

But, usually a head coach refrains from making his comments sound like a common internet troll. But, maybe you think coaches' comments should read like an AGS thread. xlolx

OOOFF! skjelly deliver a swift kick to the pills on that one.

Apphole
June 23rd, 2011, 05:48 PM
I move that any statement made by the UNCC coach should be moved to the smack forum

AppAlum2003
June 23rd, 2011, 06:14 PM
You use UNCC all the time and we think you're the funniest poster on this board. Keep up the good work Hole! xthumbsupx

xbawlingx

asumike83
June 23rd, 2011, 07:18 PM

I have a serious question about that: why all the disdain towards UNCC? I usually type it that way because I'm used to it, but I really don't see it as derogatory. To me, it's no different than saying ASU instead of Appalachian.

49RFootballNow
June 23rd, 2011, 09:22 PM
I have a serious question about that: why all the disdain towards UNCC? I usually type it that way because I'm used to it, but I really don't see it as derogatory. To me, it's no different than saying ASU instead of Appalachian.

Sent you a PM.

AppMan
June 23rd, 2011, 09:26 PM

It took a start up Eagle program how many years to win the NC?

Matt49
June 23rd, 2011, 09:30 PM

The "UNCC" name is derogatory because it is no longer what we brand ourselves under. Quite a few years back the administration decided that "UNCC" sounds too much like a community college and represented the University from a long time ago, when it was more like a community college. In recent time UNC Charlotte has undergone major changes, in admission standards, campus life, and general size.

The reality is that UNC Charlotte is not like it was in the 60s, 70s, 80s or even 90s. We grow more and more every year and more students move onto campus. Student life is on the rise.

Only like 5 years ago we only had 250 student organizations on campus. Now its something like 350 and it continues to grow.

To the administration (in the 90s) they saw some of these things coming and thought it was time for rebranding. "UNCC" is used by a lot of older alums and rightfully so, it was our most common reference in their time. Most the newer, more school spirited grads (think late 90s-present) refer to us as UNC Charlotte. "UNCC" represents, to the new breed of students and alums, the old University. The University which resembled a community college.

We now have as many students living within 5 miles of UNC Charlotte as NC State.

The confusion with UNC-Chapel Hill was also a major issue then, as it is now. For some reason that extra "C" just seems to confuse everyone (even more-so than UNCG, UNCW, etc). Even now a lot of people believe we are a branch campus of Chapel Hill. I do work study in the UNC Charlotte Graduate School and there are people all the time that call us thinking we are UNC Chapel Hill. They will then usually ask to be transferred to Chapel Hill's graduate school. They just don't get it for some reason.

Just imagine if App State was originally named UNC Boone. Seriously, think about it for a minute. Would it not insult you if people confused you for Chapel Hill, a school which has generally hogged money from the other schools in the system?

Hating the "UNCC" title is about identity and branding ourselves in the Charlotte area and in the state. We want the best for our institution and fighting those perceptions above is something that we deal with on a daily basis.

Take a few minutes and read some posts in this thread and just substitute UNC Charlotte and App State. This should help everyone understand our problem with "UNCC."

http://ninernation.net/index.php?topic=14909.0

Skjellyfetti
June 23rd, 2011, 09:33 PM
http://www.uncc.edu/

49RFootballNow
June 23rd, 2011, 09:35 PM

Our University is not known for branding clarity.

Matt49
June 23rd, 2011, 09:36 PM

and that would be one of the problems. Consistent branding is a problem.

Matt49
June 23rd, 2011, 09:42 PM
I know this is a lot and most of you will probably only read a few of these posts or none but its a good example of our experiences on a daily basis.

I used to work at Auto Bell, and while cleaning a man's car and making small talk I told him I was in college. He asked where I went to school and I told him UNC Charlotte. He said, "Oh, the Tarheels?" I said, "No, like UNCC... just up the road... University of North Carolina at Charlotte." The whole time he looked at me with a baffled look. I asked him where he was from and he said Charlotte. I asked if he had never heard of us and he said no. Man was I steamed.

i was in atlanta on business and stopped by a bar. the bar was heavily populated with georgia grads. the bartender told me the ga tech grads hung out at the bar across the street. he asked where i went. i told him uncc and he suggested a bar where uncc grads hung out. he confused uncc with unc. the bar had numerous tarhole bumper stickers in the parking lot and i realized he had confused the 2 schools.

My girlfriend's grandmother is getting up there in years and, no matter how many times we tell her, we just cannot convince her that we both go to UNCC because she can't process it. She still thinks we're Tarheels I believe and it's NOT cool.

I have a friend who lives in California and I was asking her where she wanted to go to college, and, during the discussion, I jokingly suggested she go here knowing she can't simply pack up and move to North Carolina, and she said "What? No, I'm not talking about community colleges."

My OWN FAMILY (from Atlanta) STILL has problems understanding that UNC Charlotte is not a branch of Chapel Hill.

Everytime this past year Chapel Hill lost in football (which was quite frequent), my brother would chastise me about it on the phone or at family events. "Ha ha... UNC sucks, man. You guys should just give up..."

I keep telling him, "Look, man... Charlotte is not a branch of Chapel Hill. Charlotte is just in the University of North Carolina system." He just looks at me confused. Then, a week later I hear it all over again. He thinks somehow we should suffer just by association...

My mom thinks the same way... I tried to use the University of Georgia and the University System of Georgia as an example, but I don't think that resulted in any progress...
this guy's first post EVER, all because of this issue...

First off, I read this board a lot but have not yet posted. However I do agree with the general feelings towards the direction of our program. My name's Tony and I'm a 2006 grad. Anyhow, my own cousin plays on the Cornell women's basketball team and when we joke around about her taking a trip to North Carolina to play my school she still thinks she'd be playing the Tarheels. Her response is always, nah, they'd never schedule us. I'm like Shannon come on I GO TO UNC CHARLOTTE - WE'RE THE 49ERS!!! It's bad enough when your own relatives can't figure out where you went to school...esp when they are in D1 athletics.
TRUE FACT (which I am ashamed of): My dad once referred to us as the dreaded UNCC-Charlotte.

So a friend of mine calls me during the Indiana game, and I mentioned to her that "I'm watching us get drilled by the Indiana Hoosiers." She happened to also be watching the game on her TV. . .

A few minutes go by, and she asks me if I'm not going to a UNCC game tonight ("don't they play their games on Saturdays?"). At this point I'm paralyzed, completely dumbfounded. . . Ummmm. . . I'm WATCHING THE GAME RIGHT NOW, you know. . . She says oh, she was confused because on TV it says "Charlotte." :confused::weep:

About two or three years ago, the teenage kid who lives across the street from me said he was flipping through the channels, and he happened to catch a game of ours. This was during our CUSA days, probably on Channel 64.

He said he thought it was a pretty good game, and that he didn't realize there was a college basketball team right here in Charlotte. This kid is a Charlotte native, mind you, and in high school at the time. I said to him, "So it never occurred to you why it is that you live in 'The University Area?' It's because there is a university that's like, fifty feet from your backyard." I'm talking walking distance from campus, literally.

My senior year of high school my family had an exchange student from Brazil for the whole school year. I told him I was going to UNCC and he kept thinking I was going to Chapel Hill. When I corrected him, he said, no the one in Charlotte is UNC isn't it? I think the day he left he finally had it straight... That there is no school in Chapel Hill. And Charlotte is the best university!!! Go Niners!

Both my mom and dad cannot figure out that I graduated from UNC CHARLOTTE...they call it everything under the sun EXCEPT UNCC.....

On the flipside....my grandfather is a big wig at U of Arizona in Tucson..........he has no problem understanding the difference...although he has only stepped foot inside Halton 1 time....for my graduation.

I say this to illustrate an important fact regarding our name........the number 1 missuse of the name seems to come from people WITHIN OUR OWN STATE. What gives?
Every single one of my relatives in South Florida think that I graduated from Chapel Hill. I'll tell them I graduated from UNC Charlotte, and they say, "Oh, Go Tarheels." I told them that we changed our location, color, and name sometime last year, and that we are no longer the carolina blue tarheels from chapel hill; we are now the Green 49ers from Charlotte. I told them it was time for an upgrade. It was fun to confuse them.

I ran into a friend of mine and was asking her how her kids were doing. She said great and that her oldest just started going to UNC. I said, "was it hard for him to move so far from home?". She replied, "no, the one here." :unhappy:

Two Christmas ago my own Grandma bought me a UNC Tar Heels sweater as a gift. After laughing about it with my family and wondering if she thought I went there or thought I was a fan we went about our Christmas activities. Later that night she calls of course to wish a Merry Christmas and I thank her for her gift. She then asks me "Ohh yea, the sweater of your schools I figured I would get you something to wear around school or to games or whatever."

Thanks Grandma.
On 1/20/07 he had gone to Ham's to watch the GW game, but it turned out they weren't even carrying it...

...when I had first asked the waitress "Are you carrying the Charlotte 49er's game?" ... and she said "who?" ...when I replied "You know, UNCC," she looked me dead in the face (with my 49ers TShirt on) and said "Oh? Are the Tarheels playing today?"

....my friends and I promptly made a B-Line for Picasso's

Okay, I just called Ham's to make sure they were showing the game. The woman who answered the phone first said they were showing it then said "wait, who?" I said "the Charlotte 49ers". Her response - "Who is that". I almost just said "turn around and look at all the green freaking banners behind you" but I didn't, I calmly explained "UNC Charlotte."

Does anyone remember UNC Charlotte has a Credit Card deal w/ MBNA/BofA?
I called to check on my acct., & the lady said, "I see you're calling on you're Alumni Association card for UNC."
My new neighbors asked me what I was doing and where I was going - so I told them I went to Charlotte - they then asked me how much I was enjoying UNC... Saddly enough, even after trying to jam an explanation stating we are actually UNCC not UNC i thikn they still think i go to UNC...
today at lunch I was asked if we were a satellite campus? and that the only reason they figured we weren't is b/c we had a different mascot.
I've had a lot of family members from other states confuse us with Chapel Hill. When I correct them and say i'm at Charlotte they get embarassed, which allows me a moment to tell them all of the great things I love about UNCC. Especially how much better it is than Chapel Hill.
While walking back after the rain delay at Game 6 of the 2007 NCAA Tournament Baseball Regional against USC, I heard a Wofford fan call us "North Carolina Charlotte."

citdog
June 23rd, 2011, 11:36 PM
so glad I picked a school that when mentioned no one ever says "who?" or confuses with any of the other thousands of places you queers get your generic little educations.

In response to the coach of the yet to exist unc-c.........

The Citadel was not nervous when facing these guys on the field......

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/texas/pictures/santa-anna-350.jpg

http://jmmnewaov2.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/22young-plains-indian.jpg

http://www.popsci.com/files/imagecache/article_image_large/articles/civil_war_soldiers.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/philippineamericanwar/Spanish%20soldiers%20aiming%20rifles%20some%20stan ding%20ca1898.jpg

http://www.battleofnormandytours.com/uploads/2/5/1/7/2517577/3961197_orig.jpg?214

http://metaldetectingworld.com/ww2_military_relics/victory_parade_in_paris.jpg

http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/345638-2/C__pia+de+AA+_66_9+1

http://hellinahandbasket.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/chinese-communist-troops-captured-during-korean-war-wearing-heavy-quilted-uniforms..jpg

http://warandgame.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/nva.jpg

http://warandgame.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/2024373.jpg

http://sheikyermami.com/wp-content/uploads/2009-10-07t161508z_01_btre5960zk500_rtroptp_3_afghanistan. hmedium.jpg

So we are sure as HELL NOT AFRAID OF YOU!

ANY QUESTIONS?

SideLine Shooter
June 24th, 2011, 05:57 AM
so glad I picked a school that when mentioned no one ever says "who?" or confuses with any of the other thousands of places you queers get your generic little educations.

In response to the coach of the yet to exist unc-c.........

The Citadel was not nervous when facing these guys on the field......

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/texas/pictures/santa-anna-350.jpg

http://jmmnewaov2.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/22young-plains-indian.jpg

http://www.popsci.com/files/imagecache/article_image_large/articles/civil_war_soldiers.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/philippineamericanwar/Spanish%20soldiers%20aiming%20rifles%20some%20stan ding%20ca1898.jpg

http://www.battleofnormandytours.com/uploads/2/5/1/7/2517577/3961197_orig.jpg?214

http://metaldetectingworld.com/ww2_military_relics/victory_parade_in_paris.jpg

http://www.ww2incolor.com/d/345638-2/C__pia+de+AA+_66_9+1

http://hellinahandbasket.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/chinese-communist-troops-captured-during-korean-war-wearing-heavy-quilted-uniforms..jpg

http://warandgame.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/nva.jpg

http://warandgame.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/2024373.jpg

http://sheikyermami.com/wp-content/uploads/2009-10-07t161508z_01_btre5960zk500_rtroptp_3_afghanistan. hmedium.jpg

So we are sure as HELL NOT AFRAID OF YOU!

ANY QUESTIONS?

I think I get what you are saying but I have a question. Is Citadel a Reform School or just a Rehab Facility?

Ninerballin
June 24th, 2011, 06:25 AM

I have to chime in,

Quit flattering yourself, you beat a 11-20 team in double OT and 13-16 team in triple OT..

T-Dog
June 24th, 2011, 07:18 AM
I have to chime in,

Quit flattering yourself, you beat a 11-20 team in double OT and 13-16 team in triple OT..

So your defense is "our team sucked that year!"

Our records those years were 19-10 and 13-18 in an "inferior conference". Not exactly banner years.

Saint3333
June 24th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I call all the NC schools by there proper names, UNCC, UNCW, UNCG, UNCA, and UNC-CH. I've had this argument with UNC-CH and UT-K fans, they may not like it but it is their name.

JMUDuke2002
June 24th, 2011, 07:54 AM
This whole thread is hilarious. I've never seen a group of fans get so pissy about how fans from OTHER universities write as their name. Hell, we JMU fans refer to William & Mary as WM (for Waste Management), ODU as Oduh, Richmond as UR, Mason as GMCC (George Mason Community College), and so on. No one cares. It's all in good fun. In return, they refer to JMU as the Madison Teachers College or the Normal School at Harrisonburg. Hell, UNCW doesn't have a problem with it. Your schools own website is UNCC. Plus, UNC-Charlotte takes to damn long to type. So, UNCC fans...get over yourselves.

HXCNINER
June 24th, 2011, 08:08 AM

Or maybe he is just ruffling feathers and starting rivalries like coaches tend to do. Haha come on I thought WE were the newbies guys. I've come to expect a little more out of you AGSers.

HXCNINER
June 24th, 2011, 08:13 AM

It's quite simple really. I assessed the situation and since some of you App fans were having trouble reading

"Nah, I changed my mind. I don't feel like reading all of that. I'll take your word for it. But thanks for outlining it! You're awesome!"

and spelling

"Loney-Tunes"

I figured I'd bring it down to your level and not confuse you with the use of multiple names. Regardless of whether I say UNCC or Charlotte, you will respond with UNC-C. I get that joke. zing! If I said Charlotte, you might have confused me for App St. since it is so much closer to the Charlotte market then us.

StorminASU
June 24th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Yeah, I got some questions. Is that why you guys suck at football? Because you were too tired after pillaging Native Americans, raping their women, hanging out with Nazis in the desert? Try not to bring your guns to the gridiron there buddy.xlolx

I know this is a message board and Citdog may be over the top from time to time, but Citadel graduates fight daily and give their lives for our country. Lets stick to football related smack and not drag heros service records through this crap. "Hanging out with Nazis"??? Really???

superman7515
June 24th, 2011, 09:05 AM
I know this is a message board and Citdog may be over the top from time to time, but Citadel graduates fight daily and give their lives for our country. Lets stick to football related smack and not drag heros service records through this crap. "Hanging out with Nazis"??? Really???

+1
http://www.hamiltoncountyohio.gov/veterans/images/armedForces.jpg

91Niner
June 24th, 2011, 09:10 AM

Yes and I respect The Citadel, but Charlotte grads do this as well (we even have a Memorial Hall on our campus to honor our alums who died in service to their country) I'm guessing Ap grads and most other schools have grads fighting and dying for our country as well.

Appaholic
June 24th, 2011, 09:19 AM

+1
http://www.hamiltoncountyohio.gov/veterans/images/armedForces.jpg

Not to mention all the other valuable services their graduates provide....

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/26076487579734106254.jpg

Skjellyfetti
June 24th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I'm just glad Citadel doesn't go 3-8 on the battlefield like the do the football field.

AppAlum2003
June 24th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Not to mention all the other valuable services their graduates provide....

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/26076487579734106254.jpg

That guy appears to be too Muslim to go to The Citadel...

Appaholic
June 24th, 2011, 10:08 AM
That guy appears to be too Muslim to go to The Citadel...

The last slot came down to this muslim or another woman and, well, old habits die hard.....

HXCNINER
June 24th, 2011, 10:51 AM

Look, there were many heroes in all of those wars and I'm not taking that away. That being said, they came from everywhere so showing me pictures of war and somehow comparing that to football is laughable. I didn't know that everyone here drew the line at poking fun at nazis. But I suppose you were cool with the raping women part? You are sick!xeekx I mean I was kidding around. It is, however, kind of funny that an App fan is telling me to stick to football smack talk. Tell ya what if you stick to football in your posts then I will stick to football in my responses. Because the funny thing here is that all I'm doing is responding to other people's smack.

Apphole
June 24th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Things that UNCC doesn't have:
- class
- a Football team
- respect from any other school's fans
- respect for any other school's fans
- a firm grasp of reality in the sports world, especially FCS football
- a good sized fan base
- a chance in hell to make the FCS playoffs in the next decade
- a chance in hell to make it to an FBS conference
- a large enough penis to stop them from chest beating in every post
- any bars what-so-ever adjacent to their "campus"
- any character as a school
- a way to make it to down town Charlotte in less than 20 minutes of highway driving
- a school name other than the university of North Carolina at Charlotte(UNCC)
- a chance of winning a single conference football game for years if they join the CAA for all sports
- a chance to repeat their ancient tournament appearance as the A-10's bottom feeder
- undergrads that could get into App State
- a good looking campus
- a good football coach
- a good AD

HXCNINER
June 24th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Things that UNCC doesn't have:
- class
- a Football team
- respect from any other school's fans
- respect for any other school's fans
- a firm grasp of reality in the sports world, especially FCS football
- a good sized fan base
- a chance in hell to make the FCS playoffs in the next decade
- a chance in hell to make it to an FBS conference
- a large enough penis to stop them from chest beating in every post
- any bars what-so-ever adjacent to their "campus"
- any character as a school
- a way to make it to down town Charlotte in less than 20 minutes of highway driving
- a school name other than the university of North Carolina at Charlotte(UNCC)
- a chance of winning a single conference football game for years if they join the CAA for all sports
- a chance to repeat their ancient tournament appearance as the A-10's bottom feeder
- undergrads that could get into App State
- a good looking campus
- a good football coach
- a good AD

Things Apphole Does not have
-common sense
-the ability to read and comprehend an actual post
-the ability to accept when he has been proven wrong
-a penis

Things Apphole Does have
-clever lists so everyone can read his whining in an organized fashion
-the biggest penis envy for UNCC I have ever seen
-unique comments about our school's proper name
-witty comments about Charlotte's oh so obvious inadequacy to App St. (seriously guys, the SAT tells you all you need to know about a college)
-some sense of self entitlement that App IS the FCS and no one else has the right to the same.

Hey man, it's cool. Some things just are what they are. Right guy?

StorminASU
June 24th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Yes and I respect The Citadel, but Charlotte grads do this as well (we even have a Memorial Hall on our campus to honor our alums who died in service to their country) I'm guessing Ap grads and most other schools have grads fighting and dying for our country as well.

You know I came very close to putting in my post that every school hero should be honored from any school, but since he was directing the remark at the Citadel I digressed. Another reason I didn't include every other school is because not every other school was attacKed by HXCNINER, just a military school; since a person from there has rattled his chains a little, he lumped every Citadel graduate into a communal pile. I think we all realize that Heroes come from campuses nationwide, but thanks for pointing that out so I could explain my reasoning.

Look, there were many heroes in all of those wars and I'm not taking that away. That being said, they came from everywhere so showing me pictures of war and somehow comparing that to football is laughable. I didn't know that everyone here drew the line at poking fun at nazis. But I suppose you were cool with the raping women part? You are sick!xeekx I mean I was kidding around. It is, however, kind of funny that an App fan is telling me to stick to football smack talk. Tell ya what if you stick to football in your posts then I will stick to football in my responses. Because the funny thing here is that all I'm doing is responding to other people's smack.

The only thing that is laughable is all the points you're making. Citdog showing pictures of war to you DID NOT justify you making the comments you did. I wasn't cool with the raping women part either, I quoted your entire post and while that probably honestly did happen in war, I highly doubt anyone hung out with Nazis during WWII. It's sad it happened, definitely, but not as far fetched or blatantly ignorant as saying Citadel grads hung out with Nazis.

My advice to "stick to football smack" is not so much an exclusion of anything football, as it was an exclusion to dragging military service into discussion. You can talk about whatever you want to talk about school related (you certainly don't seem to make good rebuttals to anything though which is how we've gotten to this point), but just learn some boundaries and respect for some areas too.

Also, "you said you were responding to other peoples smack"....How the hell was his war related comment smack. He was saying Citadel wouldn't be scared to face UNCC (as your coach implied mind you) because of their military training. Hardly seems like smack, but more like insecurity on your part.

StorminASU
June 24th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Things Apphole Does not have
-common sense
-the ability to read and comprehend an actual post
-the ability to accept when he has been proven wrong
-a penis

Things Apphole Does have
-clever lists so everyone can read his whining in an organized fashion
-the biggest penis envy for UNCC I have ever seen
-unique comments about our school's proper name
-witty comments about Charlotte's oh so obvious inadequacy to App St. (seriously guys, the SAT tells you all you need to know about a college)
-some sense of self entitlement that App IS the FCS and no one else has the right to the same.

Hey man, it's cool. Some things just are what they are. Right guy?

You do realize you didn't make one single rebuttal back to him right? You just made a list an 11 year old would make that has penis in it twice. If anything, you just proved some of his points right. Quit while you're behind.

HXCNINER
June 24th, 2011, 11:29 AM
You do realize you didn't make one single rebuttal back to him right? You just made a list an 11 year old would make that has penis in it twice. If anything, you just proved some of his points right. Quit while you're behind.

Actually StormyMcTweetsie I actually did like 8 pages back but he had no rebuttal back then. Don't you remember? That's how I joined this party!

Here I will re-post it for you since you seem to be late to the party.

"Quote Originally Posted by Apphole View Post
Looney-Tune conceptions:

Well, I'll go ahead and reiterate the fact that you can't spell "loney-tunes" since you edited it. k thanks. "

Are you App guys this far behind in life too? I sure hope they didn't do too much damage to you up in those mountains.

And actually after I posted it, nobody had anything to say about it. BE CAUSE YOU GOT TOLD! LOL you gettin' it yet? Wow, this is much more fun than watching the price is right. :))

Mountaineer
June 24th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Christ Almighty.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/4089/walloftextn.jpg

Don't they teach formatting at UNCC? xlolx

HXCNINER
June 24th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Christ Almighty.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/4089/walloftextn.jpg

Don't they teach formatting at UNCC? xlolx

I know. That's a lot of reading for you App grads. I could dumb it down to your level and summarize for you. I have a soft spot in my heart for those less fortunate than me. What can I say? I'm a nice guy. So here ya go!

He is trolling... ok you with me so far?

He got told... DING DING we have a winner!

TheBisonator
June 24th, 2011, 11:43 AM
About the UNCC name thing: Try being an alum of one of the 4 Dakota schools.

Start with the fact that people in general can't tell the difference between the states of North and South Dakota in the first place, add onto the fact that there is a U and a State U in each state.

I had a friend in my animation classes say to me, "You went to school at South Dakota, right??"

He's just Canadian tho, so I let it go.

Appaholic
June 24th, 2011, 11:44 AM
About the UNCC name thing: Try being an alum of one of the 4 Dakota schools.

Start with the fact that people in general can't tell the difference between the states of North and South Dakota in the first place, add onto the fact that there is a U and a State U in each state.

I had a friend in my animation classes say to me, "You went to school at South Dakota, right??"

He's just Canadian tho, so I let it go.

You mean the "S" in NDSU doesn't stand for South Dakota? I always confused you guys with Marshall anyway.....

StorminASU
June 24th, 2011, 11:49 AM
I know. That's a lot of reading for you App grads. I could dumb it down to your level and summarize for you. I have a soft spot in my heart for those less fortunate than me. What can I say? I'm a nice guy. So here ya go!

He is trolling... ok you with me so far?

He got told... DING DING we have a winner!
I definitely didn't get told, I'm searching the other threads to find the infamous quotes you're talking about UNCC being great, etc.
I like the way you choose to respond to that comment btw, and not the one that made you look like a commie jackass. Nice choice.

Mountaineer
June 24th, 2011, 11:51 AM
DING DING we have a winner!

No doubt. He's excelled at making you look foolish. xlolx

The frustration in your posts are coming through loud and clear. xthumbsupx

TheBisonator
June 24th, 2011, 11:53 AM
You mean the "S" in NDSU doesn't stand for South Dakota? I always confused you guys with Marshall anyway.....

"Thundering Herd" is actually our secondary nickname. Like the VT Gobblers.

HXCNINER
June 24th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I definitely didn't get told, I'm searching the other threads to find the infamous quotes you're talking about UNCC being great, etc.
I like the way you choose to respond to that comment btw, and not the one that made you look like a commie jackass. Nice choice.

Haha still can't read Appy, I DID in fact respond to that post. Again, I will tell you. Learn to read. And hey, if making a joke makes me a commie jackass then it is what it is. But it's this commie jackass that's got your panties in a wad. Yes, I'm oh soooo frustrated by your lack of reading. It's kind of like telling a kindergartner to stop picking his nose. Although...I think he learns a little faster than you.

91Niner
June 24th, 2011, 12:00 PM
No doubt. He's excelled at making you look foolish. xlolx

The frustration in your posts are coming through loud and clear. xthumbsupx

You know it doesn't matter how many times you deny it, HXC has put you guys in your place and you refuse to acknowledge it. As for "refuting" your buddies "list" about what Charlotte does not have.....surely you're kidding. There is nothing but crap and uniformed "opinions" in it. Clearly you know that......oh wait, did you actually attend classes at UNC-Tweetsie? If so, you're forgiven.

Mountaineer
June 24th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Yes, I'm oh soooo frustrated by your lack of reading.

xlolx

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/5630/unccbob4.jpg

HXCNINER
June 24th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Oh and I'm curious to see which part makes me look foolish. Is it that I had a rebuttal for his every concern in his post? Or is it because he apparently had some amnesia and posted practically the same thing a few pages later? Or is it that I actually grace posters such as yourself with my very presence by replying to your idiotic mouth spews before you actually go back and read the whole post? Hell, at least his posts have some substance. Yours are just more like a winy kid hiding behind dad "yeah, tell him dad. Make that mean man go away."

HXCNINER
June 24th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Hell's yeah I made the App wall of fame!!! Parteee!!!

StorminASU
June 24th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Haha still can't read Appy, I DID in fact respond to that post. Again, I will tell you. Learn to read. And hey, if making a joke makes me a commie jackass then it is what it is. But it's this commie jackass that's got your panties in a wad. Yes, I'm oh soooo frustrated by your lack of reading. It's kind of like telling a kindergartner to stop picking his nose. Although...I think he learns a little faster than you.

Here is a great thread with several examples of posts you say never happened with grandiose dreams and UNCC domination. They'll be more coming since you both missed all the good stuff earlier:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?81700-Why-won-t-the-CAA-schedule-ASU/page2

You know it doesn't matter how many times you deny it, HXC has put you guys in your place and you refuse to acknowledge it. As for "refuting" your buddies "list" about what Charlotte does not have.....surely you're kidding. There is nothing but crap and uniformed "opinions" in it. Clearly you know that......oh wait, did you actually attend classes at UNC-Tweetsie? If so, you're forgiven.

Looks like we just put you all back in your place doesn't it? Oh how appropriate. You're both late to the party (a term you all keep using so I'll start too) and missed all the trash talk so you walk in all high and mighty wondering why everyone is so down on the UNCC parade.

StorminASU
June 24th, 2011, 12:06 PM
xlolx

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/5630/unccbob4.jpg

I love the chest logo, hahaha

StorminASU
June 24th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Here is a great thread with several examples of posts you say never happened with grandiose dreams and UNCC domination. They'll be more coming since you both missed all the good stuff earlier:

Here's another gem excerpt:
"Being an Independent = disaster. We'd be stuck playing teams like NCCU and Wofford for 10+ years with no hope of moving up to the FBS level. I say our best hope is to move all sports to the CAA."

http://gmine.blogspot.com/2011/06/socon-big-south-turn-down-49ers.html#ixzz1QDJonmeb
(http://gmine.blogspot.com/2011/06/socon-big-south-turn-down-49ers.html#ixzz1QDJonmeb)

There's more good stuff in there too.....starting to get the picture.

HXCNINER
June 24th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Here's another gem excerpt:
"Being an Independent = disaster. We'd be stuck playing teams like App St for 10+ years with no hope of moving up to the FBS level. I say our best hope is to move all sports to the CAA."

http://gmine.blogspot.com/2011/06/socon-big-south-turn-down-49ers.html#ixzz1QDJonmeb
(http://gmine.blogspot.com/2011/06/socon-big-south-turn-down-49ers.html#ixzz1QDJonmeb)

There's more good stuff in there too.....starting to get the picture.

I'm pretty sure that is more of a response to the fact that on the surface, we do not know what is going on with conference affiliations. We want to find a home for football. We have school spirit. We don't want to start a mediocre program. Who does? Obviously, there is a lot of sensitive people here. lol. That is taken from Charlotte's Sports Blog. That's not the same as going to your board and announcing it. Either way it doesn't matter. There ARE going to be people talking junk. If you want to hate my school because of one random jackass on the net then go right ahead. Not hurting my feelings any. However, since we are just playing "fuel the fire" I FTFY ;)

Mountaineer
June 24th, 2011, 12:24 PM
And being called UNC-Tweetsie doesn't phase me in the least. I love the history, culture and people of western North Carolina. Nothing embodies the hardworking attitude of Appalachia more than the folks who built the East Tennessee and Western North Carolina Railroad.

Here she is steaming through Boone (with Howard Knob in the background) in the early 1900s. xnodx

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4885/tweetsie.jpg

Appaholic69
June 24th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I think I'm going to be sick! I have lost sooooooo much time and decreased my life span after reading this crap! I'd like make two motions. 1) Administrator please shut this thread down so the UNC-Charlotte fans can move on to plotting the demise of all SoCon and Big South Football teams in their inaugural year of play. 2) Somebody shoot me for not stopping myself from reading this mindless banter that seems to bounce from point to point. It's like listening to a child(UNC-Charlotte) argue with and adult(Everyone else that already fields a football team).

StorminASU
June 24th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Before I forget, here's one that is just fascinating....5-7 years seems long enough:

"I don't think we go BCS, IF we do, it's 15-20 years away and things have to fall perfectly in place for us. I do see us having a shot to go to CUSA in 5-7 years after we've started."