PDA

View Full Version : Spring Practice at Georgetown Starts Tomorrow

LBPop
March 13th, 2006, 05:59 PM
There is no truth to the rumor that the new coach has decided to forego offense this season and punt on first down.:p

We're all anxious to see who will play and what sort of offense/defense will be played. Sworn to secrecy here, but I might be permitted to offer some general observations.:rolleyes:

How 'bout the other I-AA teams with new coaches? (Seems like half the Patriot League made a change this season.) When do you start Spring Ball? For me this is the REAL March Madness.:nod:

colgate13
March 13th, 2006, 09:38 PM
we start next week after spring break. real interested to see who steps up on the defensive line and linebackers, as well as just how good this transfer QB might be.

LBPop
March 14th, 2006, 08:29 AM
we start next week after spring break. real interested to see who steps up on the defensive line and linebackers, as well as just how good this transfer QB might be.

Yes, even when coaching is not an issue, there's always plenty to watch in the spring. By the way, depending on the Kid's situation, I'm seriously considering coming up when the Hoyas visit Hamilton on 9/30. Might drive, but if I choose to fly, what's the best strategy? Is Syracuse the best airport?

colgate13
March 14th, 2006, 08:52 AM
By the way, depending on the Kid's situation, I'm seriously considering coming up when the Hoyas visit Hamilton on 9/30. Might drive, but if I choose to fly, what's the best strategy? Is Syracuse the best airport?

Syracuse, yes. 50 minutes from Hamilton. Car rentals, etc.

89Hen
March 14th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Will be heading down to the Multi-Sport Facility at G'town tomorrow afternoon, but not for spring football. #9 Delaware at #8 Georgetown in men's lacrosse at 3:30pm. :hurray:

njhoya
March 14th, 2006, 11:01 AM
There is no truth to the rumor that the new coach has decided to forego offense this season and punt on first down.:p

We're all anxious to see who will play and what sort of offense/defense will be played. Sworn to secrecy here, but I might be permitted to offer some general observations.:rolleyes:

How 'bout the other I-AA teams with new coaches? (Seems like half the Patriot League made a change this season.) When do you start Spring Ball? For me this is the REAL March Madness.:nod:

Pop,
If you catch any of the practices keep us updated as to how they look, tenor/pace of the practices, how the new coach runs things, etc

Pard4Life
March 14th, 2006, 02:41 PM

How about training a donkey to kick 70-yard field goals, like that old Disney movie? No offense involved at all!

I think Lafayette's spring practice starts next week, but don't quote me.

LBPop
March 14th, 2006, 09:33 PM
How about training a donkey to kick 70-yard field goals, like that old Disney movie? No offense involved at all!

No offense taken at all. I started it with my ridiculous remark about Georgetown not running an offense. You know that donkey thing might have some merit, but only if he can hit from 97 yards. Then the Hoyas could score after a touchback. :D

Truth be known, I'm just a tad optimistic about the team this year. While Coach Benson is a fine guy, sometimes a fresh approach can invigorate a program. I have insisted to anyone who would listen that the talent level at Georgetown is not nearly as inferior to the best of the PL as their performances have been. Now we'll find out if I know a little football or if I'm just another biased homer. :o

eagle36
March 15th, 2006, 07:32 AM
The Georgetown team will definetly be a more disciplined team!! They have 6:30 AM practice this week!! Players are having to be accountable , classes quality of work outs and effort!

Pard4Life
March 15th, 2006, 10:43 PM
No offense taken at all. I started it with my ridiculous remark about Georgetown not running an offense. You know that donkey thing might have some merit, but only if he can hit from 97 yards. Then the Hoyas could score after a touchback. :D

Truth be known, I'm just a tad optimistic about the team this year. While Coach Benson is a fine guy, sometimes a fresh approach can invigorate a program. I have insisted to anyone who would listen that the talent level at Georgetown is not nearly as inferior to the best of the PL as their performances have been. Now we'll find out if I know a little football or if I'm just another biased homer. :o

Truth be told G'town will be decent this year. I don't like seeing Lafayette play them, and even more less so now. If we slip there these past two seasons, no playoffs for us.

LBPop
March 17th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Pop,
If you catch any of the practices keep us updated as to how they look, tenor/pace of the practices, how the new coach runs things, etc

Planning on catching tomorrow morning's practice. Will post some comments on HoyaTalk if I have something worthwhile to report. Heck, who am I kidding? Having nothing worthwhile to say hasn't yet stopped me from saying it. xlolx

nlwwln
March 18th, 2006, 12:49 AM
i was checkin through georgetowns defensive statistics and it looked like the top 5 leaders in tackles were all seinors. how do you think they should fair next year? personally I think georgetown would be a cool school to go to bein in DC and and all, its a pretty prestigious name amongst colleges. i would imagine they prolly have some trouble bringin in guys considering such high academic standards

DFW HOYA
March 18th, 2006, 09:35 AM
i personally I think georgetown would be a cool school to go to bein in DC and and all, its a pretty prestigious name amongst colleges. i would imagine they prolly have some trouble bringin in guys considering such high academic standards

Yes on both counts. Georgetown offers fewer grants than every other PL school, so that's a big challenge too.

The juniors should be ready to step it up defeneively, esp. Alex Buzbee, who could be an all-American candidate on the defensive line. The offense remains the issue--it finished at the bottom of I-AA in offensive stats before the coaching change. If Georgetown had any offense last year it wins six games.