PDA

View Full Version : Big South Nearing Expansion Decision

TexasTerror
March 12th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Here's a clip from an article about the Big South possibly making a decision on their expansion plans at the forthcoming spring meetings. It's been no secret that Presbyterian College has been considered a sure thing for expansion, but a YES vote could really push down the gas in PC's bid to move on up to Div I. Longwood has no football squad.

"Kallander hinted that some news about potential conference expansion could come out of the spring meetings, but he wouldn't elaborate. Longwood has applied for membership twice and Division II Presbyterian College in South Carolina has shown interest in moving to I-AA and joining the Big South."

http://www.newsadvance.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=LNA%2FMGArticle%2FLNA_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1137834668654&path=!sports

March 12th, 2006, 01:04 PM
The Commish will be on I-AA WAVES Tuesday night!

NoCoDanny
March 12th, 2006, 10:09 PM
I'm surprised Longwood hsan't gone to the Atlantic Sun yet.

The Gadfly
March 13th, 2006, 06:24 PM
When is this meeting?:confused:

JMUFortier
March 13th, 2006, 10:01 PM
I'm surprised Longwood hsan't gone to the Atlantic Sun yet.

I doubt Longwood would make a good candidate for the A-Sun...it's closest neighbors would be either 4 1/2 - 5 hours away with ETSU in Johnson City or Campbell in Buies Creek, NC (At least 3 1/2 hours). Farmville is not that easy to get to as it is a little bit off the beaten path (meaning interstates).

Frankly, the Big South is Longwood's best destination that they could get, unless there is some other factor I am not thinking about. Strictly speaking from a geographic perspective.